Why are you up so freaking late? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Zelda Freak

It's 1am in PDX and I'm still up. Not doing anything fun though. Just boring old work stuff - blah.

I was hoping the next late nighter might be having way more fun than me. Like maybe you got some awesome organic beer, and then started playing Zelda and couldn't stop. Or maybe you just got home from a cool concert. 

So, are you having fun? Why are you up late? 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I've always been a sporadic insomniac and my sleep schedule gets thrown off easily. I got sick on Saturday and then wound up sleeping for a bunch of Sunday. That threw me way off. 

ETA: Oh and I'm having medium amounts of fun. Finally starting to recover from this flu. 

#3 Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 AM

Always been an insomniac. Now I work night audit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Because i make my own working hours. And like the silence of the night.

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#5 Old 02-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Banned

I am pretty sure I have a reverse sleep cycle and I am up most of the night. I usually go to sleep around 3-4 AM or later. It is weird. It doesn't really matter so I haven't bothered to try to sleep at normal times. Um, I am usually looking at recipes, reading emails, looking at boards, and watching TV. Pretty boring stuff. I haven't been able to get back into my crafts as I have been in a f*ck it mood here lately.

#6 Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Not exactly sure what's going on but I've been waking up around 3am-4am about four times a week for the last couple weeks. I think it's anxiety.

#7 Old 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

Not exactly sure what's going on but I've been waking up around 3am-4am about four times a week for the last couple weeks. I think it's anxiety.

That sucks. I've done that too. The only thing that works is to make a to-do list (I'm always busy). Gets stuff out of my head and onto paper where it stays put. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#8 Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 PM

I've just gotten into a few TV series and...

... lately I've been checking my torrents when I wake up at 4 or 5am to pee, next thing I know I'm online for half an hour before I go back to sleep... Not a healthy habit...
#9 Old 02-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Haha Joel I do that too. As in I put 5-6 torrents on before I go to bed, and then (because every night I have to get up for the loo) end up going online for an hour at 4am because I decided to check if something is finished. 

#10 Old 02-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Speaking about torrent, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty rtorrent is the lightest and quickest client with no possible concurent in terms of custom configuration, althought definitely not as straightfoward as Transmission, especially for the ipfilter and proxies. + melt it with a black wallpaper, green fonts, and with a similarly configured IRC next to it everybody will think that you are working hard on some coding while your are just being lazy. Bonus points for playing dwarf fortress on the same screen. Warning : can keep you awake at night.

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#11 Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Beginner

I'm up late reading about living on the road full time.

#12 Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been a night owl since I was a young kid. It kinda sucked for school back then but it sure comes in handy working 2nd shift.

#13 Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingtosee View Post

I'm up late reading about living on the road full time.

Hey, I used to stay up late doing that too! 

Right now I'm just up late working... much, much less exciting. I'm also thinking about dinner, because I forgot to eat it. I worked right through food time. Thinking about making noodles and veggies. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#14 Old 03-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I was up late last night watching Man U v Real Madrid. We lost, after a red card that shouldn't have been a red card :(.

Today is coping with the tiredness and hoping for an earlyish night (though knowing me that will be 1am).

#15 Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohom View Post

I was up late last night watching Man U v Real Madrid. We lost, after a red card that shouldn't have been a red card :(.

Today is coping with the tiredness and hoping for an earlyish night (though knowing me that will be 1am).

Ate you a Manchester United fan? I root for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers American footbal team, owned by the same ...Glazers...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page