The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 33 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

#961 Old 11-24-2016, 03:40 PM
adapt. evolve. become

Mom decided to eat thanksgiving dinner with a neighbor. I'm just here feeling betrayal because she said we'd have thanksgiving together.

All we are is dust in the wind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#962 Old 11-24-2016, 04:38 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Huntress View Post
Mom decided to eat thanksgiving dinner with a neighbor. I'm just here feeling betrayal because she said we'd have thanksgiving together.
I'm sorry. That's really hurtful.
#963 Old 11-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Wow...

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#964 Old 11-25-2016, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Awww, what the hell? Did you confront her about it? That's quite rude.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#965 Old 11-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
That just makes me wish I know you IRL, since we had delicious vegan food, and you'd been more then welcome at our table.
Tom and Werewolf Girl like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#966 Old 11-25-2016, 02:55 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Gardein is discontinuing most of their products in Canada until a new plant is built . Only 4 will be available.
The apparent reason is that they are unable to meet demand. WTF?!
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Purp likes this.
#967 Old 11-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Bummer. I hate family politics.

I'm bummed, because there's nothing but Godzilla movies on TV tonight. I'm intellectually starved.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#968 Old 11-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Bummer. I hate family politics.

I'm bummed, because there's nothing but Godzilla movies on TV tonight. I'm intellectually starved.
Nothing else to do but turn off your brain and enjoy the puppets destroying model cities I guess...

I'm stressed right now because of work. I start training my new employees on Monday and I've never done anything like this before and I'm so nervous about it, on top of that I'm expected to do a dozen other tasks besides management as well. Ack. I've been reminding myself to take long calming breaths for the past week....
Capstan and Purp like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#969 Old 11-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Nothing else to do but turn off your brain and enjoy the puppets destroying model cities I guess...
Puppets? Model cities? You're kidding!!! I tried watching Godzilla Vs. Destroyah with an open mind. Got 5-minutes into it and said, "Nope!" Switched it right off.

When training employees, remember, FEAR IS THE KEY!!
Tom, Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#970 Old 11-26-2016, 08:23 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

I'm rapidly tiring of the attempted energetic suffocation from folks who choose to eagerly ingest death and destruction on various levels while aggressively (and generally in all caps.....lol) preaching love and light and many karmic returns. May I soon come to peace with whatever remains inside of self that prompts the sometimes overwhelming desire to emotionally react in their presence. Breathe. Observe. Be. Love.
Tom, Capstan, Purp and 1 others like this.
#971 Old 11-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Gardein is discontinuing most of their products in Canada until a new plant is built . Only 4 will be available.
The apparent reason is that they are unable to meet demand. WTF?!
I've been reading that it is "included but not limited to Canada". I've also read that there will be a 12.5% price increase effective February 27 2017 (Great!). They are working on a new plant in the US, and improving the Canadian plant. Boo. I tried emailing them to confirm this (as I'm not sure of the validity of this information) and I got a stock "these-are-our-products-click-this-link-to-see-where-you-can-buy-them" reply. I'm surprised that they haven't made a comment about this- this seems like the type of thing they would try to be on top of.
Purp likes this.
#972 Old 11-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyr656 View Post
I've been reading that it is "included but not limited to Canada". I've also read that there will be a 12.5% price increase effective February 27 2017 (Great!). They are working on a new plant in the US, and improving the Canadian plant. Boo. I tried emailing them to confirm this (as I'm not sure of the validity of this information) and I got a stock "these-are-our-products-click-this-link-to-see-where-you-can-buy-them" reply. I'm surprised that they haven't made a comment about this- this seems like the type of thing they would try to be on top of.
I read about the price increase too. Didn't know if it was just Canada or not. They pretty much confirmed it on a reply to someone's post, but haven't made any formal announcements. Seems that the 4 products they will keep are the fishless filets, beefless ground, mandarin chicken, and crispy seven grain tenders. Two of those are products that I didn't really care for... great...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gardein.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	15514  
Purp likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#973 Old 12-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

I'm disappointed that the book I have on hold at my local library, and have had on hold since Nov, hasn't come in yet.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#974 Old 12-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I went to church, and there's a woman who was (note the past tense) vegan, and I asked her about it. She said she went back to not vegan because of convenience.

#975 Old 12-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Veggie Regular

My presents haven't arrived yet.

#976 Old 12-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

The entire year of 2016 was just one big...Uh...Stinkbomb.

#977 Old 01-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Was happy to see the Gardein porkless bites in a store today. Mostly because it was nice to see a Gardein product I had never tried, but also because pork was one of the meats I used to like the most.

I think they have gotten good reviews, but I was disappointed with them. I have always really disliked fat on meat, and the porkless bites form some sort of fat coating when cooking. I guess it's pretty good if you are looking for more realistic fake meat, though.

#978 Old 01-13-2017, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Called the place I regularly get take out from.
"Can you hold for a second?"
Me: Yes

Literally on hold for 10 minutes. Decided to just hang up. Pretty sure the person who put me on hold completely forgot I was on the phone. I felt kind of bad hanging up, but the wait time was ridiculous. No frickin' reason why you should be on hold for 10 minutes plus when calling a restaurant.
Purp likes this.

Last edited by jessandreia; 01-13-2017 at 05:51 PM.
#979 Old 01-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Donald J. Trump is the 45th President of the United States. I'm frightened.
leedsveg and BlueMts like this.

#980 Old 01-20-2017, 07:20 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
I feel like a man without a country.
Purp and leedsveg like this.

#981 Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I watched the Inauguration on tv yesterday, Purp and Capstan, hoping that by actually assuming the exalted office of President of the United States of America, Trump would finally show a little grace, a smidgen of class, perhaps even a touch of humility...

No need to tell me. I'm an idiot.

Lv
Purp likes this.

Last edited by leedsveg; 01-21-2017 at 10:27 AM.
#982 Old 01-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I was incredibly miserable all of yesterday and today because of Trump's inauguration. How can this be happening? I'm so afraid of what this means for the world.
Purp and leedsveg like this.

#983 Old 01-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Veggie Regular

"EASY vegan recipe"
"Step 1 - Soak overnight..."

Ugh.
Purp and Knowtions In Motion like this.

#984 Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

It bugs me that some stuff can still bug me so much, even when I fully know that allowing it the time and space it needs to continue to bug me is going to eventually result in some type of dis-ease erupting that trips up my otherwise fairly smooth flow of healthy consumption and release. Ugh. Then it bugs me that it doesn't bug others nearly as much, if any at all.

I love my super-sensitive sensitivities, most days, but the overwhelm serves as a harsh reminder of just how much further there is to go, overall. I'm still tired from trying to hold up all those pre-determined masks society dealt throughout the first half-century of my life. No masks allowed in the second half. Keeping it real, especially on the end of my fork.
#985 Old 01-28-2017, 05:17 AM
Peace

I have a problem with several doctors in the hospital. It's complaint time.

Hate hate hate. Oh well. It usually works to send in an official complaint.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#986 Old 01-31-2017, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Gooberknuckles. Double Gooberknuckles. Triple Gooberknuckles. I didn't get the job I applied for.

#987 Old 01-31-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I'm mostly disgusted.
Purp likes this.

Vegan: because I'm being the change I wish to see in the world
#988 Old 02-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
I feel like a man without a country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
I watched the Inauguration on tv yesterday, Purp and Capstan, hoping that by actually assuming the exalted office of President of the United States of America, Trump would finally show a little grace, a smidgen of class, perhaps even a touch of humility...

No need to tell me. I'm an idiot.

Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I was incredibly miserable all of yesterday and today because of Trump's inauguration. How can this be happening? I'm so afraid of what this means for the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamato3 View Post
I'm mostly disgusted.
I want to hide under my bed, suck my thumb and cry, "Mommy", but I can't.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#989 Old 02-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Every vegan recipe (that uses oil) asking for coconut oil. The only coconut oil I've seen where I live was $25 for a jar, not even a big jar at that.
Purp likes this.

#990 Old 02-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Every vegan recipe (that uses oil) asking for coconut oil. The only coconut oil I've seen where I live was $25 for a jar, not even a big jar at that.
Psst, you don't have to use it. Trust me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page