The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things that piss you off/General Rant Superthread - Page 33 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#961 Old 05-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

People who have an overblown impression of their importance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#962 Old 05-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPerv View Post

...words that end in 'izzle.' Sizzle=still okay... For shizzle iz chizzle up in my bizzle... <---Why do people still say that???

Also this.
#963 Old 05-12-2008, 06:40 AM

When i can never find matching socks!!!!!!! Urghhh!!! Worst thing ever!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#964 Old 05-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Why do other people at work get to take vacations? *I* am the only one there who's allowed to take vacations!

*this space not for sale*
#965 Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

POINTLESS THREADS!!!! (I am yelling too, so it's okay that I typed in all cap, right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPerv View Post

...words that end in 'izzle.' Sizzle=still okay... For shizzle iz chizzle up in my bizzle... <---Why do people still say that???

LOL...I used For Shizz frequently!! Juno brought it back for me!! For shizzy my nizzy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie View Post

When i can never find matching socks!!!!!!! Urghhh!!! Worst thing ever!!!

Word.
#966 Old 05-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle00 View Post

POINTLESS THREADS!!!! (I am yelling too, so it's okay that I typed in all cap, right?)

#967 Old 05-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Why do other people at work get to take vacations? *I* am the only one there who's allowed to take vacations!

Ditto.

I've been waiting for a day off for almost two years. I always get called in, but no one will work for me.

Right now, my guy is waiting for me to pick him up in Charlotte (2 hours away) but I'm at work.

I REALLY tried to get tonight off. I was supposed to be here at 11pm tonight.

But, I'm here at 5pm...why? Because I got called in to (surprise!) cover for someone who needs to go pick someone up.

This is SO unfair...I hardly ever ask for anything, and all I needed was one lousy day off!!!

I have a week's vacation I can't even use, and in a few months, I'm going to have a SECOND week of vacation I can't use!!! (we get 1 week after each year we work here)

But...my boss really tries hard...and he's coming in from 8pm to 12am so I can pick up my guy...

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#968 Old 05-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

It really irks me when someone eats the last piece of my bread. It's mine. Mine I tell you. Eat your own bread.

*poor Bells goes hungry tonight*
#969 Old 05-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate it when people block the fast lane! What if my prego sister was in the car and in labor? What if I was transporting an organ from an organ donor? It's MY ticket, not YOURS! MOVE OVER ALREADY!!! Okay... I feel better now.
#970 Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

What throughly irritates me is people using the handicap button to open the handicap door when there's absolutely no reason for it! I've seen people with nothing but a soda in one hand and nothing in the hand and they use the handicap door! Maybe they're thinking it saves time. Nope! Takes just as much effort and time (virtually none) to open a freaking door as it does to press a button!

I have nothing against people who uses the handicap doors out of necessity such someone in a wheelchair or on crutches or someone with their hands full.
#971 Old 05-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

People who don't bother to teach their kids to watch first before they step down into the street, and then have the gall to scream obscenities at ME because I had to skid to a stop when their kid practically jumps in front of my car without looking.

#972 Old 05-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

People who leave pencil eraser bits ALL OVER the tables. It's very annoying.
#973 Old 05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have a pet, but if I get one, I will ask it if it has any peeves.
#974 Old 05-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

when i am obviously rushing around or in a hurry or working and someone interrupts me for the purpose of casual conversation. I HATE being interrupted. If you want to chitchat with me, do it while we're on break. Don't wait until I'm running around trying to meet store deadlines. Do not interrupt me unless it is something that is relevant to what I am doing.

When people ask "are you okay?" over and over. If I said yes the first time it either means yes I'm okay, or it means no I am not okay but I don't care to talk about it so leave me the hell alone and stop asking me.

I hate when people refer to me as "the vegetarian" and make jokes about how "the vegetarian" won't like it if you offer her steak, etc. I have a name, you know. I am not a walking stereotype. Thankfully I have a good comeback in mind for the next time this happens.

I hate when parents bring their little kids to the late night (9pm) show at the movies. I dont' want to hear your kid screaming, thank you, it's actually why I only see late night movies, so take your damn kid home and put it in bed where it belongs. thank you.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#975 Old 05-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I also get annoyed if the telephone rings a lot in a short period of time, especially if it's the same person calling multiple times. Sometimes it is understandable but it still annoys me.

Oh and I hate girls who get drunk and then make comments about the size of their boobs, and put things in them and shake them around to get male attention. Newsflash, boobs are nice and everything but you're reinforcing the concept of women being pieces of meat. I have a nice ass but I don't bend over and shake it around when I'm drunk.

I also hate when the rabbit in the room next to me does its scratching or digging or whatever it is in its cage. The noise drives me nuts.

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#976 Old 05-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Beginner

Ooooh, I'm so peeved when folks ask you a question and then don't listen to the answer. Don't ask how my family is doing then start reading something and nod and say "Uh huh" while I answer. If you don't care, that's fine, but don't ask!
#977 Old 05-23-2008, 01:59 PM

I have a new one. I went to the natural foods store that has a vegan deli in the back. I asked for a mixed berry smoothie. The guy put it all together in the blender, turned it on, answered his phone, and walked away. A couple minutes later he came back turned it off and walked away to continue his personal phone conversation. I'm standing there for another couple minutes before I say eff it and walk away. My new pet peeve is people who you're paying to service you and ignore you to talk on personal calls.
#978 Old 05-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotallyTober View Post

I have a new one. I went to the natural foods store that has a vegan deli in the back. I asked for a mixed berry smoothie. The guy put it all together in the blender, turned it on, answered his phone, and walked away. A couple minutes later he came back turned it off and walked away to continue his personal phone conversation. I'm standing there for another couple minutes before I say eff it and walk away. My new pet peeve is people who you're paying to service you and ignore you to talk on personal calls.

Similar to employees at the grocery checkout who insist on having personal conversations with other employees while they're scanning your purchases. Lady, pay attention to your job so I don't get overcharged, okay?

#979 Old 05-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I get really annoyed by people who **** talk other people for dumb reasons. I was on the bus the other day and all I could hear was some young girl trying to sound cool by talking about how some guy was ugly and made her think "ew, that's gross but whatever" when she looked at him. What a shallow thing to say...

Oh also I get annoyed by people who complain about their job while they are at work, especially if they are new to the job. Its like okay if you hate it here so much, why the hell did you apply and what are you doing here? Either leave or stop complaining, geeez

#980 Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblossom View Post

.... Its like okay if you hate it here so much, why the hell did you apply and what are you doing here? Either leave or stop complaining, geeez

Good god, yes. I have spoken that exact phrase more times than I can count.
#981 Old 05-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Burning.the.toast.

It's one thing to burn the toast in your own kitchen, but when you're careless and let it happen at work, you smell up the entire floor.

#982 Old 05-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^^ Amen! Or popcorn. Bleh...
#983 Old 05-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Burning.the.toast.

It's one thing to burn the toast in your own kitchen, but when you're careless and let it happen at work, you smell up the entire floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMeatMary View Post

^^^^ Amen! Or popcorn. Bleh...

Agreed, especially if you live in a dorm or apartment with super-sensitive smoke detectors. Especially if it is between the hours of 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Even more so if it is raining or the temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
#984 Old 05-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

People who want you to cook for them, but won't really tell you what they want or don't want, and then won't eat what you've cooked.
#985 Old 06-03-2008, 12:10 PM

People chewing..

I dunno why but it annoys the heck outta me!

Ah well.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" - Star Wars
#986 Old 06-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Someone made cheesy microwave popcorn the other day.

That smell nearly made me vomit.

Then they burned it by leaving it in too long.

Pop popcorn in your own ****ing microwave. The limited numbers of school microwaves are for actual FOOD.
#987 Old 06-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Why don't my cats EVER listen to me? When I tell them something, I expect them to pay attention and behave accordingly, dangit!

#988 Old 06-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Beginner

I hate it when people come by my desk during my lunch time and say "Oh, am I disturbing your lunch?" I would think that the spoon in my mouth would tip them off, but apparently not.

I especially hate the ones who ask that, then after I say yes, they proceed to continue bugging me anyway!!!!!
#989 Old 06-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChris View Post

I hate it when people come by my desk during my lunch time and say "Oh, am I disturbing your lunch?" I would think that the spoon in my mouth would tip them off, but apparently not.

I especially hate the ones who ask that, then after I say yes, they proceed to continue bugging me anyway!!!!!

I have the same problem. I eat lunch at my desk, too, and the guy who works in the office with me has no qualms about interrupting my lunch to ask me work-related questions. Can't he deal with his problems by himself for 30 lousy minutes without bothering me on my lunch break?

And then there are the ones who open the door, see I'm having my lunch, and instead of saying, "oops, I'll come back later", say, "I know you're having your lunch, but when you're done..." and then proceed to roll out what THEY want from me.

#990 Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 PM

I really hate tall people who assume i have to move out of the way for them! Especially when there are a group of them and only 1 of me.....this happened to me the other day at the movies. Some girl that was at least 10 years younger than me assumed i would move out of her tall ass way.

Really loud eaters.....the smacking and snorting sounds!! Yuck!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page