The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 34 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

#991 Old 02-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Well what about where you needed an oil that hardened? Is there another oil besides palm that solidifies at such a high temp?
Like vegan butter, deodorant, and the best cheese ball I've ever had--those all need refined coconut oil--not the deodorant, that's regular!
@jessandreia -have you checked online?
Purp likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#992 Old 02-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Well what about where you needed an oil that hardened? Is there another oil besides palm that solidifies at such a high temp?
Like vegan butter, deodorant, and the best cheese ball I've ever had--those all need refined coconut oil--not the deodorant, that's regular!
@jessandreia -have you checked online?
No, I haven't. I don't see myself using it much at all anyway.
The thing with coconut oil is that it seems to be a fad of "healthy veganism". Do we really need to use it in a cake? (rhetorical question)

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#993 Old 02-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

No!
I do make some great vegan buttah with the refined kind-
http://www.forkandbeans.com/2015/07/...stitute/---add a couple teaspoons of vinegar and I use sweetened soy milk.

and regular coconut oil with baking soda and cornstarch mixed in, and a few drops essential oil makes a great deodorant.

Not necessary though. I worry about all these 'trends', not even just vegan stuff but paleo.

Issues with sustainablility, and ethics when it gets in demand
Purp likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#994 Old 02-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Animal Lover

My pet peeve; When people always think they're right, when the evidence is clearly there to prove them wrong. Or, when my husband eats with his mouth open loudly!
Purp likes this.

- I'll be myself until they f***ing close the coffin - Lady Gaga[/I]
#995 Old 02-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Snow's all gone. It's all rain, now.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#996 Old 02-09-2017, 08:10 PM
person

Summer
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#997 Old 02-10-2017, 03:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Cooking shows calling meat "The protein".
Purp and LedBoots like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#998 Old 02-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Cooking shows calling meat "The protein".
Start your own cooking show, and call beans, nuts, greens, and quinoa "the protein".

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#999 Old 03-04-2017, 11:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Some gamey, gormless gimboid with no functioning brain cells whatsoever tried to set fire to my library.

#1000 Old 03-05-2017, 04:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Some gamey, gormless gimboid with no functioning brain cells whatsoever tried to set fire to my library.
Sorry to hear that Purp and hope you're ok.

Leedsveg.
Purp likes this.
#1001 Old 03-05-2017, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
Sorry to hear that Purp and hope you're ok.

Leedsveg.
I'm ok, and no one and no books were hurt, but...Just the thought that someone in my community thinks this is a good thing to do...

#1002 Old 03-07-2017, 01:12 AM
person

Arrogant men who think they can force their opinion on women.
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#1003 Old 03-18-2017, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Trump's Budget Cuts...
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#1004 Old 03-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
He's playing golf right now on the taxpayers dime.
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1005 Old 03-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Veggie Regular

A photo on Facebook that showed the "Vegan" option at a family reunion was a roll with some dandelion leaves. Some guy responded that vegans, "Need to man up and eat some ribs or a steak." I told him to man up and watch Earthlings.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#1006 Old 03-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm starving and my food is taking forever to get here! I'm trying to use my psychic powers to make it get here faster and it's not working.
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1007 Old 03-29-2017, 06:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I'm starving and my food is taking forever to get here! I'm trying to use my psychic powers to make it get here faster and it's not working.
Hunger weakens psychic powers, you should eat something first...

#1008 Old 03-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
So true, it didn't work!

Apparently something was unplugged at the restaurant and they didn't even get our Just Eat order even though there was an email confirmation.

The first time we called them they claimed the Just Eat driver was on the way and it wasn't until another half hour had passed before we discovered they didn't get our order, then we had to argue with the people at Just Eat and it was a whole big thing.

We ended up getting the food over 2 hours later. I just wanted curry! At least it was delicious when it finally got here...
Purp likes this.

#1009 Old 03-30-2017, 12:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Quote:
So true, it didn't work!

Apparently something was unplugged at the restaurant and they didn't even get our Just Eat order even though there was an email confirmation.

The first time we called them they claimed the Just Eat driver was on the way and it wasn't until another half hour had passed before we discovered they didn't get our order, then we had to argue with the people at Just Eat and it was a whole big thing.

We ended up getting the food over 2 hours later. I just wanted curry! At least it was delicious when it finally got here...
Gooberknuckles. That's too bad. I'm glad you finally got something to eat, though.

#1010 Old 03-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Plant Powered

It's beautiful outside for the first time in months, I've been working all day, and was REALLY looking forward to a nice hot yoga class tonight, but... my stinky husband gave me his cold! GRR! And the worst part? I was bragging to him just the other day how i NEEEEVER get sick *eyeroll* - karma on me for being cocky! LOL
Purp likes this.
#1011 Old 04-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

The Seattle Mariners have lost their first 3 games of the season.

#1012 Old 04-29-2017, 12:10 AM
Veggie Regular

A local nursery that's been in business for 70 years is shutting down. Do you know what they're going to put in there?? Big, ugly concrete warehouses.

#1013 Old 04-29-2017, 12:22 AM
person

Today - just about everything (except the good haircut I got).
Purp likes this.

Last edited by BlueMts; 04-29-2017 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spelling - of course. It is me typing after all.
#1014 Old 05-14-2017, 12:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Plant Right Activists who mow lawns.
BlueMts likes this.

#1015 Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 AM
person

Never mind, my mood has swung and I am just too angry to rant as I was intending too.
Purp likes this.

Last edited by BlueMts; 05-19-2017 at 09:20 PM.
#1016 Old 05-27-2017, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Music Choice has a channel dedicated to seasonal music. What do they have for this weekend? Patriotic (American) music. What do they refer to this weekend as? "BBQ weekend." Uh, no, Music Choice, this weekend is a three day weekend for those who've died in wars for their country, not for barbequing.

#1017 Old 05-29-2017, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Guess some people will disagree, but...

Vegans telling other vegans that if their food was cooked on the same grill that is also used to cook animal products, then the food is not vegan.

That is just about personal choice, not veganism. Having your vegetables grilled on the same grill does not make you financially contribute to those industries. Cutting out all animal products is already overwhelming enough for a lot of people.
Werewolf Girl, silva and Purp like this.

#1018 Old 05-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Guess some people will disagree, but...

Vegans telling other vegans that if their food was cooked on the same grill that is also used to cook animal products, then the food is not vegan.

That is just about personal choice, not veganism. Having your vegetables grilled on the same grill does not make you financially contribute to those industries. Cutting out all animal products is already overwhelming enough for a lot of people.
Yes! As long as vegans are the minority, I'd go crazy if I didn't let things like that go. I can't relate a piece of meat on a grill to things like poop like some compare it to, too much OCD.
I have used the analogy of seeing a bug in your food, would you not send it back, and that goes over pretty well. I play it by ear. If I can prevent it before it happens I'll say something, if not, I let it go

I am tired of omnivores asking if I eat things like rice, pasta or wheat. It comes from the same people
Purp, jessandreia and BlueMts like this.

#1019 Old 06-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I guess it must be because I'm getting older... I can't sleep in on weekends anymore!

I woke up at 7am on a Saturday and I feel so lame.. On the bright side I have a lot of alone time before my boyfriend wakes up...
Purp likes this.

#1020 Old 06-14-2017, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to think I was the biggest loser in the world, but somehow, someone seems to go out of their way to prove me wrong... :'(
Like this git. Or this git.
BlueMts likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page