the stupid little gripes thread - Page 113 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#3361 Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

I told my brother's fiance about the fact that I keep breaking my little toes and she looked at me like I am crazy and said "Noone keeps breaking their toes. That does not happen."

So I guess I am exceptionally clumsy or something. Also my feet are kind of flat and my little toes are at the side and catch on table legs etc.

Haha well we do! So there. I'm not even clumsy but I run about everywhere, and broke them a few times when running up the stairs. Ergggh I remember the crunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

rags
Did you shout at the object you stubbed your toe on, as is customery when one hurts oneself on an inanimate object

I usually swear a lot.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3362 Old 08-25-2011, 04:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Owww, I do not like to think about toes breaking. That has happened to a few people I know.
#3363 Old 08-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Veggie Regular

It's better than breaking anything else. Never had any other breaks so I'm not complaining!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3364 Old 08-25-2011, 04:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags. View Post

Haha well we do! So there. I'm not even clumsy but I run about everywhere, and broke them a few times when running up the stairs. Ergggh I remember the crunch.

I usually swear a lot.

Yep I tend to swear at the objects too.
#3365 Old 08-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I found a neon green worm in my broccoli.
I don't give a crap how bad pesticides are , I want my fruits and veggies covered in them. I'd rather consume chemicals over bugs anyday.
#3366 Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I found a neon green worm in my broccoli.
I don't give a crap how bad pesticides are , I want my fruits and veggies covered in them. I'd rather consume chemicals over bugs anyday.

Yuck.

I once found a dead fly in the salad I was eating in the cafeteria at work. The other people at the table just laughed and called it "extra protein".

Keep in mind, though, that this was before I went veg, so there was also chicken in my salad which I didn't mind eating at the time.

I think if you're planning to become a parent one day, though, it's probably better to find animals in your food than consume a lot of chemicals, just to avoid the possibility of producing mutant children. In fact, I think chemicals in the food might explain the behavior of a lot of Americans these days.

*this space not for sale*
#3367 Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

YES YES YES! This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Especially since it looks highly suspicious and as if the OP is just trying to start trouble by starting these threads. Plus we also deal with these questions on a regular basis from omnis so it's rather obnoxious when someone who is a vegetarian starts asking them.

I'm so confused, not finding any threads like this.
#3368 Old 08-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

My laptop keeps turning itself on the middle of the night Sometimes it installs updates, closing down my windows. Sometimes it just stays on for nothing, making my laptop extremely hot by the time I notice. How the heck is this even happening?
#3369 Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 AM

I hate when there is no one, but me, to stop and remove a dead animal from the road.

I'm sensitive, & I'd like to stay that way ~JK~
#3370 Old 08-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I think if you're planning to become a parent one day, though, it's probably better to find animals in your food than consume a lot of chemicals, just to avoid the possibility of producing mutant children. In fact, I think chemicals in the food might explain the behavior of a lot of Americans these days.

True. Good thing I don't plan on ever reproducing. I'll keep the mutant transformation for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

My laptop keeps turning itself on the middle of the night Sometimes it installs updates, closing down my windows. Sometimes it just stays on for nothing, making my laptop extremely hot by the time I notice. How the heck is this even happening?

Ghost in the machine..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by izjustagirl View Post

I hate when there is no one, but me, to stop and remove a dead animal from the road.

You have my admiration and appreciation but there is no way I would ever be able to handle doing that.
#3371 Old 08-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Thanks fadeaway1289....it's not easy but I find it so disrespectful to a wee soul when they are left to be repeatedly hit. It's the least I can do.

I'm sensitive, & I'd like to stay that way ~JK~
#3372 Old 08-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Ghost in the machine..........

You have my admiration and appreciation but there is no way I would ever be able to handle doing that.

Like the X-Files episode!!!

#3373 Old 08-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

ERRR the back of my head is bald now, stupid clipper guard.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#3374 Old 08-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

My laptop did this the other week! It was 3am and I couldn't sleep..laptop's off on the other side of the room when I hear it booting up. So freaked out. No idea why that would happen either.

#3375 Old 08-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

My laptop did this the other week! It was 3am and I couldn't sleep..laptop's off on the other side of the room when I hear it booting up. So freaked out. No idea why that would happen either.

I've woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of it running. It doesn't happen everyday, but every week or every other week is the usual. Was yours in hibernation mode or off? I keep mine in hibernation.
#3376 Old 08-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I need to make dinner but I have about as much energy as someone who subsists solely on sandcakes.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#3377 Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Some of the threads on here are annoying me. I think I should stick to only reading the fun ones.
#3378 Old 08-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of it running. It doesn't happen everyday, but every week or every other week is the usual. Was yours in hibernation mode or off? I keep mine in hibernation.

No, I turn it off every night; it had been off for 5+ hours. Do you find it creepy? Because I do. :'(

#3379 Old 08-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

Some of the threads on here are annoying me. I think I should stick to only reading the fun ones.

#3380 Old 08-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I have a flu, but I have to drag myself to school.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#3381 Old 08-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

No, I turn it off every night; it had been off for 5+ hours. Do you find it creepy? Because I do. :'(

I think we have ghosts
#3382 Old 08-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Crazy day at work. First we had a crazy lady yell at one of our servers and manager, then the lights went out after my big party's food order went in, then I spilled Caesar dressing all over my pants.
#3383 Old 08-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm SO tired of seeing nothing but videos posted all over VB. I see videos posted instead of commentary. If I wanted to watch videos, I'd spend all my time on YouTube. Can't anyone actually say what's on their mind instead of just posting videos?

*this space not for sale*
#3384 Old 08-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG somebody just posted "free frozen mallard ducks for dog hunting training" on freecycle!!! WTF!!
#3385 Old 08-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

I HATE when a table tells me how wonderful my service was and how they'll ask for me next time I'm there... then tip me 3%. Yes, 3%. I hope they never request me again, they were high maintenance. And how does one live to be 44 and not learn tipping etiquette? Seriously.
#3386 Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Veggie Regular

The guy I like didn't hit on me tonight.

Although he DID ask for my number. and we hung out alone before meeting up with our group from work.

So yeah. Maybe he didn't make a move because we were with other people. Plus I was drunk. So yeah I dunno. Sigh. I am just disappointed because I was hoping for something. I almost leaned over to kiss him at one point, but I was like no I will never hear the end of it from people if I do that here and now. So I didn't.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#3387 Old 08-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Blah my anxiety is skyrocketing today because of the storm. We only have a Tropical Storm Warning for tonight and tomorrow but I'm still freaking out about everyone else. I can't stop watching the news. This is horrible. So much damage and the deaths so far . The interstate here is insane with all the traffic with people evacuating. I don't understand the mindset of those who aren't listening and leaving their homes.
#3388 Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned

I've noticed a lot of people lately using the word "gauge" when they really mean "gouge." It always takes me awhile to figure out what they really mean, when they're going on about "price gauging."
#3389 Old 08-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

my husband is just grinding on my nerves

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#3390 Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Commercials for mascara that promises to make your lashes so long and thick you'll never need fake eyelashes...and then they have a picture of some gorgeous woman with big eyes who CLEARLY has fake lashes on. Yeah, I'm that stupid.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page