Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 10-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Banned

Rules:

* No debate.

* Whining is permitted.

* Nothing earth-shattering.

First gripe: I hate forced memory upgrades. $120 at the computer store or $90 through newegg. Then of course there is FedEX which always expects a signature on the day I have a meeting and can't stay home to accept the package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm eating this soup cup thingy and it's just absolutely disgusting. But I have to eat it because I forgot another snack and I'm about to gnaw my arm off.
#3 Old 10-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

It was around 87 degrees in my office this morning. Apparently they either turned the air off, the heat on, or both over the weekend. It's finally cooling off. I just don't do well in heat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Veggie Regular

When the email server constipates on my email all weekend, then dumps 102 messages into my inbox at once.
#5 Old 10-25-2004, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkjobsluder View Post

Rules:

* No debate.

* Whining is permitted.

* Nothing earth-shattering.

Then of course there is FedEX which always expects a signature on the day I have a meeting and can't stay home to accept the package.

FedEx can kiss my behind. I send those bandits $1500-2500 of shipping per month and they want to push, threaten, etc. I told them they should cut my rates and they sent me a contract that's utterly incomprehensible. I don't profess to be a genius but damn, I did graduate from a few schools and I ought to be able to understand their contract, and WON'T sign one that I can't comprehend. I told him to send me something I could understand and he said, "Well basically it says this and that". I told him that I understood those portions, I didn't understand all these methods of computing the fees. He said, "Oh nobody does, just sign it". Screw YOU, man . . .

I'm going with DHL, I'll let you know how it works out . . .
#6 Old 10-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Car alarms that are so sensitive that if you blow on the thing it goes off ~ one like this parks outside my office window daily.

Jackhammering at 7:30 on a Sunday morning...unacceptable.
#7 Old 10-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

ha, good on ya BK.

Are you sure you are not loaning out the whole SHIP "and cargo" with amount of money???
#8 Old 10-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Trying to cancel a service with somebody. I did the trial AOL thingy (for freeipods), and I cancelled the AOL today. This lady told me that you can't get free news on the internet without AOL You can try to make me stay, but don't lie, idiot.
#9 Old 10-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

i came in to find one of my culture flasks had shattered and shortcircuited the shaker so that the other 7 flasks were now no longer good either, thus making a months worth of work useless. then, everyone in my lab behaves like 5year olds, never cleaning up after themselves, never replenishing stock supplies and NEVER LISTENING when you tell them to stop behaving that way!
#10 Old 10-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

my landlords do a crappy job of regulating the heat in my apartment. there are these extreme temperature shifts, and it's really bad for my piano! (and me, but that's secondary)
#11 Old 10-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I hate it when drivers don't use their turn signal & people who don't pull over for emergency vehicles.
#12 Old 10-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

My favorite comic book store is closing.
#13 Old 10-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

When you find a can of soup in the produce section of the supermarket, or a pair of jeans in the shirt rack at a department store. Is it so much effort to walk 10 steps to put something back where you found it?

Also, unflushed public toilets. Apparently some people never finished kindergarten.
#14 Old 10-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Pepsi machines should NOT have two-and-a-half-month expired pepsis in them. If I'm going to go searching desperately for the change to get myself a diet pepsi, I expect it to NOT be expired. Two and a half months! I can't drink that! That could kill me!
#15 Old 10-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I get so pissed when people don't say "thank you" if you hold a door for them ect. They are also the same people who will usually knock into you at a store and not say "excuse me"

also

People who don't correct their kids. We were at a 4 yr old's b-day party last week and it was full of BAD KIDS. The parents just sat and watched their kids hit other kids, cry and scream and act like brats. One girl there tried to push a bunch of kids down the wooden stairs while her dad watched and said nothing to her We had to leave early because I got so irritated.
#16 Old 10-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Veggie Regular

oh! oh, I hate that punkmommy! especially when you're in charge of kids who aren't allowed to do what the other kids are doing. especially when it's something fun.

"No, I don't care if all those other kids are taking off their clothes and jumping into a public fountain, you're still not allowed to."
#17 Old 10-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswym View Post

everyone in my lab behaves like 5year olds, never cleaning up after themselves, never replenishing stock supplies and NEVER LISTENING when you tell them to stop behaving that way!

I hear ya. I work with a bunch of lab pigs too.
#18 Old 10-25-2004, 10:49 AM

I hate professors who always seem to have a stick up thier butt. You try to ask for help and they act like they dont know wtf you're talking about..ugh.
#19 Old 10-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm beginning to despise the sorry excuse for tables the university has the students take tests on. Man, next time I sit and write for three hours at one of those I'll develop RSI.
#20 Old 10-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Since others have mentioned Fed Ex, I should add my own Fed Ex gripe...the stupid voice recognition software they use with their phone system. Of all the sleazy, heartless ways to save a buck. And I don't even see how it does that, since it never works and you always have to talk to a live operator anyway. I think all it does is irritate customers until, after 5 minutes of talking to a nonhuman voice in one-word cues, they give up and call DHL or UPS.
#21 Old 10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmommy View Post

I get so pissed when people don't say "thank you" if you hold a door for them ect. They are also the same people who will usually knock into you at a store and not say "excuse me"

Ooh - that one really gets my goat. I'm normally an extremely nice person, but when I hold the door open for someone and they don't say a word, I just blurt out, "You're welcome!" in a loud, snotty voice. I have no control over it ...
#22 Old 10-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Another one - your turn signal is not a decoration. It's actually there to serve a purpose. And it does no good to flip it on while you're actually turning. I get it, by that point.
#23 Old 10-25-2004, 11:41 AM

I found cookies that my aunt nan used to give my siblings and I when we were kids and I wa thrilled, I hadn't seen or had them for years. I automatically grabbed them and went oops, I should read - just in case. They were perfectly fine up until the last ingredient

fish gelatin

Lost my appetite and put it back.
#24 Old 10-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

When people make a big deal of pulling in front of me, only to go 30mph

When people speed up to pass people, knowing damn well that they have to merge 200ft ahead

I second punkmommy...bad parents!
#25 Old 10-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm never going to see andrew again.
#26 Old 10-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

what does me bad, is when you load a page to see the latest post (OR moreover the latter half of a thread) which has a specific URL address which the software uses, but why does that latest have to always bolt to the top in a jumpy motion by nature of the program,

jerking off the reader, as if to say look I'm here, read me, I am in your face and annoying you... and all you want (me anyway) is to read whereever in thread I like without the jump to the latest post.... Grrr!!!

I could always click on the main title-link to prevent this, but grrr anyway.
#27 Old 10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I also hate being judged for what I eat. Carrots and toast are going down the hatch...omigosh!
#28 Old 10-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmommy View Post

People who don't correct their kids. We were at a 4 yr old's b-day party last week and it was full of BAD KIDS. The parents just sat and watched their kids hit other kids, cry and scream and act like brats. One girl there tried to push a bunch of kids down the wooden stairs while her dad watched and said nothing to her We had to leave early because I got so irritated.

Ohh, my wife had a pampered chef party, and this one lady brought two of her children (3 and 5). Alright, then she gives them soda, and they run all over the place spilling it on EVERYTHING. The mom says nothing. So my wife has to say something. She just politely told them they could sit their drinks on the table while they played, and come to get a drink if they wanted one. The oldest (5 years old) starting screaming and the mom just comes over to comfort her! After the mom leaves, the kid is running around with the soda again, ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
#29 Old 10-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagginabit View Post

I hate professors who always seem to have a stick up thier butt. You try to ask for help and they act like they dont know wtf you're talking about..ugh.

I am convinced that some professors are really dumb as rocks.
#30 Old 10-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystmDwnGrl2 View Post

I am convinced that some professors are really dumb as rocks.

Scratches arse like chimp, hmm, reminds me of someone.

I need an education! My name is dumbificationism!...

Thats short for anti-establushmentarianism!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page