Wotsitcalled? - Page 12 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 83Likes

#331 Old 07-17-2017, 07:40 AM
Impeach the gangster

Is it Norse in origin?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 Old 07-17-2017, 06:30 PM
person

Yes.

I was going to leave a clue but I don't think you need one.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#333 Old 07-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Impeach the gangster

Thor?
BlueMts likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#334 Old 07-17-2017, 08:58 PM
person

good guess but no.

clue: Alas poor Yoric you were written 800 yrs too late to be in this poetic tale.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#335 Old 07-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Impeach the gangster

Beowulf?

#336 Old 07-17-2017, 09:57 PM
person

Yes

#337 Old 07-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Impeach the gangster

Very well.

A song from a Broadway musical. The lyrics were written for the show, but the music is classical in origin.

#338 Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 PM
person

lots to choose from. Is the musical a late 20thC one ?

#339 Old 07-18-2017, 03:08 AM
person

Is the original music by Puccini ?

#340 Old 07-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post
lots to choose from. Is the musical a late 20thC one ?
More mid-century.

Quote:
Is the original music by Puccini ?
No, from a cooler climate.

#341 Old 07-18-2017, 07:17 PM
person

what about Edvard Grieg

#342 Old 07-18-2017, 08:04 PM
Impeach the gangster

No, more toward the east.

#343 Old 07-18-2017, 09:41 PM
person

How about Strangers in Paradise (from Kismet) music (Polovtsian Dances) "borrowed" from Russian (further east) composer Alexander Borodin ?

#344 Old 07-18-2017, 09:44 PM
Impeach the gangster

Perfect! Very well done. Your go.

#345 Old 07-18-2017, 11:52 PM
person

Thank you
Sorry about the delay. Had to do the floors.

OK, Movie. Science fiction action.
Purp likes this.

#346 Old 07-18-2017, 11:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Thank you
Sorry about the delay. Had to do the floors.

OK, Movie. Science fiction action.
Star wars?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#347 Old 07-19-2017, 12:35 AM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Star wars?
No. none of them.

Sorry for the delay in answering M-I-L rang.
Purp likes this.

#348 Old 07-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Impeach the gangster

Was it made in the 21st-century?
Purp likes this.

#349 Old 07-19-2017, 05:12 PM
person

No.
Purp likes this.

#350 Old 07-19-2017, 05:54 PM
Impeach the gangster

Is it a stand alone, one-of-a-kind movie, as opposed to being part of a series?
Purp likes this.

#351 Old 07-19-2017, 10:59 PM
person

yes.
Purp likes this.

#352 Old 07-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Is it Spaceballs?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#353 Old 07-20-2017, 12:00 AM
person

Stand alone not series. It has a few very funny moments but it is mostly action with a bit of love interest.
Purp likes this.

#354 Old 07-20-2017, 12:57 AM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Is it Spaceballs?
Sorry I did it again. I forget to press the submit key

No it isn't Spaceballs.
Purp likes this.

#355 Old 07-20-2017, 06:56 AM
Impeach the gangster

Does it involve space travel?
Purp likes this.

#356 Old 07-20-2017, 06:28 PM
person

Some. Space travel is not a big deal in this scenario - it is just like flying a taxi.
Purp likes this.

#357 Old 07-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Impeach the gangster

Does any of it take place on Earth?
Purp likes this.

#358 Old 07-20-2017, 09:52 PM
person

On Earth, then in space, then on Earth, then back into space then finishes on Earth.
Purp likes this.

Last edited by BlueMts; 07-20-2017 at 09:55 PM. Reason: I hope thats all the moves.
#359 Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Impeach the gangster

Are there any planets, other than earth, involved?

#360 Old 07-21-2017, 08:03 PM
person

There are aliens but not on their own planets. There is a hotel, where much of the action takes place, orbiting another planet.

Last edited by BlueMts; 07-21-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page