The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 21 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 879Likes

#601 Old 07-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
I have another Facebook gripe My cousin is a conservative and just posted a picture about how adults pay for their own mortgage, education, phones, birth control, etc. She had her first car paid ($30,000) by her Dad. Her Dad paid for half of her education, she lived with him rent free, she didn't work through college so he paid for everything for her, and when she went to sign a loan for a car, he put the loan under his name while she cosigned. She talked about getting a house and putting her Dad on it too . That's being an adult? She's 27. She needs to check her privilege.
Quote:
Extremely self righteous! It's just sad because this is the cousin who was the Maid of Honor at my wedding. I love her, but she's so ignorant.
danakscully64 likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#602 Old 07-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Why does the french word for vegan need to be sooo similar to the word for vegetarian?

Vegetarian = végétarien(ne)
Vegan = végétalien(ne)

Oy. Asking for vegan options in a french town is not always easy- especially when you only speak a little french. I almost always resort to saying I'm a strict vegetarian- I don't eat milk or eggs (etc.).
#603 Old 07-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I love her, but she's so ignorant.
I hope you aren't planning for any of your relatives going veggie, otherwise they'll find out about your posts over here
Purp and leedsveg like this.

The earth has enough resources for everyones need but not their greed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#604 Old 07-08-2015, 01:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
I hope you aren't planning for any of your relatives going veggie, otherwise they'll find out about your posts over here
Besides Crazy Aunt Purp, anyway.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#605 Old 07-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
We complain so much here, I'm sure my post will be buried in a week

Purp, LedBoots and leedsveg like this.
#606 Old 07-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know why I'm so tired this evening. I've actually been sleeping the last month or so, and even caught up over this past weekend with some extra sleep. I should be well rested, but I'm just dead tired much earlier than usual tonight.

--Fromper
#607 Old 07-14-2015, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

My cat has worms

Purp likes this.
#608 Old 07-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
My cat has worms
Oh no! Which one?
Purp likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#609 Old 07-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Oh no! Which one?
Emma. We think it's tapeworms. She has a vet appointment at 3. You know how much I love getting my cats into carriers and taking them to the vet I hope she doesn't think we're driving across the country again, I think the cats are scarred from that.

Purp likes this.
#610 Old 07-14-2015, 09:04 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Emma. We think it's tapeworms. She has a vet appointment at 3. You know how much I love getting my cats into carriers and taking them to the vet I hope she doesn't think we're driving across the country again, I think the cats are scarred from that.
Keep us updated, please?
Tom and Purp like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#611 Old 07-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
My cat has worms
Sorry to hear that.
Tom likes this.

#612 Old 07-14-2015, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Keep us updated, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Sorry to hear that.
Emma has tapeworms, but was given a single dose pill that should fix that They found evidence of a tiny amount of fleas too, so both cats will be on medication for that.

#613 Old 07-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Emma has tapeworms, but was given a single dose pill that should fix that They found evidence of a tiny amount of fleas too, so both cats will be on medication for that.
I'm sorry danakscully. :/ Our dog had hook worm and took meds for it and she is fine now. Those things are very curable. It's good you had her checked out!
Purp likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#614 Old 07-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
You're such a good mom!
Tom and Purp like this.

#615 Old 07-14-2015, 11:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, but glad she's on the mend.

#616 Old 07-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I'm sorry danakscully. :/ Our dog had hook worm and took meds for it and she is fine now. Those things are very curable. It's good you had her checked out!
Quote:
You're such a good mom!
Quote:
Sorry to hear that, but glad she's on the mend.
Thanks everyone. She seems fine, she wasn't losing weight or anything. She's chasing Lilly around the house right now, so I know the medicine didn't harm her

The vet said she could lose 2-3 pounds. I think she's perfect the way she is!

Naturebound likes this.
#617 Old 07-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

I dropped a can on my big toe and it still hurts, hours later.

#618 Old 07-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

I don't talk about this on VB much but the people in my life are probably sick of hearing about it.

I HATE having an anxiety disorder. And I especially hate how it mostly manifests in physical symptoms because my stupid brain doesn't like to deal with things directly. I get all kinds of bizarre aches and pains, muscle tightness, chest soreness, spasms, shortness of breath etc and I always think there must be something seriously wrong with me and then when I try to Google it anxiety is almost always the top result.

I've been dealing with anxiety my whole life but it's only over the past year or so that I started getting all these physical symptoms. I've probably gone to the doctor more in the past year than I have in my entire life and at this point they just think I'm crazy and try to put me on anti-depressants when honestly I just want to double check that the things I'm feeling aren't more serious than they are. Around Christmas I was constantly feeling like I couldn't breathe and had to gasp for air and would get stabbing chest pains and since I used to smoke I was worried I had seriously damaged my lungs and had early onset COPD but after getting checked out thoroughly a few times it was discovered my lung capacity is actually good for someone my age and I was just having panic attacks without realizing that's what they were. Once they did a spirometer test and showed me my levels were good it was never such a problem again because when it happened i realized what it was and was able to talk myself down without worrying it must mean something is wrong with me.

Right now my face is tight, and it's been feeling weird for several weeks now. It's just on the left side and it feels like I'm constantly tensing the corner of my mouth and it's being pulled down and I can't relax the muscles no matter how hard I try. I try to consciously relax my face and then a few seconds later I realize I'm doing the same thing again and it feels like that whole side of my face is just going to droop and sag from me constantly tensing the muscles. I was worried it was Bell's Palsy or a stroke or something at first but I googled it and lo and behold one of the top results is anxiety and a bunch of other people describing the same experience right down to the paranoia about it being a stroke.

I'm just sick of obsessing over things at this point. I want my brain back.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#619 Old 07-15-2015, 11:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
I dropped a can on my big toe and it still hurts, hours later.
Feel better, @danakscully64 .
Tom likes this.

#620 Old 07-15-2015, 11:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I don't talk about this on VB much but the people in my life are probably sick of hearing about it.

I HATE having an anxiety disorder. And I especially hate how it mostly manifests in physical symptoms because my stupid brain doesn't like to deal with things directly. I get all kinds of bizarre aches and pains, muscle tightness, chest soreness, spasms, shortness of breath etc and I always think there must be something seriously wrong with me and then when I try to Google it anxiety is almost always the top result.

I've been dealing with anxiety my whole life but it's only over the past year or so that I started getting all these physical symptoms. I've probably gone to the doctor more in the past year than I have in my entire life and at this point they just think I'm crazy and try to put me on anti-depressants when honestly I just want to double check that the things I'm feeling aren't more serious than they are. Around Christmas I was constantly feeling like I couldn't breathe and had to gasp for air and would get stabbing chest pains and since I used to smoke I was worried I had seriously damaged my lungs and had early onset COPD but after getting checked out thoroughly a few times it was discovered my lung capacity is actually good for someone my age and I was just having panic attacks without realizing that's what they were. Once they did a spirometer test and showed me my levels were good it was never such a problem again because when it happened i realized what it was and was able to talk myself down without worrying it must mean something is wrong with me.

Right now my face is tight, and it's been feeling weird for several weeks now. It's just on the left side and it feels like I'm constantly tensing the corner of my mouth and it's being pulled down and I can't relax the muscles no matter how hard I try. I try to consciously relax my face and then a few seconds later I realize I'm doing the same thing again and it feels like that whole side of my face is just going to droop and sag from me constantly tensing the muscles. I was worried it was Bell's Palsy or a stroke or something at first but I googled it and lo and behold one of the top results is anxiety and a bunch of other people describing the same experience right down to the paranoia about it being a stroke.

I'm just sick of obsessing over things at this point. I want my brain back.
I'm sorry this is happening to you. You're in my prayers.

#621 Old 07-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm sorry this is happening to you. You're in my prayers.
Thank you. Just being able to rant about it helps.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#622 Old 07-16-2015, 02:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I'm sorry too! I always think I am the only one in the world with terrible anxiety issues. I feel like I am going to vomit most of the day from it. So it surprises me when such a long time member of VB who always shares such fun and unusual stuff here suffers such a terrible disorder too. HUGS
Purp likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#623 Old 07-16-2015, 03:32 AM

Cool When People Ask----> Where do you get your protein?

My classic answer............What is protein?.........Most don't know
Purp and Naturebound like this.

Delicious Food Meets Wonderful Health...Discover Yumminess @ Delectable Vegan Food

#624 Old 07-16-2015, 05:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
You're in my thoughts too, WwG.

Lv
Purp likes this.
#625 Old 07-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can sympathize. While my anxiety isn't that bad, I've had dozens of panic attacks over the years and they are not fun. I'm sorry you're going through this.

#626 Old 07-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for all the support guys! I'm having a much better day today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I'm sorry too! I always think I am the only one in the world with terrible anxiety issues. I feel like I am going to vomit most of the day from it. So it surprises me when such a long time member of VB who always shares such fun and unusual stuff here suffers such a terrible disorder too. HUGS
I'm so sorry to hear you deal with this too. It is kind of an invisible illness, only those closest to me can really tell when I'm going through a bad spell. I've actually been told many times that I have a very calming presence and I seem so relaxed whenever a disaster happens. Apparently my years of trying to act normal have paid off, haha.

That's why it's so important to be kind to people, you never know what they may be going through in their personal life. It's good to know we're not alone and other people understand what it's like.
Tom likes this.

#627 Old 07-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can sympathize. While my anxiety isn't that bad, I've had dozens of panic attacks over the years and they are not fun. I'm sorry you're going through this.
Thank you, and I'm sorry to hear about your panic attacks.

#628 Old 07-17-2015, 05:23 PM

People saying "mines," and that this makes me irrationally ...irate. Other random shortening of words that are not commonly used. "Send me the electrons." I cannot; I do not have a spare proton. "The electronic file!" ...um, then say that, rather than "the electrons" because no one says that or knows what you're talking about when you do. Obsessive and excessive carbon copying. These lead me to rapidly apply my head to my desk, and require additional units of beer.
Purp likes this.
#629 Old 07-17-2015, 05:24 PM

OH, and telcon. Telcon. Seriously, just say "when we spoke on the phone" or even just "when we spoke." For the sake of all that is holy!!!!
Purp likes this.
#630 Old 07-17-2015, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmabacados View Post
OH, and telcon. Telcon. Seriously, just say "when we spoke on the phone" or even just "when we spoke." For the sake of all that is holy!!!!
That definitely excludes me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page