The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 8 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 880Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#211 Old 03-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Aristede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Good luck, kyr!

My annoyance for the day: My shirt is too tight. Not sure how this happened. I think it means I need to go on a diet. My other shirts aren't tight, though, and I thought they were all the same size, but I guess not.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

 

Maybe it shrunk in the wash? 

 

Aristede:book:


"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Aristede is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#212 Old 03-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular
 
krispex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pa, usa
Posts: 961
The elevator at the 3 floor nursing home that i work at broke on thursday and wont be back up and running til this coming thursday at the earliest, so for the past 4 days all ive done is run stuff up and down the steps for 8 hours a day and i will be continuing to do so until the elevator gets fixed.
Im so exhausted and my saving grace was know that the season finale of the walking dead comes on tonight... But not for me bc where i live its freaking snowing!!!! When it rains or snows really heavily our freaking satellite goes out so that means NO walking dead for me unless it slows up by 9:00.
Also opening day of baseball starts tomorrow for the baltimore orioles, my saving grace to the walking dead being over after tonight. Well i live right near baltimore and its freaking snowing there to. I dont know what they do when it snows on a baseball field. Is the game going to be postponed? Ugh why cant one little thing just go right.
krispex22 is offline  
#213 Old 03-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Aristede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 3,897

krispex22, it gets better. Just wait. 

 

Aristede:book:


"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Aristede is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#214 Old 03-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular
 
Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,660
My pet peeve is when I find a product I like at a brick-and-mortar store, then use it, then go back to get more, and it's not available anymore.

Case in point: I like Oxydol powdered laundry detergent, and it was recommended to me. Can't find it in the stores anymore. mad.gif
Joe is offline  
#215 Old 03-31-2014, 07:24 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Fromper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 7,014
I was VERY sick Thursday, recovering Friday and Saturday, and back to feeling normal Sunday. So of course, just as I'm waking up and getting ready for work Monday morning, my stomach is gurgling again and giving me problems. Nowhere near as bad as it was, and I'm not vomiting or nauseous like Thursday, but just enough to be annoying. I took some Pebto Bismal (or however it's spelled), and ate some toast, and I think I'll be ok. Just annoying that I can't seem to fully recover from this thing.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
Fromper is offline  
#216 Old 03-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

The elevator at the 3 floor nursing home that i work at broke on thursday and wont be back up and running til this coming thursday at the earliest, so for the past 4 days all ive done is run stuff up and down the steps for 8 hours a day and i will be continuing to do so until the elevator gets fixed.
Im so exhausted and my saving grace was know that the season finale of the walking dead comes on tonight... But not for me bc where i live its freaking snowing!!!! When it rains or snows really heavily our freaking satellite goes out so that means NO walking dead for me unless it slows up by 9:00.
Also opening day of baseball starts tomorrow for the baltimore orioles, my saving grace to the walking dead being over after tonight. Well i live right near baltimore and its freaking snowing there to. I dont know what they do when it snows on a baseball field. Is the game going to be postponed? Ugh why cant one little thing just go right.

You got your miles in, that's a good thing. I never took the elevator when I worked in a nursing home, unless I had to. (I'm not wheelchair bound, therefore don't need it).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I was VERY sick Thursday, recovering Friday and Saturday, and back to feeling normal Sunday. So of course, just as I'm waking up and getting ready for work Monday morning, my stomach is gurgling again and giving me problems. Nowhere near as bad as it was, and I'm not vomiting or nauseous like Thursday, but just enough to be annoying. I took some Pebto Bismal (or however it's spelled), and ate some toast, and I think I'll be ok. Just annoying that I can't seem to fully recover from this thing.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

I use Peppy~Dismal, too. I just hope you are feeling much better.


Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#217 Old 04-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Unschooling Vegan Mama
 
hudleree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Earth <3
Posts: 87

This is far from "stupid" and "little" but I'm just so peeved.  My work is closing down my department if we don't get our numbers up by the end of April, but the numbers they want us to have are literally unattainable and they know that.  For every 100 leads we get in, we should be able to book appointments for 35 of them.  We average about 30 leads per week, but they want us to set 40 appointments.  Even if we had 100% of leads turn into appointments we still couldn't get the numbers they want!  And this all started because someone in our building went to the general manager and said we "never work" and "just chit chat with the body shop."  Literally the only times we see the girl from the body shop are first thing in the morning for about 15 seconds when she hands us our paperwork from the printer, 10 seconds for her to go into our bathroom to change clothes to head to the gym, 10 more seconds for her coming out and going to the gym, and less than a minute at the end of the day when she says bye before going home.  And those aren't underestimates, it's seriously seconds at a time, no time to sit there and not do my work because of talking.  The only time we have legit conversations with her is when we are all on lunch.

My boss has already told us to be prepared for finding a different job because we're likely done at the end of April.  I'm just so angry, all of this over something that isn't even true.  Last month was the best month we have had in three years.  Last month 90% of the cars sold at the dealership were from appointments our department set.  My personal numbers last month were MORE than what they should have been...with the amount of leads I got I should have set 40 appointments (per MONTH not week like they want now!), had 25 show, and had 15 sell.  I set 45, had 44 show (almost 100% is UNHEARD OF), and sold 21.

Gah I'm so mad!!  I'm such a calm and carefree person, I hate being mad...but this is how I take care of my family!  I'm the main breadwinner!!

hudleree is offline  
#218 Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular
 
krispex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pa, usa
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

You got your miles in, that's a good thing. I never took the elevator when I worked in a nursing home, unless I had to. (I'm not wheelchair bound, therefore don't need it).


I shouldve mentioned that i work in the kitchen, so my duties include making sure that all 150 residents get there food. So weve had to carry hot and cold food up the steps, along with plates, trays, silverware, cups, drinks etc... And then bring it all back down. I dont use the elevator because im lazy. I use it because its really pretty necessary to do my job in a timely manner.
I will say though i have gotten a good cardio workout.
Purp likes this.
krispex22 is offline  
#219 Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post


I shouldve mentioned that i work in the kitchen, so my duties include making sure that all 150 residents get there food. So weve had to carry hot and cold food up the steps, along with plates, trays, silverware, cups, drinks etc... And then bring it all back down. I dont use the elevator because im lazy. I use it because its really pretty necessary to do my job in a timely manner.
I will say though i have gotten a good cardio workout.


Ah, a job I know well. You still got a good workout in, carrying all that food. Both upper body and lower body, as well as cardio.


Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#220 Old 04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudleree View Post
 

This is far from "stupid" and "little" but I'm just so peeved.  My work is closing down my department if we don't get our numbers up by the end of April, but the numbers they want us to have are literally unattainable and they know that.  For every 100 leads we get in, we should be able to book appointments for 35 of them.  We average about 30 leads per week, but they want us to set 40 appointments.  Even if we had 100% of leads turn into appointments we still couldn't get the numbers they want!  And this all started because someone in our building went to the general manager and said we "never work" and "just chit chat with the body shop."  Literally the only times we see the girl from the body shop are first thing in the morning for about 15 seconds when she hands us our paperwork from the printer, 10 seconds for her to go into our bathroom to change clothes to head to the gym, 10 more seconds for her coming out and going to the gym, and less than a minute at the end of the day when she says bye before going home.  And those aren't underestimates, it's seriously seconds at a time, no time to sit there and not do my work because of talking.  The only time we have legit conversations with her is when we are all on lunch.

My boss has already told us to be prepared for finding a different job because we're likely done at the end of April.  I'm just so angry, all of this over something that isn't even true.  Last month was the best month we have had in three years.  Last month 90% of the cars sold at the dealership were from appointments our department set.  My personal numbers last month were MORE than what they should have been...with the amount of leads I got I should have set 40 appointments (per MONTH not week like they want now!), had 25 show, and had 15 sell.  I set 45, had 44 show (almost 100% is UNHEARD OF), and sold 21.

Gah I'm so mad!!  I'm such a calm and carefree person, I hate being mad...but this is how I take care of my family!  I'm the main breadwinner!!


Please don't let us know if you find out who did this. I don't want to be called into court as an accessory before the fact.


Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#221 Old 04-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
 
Werewolf Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudleree View Post

This is far from "stupid" and "little" but I'm just so peeved.  My work is closing down my department if we don't get our numbers up by the end of April, but the numbers they want us to have are literally unattainable and they know that.  For every 100 leads we get in, we should be able to book appointments for 35 of them.  We average about 30 leads per week, but they want us to set 40 appointments.  Even if we had 100% of leads turn into appointments we still couldn't get the numbers they want!  And this all started because someone in our building went to the general manager and said we "never work" and "just chit chat with the body shop."  Literally the only times we see the girl from the body shop are first thing in the morning for about 15 seconds when she hands us our paperwork from the printer, 10 seconds for her to go into our bathroom to change clothes to head to the gym, 10 more seconds for her coming out and going to the gym, and less than a minute at the end of the day when she says bye before going home.  And those aren't underestimates, it's seriously seconds at a time, no time to sit there and not do my work because of talking.  The only time we have legit conversations with her is when we are all on lunch.


My boss has already told us to be prepared for finding a different job because we're likely done at the end of April.  I'm just so angry, all of this over something that isn't even true.  Last month was the best month we have had in three years.  Last month 90% of the cars sold at the dealership were from appointments our department set.  My personal numbers last month were MORE than what they should have been...with the amount of leads I got I should have set 40 appointments (per MONTH not week like they want now!), had 25 show, and had 15 sell.  I set 45, had 44 show (almost 100% is UNHEARD OF), and sold 21.


Gah I'm so mad!!  I'm such a calm and carefree person, I hate being mad...but this is how I take care of my family!  I'm the main breadwinner!!

That is SO unfair, I'm so sorry. I'd be really mad too. I hope you are able to find a far better job that treats you better quickly. hug.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Werewolf Girl is offline  
#222 Old 04-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Unschooling Vegan Mama
 
hudleree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Earth <3
Posts: 87

Yea sadly we have no idea who said something to upper management, but it's now affecting more jobs than just ours because now we're having to be selective of who we give our appointments to and that is making everyone angry that they aren't on "the list."  The whole thing is an absolute train wreck.  I mean seriously we are supposed to set 40 appointments by Saturday.  Right now I've set 7 and she has set 2...we're not even a quarter of the way there.


I started looking for other jobs, we'll see what life has in store for me I guess.

hudleree is offline  
#223 Old 04-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudleree View Post
 

Yea sadly we have no idea who said something to upper management, but it's now affecting more jobs than just ours because now we're having to be selective of who we give our appointments to and that is making everyone angry that they aren't on "the list."  The whole thing is an absolute train wreck.  I mean seriously we are supposed to set 40 appointments by Saturday.  Right now I've set 7 and she has set 2...we're not even a quarter of the way there.


I started looking for other jobs, we'll see what life has in store for me I guess.


Good luck with everything.


Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#224 Old 04-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Fromper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 7,014
Today is just really dragging. I feel like I've been at work for a whole day already, but I've still got 3 hours to go.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
Fromper is offline  
#225 Old 04-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular
 
krispex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pa, usa
Posts: 961
So i was at a resturaunt with a group of people and i ordered a cheese quesadilla. I clearly said CHEESE quesadilla. At many resturaunts including the one i was at they charge extra for chicken, steak etc in a quesadilla and even in the menu it said CHEESE QUESSADILLA, chicken, steak 3.00 extra.
So our food comes and he put my quesadilla in front of me and i looked at it and there was clearly chicken sticking out of the sides and i asked is this chicken in here and he said yes. So i sent it back. He came back with another quesadilla and sat it down and said sorry they handed me the wrong one in the kitchen. Ok mistakes happen. So i open it up just to be sure because i dont trust anyone. The first slice i ate was fine. I opened up the 2nd slice because in the first one all of he cheese was pushed towards the middle so i wanted to spread it around. There were 2 chunks of chicken in it. 😡I opened the other 2 slices and saw about 5 more. They were really small but they were there.
Im pretty sure they just took my first one back and picked the chicken out.
Needless to say i called kenny our waiter back over and he removed my plate. He asked if i wanted something else. I wouldnt have trusted them to bring me something else. I told them i will not be paying for that. The manager came out than and asked if i wanted something else but i felt so gross i didnt want him to make me anything either. Theres a small chance i might have eaten a small piece of chicken in the first slice that i couldnt see. I shouldve tried to get my husbands meal for free to. It was only 11.00.
Ugh so frustrating.
krispex22 is offline  
#226 Old 04-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular
 
krispex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pa, usa
Posts: 961
I also want to point out tht i am not a rude person. I understand that mistakes happen. When the first quesadilla came out with chicken i wasnt rude but after i sent it back and i pretty much got the same quesadilla people saw a side of kristin that doesnt come out to often. Even my husband said i cant believe you stuck up for yourself.
krispex22 is offline  
#227 Old 04-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Veggie Regular
 
krispex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pa, usa
Posts: 961
I work in a nursing home and some woman brought in baby bunnies and was giving them away??? Heres whats wrong with this
Number one residents cant just keep bunnies in there rooms.
Number 2 staff cant just keep them while there working
Number 3 bunnies arent just an easter pet. There a til they die pet which could be years.
You also have to have a cage and food and appropriate living stuff for the bunny. THERE LIVE ANIMALS!!!
Number 4 im a little concerned what this stupid lady plans on doing with the bunnies that she doesnt find a home for.

Why are people so stupid
huh.gifmad.gif
krispex22 is offline  
#228 Old 04-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
 
silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

I work in a nursing home and some woman brought in baby bunnies and was giving them away??? Heres whats wrong with this
Number one residents cant just keep bunnies in there rooms.
Number 2 staff cant just keep them while there working
Number 3 bunnies arent just an easter pet. There a til they die pet which could be years.
You also have to have a cage and food and appropriate living stuff for the bunny. THERE LIVE ANIMALS!!!
Number 4 im a little concerned what this stupid lady plans on doing with the bunnies that she doesnt find a home for.

Why are people so stupid
huh.gifmad.gif

Didn't anyone stop her? I can't believe they'd even let her stay-for one thing rabbits are really bad for allergies! That was what caused my first asthma attack, and I had to go to an ER.

When my mother first went in nursing home for rehab we had to get permission to bring in a cat for a visit. They had to really look into it before approving the visit.

 

 :mad: She'll probably drop them on the overworked rescues.


Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
silva is offline  
#229 Old 04-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator
 
Werewolf Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 16,664
I managed to burn my upper thigh with boiling water when I was making tea, it's not bad enough to need to go to the emergency room thankfully but I do have a bunch of blisters and peeled skin there now. Luckily the aspirin seems to be working and I disinfected it so I'm not in too much pain but still it sucks. I don't think I'm going to be able to wear pants for a few days so it's a good thing I don't have to go anywhere.... undecided.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Werewolf Girl is offline  
#230 Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Fromper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 7,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

I work in a nursing home and some woman brought in baby bunnies and was giving them away???
mad.gif This is a particular pet peeve of mine. Make Mine Chocolate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I managed to burn my upper thigh with boiling water when I was making tea, it's not bad enough to need to go to the emergency room thankfully but I do have a bunch of blisters and peeled skin there now. Luckily the aspirin seems to be working and I disinfected it so I'm not in too much pain but still it sucks. I don't think I'm going to be able to wear pants for a few days so it's a good thing I don't have to go anywhere.... undecided.gif

Ouch! Definitely put neosporin on it, so it'll heal faster. That stuff really is a wonder drug.

The weather is finally warming up enough around here for some outdoor activities, so my sister, nephews, and I went rollerblading yesterday, and I managed to completely destroy one of my blades. The whole hard plastic part that held the wheel attachment on to the boot just cracked apart, so the wheels literally fell off. I know they're nearly 20 years old, but it's hard plastic, so I really wasn't expecting that part to just crack in half like that.

So not only did I have to walk home (over a mile), but now I'll need to buy new skates, because I really want to get out and exercise this summer, and my neighborhood's good for rollerblading.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
Fromper is offline  
#231 Old 04-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular
 
a Balloon a Balloon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

I also want to point out tht i am not a rude person. I understand that mistakes happen. When the first quesadilla came out with chicken i wasnt rude but after i sent it back and i pretty much got the same quesadilla people saw a side of kristin that doesnt come out to often. Even my husband said i cant believe you stuck up for yourself.

Ugh, that sounded like a really irritating situation. I think you did well, it's something I wouldn't like to deal with either, but you were right to be polite first and then firm. There's no way you should be paying for that. So good for you.

a Balloon a Balloon is offline  
#232 Old 04-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Impeach the gangster
 
Capstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,052

I just received a bill from Urgent Care. I slightly injured my hand last month and was concerned about infection and tetanus, so I went in. The bill is almost $500, for a quick exam and a tetanus shot. They're not only charging $180 for the tetanus serum, but also $55 for the syringe, which probably costs  .75¢ to purchase. $155 for 10-minutes of a doctor's time ($930 per hour,) $235 for a tetanus shot, $40 for antibiotics, and $130 for the 'facility' (walking through the door.) I'm PO'd.


"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Capstan is offline  
#233 Old 04-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
 

I just received a bill from Urgent Care. I slightly injured my hand last month and was concerned about infection and tetanus, so I went in. The bill is almost $500, for a quick exam and a tetanus shot. They're not only charging $180 for the tetanus serum, but also $55 for the syringe, which probably costs  .75¢ to purchase. $155 for 10-minutes of a doctor's time ($930 per hour,) $235 for a tetanus shot, $40 for antibiotics, and $130 for the 'facility' (walking through the door.) I'm PO'd.

What a rip off.:mad:

leedsveg is offline  
#234 Old 04-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Impeach the gangster
 
Capstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
 

What a rip off.:mad:

 

You have a gift for understatement, Ian. In my area, the entire medical profession has been taken over by two corporations that have forced independent doctors to either work for them, or else go out of business. Now, they have branch offices in virtually every town. If you need attention, you either go to them, or you go without. 15-years ago, I could have had the exam and shot for less than $100, from a local doctor. This isn't just inflation at work, it's profiteering, plain and simple, shareholders preying on the misfortunes of the sick. Our federal government enacts legislation that enables "intellectual" entities- corporations- to control business, and external corporations, like insurance providers, to cash in on the flow of money. Now, it's a question of how far the government, which created the problem in the first place, will intervene to hold in check what is spiraling out of control.


"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Capstan is offline  
#235 Old 04-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Fromper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 7,014
I'm getting old. I just got new glasses with progressive lenses this weekend. These take some getting used to. I was actually ok with them most of the weekend at home, but I'm having more problems at work. Since they're like bifocals in affecting the vision differently depending on how you look through them, I'm still having trouble finding the sweet spot for computer use. And I think my eyes are working harder as I get used to them, so it's causing some severe eye strain.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
Fromper is offline  
#236 Old 04-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
 
silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I'm getting old. I just got new glasses with progressive lenses this weekend. These take some getting used to. I was actually ok with them most of the weekend at home, but I'm having more problems at work. Since they're like bifocals in affecting the vision differently depending on how you look through them, I'm still having trouble finding the sweet spot for computer use. And I think my eyes are working harder as I get used to them, so it's causing some severe eye strain.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

That's just how I feel about them Everyone said you get used to them, and I know they;re right, but I dart my eyes around too much. 

I don't always turn my head according to what I want to see, so walks, driving- anytime I'm peering to the side or looking down it's so annoying.

Ilikekale suggested some by (Nikon?) and my eye doctor suggested some that have a wider range for both near and far, but they were expensive!


Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
silva is offline  
#237 Old 04-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Bracing for snow
 
ilikekale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Ilikekale suggested some by (Nikon?)

Zeiss, actually. My current lenses are Nikon and the Zeiss were much better.

Ken
ilikekale is offline  
#238 Old 04-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Bracing for snow
 
ilikekale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I'm getting old. I just got new glasses with progressive lenses this weekend. These take some getting used to. I was actually ok with them most of the weekend at home, but I'm having more problems at work. Since they're like bifocals in affecting the vision differently depending on how you look through them, I'm still having trouble finding the sweet spot for computer use. And I think my eyes are working harder as I get used to them, so it's causing some severe eye strain.

It takes a while for your brain to catch up to the new signals it's getting from your eyes. Very likely that, in a bit, you won't even notice. I don't. At all.

Ken
ilikekale is offline  
#239 Old 04-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
 
silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,955

I still do! Not all the time, but looking out the side of them really throws me off.

If I'm focusing on just distance, or just reading I'm fine, but going about a usual day it doesn't feel right. I can never wear them for arms length, like computer


Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
silva is offline  
#240 Old 05-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,794

Both my parents are in their 80's, and my mom had to have an emergency pacemaker put in on her birthday, my dad has stents in his heart, and twice he's had low blood sugar (once was 46--"He should be unconscious" according to the paramedic who was there) and this morning his blood sugar was at 50. I've been reading a lot about the veg*an diet, and Caldwell Esselstyn's Prevent and Reverse Heart disease, and Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes, and how both use the plant based diet for that...but mom's like, he's having eggs and bacon because he needs his protein.:wall::furious:...I'm really scared. My dad's brother had a leg amputated because of diabetes, and now, this. I don't know what to do. Dad doesn't seem to mind my vegan food, but mom's like, it's too late, that ship has sailed...Don't worry about us. Uh, speaking of sailing ships...


Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off