The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things that piss you off/General Rant Superthread - Page 167 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#4981 Old 02-10-2013, 12:53 PM

The way my boyfriend leaves dairy-based butter particles in the spreads we both use (like the peanut butter). I don't know if I have the energy to be so anal as to have my own designated peanut butter to avoid this. Maybe I should try suggesting a little louder that he just use my soya spread. But then I'd have to deal with an excess of toast crumbs and/or jam and peanut butter particles in the soya spread, whereas at least with my having my own spread now I can keep toast crumbs down to a minimum and I never use soya spread AND peanut butter (I don't think both are required) so the peanut butter never finds its way into the soya spread.

Also the way when he eats something and for some (imagined?) reason there's something "wrong" with it (texture of that particular mouthful is weird or tastes strange suddenly) he spits it out. Yeah. And I can't help getting offended, usually coz I've cooked the food. I find this very juvenile. If I ate a mouthful of something which I didn't like (suddenly, even though I'd been eating one forkful after another for the past five minutes) I'd just swallow it. Like an adult. You don't spit out food unless it's rotten. Sigh.

Ewe Nanny likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4982 Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

After pointing out that humans are animals, they claim that humans are a special type of animal, as if wearing clothes or using technology that was made by a small group of other humans and conditioned on to us makes every human on Earth equal to the individuals who made the thing they only use!

"Treat others as you wish to be treated."

- The Golden Rule

"No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible."

- Voltair

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Even dust piled up will grow into a mountain."

- Japanese Proverb

#4983 Old 02-10-2013, 06:47 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!

Talk about rudeness in college life. 

I'm halfway done my laundry and I got back to move my clothes from the washer to the dryer and I find that someone had MOVED my laundry from the washer and into a dryer while they had their own stuff in that washer and had set it to cycle. @[email protected] Talk about f*cking rude. I just stood there for a minute like D=< . I couldn't even think straight as I started the dryer. I felt so disrespected and violated. I understand I was a bit late upon switching my clothes to the dryer, but it is in NO WAY acceptable to move anyone's clothes (I was even more offended because I had a ton of undergarments in that load) There have been times when I had to wait for an open washer for awhile even though some people's wash cycle was done, and yes,  it was annoying as some peoples' clothes hadn't moved even after an hour, but I knew that did not give me the right to move their clothes. I could wait or I could use the washers down in the other hall.  There are days when ALL the washers and dryers are open, so maybe people should be a bit more efficient and try to do their laundry during those days as well.

I had to vent to my roomate and she told me she had something even worse happen to her. Someone took her clothes out of the dryer once and actually put them on top of the dryer where she could barely reach. She also told me how one of her friends saw someone put her clothes onto the floor.

It's just RUDE. Don't do it, or I may as well do it to you, though I won't because I don't believe the eye for an eye thing fixes anything. I was so offended that I wrote the politest sticky note I could saying "It is not appropriate to move someone's clothes. There are washers in the next hall over. Thank you." and stuck it to the washer they took over. I'm not just going to take that from people without a word. No one else should either. People will walk over you if you let them, and if you don't make a point with them, they will do the same to others.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4984 Old 02-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I have to disagree with you about the washer/dryer thing. If there are no machines left, and someone is late coming to move their stuff out of a machine, then it's normal to move their stuff out of the way. I always give them time after their clothes are done in the machine to show up, but if they're more than half an hour late, then I'll move their stuff out.

Of course, I always make sure to put their stuff in a dryer (if it's coming from a washer) or on a clean countertop (if it's already dry). Putting it on the floor or where they might have trouble reaching it is pretty bad.

But insisting that nobody else can move your clothes when you're late coming to get them is like saying "I'm too lazy to finish doing my laundry, so nobody else is allowed to do theirs".

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#4985 Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 AM

Lol, the washer/dryer saga. I've experienced this too and I have moved someone's washing once because I waited HOURS for them to come back to the laundry room and free the machine and they just never came. I kept coming back down from my flat to the communal laundry room and every time their laundry was just sitting there idle, festering in the machine, pointlessly.

Of course if there was an alternative machine to use, even a little distance away, I would rather have used that than touch someone else's wet knickers. Yigh.

#4986 Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 AM

People who refuse to park in the designated white lines in parking lots. I have never witnessed such consistent blatant disregard for common sense and decency with regards to parking as I have since living in Ireland. Maybe it's an Irish thing.

So what happens is some ass monkey parks over the white lines in a parking space thus rendering the parking space into which s/he has half parked unusable. This is very annoying when there is no parking and someone has used up two spaces for their one car.

What's even more befuddling (I find anyway) is the way people are incapable of parking in the white lines in an empty parking lot too. Like, no other cars, just that one car, straddled over two spaces. Why?! Why not just park in the lines. Nothing was obstructing you from doing it. Sheer laziness.

#4987 Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned

I hate it when people walk slow on purpose when they see a car coming. Same thing with kids playing in the street. In the grocery store when you politely ask someone to let you by especially after they have been staring at the same can of corn for minutes on end and they ignore you. I have had this happen a lot. Old people that think they still have the ability to drive and clearly don't since I have had so many times that their old asses have almost hit me. Also in my hick neighborhood there are a bunch of people that ride their 4 wheelers down the railroad tracks and around the power lines. They also ride the things down the streets. WTF. Not neighborhood streets, actual roads. Illegal and dangerous for them and the drivers.

#4988 Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Shannon - I understand! Especially people who are mean to servers and Blue Laws are STUPID. I'm used to buying liquor at grocery stores too, every day of the week.

You buy liquor every day of the week? tsk. 

#4989 Old 02-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't know moving someone's clothes was considered so offensive. Is it a germs thing? 

#4990 Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1976 View Post

I hate it when people walk slow on purpose when they see a car coming.

Guilty!

I kind of have a grudge against cars in general, being a cyclist. I only really do that if I'm crossing the road and the motorist revs/speeds up to try and intimidate. Then I like to slow down.   

#4991 Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

Guilty!

I kind of have a grudge against cars in general, being a cyclist. I only really do that if I'm crossing the road and the motorist revs/speeds up to try and intimidate. Then I like to slow down.   

Yep, like that saying goes, don't judge another man until you've walked a mile in their moccasins, similarly, don't judge a cyclist until you've cycled three miles on their bike. I used to find cyclists annoying, but then I cycled to work/wherever for a year and a half, and now I fully appreciate the inconsiderateness of motorists. So when I drive now I'm really nice to cyclists. I don't even really begrudge the group sports cyclists who rove around in gangs, blatantly taking up the whole lane, forcing everyone to go round them. Drivers kind of deserve that kind of disregard themselves from time to time...

#4992 Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Lotus View Post

The way my boyfriend leaves dairy-based butter particles in the spreads we both use (like the peanut butter).

That could give you some serious food poisoning. If he's leaving butter in the PB, if it sits, it can grow mold. That's why it's so important to use separate knives for everything and not double dipping. Vegan or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

You buy liquor every day of the week? tsk. 

That's how I get through my serving shifts tongue3.gif

Ron Albury likes this.
#4993 Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Lotus View Post

The way my boyfriend leaves dairy-based butter particles in the spreads we both use (like the peanut butter).
That could give you some serious food poisoning. If he's leaving butter in the PB, if it sits, it can grow mold. That's why it's so important to use separate knives for everything and not double dipping. Vegan or not.
I never considered that. I double dip between the peanut butter and the jelly with the same knife all the time.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#4994 Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I never considered that. I double dip between the peanut butter and the jelly with the same knife all the time.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

It's going to kill you one day

tongue3.gif

I'm more concerned about the jelly getting with the PB, especially if you don't refrigerate the PB.

#4995 Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Yuck, that's disgusting. I'll tell him about that, because he has an epic fear of mould since he saw some documentary where a guy inhaled blue mould from bread and it supposedly ate away at his face (I think this sounds like nonsense, but he believes it, so...). Mind you, the peanut butter never lasts long in our house anyway, so the butter wouldn't get much chance to go mouldy coz the peanut butter is consumed in a week usually.

#4996 Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 AM

Quote:

I have to disagree with you about the washer/dryer thing. If there are no machines left, and someone is late coming to move their stuff out of a machine, then it's normal to move their stuff out of the way. I always give them time after their clothes are done in the machine to show up, but if they're more than half an hour late, then I'll move their stuff out.

Of course, I always make sure to put their stuff in a dryer (if it's coming from a washer) or on a clean countertop (if it's already dry). Putting it on the floor or where they might have trouble reaching it is pretty bad.

But insisting that nobody else can move your clothes when you're late coming to get them is like saying "I'm too lazy to finish doing my laundry, so nobody else is allowed to do theirs".

--Fromper
juggle.gif

I agree with Fromper here.

I used to live in student accommodation with about 200 people and only 3 washers and 3 dryers. I found it very inconsiderate to leave washing in the machines when there was clearly gonna be someone waiting for it pretty much. 

I definitely don't agree with putting it somewhere dirty or inappropriate though. 

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#4997 Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Ive had this discussion for the last few years but im having it again. Lent always cracks me up. When i dont eat meat all year long people judge me and say stupid things to me and tell me to et meat. But during lent people give up meat( except fish because we all know thats not meat) and if you accidentlly give them meat they get all offended that they recieved meat. When i get offened that theres no vegetarian options people judge me and make fun. 

I work in  a nursing hime so alot of people do the give up meat thing. It just really cracks me up

#4998 Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

Ive had this discussion for the last few years but im having it again. Lent always cracks me up. When i dont eat meat all year long people judge me and say stupid things to me and tell me to et meat. But during lent people give up meat( except fish because we all know thats not meat) and if you accidentlly give them meat they get all offended that they recieved meat. When i get offened that theres no vegetarian options people judge me and make fun. 
I work in  a nursing hime so alot of people do the give up meat thing. It just really cracks me up
So do they give up all meat (other than fish) for the entire time period, or only on Fridays? I've heard of meat free Fridays, but I wasn't sure what the deal was. Not being Catholic, I've never figured out what all their traditions are.

Actually, I was surprised when I saw someone with the ash on their forehead on the way to work today. I didn't remember that Ash Wednesday was coming up until it's here. Nor do I really know what it means. Of course, if I cared, I'd look it up on Wikipedia or something.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#4999 Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

So do they give up all meat (other than fish) for the entire time period, or only on Fridays? I've heard of meat free Fridays, but I wasn't sure what the deal was. Not being Catholic, I've never figured out what all their traditions are.

Actually, I was surprised when I saw someone with the ash on their forehead on the way to work today. I didn't remember that Ash Wednesday was coming up until it's here. Nor do I really know what it means. Of course, if I cared, I'd look it up on Wikipedia or something.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

They just give it up on Fridays. And ash wendsday of course. They don't have to give up meat but that's a common thing for people to give up.

Second gripe of the day: I was looking at my news feed on Facebook and randomly a guy that used to work at my place of work, whom I thought was a really nice down to earth accepting guy, randomly posted "I hate hippies and animals are delicious"
He wasn't saying it to me but I really just want to go on his wall and be like wtf. My opinion of him has completely changed now.
#5000 Old 02-16-2013, 12:46 PM

game-playing and rituals in dating... like "don't return calls or texts for X amount of days to increase the suspense..." F that...

#5001 Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

When i was a youngster we used to get food from the schwan man ( its like a food delivery service and they drive big yellow trucks) and it brings back memories from my childhod, so i was thinking about ordering stuff from them. They dont have one vegetarian dish. They sell crabcakes for godsakes but no vegetarian entrees. Wth

#5002 Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Impeach the gangster

5000-posts! Please see the new thread!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page