Wotsitcalled? - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 83Likes

#91 Old 06-19-2017, 08:08 PM
person

Can Purp have a turn to fill in for me. I can't do this today. My brain is playing up.
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 06-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post
Can Purp have a turn to fill in for me. I can't do this today. My brain is playing up.
Sure.

It's a song about a city.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#93 Old 06-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Impeach the gangster

Is the city in the USA?
Purp likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 06-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Is the city in the USA?
Yes.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#95 Old 06-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Impeach the gangster

Is the city fictional?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#96 Old 06-20-2017, 04:33 PM

Was the song composed by George and Ira Gershwin?

Or, a bit more seriously:

New York, New York?
#97 Old 06-20-2017, 09:58 PM
person

San Fransisco ( be sure to wear some flowers in your hair )?

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk

Last edited by BlueMts; 06-20-2017 at 10:09 PM.
#98 Old 06-21-2017, 12:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Is the city fictional?
Nope. It's real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliondrach View Post
Was the song composed by George and Ira Gershwin?

Or, a bit more seriously:

New York, New York?
Nope. Further south and further west.

Quote:
San Fransisco ( be sure to wear some flowers in your hair )?
Nope. Further south and east.

#99 Old 06-21-2017, 01:05 AM
Impeach the gangster

By The Time I Get To Phoenix?

#100 Old 06-21-2017, 01:44 AM
person

Walking to New Orleans

#101 Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
By The Time I Get To Phoenix?

Quote:
Walking to New Orleans

HINT: @Capstan 's city is close to this city.

#102 Old 06-21-2017, 10:59 PM
Impeach the gangster

Mesa Town?
BlueMts likes this.

#103 Old 06-22-2017, 12:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Mesa Town?
Nope.

#104 Old 06-22-2017, 12:17 AM
person

El Paso
Purp likes this.

#105 Old 06-22-2017, 12:37 AM
person

Sedona ?

#106 Old 06-22-2017, 01:42 AM
Impeach the gangster

Is it by The Beatles?

#107 Old 06-22-2017, 02:01 AM
person

Quote:
Is it by The Beatles?
I was wondering that. It isn't specified that the city is in the title of the song.

#108 Old 06-22-2017, 02:03 AM
person

Is the name of the city in the title of the song ?

#109 Old 06-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Chicago?
#110 Old 06-22-2017, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
El Paso
YES!!

Quote:
Sedona ?
No

Quote:
Is it by The Beatles?
No

Quote:
I was wondering that. It isn't specified that the city is in the title of the song.
Quote:
Is the name of the city in the title of the song ?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliondrach View Post
Chicago?
No.

It's Marty Robbins El Paso. You got it, @BlueMts
BlueMts likes this.

#111 Old 06-22-2017, 09:47 PM
person

I love that song. That's why I picked it. I found it in my uncles record collection when I was really young (that's why I know a bit about 50s and early 60s music). He made a tape of it for me and I drove my father crazy playing it over and over so he bought head phones for me so I could listen to it with out bothering him LOL. Thanks Purp
Purp likes this.

Last edited by BlueMts; 06-22-2017 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling
#112 Old 06-22-2017, 09:54 PM
person

OK

It is a movie, Science Fiction. It is a prequel to other well known SiFi movies.
Purp likes this.

#113 Old 06-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Impeach the gangster

Does the word, Star, appear in its title?
BlueMts likes this.

#114 Old 06-23-2017, 08:47 PM
person

Very good question.

No.
Capstan likes this.

#115 Old 06-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Impeach the gangster

Is it, Prometheus?
BlueMts likes this.

#116 Old 06-23-2017, 10:47 PM
person

Yes. You got it (perfect question)

Your go.

#117 Old 06-24-2017, 01:20 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Yes. You got it (perfect question)

Your go.
It's been said, it was a prequel to the Alien films.

OK.

A movie. A young woman, when her husband is murdered, finds romance with an older man.

#118 Old 06-24-2017, 03:08 AM
person

Is it American?

#119 Old 06-24-2017, 03:25 AM
person

Is it Cleopatra ?

#120 Old 06-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Is it American?
It's a French and Canadian production that is set in the USA.

Quote:
Is it Cleopatra ?
No.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page