Wotsitcalled? - Page 11 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 83Likes

#301 Old 07-12-2017, 09:06 PM
person

Shane ?

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 Old 07-12-2017, 09:12 PM
person

ignore this. the forum is misbehaving for me today.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#303 Old 07-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Impeach the gangster

Nor Shane. It's set mostly in a ghost town.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#304 Old 07-12-2017, 09:39 PM
person

I was going to say The Magnificent Seven but now I doubt it.

#305 Old 07-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Impeach the gangster

It pre-dates M7 by quite a few years, was filmed partly in Death Valley and has a colorful, 2-word title.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#306 Old 07-12-2017, 10:16 PM
person

Yellow Sky ?

#307 Old 07-13-2017, 06:37 AM
Impeach the gangster

Yes. Very good!

#308 Old 07-13-2017, 06:14 PM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Yes. Very good!
Very good clue

#309 Old 07-13-2017, 06:18 PM
person

I think a book this time.

Classic literature. Banned in Britain in 1915. Has had a movie based on it.

#310 Old 07-13-2017, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Ulysses?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#311 Old 07-13-2017, 11:28 PM
Impeach the gangster

The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence?

#312 Old 07-13-2017, 11:43 PM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Ulysses?
No.

#313 Old 07-13-2017, 11:45 PM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence?
Yup. Well done.

It was the ban wasn't it.

Your go.

#314 Old 07-14-2017, 12:53 AM
Impeach the gangster

Yes, it was the 1915 ban that gave it away.

OK.

A movie. Action/comedy. The FBI, the Mob and independent contractors pursue a mathematician.

#315 Old 07-14-2017, 01:48 AM
person

is it made after 2000

#316 Old 07-14-2017, 01:57 AM
person

Under New Management ?

#317 Old 07-14-2017, 02:20 AM
Impeach the gangster

No and no. Action takes place in NYC, Chicago, Amarillo, Sedona, Las Vegas, and LA, among other places.

#318 Old 07-14-2017, 04:14 AM
person

was it made in the 1919s ?

#319 Old 07-14-2017, 04:49 AM
Impeach the gangster

1980s.

#320 Old 07-14-2017, 07:15 PM
person

obviously that should not have been 1919s

#321 Old 07-14-2017, 09:11 PM
person

Midnight Run ?

#322 Old 07-15-2017, 03:02 AM
Impeach the gangster

Yes.

#323 Old 07-15-2017, 06:01 PM
person

Movie: action (of sorts) based on a traditional tale from Europe.
Purp likes this.

#324 Old 07-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post
Movie: action (of sorts) based on a traditional tale from Europe.
Is it from the 1960's?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#325 Old 07-16-2017, 12:18 AM
person

Sorry for the delay - I must have forgotten to hit the post button.

Answer
No. 200* (21stC)
Purp likes this.

#326 Old 07-16-2017, 05:29 AM
Impeach the gangster

Is it based on Arthurian legend?
Purp likes this.

#327 Old 07-16-2017, 05:15 PM
person

No.

Set in the same period.
Purp likes this.

#328 Old 07-17-2017, 04:34 AM
Impeach the gangster

Is it from the Canterbury Tales?
BlueMts likes this.

#329 Old 07-17-2017, 05:34 AM
person

No. It is set in a different part of Europe.

#330 Old 07-17-2017, 06:24 AM
person

It is an heroic tale which in typical fashion for the times ends badly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page