VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Fun n' Games (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/58-fun-n-games/)
-   -   The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/58-fun-n-games/139524-stupid-little-gripes-pet-peeves-things-piss-you-off-general-rant-superthread-v-2-0-a.html)

Capstan 02-18-2013 01:04 PM

Another VB thread has reached the glorious 5000-post mark, and so spawns a brand-new, shiny and glittery version!

 

(Cue the frog:)

 

 

So here goes:

 

I hate it when a store stocks an item I become accustomed to buying from them, then suddenly, without warning, stops carrying it. Then, they promise to re-stock it, but never do!! Grrrrr....mad.gif


Fromper 02-18-2013 01:52 PM

I hate it when threads reach 5000 posts, get locked, and I have to go hunt for the new replacement thread, especially when I don't remember which subforum it's in, and the person who locked the old one didn't even provide a link. tongue3.gif

--Fromper
juggle.gif

Capstan 02-18-2013 01:59 PM

Link? Link?? What's that? dunce.gif


danakscully64 02-18-2013 08:16 PM

Burn!! tongue3.gif

 

 

My gripe is I have kitty scratches all over my shoulder. They hurt. But I love my kitty so much!!!


Capstan 02-18-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Burn!! tongue3.gif

 

 

My gripe is I have kitty scratches all over my shoulder. They hurt. But I love my kitty so much!!!

 

You got your kitty??


danakscully64 02-18-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

 

You got your kitty??


I got my kitty! I brought her home last night. She's spending most of her time in her carrier, but she's warming up to my home. Sweet Pea can't stop licking her, she's totally in love.


Capstan 02-18-2013 09:06 PM

Aw, that's great! I'm happy for you! Name?


danakscully64 02-18-2013 10:19 PM

Emma. I just posted a picture in the Slut thread!


Crystal Lotus 02-20-2013 04:36 PM

The way animal carcass adverts pop up on this website all the time for me. There's a bunch of steaks staring at me right now. What's that all about? I thought Internet browsing ad stuff was smarter than that, and based on what products you would be looking at online elsewhere? I'm obviously not looking up animal products like ever...


krispex22 02-28-2013 06:33 PM

Pet peeve

my bf always wanders into the kitchen and turns the light on and than wanders out and forgets to turn the light off.

sometimes i get up and turn the light off and next thing i know the freakin lights back on.


Tom 03-02-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Burn!! tongue3.gif

 

 

My gripe is I have kitty scratches all over my shoulder. They hurt. But I love my kitty so much!!!

Wait until she starts doing that kneading/acupuncture thing on your stomach. Do you have some expendable (old and already kind of shredded) heavy sweater or other clothing you could use when the two of you are snuggling? (I hope she was just snuggling with you)

 

My gripe is just a minor one: I love science fiction, but why does it to be so violent most of the time? I borrowed "Prometheus", the "Alien" prequel, from the library this week, and I sort of knew what to expect since I saw "Alien". It didn't bother me (as the news often does) because it wasn't real, but I prefer films with more of a sense of adventure and wonder... like "E.T.", for example, or maybe "Starman" (which I haven't seen yet).

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Lotus View Post

The way animal carcass adverts pop up on this website all the time for me. There's a bunch of steaks staring at me right now. What's that all about? I thought Internet browsing ad stuff was smarter than that, and based on what products you would be looking at online elsewhere? I'm obviously not looking up animal products like ever...

 

People have noticed that before. I think the advertisement software/browser (NOT VB's) picks up on things in people's posts and selects ads based on that.


danakscully64 03-02-2013 12:07 PM

She only claws me when she freaks out and I'm holding her. When we're cuddling, she doesn't kneed me. She kneeds the blanket on the couch instead, which is awesome.


Fromper 03-04-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

My gripe is just a minor one: I love science fiction, but why does it to be so violent most of the time? I borrowed "Prometheus", the "Alien" prequel, from the library this week, and I sort of knew what to expect since I saw "Alien". It didn't bother me (as the news often does) because it wasn't real, but I prefer films with more of a sense of adventure and wonder... like "E.T.", for example, or maybe "Starman" (which I haven't seen yet).
You should definitely see Starman. Good movie, and exactly the type of thing it sounds like you'll like.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

krispex22 03-04-2013 04:17 PM

my gripes is that my dad told me i have to invite him and my grandfather over to my house(that doesnt bother me except for the fact that he didnt ask, he told me i HAVE to) and then he proceeded to tell me i HAVE to serve something with meat. 

me: dad you can eat one meal with out meat in it. alex (bf) eats meatless meals all time, voluntarily. 

dad: if it doesnt have meat it in than its not worth eating

me: seriously you could eat spaghetti or something with out meat

dad: no you have to put meat in it. you can make a pan of lasagna or something and put meat in it and leave the end without meat.

me: what ever dad i gotta go

ugh that makes me so mad. when i go to his house i bring my own food. i dont ever ask him to make me special food. even on holidays i either bring my own food or just eat vegetables. and mind you my dad could eat a few meatless meals. the man could stand to lose a few pounds. hes pushing over 300 pounds. he just aggrivates me so much. he cant even eat a pizza without meat on it. he would rather pay an extra 8 dollars for toppings than just eat cheese. and when ever he makes breakfast he has to eat breakfast meat. 

i go to visit him once a week and i brought a salad the other week for both of us to eat with all kinds of toppings, tomatoes, cucumbers, croutons, hardboiled eggs for him, and some other toppings. he cooked a piece of chicken to put on it.... really

people like that are so annoying.


nothingtosee 03-05-2013 05:26 PM

What is currently driving me bonkers is how my friends are all too busy to do anything, then complain about how busy they are, and when I suggest some things that I've done to simplify and get happier, they agree that it's a good idea and then keep complaining.  Gah.


etherea 03-09-2013 06:07 AM

I hate when I get excited to find a web site that I might enjoy and become a valuable member of, just to find that when I try to do anything once I'm signed in it all goes to hell.You know, try to upload a photo, write a profile or anything really and it just sits and stares at me giving it  "**** off you idiot". Oh, being new here I should have checked the "cursing or not" part of any rules and regs. ;)


etherea 03-09-2013 06:08 AM

Oh well thats that cleared up - post appeared with the substitute stars! Cool!


krispex22 03-12-2013 05:01 AM

I live next to a somewhat busy road and people keep throwing trash in my yard. I know that accidents happen and stuff can blow out a window, it's happened to me once with a plastic bag, but I also know a$$holes do it on purpose to. I'm always finding mcdonalds bags in my yard. And other McDonald's parapheneila. If you don't want the trash in your car what makes you think that I want to pick it up out of my yard? Maybe these fat a$$es should stop eating at mcds anyways.
And I just went out yesterday and picked up all of the crap and there's already a mcds cup in my front yard.

Ron Albury 03-13-2013 05:08 AM

A little Hump Day humor....smiley.gif

 

*


Ron Albury 03-13-2013 08:14 AM

Being new to VB, this morning I had time to peruse several threads. There was a comment regarding Not Liking Asian food that stood out and thought to myself - people just don't know the origins of food not to mention it's preparartions.

 

Example pasta, Introduced to Italy by Marco Polo in the 12th century after his excursions to Asia. Then there's pizza and no it's not really Italian. In fact it's American, introduced in the last 50s - early 60s at the Chicago World's Fair. Many Food Historians think it's a variation of baked bread doust in olive oil found in coastline fishing villages in Italy.

 

It all boils down to how it's packaged and marketed here in the US. We tend to believe all that is written on the labels. Lord knows there is a lot of garbage that is omitted, renamed or numbers rounded off in favor of targeting the intended purchaser(s). And sadly the following photo depicts results of our knowledge, not to mention eating habits.

 

 

Quite a difference isn't it. Soooo you don't like Asian food. Pass me the steamed veggies would you?


cherries 03-13-2013 10:46 AM

Some of the people at the gym who like to stick their noses in my business.


krispex22 03-14-2013 05:37 PM

i hate how in movie in tv shows meat and hunting is glamorized and people think its so cool and macho and meat eating is such a big part of everyones life, but vegetarians are portrayed as weird freaky creepy weirdo hippies. and theres nothing wrong with hippies but were not all pot smoking crazy weirdos. i dont walk around in bohemian skirts and twirl my hands in the air when i walk. but thats how they portray us. i really dont like when theres a vegetarian character in a movie/show. but hunting is totally ok and eating a big juicy steak is perfectly acceppable. these people arent portrayed as psycho serial killers or something, which i think would be the opposite of a peace loving pot smoking hippy.


krispex22 04-02-2013 06:33 AM

i was watching teen mom 2. i dont know how many of you follow the show but hte one girl jenelle is a lose cannon and she fights with everyone and shes bipolar or whatever. well on the show her boyfriend and her got in a huge fight and he walked out and then the next day they made up and he bought her a puppy!!!

a freaking puppy come on you idiots. they ended up getting in another fight that night and broke up and both got taken to jail and restraining orders on one another. i dont care about any of that. my concern is whats going to happen to the puppy? they propbably wont show anything about it on the show.

as i said idk how many of you follow the show but this girl cant even take care of her own kid. she cant even babysit him one day a week when her mom (who has custody of the kid) has to work. 

and she gets a puppy from her lose cannon boyfriend. why dont people understand a puppy is not like a bouquet of flowers. its a living breathing being that has needs. yes flowers are alive to but not after you cut them. this show just really made me mad. i want to know whats going to happen to this little innocent life that was brought in to these two idiots lives. and to top it off its a pit bull so if that dumbass decides to get rid of shell have to take it to pound because probably no one will take it for her.

IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!


danakscully64 04-04-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Albury View Post

Being new to VB, this morning I had time to peruse several threads. There was a comment regarding Not Liking Asian food that stood out and thought to myself - people just don't know the origins of food not to mention it's preparartions.

 

Example pasta, Introduced to Italy by Marco Polo in the 12th century after his excursions to Asia. Then there's pizza and no it's not really Italian. In fact it's American, introduced in the last 50s - early 60s at the Chicago World's Fair. Many Food Historians think it's a variation of baked bread doust in olive oil found in coastline fishing villages in Italy.

 

It all boils down to how it's packaged and marketed here in the US. We tend to believe all that is written on the labels. Lord knows there is a lot of garbage that is omitted, renamed or numbers rounded off in favor of targeting the intended purchaser(s). And sadly the following photo depicts results of our knowledge, not to mention eating habits.

 

 

Quite a difference isn't it. Soooo you don't like Asian food. Pass me the steamed veggies would you?

I love Asian food lick.gif

 

The picture isn't an accurate portrayal of their group though. The woman in the picture from Japan wears heavy makeup. I've seen her without it and she still looks younger than she is, but she's definitely not the average. I don't think June represents the average American either. I have a sister who's 35 who looks WAY better than her. In general, the average American diet sucks, but we're not all fat.


Fromper 04-10-2013 11:39 AM

I'm tired. One bad day of not getting enough sleep early in a week, and I never have time to get extra sleep to make up for it until the weekend, so I end up walking around like a zombie all week. I'd consider calling in sick to work, but I'm actually down to negative personal time available, because I'm still fairly new to the job and already took 5 days off this year. I may have to just take a sleeping pill right after dinner tonight to force myself to go to bed early.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

danakscully64 04-10-2013 02:40 PM

My life has been full of ups and downs (mostly downs) lately. I really want to be happy again.


Fromper 04-11-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

My life has been full of ups and downs (mostly downs) lately. I really want to be happy again.
hug.gif
Sorry things aren't going well for you. Hopefully, it'll get better soon.

Going back to my own last post in this thread, I actually did what I said I would last night and took a sleeping pill right after dinner last night. So I was in bed at 6:45 PM. It took a little bit to fall asleep, but I slept for most of the next 12 hours, which is what I needed to make up for the lack of sleep earlier in the week. Unfortunately, I'm still in "do not operate heavy machinary" mode this morning, even after 12 hours of sleep and 3 hours of being awake. That's why I hate doing sleeping pills unless I really have to. They always leave me kinda out of it. I'm hoping within a few hours it'll wear off, and I'll be wide awake for the first time in 3 days. Then I just need to go back to sleeping normally tonight, at least in theory.

Insomnia sucks.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

etherea 04-11-2013 08:34 AM

I really hate when my partner  pokes me in the ribs as a "joke" and then when I retaliate  he acts all wounded - chicken****! I owe him 2 right now and just love the way he flinches every time that I get within striking distance. I will wait until he relaxes a bit and then.................... :D


krispex22 04-12-2013 05:19 PM

I joined a home improvement forum and the people there don like me either. I already got yelled at:(

Capstan 04-12-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherea View Post

I really hate when my partner  pokes me in the ribs as a "joke" and then when I retaliate  he acts all wounded - chicken****! I owe him 2 right now and just love the way he flinches every time that I get within striking distance. I will wait until he relaxes a bit and then.................... :D

 

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." -Klingon Proverb tongue3.gif



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.