• 1 Post By Purp
  • 1 Post By MadamSarcastra
  • 1 Post By MadamSarcastra
  • 2 Post By Tom

#1 Old 11-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Send a message via Yahoo to MadamSarcastra
Lightbulb Name that plant!!

Seriously, I need a name for my avocado. Yes, I have an avocado plant. Didn't even try to sprout it.... made guacamole, two pits had stab-marks from removing them from the fruit with a knife, I rinsed 'em & just tossed 'em in a little plastic tub with a tiny bit of water.... Who'da thunk?? Both went crazy & soon got planted in pots. (My best friend has the sibling.) Each plant had to have the top hacked off because they were getting way too tall.... and they shall remain fruitless indoor plants. (Hey, it's Michigan. LMAO)

Anyhoo, I'd love to see suggestions for a name! The winner gets to be the unofficial fairy-godperson. LOL

Thanks, kids!
Tom likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ MadamSarcastra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Chuck Norris

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#3 Old 11-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Chuck Norris
LMFAO Absolutely not.
Purp likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ MadamSarcastra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Poopie plant?

When I was little we'd get avocados once a year. I loved trying new foods, and first liked how they tasted, with salt and lemon. Then I got a tummy ache. It got worse and worser- and I puked. Now, my family never considered 'allergies'. We didn't have 'allergies', just coincidences.
Anyway, we grew many beautiful indoor trees with them. Every few years I'd buy an avocado to start another plant, but never again had any luck getting them to grow past a stem. Every time I'd eat some I'd get really, really sick and then puke.

But, I do remember how much I liked those plants and wish yours the best

Esp. since it won't reproduce!
Purp likes this.
#5 Old 11-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Pookie- like puke-y, but nicer
#6 Old 11-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Pookie- like puke-y, but nicer
The back-story makes it a little less cute.... Yikes. LMAO

~ MadamSarcastra
#7 Old 11-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Avi?
MadamSarcastra and Friend like this.
#8 Old 11-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Beginner

Castro -because avocado comes from the Spanish word aguacate, which comes from the Nahuatl (Aztec) word āhuacatl - meaning "testicle".

Castro - for castrated -because the plant will not produce testicles.
Purp and MadamSarcastra like this.

The symbol of the race ought to be a human being carrying an ax, for every human being has one concealed about him somewhere, and is always seeking the opportunity to grind it.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
#9 Old 11-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

That's funny.... (actually, I know about the testicle thing.... [my father is fluent in Spanish, taught it for 35 years, also studied intensively in Aztec & Mayan history].... and they were named as such because they always grew in pairs & one always hung lower. LOL... yeah, I read a lot, too)....

Avi
is a strong contender.... my buddy named his Artie.

And Castro! YAY! LMFAO!! I came up with the screen-name, MadamSarcastra, sooo many years ago.... not too long after seeing "The Tick" (animated, the only) and Sarcastro presented himself. (One of my additional gamer-pros is The Sarcastrator)

Keep 'em comin'! I love this!
Purp, LedBoots and Lipps like this.

~ MadamSarcastra

Last edited by MadamSarcastra; 11-07-2015 at 08:12 PM.
#10 Old 11-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quasimodo.
Purp, LedBoots and MadamSarcastra like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#11 Old 11-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Quasimodo.
Oh, come on! Don't curse my bitty little tree! LOL! Honestly, I have the WORST luck with plants.... I'm just thankful this one is still alive. I'll take a pic as soon as the new shoots open.
Purp likes this.

~ MadamSarcastra
#12 Old 11-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Mary Ellen Mark, in honor of the great photographer. She had great shoots in her day...That just sounded so wrong on so many levels...
Tom likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#13 Old 11-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Mary Ellen Mark, in honor of the great photographer. She had great shoots in her day...That just sounded so wrong on so many levels...
LOL! As much as I love a punny reference, I'd like to keep it gender-neutral. I have no way of ever knowing what it is or may be.
Purp likes this.

~ MadamSarcastra
#14 Old 11-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

There it be! You can see where I snipped the top off as well as the two side leaves.... I honestly haven't the foggiest clue what I'm doing, but look at it go!! It's about 16" tall at the moment (from top of pit).... very glad I snipped the top off when I did or that sucker would be past the top of the door frame by now. LMAO
Purp likes this.

~ MadamSarcastra
#15 Old 11-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I've never sprouted a pit and grown an avocado, although I've tried to. Good going, MadamSarcastra!

Names.... hmm...

I was going to suggest "Brad Pit" (ow!) but you wanted a gender-neutral name. I'm kinda stuck... I've never named a plant.
Capstan and Purp like this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page