The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 7 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

#181 Old 02-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for the well wishes! Carter is feeling a lot better. His foot isn't swollen anymore.

Werewolf Girl and 60225 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 02-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Thank you for the well wishes! Carter is feeling a lot better. His foot isn't swollen anymore.

Oh, that the chinchilla's name? Glad Carter is better.

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#183 Old 02-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Oh, that the chinchilla's name? Glad Carter is better.

Rat. Poor guy still has a little swelling. It was looking better, now it's puffy again. I may have to take him back to the vet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#184 Old 02-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I volunteer with a dog rescue and these people eat sleep and breathe dogs (figurativly) they love them so much. They rescue out of high kill shelters in the carolinas. Its so wonderful.
The irony in this is about 50 percent of them are hunters.???
How can you fight to save these dogs and then go out the next day and shoot a deer? It just baffles me. I can not wrap my head around it. I gave up meat because i love animals. I dont get it. Ive thought about asking this question to some of the ones that im getting to know but i have a feeling it wont go over well.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#185 Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Carter's foot is still swollen and worse :( I don't think it's going to get better, my vet thinks it's a break.

#186 Old 02-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

^^^ this has been going on far too long for it to be a simple break.  Rats heal ridiculously fast so a break would have sorted itself out by now.  Also a broken limb wouldn't ordinarily swell, subside and then swell again weeks later.  If it's a complex break (displaced bone) then it might need an operation.

I'm assuming your vet hasn't found any infection causing the swelling.  Is Carter showing any signs of pain, is he limping or avoiding using the swollen foot?

Does he have a solid floor on his cage or is it wire?  

#187 Old 02-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Today during the walk we were attacked by some aggressive dog. I managed to save my dog, but I was bitten sad.gif

#188 Old 02-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

Today during the walk we were attacked by some aggressive dog. I managed to save my dog, but I was bitten sad.gif
Ouch! Are you sure the dog that bit you doesn't have rabies? You might need to get a shot, just in case. sad.gif

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#189 Old 02-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

^^^ this has been going on far too long for it to be a simple break.  Rats heal ridiculously fast so a break would have sorted itself out by now.  Also a broken limb wouldn't ordinarily swell, subside and then swell again weeks later.  If it's a complex break (displaced bone) then it might need an operation.

I'm assuming your vet hasn't found any infection causing the swelling.  Is Carter showing any signs of pain, is he limping or avoiding using the swollen foot?

Does he have a solid floor on his cage or is it wire?  

The vet said he would likely not make it through surgery (I trust him, he's a friend since high school) and pain management is a better idea. He's older. He's on another round of antibiotics, I have pain killers for him too. He lifts it when he walks, but it doesn't slow him down. He's still eating and drinking just fine. T

Wire, but I'm looking into getting a new cage. I've had 21 rats in this cage, this is the first time we've had an injury. I wish I could afford another Critter Nation and had space for it. It's a great cage. I have one for my chinchillas.

#190 Old 02-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
Ouch! Are you sure the dog that bit you doesn't have rabies? You might need to get a shot, just in case.
Now he definitely have wink3.gif And I've got shot by a Cupid on 14th, so I think it should be enough wink3.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCGBgOgp08

And speaking seriously, this dog has bitten also his owner, so I'll soon find out.

#191 Old 02-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Banned

Sending much love and healing vibes to Carter xxx

#192 Old 02-17-2014, 08:19 AM

Has the vet ruled out bumblefoot? It can cause swelling and sometimes can be aggravated by wire floors.

Give him kisses better from me :smitten:

My pet peeve of the week - people who don't RSVP!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://www.facebook.com/flash.gordonette.5

Twitter: @Flashgordonette

#193 Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Banned

^^ I was going to suggest bumblefoot but thought the vet would have already considered it.  It's quite an obvious condition (at least to rat owners) due to exaggeration of the lumps and bumps on the affected foot/feet.  If his foot looks anything like this picture then it could very well be bumblefoot which is not always easy to treat.

#194 Old 02-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Sending much love and healing vibes to Carter xxx

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgordonette View Post

Has the vet ruled out bumblefoot? It can cause swelling and sometimes can be aggravated by wire floors.

Give him kisses better from me :smitten:

My pet peeve of the week - people who don't RSVP!

Quote:

^^ I was going to suggest bumblefoot but thought the vet would have already considered it.  It's quite an obvious condition (at least to rat owners) due to exaggeration of the lumps and bumps on the affected foot/feet.  If his foot looks anything like this picture then it could very well be bumblefoot which is not always easy to treat.

It's much more severe than that. I looked at pictures on Yahoo images and I don't think it's related. Could be though. He's on his second round of antibiotic, the first one did nothing. I really think it's a break. I'll try to get a picture of his leg soon.

Poor guy has mites too. I've treated for them in the past, but they're back. I'm going to Trader Joe's soon to get some more olive oil so I can bathe him in it.

#195 Old 02-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Regarding Carter's foot, I started a thread. Please check it out. Animal Companion section. Thanks!

#196 Old 03-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Daylight savings time. Actually, the change to daylight savings time. I prefer daylight savings to standard time, but I hate changing between the two. I'm extra tired this morning for missing an hour over the weekend. I wish we could just stay on daylight savings time year round, and never change it.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#197 Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I always prefer fall back lol
#198 Old 03-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Ugh, I'm so sick of dealing with bureaucracy and red tape! You just can't get something simple done when you're dealing with the government or large organizations! 

Aristede:grr: 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#199 Old 03-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Ugh, I'm so sick of dealing with bureaucracy and red tape! You just can't get something simple done when you're dealing with the government or large organizations! 

Aristede:grr:  
I know that feeling.

Speaking of government pains, I just spent way too much trying to find a sample ballot online for tomorrow's primary election. I want to go through all the candidates in advance and research them online to decide who to vote for, but first I needed the list of candidates, and I just couldn't find that anywhere. Finally found it on the county clerk's web site, because none of the other places I looked had it. You'd think the state elections web site would have it somewhere, but apparently, that would be too easy.

Now I just need to find my polling place tomorrow. I have the address, and it's just 3 blocks from my home, so it's a short walk. But I've never been there, so I'm likely to end up standing there on the corner looking around, trying to figure out which building it's in.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#200 Old 03-17-2014, 09:56 PM

Tired of waiting well over an hour for police to show up when my dad kicks my dog in a drunken fit.

#201 Old 03-17-2014, 09:59 PM

Or they do show up and tell you to call if it happens again.

#202 Old 03-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritBird View Post

Tired of waiting well over an hour for police to show up when my dad kicks my dog in a drunken fit.

OMG, are you okay? Is the dog okay? Did the police show up? I'm so sorry that happened to you, does your dad act like that a lot?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#203 Old 03-18-2014, 04:30 PM

Yeah, everyone is fine. Major arguments happen a couple times a year. Police came, said "Well, he's sleeping, we don't want to upset him. We'll leave it at that" That's Vallejo for you. 

#204 Old 03-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Before March break (march 10-14 for me), I was assigned an independent study of a 100 page math textbook to do over my break. I was also told that I would be having 3 french tests in the 2 weeks after March break, but wasn't told exactly when. So as you can assume, I didn't get much of a break. 

Heres where it gets good: after getting back from March break, I have been assigned more tests and more projects! Yay! So, in the next 8 school days (4 days this week, 4 next week), I have a test on the math independent study textbook, a math unit test (large portion of final grade), 3 french tests, 2 history tests, a physics test, and to top it all off, a history research project and a physics project. That makes a grand total of 9 tests and 2 projects in 10 days. One test was today - 1 down, 8 tests and 2 projects to go! Wish me luck...

…In other words, sleep deprivation, here I come! :sleep: 

#205 Old 03-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyr656 View Post

Before March break (march 10-14 for me), I was assigned an independent study of a 100 page math textbook to do over my break. I was also told that I would be having 3 french tests in the 2 weeks after March break, but wasn't told exactly when. So as you can assume, I didn't get much of a break. 

Heres where it gets good: after getting back from March break, I have been assigned more tests and more projects! Yay! So, in the next 8 school days (4 days this week, 4 next week), I have a test on the math independent study textbook, a math unit test (large portion of final grade), 3 french tests, 2 history tests, a physics test, and to top it all off, a history research project and a physics project. That makes a grand total of 9 tests and 2 projects in 10 days. One test was today - 1 down, 8 tests and 2 projects to go! Wish me luck...

Oh, wow! I remember those days, but I don't ever recall being so inundated at one time! Good luck, kyr656! And try to sneak some sleep in! 

#206 Old 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh, wow! I remember those days, but I don't ever recall being so inundated at one time! Good luck, kyr656! And try to sneak some sleep in! 

Add to that list a french presentation for tomorrow and a french unit test next Friday. :wall:

…Come back tomorrow and we'll see what else I have. :p 

#207 Old 03-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Unschooling Vegan Mama

Went out to my car after work yesterday to find that there were two flyers (one stuck in the corner of my window and then one under the wiper blade) for a local church on my car.  No biggie, figured they were just putting them on all the cars.  Drove around the entire parking lot twice to find that nope!  Just mine!  I have bumper stickers like the coexist one, a human rights campaign one, and one that says "Stop *****ing, Start a revolution."  So I'm not sure if they judged by my stickers or what.  If it had been all the cars -- wouldn't care.  If someone had approached me face-to-face with an invite to their church -- wouldn't care.  But instead with this approach I feel completely singled out and a bit pissy.  A coworker suggested having them check the cameras to see who did it in case it was someone who works here.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to.  I kind of want to find out just to know if they knew it was my car.  Because either a)they did and they singled me out or b)they didn't, and they ran the risk of putting it on a customer's car.  Customers don't really have a way to be around staff cars so I don't think that it was a customer, I think someone who works here did it.

Anyway, mini-rant.  
And I feel slightly stupid for being angry over it, but I purposely am quiet about my religious beliefs because of the area I live in and the people I work with.  So this wasn't likely to be a "Hey we love everyone, please come to our church" thing as much as a "You effing need Jesus" kind of thing.

#208 Old 03-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyr656 View Post

Shouldn't there be a partridge in a pear tree in there somewhere??:o 

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#209 Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 PM

When someone lies about their age, and gets mad when you stop talking to them. 

#210 Old 03-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck, kyr!

My annoyance for the day: My shirt is too tight. Not sure how this happened. I think it means I need to go on a diet. My other shirts aren't tight, though, and I thought they were all the same size, but I guess not.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page