The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things that piss you off/General Rant Superthread - Page 34 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#991 Old 06-04-2008, 12:24 PM

Oh and rude people....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#992 Old 06-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Veggie Regular

People who were born, raised and attended schools in an English speaking country and yet seem to have no basic concept of the English language.

*this space not for sale*
#993 Old 06-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Stores that advertise a sale on a certain item for a certain period of time, and then don't have it in stock during that same period of time. Yes, the ad says "while supplies last", but hey, if you run out of the item the FIRST day of the sale, doesn't it ever occur to you asshats that maybe somebody might want to take advantage of the sale TWO days later, and maybe, just maybe, you should restock the shelves DURING THE SALE PERIOD? Otherwise, what's the point in having a sale that lasts for more than one day?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#994 Old 06-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

The high cost of EVERYTHING.

#995 Old 06-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

asshats

That made my day. Haven't heard that word in a LONG time. LOL

My pet peeve today: Went shoe shopping and only found one shoe of the exact style and size that I wanted. The clerk and I looked everywhere. The other shoe was nowhere to be found.
#996 Old 06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMeatMary View Post

That made my day. Haven't heard that word in a LONG time. LOL

My pet peeve today: Went shoe shopping and only found one shoe of the exact style and size that I wanted. The clerk and I looked everywhere. The other shoe was nowhere to be found.

That happened to me once. It was a store where they had only one shoe on the shelf and gave you the other one, to prevent shoplifting the pair, but they STILL couldn't find the other shoe in the back room!

#997 Old 06-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

You're the only other person I know of who says 'asshat'. I adore that word!!!
#998 Old 06-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

pet peeves:

- the saying "I could care less" when it's without irony

- putting on airs
#999 Old 06-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate when my brother pours left over breakfast cereal down the sink, but the plug is semi closed and it all mixes with water and mushy bits of bran flake float about in the sink or clog up the plug. aaaaaarggghh ITS GROSS
#1000 Old 06-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate when other people's feet are too close to me. I would slap them away from me if I was willing to touch them. So, instead, I ask them politely. I need to fix my short fuse.
#1001 Old 06-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Pedestrians. They seem to think that they're magically encased in some kind of protective bubble, and therefore they don't need to pay attention whenever they're out walking. They just GO, like a wind-up toy. They cross streets without looking all four ways, without even looking up, without stopping any kind of conversation they may be having with others. They let their kids race across the street without holding anybody's hand, and they're yakking on a cellphone the whole time, so they're completely distracted, even when they're pushing a baby stroller across the street.

And then they have the nerve to get indignant whenever they think they, or their kids, are about to be hit by a car, as if the driver is some kind of maniac who enjoys running down people.

#1002 Old 06-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Motorists.

I am a good little pedestrian. I always look both ways (even on a one way street) repeatedly. I never step in front of oncoming traffic even if there is a huge gap. I never cross at a cross-walk unless I have the walk signal (even when there are no cars around).

It is a regularly occurrence that a motorist will cut me off when I have the right of way crossing an intersection - even more appalling is when they do this when I'm pushing a baby carriage. And if they aren't doing that, they are revving their engine like a threat.

I just know that one day I'm going to be hit by a careless motorist and when it happens (assuming I'm still alive) I want to have the smug satisfaction of being in the right. (Oh, I am so mature.)
#1003 Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

My boyfriend's driving. What's the point in speeding up towards a red light, or a line of stopped cars? None! and he complains if people drive too slow or too fast, or if they cut him off-- but he's definitely done everything that he complains about other people doing.
#1004 Old 06-29-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Pedestrians. They seem to think that they're magically encased in some kind of protective bubble, and therefore they don't need to pay attention whenever they're out walking. They just GO, like a wind-up toy. They cross streets without looking all four ways, without even looking up, without stopping any kind of conversation they may be having with others. They let their kids race across the street without holding anybody's hand, and they're yakking on a cellphone the whole time, so they're completely distracted, even when they're pushing a baby stroller across the street.

And then they have the nerve to get indignant whenever they think they, or their kids, are about to be hit by a car, as if the driver is some kind of maniac who enjoys running down people.

I agree with you on that one. Also a BIG pet-peeve of mine is when people walk EXTREMELY slow in a crowded hallway and you can't get around them.
#1005 Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Veggie Regular

It's worse when people sit or stand on a small staircase while a huge crowd tries to push by them. Then they act all annoyed with other people, like it's our fault or something.
#1006 Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I may have posted this already, but another pet peeve is people who completely block doorways just so they can stand and chat with each other. Is this the ONLY possible location available on the entire planet for an extended discussion on the merits of gallbladder surgery, which mutual funds are best, and Obama vs. McCain? Givemeafreakinbreak and let me through!

#1007 Old 07-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a new one.

My aunt.
#1008 Old 07-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular

motorists who queue up in the left lane to turn right at a roundabout

they all deserve to die a painful, grizzly death
#1009 Old 07-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Yep, other drivers.

I hate when I'm pouring something from a bottle per se and some of it drips down the side of the bottle. Especially if it's something that gets sticky. Bothers me a lot.

Oh, and pestering flesh eaters. "You're vegan?! Bwubsdfidbn rabble rabble..."

#1010 Old 07-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse27 View Post

I hate when I'm pouring something from a bottle per se and some of it drips down the side of the bottle. Especially if it's something that gets sticky. Bothers me a lot.

aargh - bottles with pop caps like soy sauce and herbs / spices that once you've opened them, it is impossible to push the cap back down so they are just left open all the time.

Great design guys . . . .
#1011 Old 12-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Veggie Regular

One of my holiday season pet peeves: People who insist on referring to certain movies as "Christmas movies" just because they're set at Christmastime or there is maybe ONE scene set at Christmastime. They're not.

Please take note: Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie by any stretch of the imagination, just because it starts out with a Christmas party. It's about a cop (Bruce Willis) who takes on a bunch of terrorists who take over an office building.

Likewise, Jumanji is NOT a Christmas movie just because there's a scene near the very end that takes place at Christmas.

#1012 Old 12-12-2008, 04:40 AM

Misuse of the word literal/literally.

"It literally blew my mind..." Um, no.

"I literally froze to death..." Wrong again.

"She has so much literal crap in her bedroom, she won't be able to lie down..." Ewwwwwwww.
#1013 Old 12-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantKarma View Post

Misuse of the word literal/literally.

"It literally blew my mind..." Um, no.

"I literally froze to death..." Wrong again.

"She has so much literal crap in her bedroom, she won't be able to lie down..." Ewwwwwwww.

LOL (Yes, I literally laughed out loud when I read that) :P

I know I have lots of pet peeves, but I'm in a semi-decent mood right now so I can't really think of any. I'll post something later when I'm feeling irked.
#1014 Old 12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Veggie Regular

People who say funnest/funner. They're not words people!!!
#1015 Old 12-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

When I am working around my horses in the barn, the gelding lifts his tail and farts as soon as I am directly behind him. He does this on PURPOSE!
#1016 Old 12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira View Post

When I am working around my horses in the barn, the gelding lifts his tail and farts as soon as I am directly behind him. He does this on PURPOSE!

Now this is a real PET peeve.....
#1017 Old 12-14-2008, 04:39 PM

No, it's a pet poof.
#1018 Old 12-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Or is it a literal pet peeve?
#1019 Old 12-14-2008, 05:27 PM

Imma smack you.
#1020 Old 12-15-2008, 05:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I love you guys!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page