The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 19 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

#541 Old 06-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

^ Good one!
Purp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 Old 06-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Beginner

Foster Farms ads!? On veggieboards!? That moves me... to anger. I was about to try to make a joke about all the coffee I'm drinking today, and other kinds of movements, but I won't go there.
#543 Old 06-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPigeon Swarmx View Post
Foster Farms ads!? On veggieboards!? That moves me... to anger. I was about to try to make a joke about all the coffee I'm drinking today, and other kinds of movements, but I won't go there.
You can report inappropriate ads here:
https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/10...vbulletin.html

I also have moved this past year! long story, but I moved before selling my old house. If I tried, I'd never move. Bought a 1926 house in an old neighborhood, close to my job, and very walkable. Loving it!
I am quite tight on funds..., but once I sell, it will feel very, very good
karenlovessnow and Purp like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#544 Old 06-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Daughter moved this past Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purp likes this.
#545 Old 06-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Luckily, I'm only moving 17 miles, but it's still a big deal to move that much stuff from one place to another. I've accumulated some furniture since the last time I moved, on top of all the other stuff.

--Fromper
Purp likes this.
#546 Old 06-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
You can report inappropriate ads here:
https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/10...vbulletin.html

I also have moved this past year! long story, but I moved before selling my old house. If I tried, I'd never move. Bought a 1926 house in an old neighborhood, close to my job, and very walkable. Loving it!
I am quite tight on funds..., but once I sell, it will feel very, very good
Oooo, I hope your house is haunted. Every old house should have a ghost. Now this topic is even more moving then it was before.
danakscully64 likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#547 Old 06-08-2015, 03:01 AM
Veggie Regular

My sister-in-law made me a vegan meal yesterday, which was awesome of her. It was stuffed peppers with couscous and it was lovely... BUT she also bought some stuff called "Sheese" which is a vegan cheese substitute, and that stuff was awful. Vegan cheese really needs to step up its game! I felt embarrassed for vegans when everyone looked at the weird grayish shreds that didn't melt in the oven. We scraped them off the top of our peppers. Anyone else tried Sheese?
#548 Old 06-08-2015, 03:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I managed to dent my new car yesterday as I slowly reversed into a truck behind me. Truck was ok but I have a dent in the bumper = $300? damage I guess. Thank heavens I have a camera that shows what's behind me when I reverse...
#549 Old 06-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Car bumper repaired and it's very hard to tell where the dent had been. A new bumper would have cost $1000. The repair man refused to take any money at all. I probably look a sorry case.
#550 Old 06-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Oooo, I hope your house is haunted. Every old house should have a ghost. Now this topic is even more moving then it was before.
I have 10 cats and from day one they've been loving it! No fights, no shows of superiority. There is a stairwell they've made their own- like a cat version of a tree house! It's so much smaller, but it's open. No twists and turns and hiding behind corners.
I did think about it being haunted...
Purp likes this.
#551 Old 06-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
I managed to dent my new car yesterday as I slowly reversed into a truck behind me. Truck was ok but I have a dent in the bumper = $300? damage I guess. Thank heavens I have a camera that shows what's behind me when I reverse...
I think cars have a far greater chance of damage brand new and goes down every year.
So glad you got lucky with the body work!
#552 Old 06-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Car bumper repaired and it's very hard to tell where the dent had been. A new bumper would have cost $1000. The repair man refused to take any money at all. I probably look a sorry case.
Lol sometimes if they can just pop the dent out, they won't charge.
#553 Old 06-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
My sister-in-law made me a vegan meal yesterday, which was awesome of her. It was stuffed peppers with couscous and it was lovely... BUT she also bought some stuff called "Sheese" which is a vegan cheese substitute, and that stuff was awful. Vegan cheese really needs to step up its game! I felt embarrassed for vegans when everyone looked at the weird grayish shreds that didn't melt in the oven. We scraped them off the top of our peppers. Anyone else tried Sheese?
I haven't, but the reasons you described right now is exactly why I won't eat any vegan cheese I heard Chao is great, but I haven't tried it yet.

no whey jose likes this.
#554 Old 06-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
That's awesome! I scratched my car shortly after buying it (it's a little larger than my previous car) and because it's dark blue, it was very visible. The Hyundai dealership guy in sales touched it up for me and gave me a little stick of paint for future damage

#555 Old 06-09-2015, 02:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
That's awesome! I scratched my car shortly after buying it (it's a little larger than my previous car) and because it's dark blue, it was very visible. The Hyundai dealership guy in sales touched it up for me and gave me a little stick of paint for future damage
When the repairer told me a new bumper would cost $1000, I asked what the purpose of a bumper was. He said "to absorb impact". I said "fair enough" thinking that's ok if you're travelling over 25 mph, but all my collisions over the last 48 years have been below 10 mph. Mind you, who knows what my speed will be for the invariable next one...?
#556 Old 06-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
When the repairer told me a new bumper would cost $1000, I asked what the purpose of a bumper was. He said "to absorb impact". I said "fair enough" thinking that's ok if you're travelling over 25 mph, but all my collisions over the last 48 years have been below 10 mph. Mind you, who knows what my speed will be for the invariable next one...?
Stay safe!

#557 Old 06-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Stay safe!
I'm sure I'll die in when I'm asleep. I only hope that I'm not driving at the time...
Capstan likes this.
#558 Old 06-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Impeach the gangster

Have you seen that movie, Driving Mister leedsveg?
Purp likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#559 Old 06-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I'm sure I'll die in when I'm asleep. I only hope that I'm not driving at the time...
I'm reminded of the old joke, "I hope I die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus."

--Fromper
Purp likes this.
#560 Old 06-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Impeach the gangster

My bike has a flat tire.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#561 Old 06-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Quote:
I haven't, but the reasons you described right now is exactly why I won't eat any vegan cheese I heard Chao is great, but I haven't tried it yet.
Haven't tried Sheesh or Chao, but Daiya is
no whey jose likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#562 Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Haven't tried Sheesh or Chao, but Daiya is
Not a fan of Daiya at all. It was... gooey.

Purp likes this.
#563 Old 06-10-2015, 01:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Not a fan of Daiya at all. It was... gooey.
Darn. Well, I haven't found a vegan cheese that doesn't have soy (a family members allergy) that is good, so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

#564 Old 06-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Darn. Well, I haven't found a vegan cheese that doesn't have soy (a family members allergy) that is good, so I'm afraid I'm not much help.
I'm not supposed to eat soy either, so I understand. I'd rather have no cheese than gooey

Purp likes this.
#565 Old 06-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Women judging other women's bodies.
mecanna and no whey jose like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#566 Old 06-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

This thread always seems active when I'm happy that...and the I'm happy that thread is active when I have gripes....

I get ticked when I advance the motion sensed towel dispenser in the work breakroom before I wash my hands and someone comes up and tears it off and doesn't advance it! This seems to happen everyday.
#567 Old 06-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
This thread always seems active when I'm happy that...and the I'm happy that thread is active when I have gripes....

I get ticked when I advance the motion sensed towel dispenser in the work breakroom before I wash my hands and someone comes up and tears it off and doesn't advance it! This seems to happen everyday.
I didn't know that was a thing!
#568 Old 06-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
I didn't know that was a thing!
Yeah, you wave your hand in front of it and it realises a length of paper towel to tear off. It takes a bit, so I'll activate it before washing my hands. Someone often comes behind me, tears off the towel and with a couple exceptions, doesn't advance it for me. They'll even see me do it!

The 16 jar spice bin I got really cheap doesn't have a lot of spices I often use. I'm still happy about it- it was originally 69.99 and I got it for 11.50, but - this is the gripe thread, so..
Purp likes this.
#569 Old 06-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

For anyone planning a move to or from the Chicago area: NEVER use Olympia Moving. Nuff said.

--Fromper
Purp likes this.
#570 Old 06-30-2015, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
For anyone planning a move to or from the Chicago area: NEVER use Olympia Moving. Nuff said.

--Fromper
Thanks for the tip. What should we do if we move to Chicago??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page