Wotsitcalled? - Page 7 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 83Likes

#181 Old 07-01-2017, 07:23 PM
person

yes - sword definitely sorcery a little.

My next clue is - adventure.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 07-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Impeach the gangster

Is the author British?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#183 Old 07-01-2017, 09:11 PM
person

No - American

next clue - Romance

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#184 Old 07-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Impeach the gangster

Was the film made in this century?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#185 Old 07-01-2017, 10:29 PM
person

No.

next clue: Comedy

#186 Old 07-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Impeach the gangster

Does it involve time-travel?

#187 Old 07-02-2017, 04:46 AM
person

No.

Clue: Buttercup

#188 Old 07-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Impeach the gangster

Oh. The Princess Bride.

#189 Old 07-02-2017, 06:31 PM
person

Yes

your turn

Last edited by BlueMts; 07-02-2017 at 06:45 PM.
#190 Old 07-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Impeach the gangster

Alrighty.

A movie. A peaceful man is coerced into military service and comes to be in charge of an unusual crew.

#191 Old 07-02-2017, 11:21 PM
person

Is the military service in the army?

#192 Old 07-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Impeach the gangster

No. Neither is it American.

#193 Old 07-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Impeach the gangster

Oh, and I should mention, his "crew" is not in the service, but are strictly volunteers.

#194 Old 07-03-2017, 12:54 AM
person

made in the 2oth century ?

#195 Old 07-03-2017, 12:54 AM
Impeach the gangster

Yep.

#196 Old 07-03-2017, 12:58 AM
person

set in the 20th century ?

#197 Old 07-03-2017, 02:13 AM
Impeach the gangster

Yep.

#198 Old 07-03-2017, 04:39 AM
person

set in america ?

#199 Old 07-03-2017, 07:08 AM
Impeach the gangster

No. See my above clue that the military service is not American. It has to do with the Royal Navy.

Last edited by Capstan; 07-03-2017 at 07:38 AM.
#200 Old 07-03-2017, 09:28 PM
person

does the crew "volunteer" because doing so will get them out of prison ?

#201 Old 07-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post
does the crew "volunteer" because doing so will get them out of prison ?
No. They do so because they're bored with their lessons.

#202 Old 07-03-2017, 09:47 PM
person

Is it The Sea Wolves ?

#203 Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Impeach the gangster

No. It's a comedy, a romance and has a bit of WWII war action.

#204 Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 PM
person

is it an English production ?

#205 Old 07-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Impeach the gangster

No, American. The two lead characters are American and French. Coincidentally, some of the secondary scenes are set at Kings Point, New South Wales.

#206 Old 07-04-2017, 01:01 AM
person

Well I haven't the faintest idea. Don't know anything that fits the criteria.
Never heard of Kings Point before - apparently there is one in the north and one in the south.

#207 Old 07-04-2017, 01:13 AM
Impeach the gangster

Hints- This was one of the last films for a very iconic actor, who was cast very much against type. He very much wanted Audrey Hepburn to play opposite him, but she was already committed to star in My Fair Lady. The actress who came to be cast was an Oscar winner, famous for her dancing. And the "crew" are school-children.

#208 Old 07-04-2017, 04:45 AM
person

Father Goose

If this is correct and it sounds like it is - I am Australian so the Royal Navy is not the same as the Royal Australian Navy but that is not why I found it so difficult. I have seen this movie on TV but so long ago and couldn't remember the plot, forgot about the children and that the woman was French. And of course it is older and younger than I was thinking about.

If it isn't Father Goose - well I'm done .You can't reasonably tell me any more except the name

Well done, good game either way.

Last edited by BlueMts; 07-04-2017 at 05:03 AM. Reason: the usual
#209 Old 07-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Impeach the gangster

Yes, Father Goose. I remember Trevor Howard referring to "His Majesty's Navy," so I assume it was British. But they were operating near Australia.

Your go, @BlueMts .

#210 Old 07-04-2017, 07:11 PM
person

LOL England thought they still owned us.

OK A movie. A psychological thriller based on a crime novel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page