The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 26 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

#751 Old 09-05-2015, 05:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Thanks everyone. He passed away shortly after my post last night. At least he is not in pain anymore.

:'(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#752 Old 09-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Thanks everyone. He passed away shortly after my post last night. At least he is not in pain anymore.
I'm sorry for your loss

#753 Old 09-05-2015, 12:38 PM
No flesh since 99'

Quote:
I am very sorry for your loss. Little bird is flying free now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#754 Old 09-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Unhappy

Quote:

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#755 Old 09-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
so sorry
#756 Old 09-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Angry

Taken 1 Sept 2015
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9020002.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	11841
Kiwibird08 likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#757 Old 09-13-2015, 09:05 PM
No flesh since 99'

Gripe-People who always preach about how it's better to "talk" about things rather than push them aside and move on as I normally do. "O, I'll *always be* a shoulder to cry on if you need" people. HA!

I do not frequently discuss or display strong emotions in reaction to things that negatively impact my life. When I do have the occasional emotional break and am just overwhelmed, instead of all this wishy washy "compassion" crap they preach, they call me crazy for feeling the way I do. WTF?! It's like they are just itching for me to talk about certain life events I choose not to discuss, period, as they bear no relevance on my life today. Seems like those particular things though are the ONLY things others want to be "emotional support" for (I suspect gossip since no one knows 'details')- the things I don't want or need emotional support over, moved on from a long time ago and just want to forget about. Go figure. The things that ACTUALLY get to me at this point in my life... Nah, those are "ridiculous" and I am "overreacting".
#758 Old 09-13-2015, 09:11 PM
No flesh since 99'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Taken 1 Sept 2015
Attachment 11841
Christmas is fast becoming my LEAST favorite holiday. Even though I'm atheist, I always enjoyed and found it fun to do the tree and having the pretty winter decorations and the yummy baked goods ext... Just kind of a fun and festive break from the cold before the upcoming dead of winter months. Due to the over commercialization and DISGUSTING display of mass consumerism, I am at the point I just want to protest it and only buy bare essentials during the holiday season (by that I mean food and maybe toilet paper or dish soap kind of bare essentials). Makes me not even want to do previously enjoyable activities like decorating the tree because holiday decorations are out for sale 1/2 the year now. It's not even special anymore!

Last edited by Kiwibird08; 09-13-2015 at 09:14 PM.
#759 Old 09-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:

Taken 1 Sept 2015
Attachment 11841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
Christmas is fast becoming my LEAST favorite holiday. Even though I'm atheist, I always enjoyed and found it fun to do the tree and having the pretty winter decorations and the yummy baked goods ext... Just kind of a fun and festive break from the cold before the upcoming dead of winter months. Due to the over commercialization and DISGUSTING display of mass consumerism, I am at the point I just want to protest it and only buy bare essentials during the holiday season (by that I mean food and maybe toilet paper or dish soap kind of bare essentials). Makes me not even want to do previously enjoyable activities like decorating the tree because holiday decorations are out for sale 1/2 the year now. It's not even special anymore!
It gets better. today, 15 September 2015, I was in our car, and changed the radio station (no pandora in our car..it's an old school radio) and, I swear I am not making this up, "Don't They Know It's Christmastime" came on.
Kiwibird08 likes this.

#760 Old 09-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

I'm gotta stay outta stores the week after Halloween. Used to be my favorite time to get all kinds of candy really cheap! I still want to throw tantrums when I see all my old favorites! I used to think I was doing so good to just relegate candy to after holidays...
Yeah, yeah. There are many good vegan candies. Not the point.Point is 75% after holidays...
Chocolate is even worse when it's not fair trade though.

I did find my all time bestest chocolate candy in the world again! Kind of a trip, but it's at my favorite NFS---Chocolove dark chocolate with crystalized ginger!

I stopped at a local store known for it's healthy eating approach, and plant based advocacy. I asked if they carried Just Mayo. The stock guy didn't know where, but a woman heard me and said yes, it's next to the -- EGGS!!!??? Really?
I had a few things and went in line --right by cooked meat station- deli or whatever. I wanted to puke.
Glad this thread came up because it reminded me to send an email about that to the store. And that's why I go to Aldis.Don't have to see it, never smell it
Purp likes this.
#761 Old 09-18-2015, 08:00 AM
No flesh since 99'

Quote:
It gets better. today, 15 September 2015, I was in our car, and changed the radio station (no pandora in our car..it's an old school radio) and, I swear I am not making this up, "Don't They Know It's Christmastime" came on.
I think I would have been so enraged I would have actually called the radio station and complained! Seriously, Christmas music in September. Makes me want to puke.

Do you remember... way back in the, o, 1990's (so not even THAT long ago) Christmas displays didn't go up until around THANKSGIVING and Christmas music didn't start till after? I swear it's a conspiracy out there to make me a very bitter adult. I want to go back to my childhood when Christmas was not a year-round consumeristic clusterf***
Purp likes this.
#762 Old 09-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Quote:
I think I would have been so enraged I would have actually called the radio station and complained! Seriously, Christmas music in September. Makes me want to puke.

Do you remember... way back in the, o, 1990's (so not even THAT long ago) Christmas displays didn't go up until around THANKSGIVING and Christmas music didn't start till after? I swear it's a conspiracy out there to make me a very bitter adult. I want to go back to my childhood when Christmas was not a year-round consumeristic clusterf***
Don't be shy, tell us what you really think. All kidding aside, I'm with you. I love Christmas...IN DECEMBER!!! What is wrong with Back to School in September, Halloween in October, and Thanksgiving in November??? I don't have problem with that. Why do stores have that problem???

#763 Old 09-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Don't be shy, tell us what you really think. All kidding aside, I'm with you. I love Christmas...IN DECEMBER!!! What is wrong with Back to School in September, Halloween in October, and Thanksgiving in November??? I don't have problem with that. Why do stores have that problem???
$$$
Purp likes this.
#764 Old 09-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I had a list of things I was going to accomplish today and won't be doing any of them because I've had a bad headache for hours. Took 3 Advil, we'll see if it helps. I hate wasting my weekends away, I have such a busy schedule during the week with school.

Purp likes this.
#765 Old 09-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Hope you are feeling better!!

I have no major gripes today, shockerooni.
#766 Old 09-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
I had a list of things I was going to accomplish today and won't be doing any of them because I've had a bad headache for hours. Took 3 Advil, we'll see if it helps. I hate wasting my weekends away, I have such a busy schedule during the week with school.
I hope you feel better soon. Would you like a swift kick in the shins so your head won't hurt?
danakscully64 likes this.

#767 Old 09-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I started feeling better about 2 hours after I made the post.

Today I have 6 chapters to read and study for my Social Inequality class. I have a test tomorrow.

LedBoots likes this.
#768 Old 09-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
I started feeling better about 2 hours after I made the post.

Today I have 6 chapters to read and study for my Social Inequality class. I have a test tomorrow.
Just read the news paper. You get the same general idea about the world of ours...

#769 Old 09-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Just read the news paper. You get the same general idea about the world of ours...
The newspaper doesn't talk about Marx and Weber

It's actually only 4 chapters, 4 and 5 were skipped. The teacher posted study guides. I'm going through the chapters and highlighting the answers (on Kindle). I'm going to cram the information into my head tomorrow morning before class.

Purp likes this.
#770 Old 09-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
The newspaper doesn't talk about Marx and Weber

It's actually only 4 chapters, 4 and 5 were skipped. The teacher posted study guides. I'm going through the chapters and highlighting the answers (on Kindle). I'm going to cram the information into my head tomorrow morning before class.
Good luck.

#771 Old 09-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Veggie Regular

After my six days of vacation I returned to work with piles of stuff to catch up on. But the worst is a surprise announcement at the last minute today that the department is having a luncheon/meeting provided at a banquet facility tomorrow and the meal has already been planned for us. I tried to call the banquet facility to arrange for something vegan for me to eat there but I can't get hold of anyone. My manager doesn't even know exactly what we are having, just that it is soup and sandwiches. I might have to just bring along a larabar and some fruit or something to stash in my purse. A coworker of mine eats all gluten free and she said she will probably have to bring her own thing too, so maybe we will sit together so it's not so awkward for us.

I don't know why this bothers me so much. I have made "the best of it" many many times over the years of being vegan at large omnivore gatherings. But this luncheon is supposed to be a big thank you to us employees for working so hard with the transition to ICD 10 coding coming on October first in the U.S. SOME kind of vegan friendly food would be a nice thank you lol, even a measly salad, not having to bring my own food or make my own arrangements. Someday vegans will not be the minority....sighs.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#772 Old 09-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
After my six days of vacation I returned to work with piles of stuff to catch up on. But the worst is a surprise announcement at the last minute today that the department is having a luncheon/meeting provided at a banquet facility tomorrow and the meal has already been planned for us. I tried to call the banquet facility to arrange for something vegan for me to eat there but I can't get hold of anyone. My manager doesn't even know exactly what we are having, just that it is soup and sandwiches. I might have to just bring along a larabar and some fruit or something to stash in my purse. A coworker of mine eats all gluten free and she said she will probably have to bring her own thing too, so maybe we will sit together so it's not so awkward for us.

I don't know why this bothers me so much. I have made "the best of it" many many times over the years of being vegan at large omnivore gatherings. But this luncheon is supposed to be a big thank you to us employees for working so hard with the transition to ICD 10 coding coming on October first in the U.S. SOME kind of vegan friendly food would be a nice thank you lol, even a measly salad, not having to bring my own food or make my own arrangements. Someday vegans will not be the minority....sighs.
I am about to go post in the "Positive things Omnivore's Do thread because this story turned out so differently today!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#773 Old 09-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Good luck.
Thanks. I didn't realize the lecture notes would be half of the questions, oops I got a C+, but next test I'll get an A for sure. My Calculus class is the reason I haven't had time for my other 2 classes. It's kicking my butt! It's 4 credits but feels like 100

Purp likes this.
#774 Old 10-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm being attacked by dementors.

#775 Old 11-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to sound totally shallow, but eff it. I want to rant.

My fiancé just told me he strongly wants to let his hair grow long. Now, he's going bald (which is alright), so basically all he wants to grow is a long "tail", and he usually shaves the rest of his head. I actually think the "tail" thing looks cool, but when it's short. I've seen pics of him from before we met where he had it (very) long, and all I could think was "Thank god he doesn't have his hair like this anymore". I hate it to the point I know it will make me way less attracted to him.
We are supposed to get married in 4 months, and if he comes with that long "tail" haircut.... UGH!

And before anyone says I'm a terrible person and that "it's just hair", I think we can all agree that a haircut can make someone more or less attractive. Same way, he has told me he'd find me less attractive if I got my hair cut very short.

Yes, I've told him I would hate that. All he said was "What we do we now?"... Well, I can't do anything else except voice my opinion.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 11-03-2015 at 05:29 PM.
#776 Old 11-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

AH Jess, I soooo understand! I also can be quite shallow on the deep inside! On my outside I'm very accepting and caring... Little things like that drive me nuts. Esp when they're planned out by someone I love. It's like, 'who are you?' 'I love someone who thinks like that?' and I try hard. I've cut off some really great people from my life for seemingly silly reasons I couldn't get over.
I'd have a heart to heart with him and explain how it's a little thing that drives you nuts.
#777 Old 11-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

What is about foods that don't taste as good as they smell? or vice versa
I got this Harvest tea from Trader joes thats a gingery appley cinnamony lovely smelling tea, that tastes way too sweet and not nearly as good as it's smell.
Too bad the bags don't smell stronger or it would be potpourri
#778 Old 11-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 11-03-2015 at 06:34 PM.
#779 Old 11-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
I'm going to sound totally shallow, but eff it. I want to rant.

My fiancé just told me he strongly wants to let his hair grow long. Now, he's going bald (which is alright), so basically all he wants to grow is a long "tail", and he usually shaves the rest of his head. I actually think the "tail" thing looks cool, but when it's short. I've seen pics of him from before we met where he had it (very) long, and all I could think was "Thank god he doesn't have his hair like this anymore". I hate it to the point I know it will make me way less attracted to him.
We are supposed to get married in 4 months, and if he comes with that long "tail" haircut.... UGH!

And before anyone says I'm a terrible person and that "it's just hair", I think we can all agree that a haircut can make someone more or less attractive. Same way, he has told me he'd find me less attractive if I got my hair cut very short.

Yes, I've told him I would hate that. All he said was "What we do we now?"... Well, I can't do anything else except voice my opinion.
Nah, I totally get it. Hopefully the tail is gone for the wedding.

#780 Old 11-15-2015, 01:27 AM
adapt. evolve. become

I don't like it when vegetarians wear leather or fur.

All we are is dust in the wind

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page