The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 24 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 879Likes

#691 Old 08-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
I hope you both are feeling better soon, Scully and No whey.
Thank you. I'm feeling a lot better now. Yesterday was the turning point for me. I even got up and cooked dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
So today is my first day of law school, and I was informed there would be a lunch. Upon inquiring further, I was told there would be a vegan option. I kid you not, it was lettuce with a tomato in it. Wilted lettuce with brown edges and a mushy tomato. There was also Lay's potato chips, and a bottle of water.

If you are friends with me on Facebook, I have posted the pathetic photo.

Maybe I was spoiled in the Pacific Northwest, but this ****ing sucks.
It was such a glorious picture

Seriously though, that person should be fired.

Purp and no whey jose like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#692 Old 08-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
I think I just threw my back out lifting a footstool. It wasn't even heavy, I think I just lifted it incorrectly. Up until now, I've been going about my business as if I weren't pregnant, but I think today might be the day I have to slow down. I had just started my daily chores and now I'm stuck on the sofa looking at my messy flat. I am very particular about everything being in its place and this is driving me crazy!! I keep getting up to at least put the vacuum away, put the footstool back, do the dishes... but every time I stand, it hurts and I have to sit back down again. Grrrrrrr.
I feel for you! I so hated the last couple months of pregnancy. With my second I had horrid heartburn. Funny too that he has stomach issues.
When are you due? I suggest having plan a, b, c, and d!
#693 Old 08-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I feel for you! I so hated the last couple months of pregnancy. With my second I had horrid heartburn. Funny too that he has stomach issues.
Heartburn, I know it well.

He's due September 14th but he could really show up any day now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#694 Old 08-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Poo Pie Head

I hate it when I catch up with an old friend I hadn't seen online in years and when they ask me what's new and in an entire paragraph about what's new in my life I also have the words "vegan 3 years" that they then just focus on that. Seriously, this one (now former) friend immediately told me that I have to eat meat and that I need meat. Then she told me she would be OK with it if I didn't try to "convert her". When I called her out on being a hypocrite for trying to convince me to give up my ethics, she kept saying she didn't want to talk about this issue, but immediately would include some negative comment in the same message about veganism, or something "positive" about meat eating. Right as I was dropping her as a friend, she told me I could be "as crazy as I want, as long as I don't bring it up again" and then recalled a story about how she used to slaughter cows on the farm she grew up with and how they "didn't suffer", and that I shouldn't feel guilty and "eat normal food".

GRRRRR!

Sorry for the rant.

Also, been awhile since I have been on here, I hope everypony is doin' better than I.
Purp and no whey jose like this.
#695 Old 08-17-2015, 05:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKat View Post
I hate it when I catch up with an old friend I hadn't seen online in years and when they ask me what's new and in an entire paragraph about what's new in my life I also have the words "vegan 3 years" that they then just focus on that. Seriously, this one (now former) friend immediately told me that I have to eat meat and that I need meat. Then she told me she would be OK with it if I didn't try to "convert her". When I called her out on being a hypocrite for trying to convince me to give up my ethics, she kept saying she didn't want to talk about this issue, but immediately would include some negative comment in the same message about veganism, or something "positive" about meat eating. Right as I was dropping her as a friend, she told me I could be "as crazy as I want, as long as I don't bring it up again" and then recalled a story about how she used to slaughter cows on the farm she grew up with and how they "didn't suffer", and that I shouldn't feel guilty and "eat normal food".

GRRRRR!

Sorry for the rant.

Also, been awhile since I have been on here, I hope everypony is doin' better than I.
Hi Shadowcat! Nice to see you!

It really sucks when people can't respect your choice to be vegan and be at least a little supportive. Honestly, how can people criticize someone for living a lifestyle when they haven't even spoken to that person in so long? I have had that happen to me too. Ugh.
Purp and ShadowKat like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#696 Old 08-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Shadowkat! I'm really glad you're back!
Purp and ShadowKat like this.
#697 Old 08-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Why did I not know you had children silva?

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#698 Old 08-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Heartburn, I know it well.

He's due September 14th but he could really show up any day now.
No! Keep that baby in! He needs to grow more

LedBoots likes this.
#699 Old 08-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Why did I not know you had children silva?
I don't mention them that often. They're 21 and 25 now, the older one still with me. they're both such great people, at completely opposite ends of the personality spectrum!
#700 Old 08-18-2015, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't mention them that often. They're 21 and 25 now, the older one still with me. they're both such great people, at completely opposite ends of the personality spectrum!
Not sure if there are any Peep Show fans here, but for some reason this reminded me of a scene where one of the characters who we've known for several seasons suddenly casually mentions that he has twins, having never brought them up in conversation before.

"The twins, I'm always going on about me twins."

"I don't believe you've ever previously mentioned the twins..."

https://youtu.be/mUNvDRAYJfo
Naturebound likes this.
#701 Old 08-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
#702 Old 08-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Today's lunch: Pizza. Cheese or Cheese and Pepperoni.

Why does the meal coordinator here hate vegans? ****ing *******s.
no whey jose likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#703 Old 08-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Time to pack a PB&J!

I will say: Offering no option is better than what you got yesterday

no whey jose likes this.
#704 Old 08-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
Time to pack a PB&J!

I brought some McDougal's Noodles today, tomorrow I'm bringing dinner leftovers.

It just totally screwed up my shopping because they told me explicitly that there would be vegan options. I am on a harsher budget than I have ever been in my life, I don't even have internet at home, or TV or basic furniture and i had counted on them providing lunch this week. So now i am eating half my dinner tonight soI can have lunch tomorrow, because god knows what swill they are going to try to pass off as vegan.

/grumpy

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#705 Old 08-18-2015, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I brought some McDougal's Noodles today, tomorrow I'm bringing dinner leftovers.

It just totally screwed up my shopping because they told me explicitly that there would be vegan options. I am on a harsher budget than I have ever been in my life, I don't even have internet at home, or TV or basic furniture and i had counted on them providing lunch this week. So now i am eating half my dinner tonight soI can have lunch tomorrow, because god knows what swill they are going to try to pass off as vegan.

/grumpy
I would definitely talk to someone about this!

#706 Old 08-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agree. It's unacceptable. Is there someone you could approach about the lunch options?
Purp likes this.
#707 Old 08-18-2015, 03:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:

Quote:
Time to pack a PB&J!

Quote:

/grumpy
Quote:
Quote:
I agree. It's unacceptable. Is there someone you could approach about the lunch options?
Please say yes, or else PM me your address so I can send you some real food. Oh, and if you want me to, I'll walk from the Seattle area to Michigan just to, uh... The meal coordinator.
River and no whey jose like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#708 Old 08-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Tomorrow's the last day of it, so I'm just going to ride it out.

This never would have happened in Washington -_-
Purp likes this.

Quote:
#709 Old 08-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Well... s***! I ordered a pizza online from a store that does vegan pizza, and forgot to click the "no cheese" option. Only noticed when I opened the box. Unfortunately, it was too expensive (over $20) for me to just not eat it, and I know no one else at this house will want it.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#710 Old 08-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Veggie Regular

And I'm done with it after 3 small slices. Not liking the taste of cheese in my mouth very much.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#711 Old 08-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Well... s***! I ordered a pizza online from a store that does vegan pizza, and forgot to click the "no cheese" option. Only noticed when I opened the box. Unfortunately, it was too expensive (over $20) for me to just not eat it, and I know no one else at this house will want it.
Ugh, something similar happened to me once. I spent my last $20 on delivery from a Thai restaurant but forgot to type "no egg" in the fried rice. I had no other food and was so hungry, so I tried to eat it anyway. I took a couple of spoonfuls and just couldn't do it. I threw the rest away. That awful egg taste wouldn't leave my mouth!
jessandreia likes this.
#712 Old 08-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

So, what was today's vegan special? A piece of corn?

Purp, LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
#713 Old 08-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Beginner

Picked up my colleagues cup of tea at work today and took a mouthful. Realised instantly it had milk in

Obviously it's not a big deal but I was so annoyed.
#714 Old 08-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I know it's quite common to put milk in tea, but the idea of it disgusts me (and not because of ethics).

#715 Old 08-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
I know it's quite common to put milk in tea, but the idea of it disgusts me (and not because of ethics).
It really only works with strong black tea. Milk in green, white, or fruity tea would just be weird.
danakscully64 likes this.
#716 Old 08-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

I only like almond milk in spicy chais, but usually it's green or rooibos.
I like vanilla almond in rooibos

once i tried almond milk in hibiscus/rosehip tea. It curdled and looked really nasty, but tasted pretty good!
#717 Old 08-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I love Silk creamer in my tea...and coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#718 Old 08-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:

Quote:
Naw, nothing that good. one piece of stale bread with some peanut butter on it, more likely.
River likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#719 Old 08-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Naw, nothing that good. one piece of stale bread with some peanut butter on it, more likely.
It was the lettuce thing again. -_-

I did meet another vegetarian who likewise decided to bring her own lunch.

Quote:
#720 Old 08-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
It was the lettuce thing again. -_-

I did meet another vegetarian who likewise decided to bring her own lunch.
That isn't comforting at all. At least there's another vegetarian so the two of you can gang up on this goombah and kick his...knee.
LedBoots likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page