The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 25 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 880Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#721 Old 08-21-2015, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator
 
no whey jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
It was the lettuce thing again. -_-

I did meet another vegetarian who likewise decided to bring her own lunch.
I am so unreasonably angry about this!!
no whey jose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#722 Old 08-22-2015, 12:21 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,793
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
I am so unreasonably angry about this!!
Me, too. Let's go find this git and set him straight.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#723 Old 08-25-2015, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
I've been dealing with back/neck pain for 3 weeks now. Doctor did nothing, Advil and Aleve do nothing. I'm going crazy with this pain level.



Purp likes this.
danakscully64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#724 Old 08-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
 
no whey jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
I've been dealing with back/neck pain for 3 weeks now. Doctor did nothing, Advil and Aleve do nothing. I'm going crazy with this pain level.
Oh no, you're still in that much pain? I'm so sorry. 😔
LedBoots likes this.
no whey jose is offline  
#725 Old 08-25-2015, 08:04 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 75
PEOPLE LEAVING FOOD CUPBOARDS OPEN IN THE KITCHEN

I mean...can you not?
amira23 likes this.
lookforstars is offline  
#726 Old 08-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Son of Jupiter
 
Linky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC
Posts: 100
Send a message via Skype™ to Linky
A Pet-Peeves thread? We had one on an older forum I was on....lemme find my post.

Ah, here it is-
[Alright, despite my dislike for making lists, I'll try to make a proper one.

People who don't cover their mouths when they're coughing or sneezing.
Slow drivers (and fast). "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin
Racism and other ignorant and irrational hatreds/dislikes. The latter will probably backfire on me later on.
People who lick their fingers while/after eating.
People who eat with their mouths open; you would expect people to stop doing that by the time they were adults, but you'll be surprised.
People who look at you while you're eating. Makes me uncomfortable.
When ignorant people accuse older artists of covering songs by newer artists when it was in fact the other way around.
Quackery.
Parents who give their children overly strange names.
Smokers in public who don't give a [censored] about those around them.
People who make out in public.
When people try to explain things I already know as if I don't.
People who can't argue properly. Being an arguer isn't only about presenting a good case and beating your opponent. Some people seem to lose all their humanity in arguments, and whether they're winning or losing they'll still be asses. Ethics shouldn't be thrown out of the window.]

I've got more now, but I'll save those.
danakscully64, Purp and LedBoots like this.
Linky is offline  
#727 Old 08-25-2015, 02:16 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
I've been dealing with back/neck pain for 3 weeks now. Doctor did nothing, Advil and Aleve do nothing. I'm going crazy with this pain level.
Hope things get better very soon d64.

Leedsveg.
leedsveg is online now  
#728 Old 08-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)
 
LedBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
I've been dealing with back/neck pain for 3 weeks now. Doctor did nothing, Advil and Aleve do nothing. I'm going crazy with this pain level.
Have you tried a chiropractor? Lots of times visits are covered by insurance. One fixed my longstanding neck issue in one visit years ago. They don't use meds, so they are pretty safe.
LedBoots is offline  
#729 Old 08-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
 
silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,954
I had a twinging, spasmic back a year or so ago and bought one those personal 'tens' electrode thing. You stick two (some have four) pads on the area and control the pulses. It was the only thing that both aleaviated the pain and calmed the twinging. They're around $30 dollars and up.
silva is online now  
#730 Old 08-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Veggie Regular
 
mecanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Mississippi
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookforstars View Post
PEOPLE LEAVING FOOD CUPBOARDS OPEN IN THE KITCHEN

I mean...can you not?
Lol! This is my boyfriend. I tend to leave the cabinets open while I cook, since I'm short I walk right under them.
Purp and lookforstars like this.
mecanna is offline  
#731 Old 08-30-2015, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Oh no, you're still in that much pain? I'm so sorry. 😔
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
Hope things get better very soon d64.

Leedsveg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Have you tried a chiropractor? Lots of times visits are covered by insurance. One fixed my longstanding neck issue in one visit years ago. They don't use meds, so they are pretty safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I had a twinging, spasmic back a year or so ago and bought one those personal 'tens' electrode thing. You stick two (some have four) pads on the area and control the pulses. It was the only thing that both aleaviated the pain and calmed the twinging. They're around $30 dollars and up.
Thanks. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and get a referral to a Physical Therapist. I'm having headaches everyday too from it. I was miserable all last week, which is sad because it was my first week of school. I love my trusted chiropractor, but he's 1,600 miles away in California. I'm afraid to try someone here, as the profession is known for having quacks (the good ones are amazing though). If PT doesn't work, I'll try a chiropractor. I bought a heating pad, but it doesn't do much. I had this pain before getting the new bed, I just hope the new mattress and pillow aren't making it worse.



Purp and LedBoots like this.
danakscully64 is offline  
#732 Old 08-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,793
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
I've been dealing with back/neck pain for 3 weeks now. Doctor did nothing, Advil and Aleve do nothing. I'm going crazy with this pain level.
For the record, @danakscully64 and I are about 2,000 miles away, so there is no way I am the pain in her neck.
LedBoots likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#733 Old 08-30-2015, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular
 
kyr656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 304
People who recline their seat all the way on an airplane and then turn around to complain that you are kneeing their seat. Um...Sorry. It doesn't work like that. You don't get to complain when plant your back on my knees. I may be short(er) but I have long legs. I had about an inch between my knees and the seat in front of me when it was all the way up.

((Yes, this actually happened.))
Purp likes this.
kyr656 is offline  
#734 Old 08-31-2015, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
For the record, @danakscully64 and I are about 2,000 miles away, so there is no way I am the pain in her neck.
You know... this hasn't been ruled out yet, so don't be too confident in your statement.








Purp and LedBoots like this.
danakscully64 is offline  
#735 Old 08-31-2015, 12:21 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Naturebound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,608
Called in sick to work for the first time in one year. I am so totally exhausted and last night had an attack of horrid nausea. Still no appetite and still queasy and yet constantly hungry. Weird.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Naturebound is offline  
#736 Old 08-31-2015, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Called in sick to work for the first time in one year. I am so totally exhausted and last night had an attack of horrid nausea. Still no appetite and still queasy and yet constantly hungry. Weird.
I hope you feel better soon!



LedBoots and Naturebound like this.
danakscully64 is offline  
#737 Old 08-31-2015, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,793
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Called in sick to work for the first time in one year. I am so totally exhausted and last night had an attack of horrid nausea. Still no appetite and still queasy and yet constantly hungry. Weird.
Sorry to hear this. I hope you are better soon.
Naturebound likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#738 Old 08-31-2015, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular
 
karenlovessnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Home Sweet Home
Posts: 12,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Called in sick to work for the first time in one year. I am so totally exhausted and last night had an attack of horrid nausea. Still no appetite and still queasy and yet constantly hungry. Weird.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karenlovessnow is offline  
#739 Old 09-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
I had to wake up extra early to stand in line for over an hour for a parking permit for my University. The good news is I got one though, I'm glad they didn't run out!

I got an appointment with a PT for Friday morning. Yay, going to get better! Today is the first time I woke up not in as much pain, that's a plus. As long as I don't move a certain way, I'm golden. I want to see a PT because I know it's going to return.



karenlovessnow, Purp and LedBoots like this.
danakscully64 is offline  
#740 Old 09-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular
 
jessandreia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 1,616
Just got a new (used) car. Almost $500 per month for my car insurance.
Sure I'm under 25, but still, I have a clean record. I know Ontario has the highest insurance of any province, but can't help but feel like I'm being robbed.
Purp likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

jessandreia is offline  
#741 Old 09-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Just got a new (used) car. Almost $500 per month for my car insurance.
Sure I'm under 25, but still, I have a clean record. I know Ontario has the highest insurance of any province, but can't help but feel like I'm being robbed.
Whoa!!! Call around for a quote.



Purp likes this.
danakscully64 is offline  
#742 Old 09-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,793
VegNews has been issued out as a magazine, and I've been to 5 places that have sold it, and none of them has it. I may have to go in all the way to Seattle to pick it up.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#743 Old 09-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Naturebound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,608
Maybe this is the wrong thread to post this in, but I don't know where else to post just how heartbroken I am feeling. My beautiful little bird of seven years is almost gone. He is gravely ill. I am sitting with him right now, comforting him. He is just a tiny little bird, a society finch, one I acquired long before I was vegan. I will never have a caged bird again. He is my last little bird. And he is old and now he is dying.

He kept me company every single day for years. He would always look at me when I talked to him about my day, or when I was trying on a million clothes in front of my bedroom mirror and never happy with my body. He would look at me and smile with that little twinkle he did with his eyes and show interest in what I was going to try on next. I bring him to every room I am spending substantial time in, bring his cage in there so I can be with him. He saw me through three intense years of school and studying. Saw me through my job interview, my certification exam, my recovery from a terrible relapse into ED. Always he was there to listen.

I brought him outside too, many many times, and all the tiny neighborhood birds...black capped chickadees, warblers, goldfinches, hummingbirds, chipping sparrows...would fly up to his cage and stare at him for the longest time, curious about this little critter who was the same size as them but so different, and maybe a threat to them. He would stand his ground and defend his turf. My beautiful little bird. I never had a name for him other than little bird. I just could never find one suitable. He outlived his mates, and he is my last little birdie.

He never asked for much. He loves grass, loved dandelion leaves and lettuces, especially right from outside or in the garden. His mate used to build nests with the dried grass I would give them, but my little birdie doesn't do that now. But he would fly up to the edge of the cage when I would stick grass through the bars and he would take it from m y hand. My beautiful little bird. A little bit of my is dying with him. But soon he will be free forever. It's funny, because when my dog Sable and my husband were not around, I would open his cage and let him come out and fly around, but he never seemed interested in coming out. Even when his mate was around, they didn't come out much. He liked to sit in front of his mirror though, and sometimes inside his wooden box my husband made for him.

So I sit here and cry and and feel so helpless for my beautiful little bird. Life is hard enough and I feel so lonely and I just want his pain to stop but I want him to stay around just a little longer. Just a little longer....
Purp, mecanna and no whey jose like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Naturebound is offline  
#744 Old 09-04-2015, 08:27 PM
No flesh since 99'
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 959
Oh Naturebound, my heart is absolutely breaking for you You gave "little bird" a wonderful life. He never knew the life of a wild bird but what he did know was love, compassion, trust and companionship in your care. He will pass knowing he is and will always be loved.

Kiwibird08 is offline  
#745 Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Maybe this is the wrong thread to post this in, but I don't know where else to post just how heartbroken I am feeling. My beautiful little bird of seven years is almost gone. He is gravely ill. I am sitting with him right now, comforting him. He is just a tiny little bird, a society finch, one I acquired long before I was vegan. I will never have a caged bird again. He is my last little bird. And he is old and now he is dying.

He kept me company every single day for years. He would always look at me when I talked to him about my day, or when I was trying on a million clothes in front of my bedroom mirror and never happy with my body. He would look at me and smile with that little twinkle he did with his eyes and show interest in what I was going to try on next. I bring him to every room I am spending substantial time in, bring his cage in there so I can be with him. He saw me through three intense years of school and studying. Saw me through my job interview, my certification exam, my recovery from a terrible relapse into ED. Always he was there to listen.

I brought him outside too, many many times, and all the tiny neighborhood birds...black capped chickadees, warblers, goldfinches, hummingbirds, chipping sparrows...would fly up to his cage and stare at him for the longest time, curious about this little critter who was the same size as them but so different, and maybe a threat to them. He would stand his ground and defend his turf. My beautiful little bird. I never had a name for him other than little bird. I just could never find one suitable. He outlived his mates, and he is my last little birdie.

He never asked for much. He loves grass, loved dandelion leaves and lettuces, especially right from outside or in the garden. His mate used to build nests with the dried grass I would give them, but my little birdie doesn't do that now. But he would fly up to the edge of the cage when I would stick grass through the bars and he would take it from m y hand. My beautiful little bird. A little bit of my is dying with him. But soon he will be free forever. It's funny, because when my dog Sable and my husband were not around, I would open his cage and let him come out and fly around, but he never seemed interested in coming out. Even when his mate was around, they didn't come out much. He liked to sit in front of his mirror though, and sometimes inside his wooden box my husband made for him.

So I sit here and cry and and feel so helpless for my beautiful little bird. Life is hard enough and I feel so lonely and I just want his pain to stop but I want him to stay around just a little longer. Just a little longer....

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#746 Old 09-05-2015, 03:23 AM
Veggie Regular
 
karenlovessnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Home Sweet Home
Posts: 12,079
So sorry, Naturebound.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karenlovessnow is offline  
#747 Old 09-05-2015, 03:49 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Naturebound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,608
Thanks everyone. He passed away shortly after my post last night. At least he is not in pain anymore.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Naturebound is offline  
#748 Old 09-05-2015, 04:02 AM
Impeach the gangster
 
Capstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Thanks everyone. He passed away shortly after my post last night. At least he is not in pain anymore.
Very sorry sorry for your loss, Naturebound. I had zebra finches for many years. The last of them passed away over 5-years ago. They are so tiny, but can fill such a large part of your heart. May your little one fly free.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Capstan is offline  
#749 Old 09-05-2015, 04:39 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)
 
LedBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,394
So sorry for your loss, Naturebound. Animals that accompany us in our life journey leave such a gap when they move on.
LedBoots is offline  
#750 Old 09-05-2015, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator
 
no whey jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 2,671
I'm so terribly sorry, Nb. You gave that little bird a wonderful life and the kind of love that most birds never know. I'm certain that he loved you, too.
no whey jose is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off