Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 94 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#2791 Old 06-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

I spent a good bit of time writing in respose to that stupid "NO girls allowed " thread, accidentally erased it, wrote some more, and was kicked off when I tried to send it- appartently it's removed. Not to say I'm not glad it 's gone, just p'sd I missed the last words
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2792 Old 06-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I spent a good bit of time writing in respose to that stupid "NO girls allowed " thread, accidentally erased it, wrote some more, and was kicked off when I tried to send it- appartently it's removed. Not to say I'm not glad it 's gone, just p'sd I missed the last words
Haha! Good riddance, though. I see that the OP is gone, too.
#2793 Old 06-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry about the wasted time, silva! I do think it's best that thread and the OP are gone, though.

VB is supposed to be a fun, safe place! We don't need that kind of toxicity messing with our good vibes.
Tom, Capstan, Purp and 2 others like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2794 Old 06-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Sorry about that silva, I know how you feel. I spent a lot of time yesterday composing posts, a long one of which disappeared into thin air, and the others, by the time I'd completed them, had been overtaken and made superfluous by fresh posts from other members.

I should have used my "mod powers" and locked the related thread to stop others posting before I did...
Purp and no whey jose like this.
#2795 Old 07-19-2015, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

I've been doing really great transitioning to an almost completely vegan diet. At home is easy, it's when I go out where it can be a challenge. This is the best I've ever done with it. I'm so lucky to have a local Co Op that has Field Roast Chao cheese (absolutely amazing and I HATE all other vegan cheese brands). I really should be avoiding soy (it rips my stomach apart), but a little of the Chao doesn't do much to me. I want to eat nothing but Gardein fish sandwiches, but I might die if I keep doing that They have a lot of Field Roast products too (most are soy-free). The coconut ice cream has become much easier to find too lately. I have 4 awesome stores nearby that have many options for me. Hopefully I can keep this up

Tom, Werewolf Girl, Purp and 1 others like this.
#2796 Old 07-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
I've been doing really great transitioning to an almost completely vegan diet. At home is easy, it's when I go out where it can be a challenge. This is the best I've ever done with it. I'm so lucky to have a local Co Op that has Field Roast Chao cheese (absolutely amazing and I HATE all other vegan cheese brands). I really should be avoiding soy (it rips my stomach apart), but a little of the Chao doesn't do much to me. I want to eat nothing but Gardein fish sandwiches, but I might die if I keep doing that They have a lot of Field Roast products too (most are soy-free). The coconut ice cream has become much easier to find too lately. I have 4 awesome stores nearby that have many options for me. Hopefully I can keep this up
That's awesome! It's amazing all the vegan options that are popping up everywhere, it makes things so much easier.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2797 Old 07-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
That's awesome! It's amazing all the vegan options that are popping up everywhere, it makes things so much easier.
I know! Convenience has always been my #1 problem. Now that I'm not working, I have time to plan meals and shop. My freezer is full of premade meals and patties. I would cook more, but I've been having a lot of health issues lately. I will have insurance again soon

Some of the goodies I found here in Iowa:

Purp likes this.
#2798 Old 07-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Embracer of the Veggies

I got a promotion at my job and am now moving to Austin TX to work starting next month. All of this has me broker than the 10 commandments. Lol!! I am trying to pack which I hate and move in the weekend before I start. I am so excited. Who knew?!! Moving upwards in state government.
#2799 Old 07-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyjay View Post
I got a promotion at my job and am now moving to Austin TX to work starting next month. All of this has me broker than the 10 commandments. Lol!! I am trying to pack which I hate and move in the weekend before I start. I am so excited. Who knew?!! Moving upwards in state government.
Congratulations!! What member of State government, if you don't mind me asking?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2800 Old 07-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's awesome!!! Congrats!

I heard Austin has some pretty awesome veg-friendly places.

Purp likes this.
#2801 Old 07-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Impeach the gangster

Today I was reminded that 46-years ago, Buzz and Neil flew up off the Sea of Tranquility, to begin their journey home to Earth. Here's a remarkable film, which we didn't get to see back then, of their flight from the lunar surface.

https://youtu.be/FOV8xLGnUks
Tom, River, Purp and 1 others like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#2802 Old 07-21-2015, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
congrats! Sounds like you should be correcting your money shortage soon!
I just moved and also broke, but without a raise in sight. I've been shopping solely at Aldi--Till today when I found the kind of Target people here speak of!
I bought Gardein fishless fillets, and a 32 jar of Just Mayo. I now have to look the thread about how hard it is to open, cause yeah... Oh a four pack of aeseptic Rice Dream for $1.88
River and Ladyjay like this.
#2803 Old 07-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I am moving to the midwest on Monday :/

Why does moving have to cost SOOOOOOOOO much money?
Purp and LedBoots like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#2804 Old 07-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
I am moving to the midwest on Monday :/

Why does moving have to cost SOOOOOOOOO much money?
I know, it just cost us $5,000 to move :/ Between gas, the moving truck, movers, boxes, bubble wrap, and transporting my husband's car.

Purp likes this.
#2805 Old 07-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Impeach the gangster

It's cuz ya'll are Murkins.
Purp likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#2806 Old 07-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Embracer of the Veggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Congratulations!! What member of State government, if you don't mind me asking?

I work for the Department of Public Safety.
Purp likes this.
#2807 Old 07-21-2015, 07:12 PM
Embracer of the Veggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
That's awesome!!! Congrats!

I heard Austin has some pretty awesome veg-friendly places.
Thanks! I have a few veg places that I am going to check out already. There are also a lot of farmer's markets and co-op farms around too.
danakscully64 and Purp like this.
#2808 Old 07-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Impeach the gangster

I'm sad to report Theodore Bikel has passed away, at age 91. He originated the role of Captain Von Trapp in The Sound Of Music, and was famous for playing Tevye in Fiddler On The Roof on Broadway. He also had many key roles in film and TV. He was Zoltan Karpathy (that marvelous boy!) in My Fair Lady, the bumbling submarine captain in The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming, and was Lt. Worf's foster dad, Sergey Rozhenko, in "Star Trek." Rest in peace, good sir. You were a marvelous actor!
Tom, Purp, LedBoots and 1 others like this.

#2809 Old 07-22-2015, 08:08 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
I'm sad to report Theodore Bikel has passed away, at age 91. He originated the role of Captain Von Trapp in The Sound Of Music, and was famous for playing Tevye in Fiddler On The Roof on Broadway. He also had many key roles in film and TV. He was Zoltan Karpathy (that marvelous boy!) in My Fair Lady, the bumbling submarine captain in The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming, and was Lt. Worf's foster dad, Sergey Rozhenko, in "Star Trek." Rest in peace, good sir. You were a marvelous actor!
My mom had such a crush on him!
Purp likes this.
#2810 Old 07-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
My mom had such a crush on him!
He was great. He was also an accomplished folk singer, and released several albums. In the '50s, when they were first staging The Sound Of Music, when Rogers and Hammerstein learned he could both sing and play guitar, they specifically wrote the song, "Edelweiss," for him.
Purp likes this.

#2811 Old 09-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

https://youtu.be/9Nad2I5NWq8

This is so adorable I had to share it with you guys! Awww, I want to go watch a bunch of Sesame Street now...
danakscully64 and Naturebound like this.

Last edited by Werewolf Girl; 09-01-2015 at 04:16 PM.
#2812 Old 09-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:

This is so adorable I had to share it with you guys! Awww, I want to go watch a bunch of Sesame Street now...
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2813 Old 09-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

I love it!
Purp likes this.

#2814 Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 PM

I had once found Amys meatless soya patties at Kroges. I really loved them. Couldnt find it again
#2815 Old 09-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie_n2000 View Post
I had once found Amys meatless soya patties at Kroges. I really loved them. Couldnt find it again
Argh, that's frustrating! Maybe talk to the manager there and request them? Often stores will stock items if customers specifically ask for them.

#2816 Old 09-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I LOVED Sesame Street when I was a little kid in the early seventies. And The Electric Company too lol. And Alice, The Jeffersons, Archie Bunker, and I am embarrassed to admit but I liked Three's Company too lol. I miss John Ritter!
Purp likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2817 Old 09-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

...and then there's Maude!

I loved Mr. Rogers, as did my kids!
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2818 Old 09-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Mr Rogers was a lifelong vegetarian too!
Werewolf Girl, Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2819 Old 09-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Mr Rogers was a lifelong vegetarian too!
I only found that out around a year ago and it made me love him so much more, I used to watch Mr Rogers all the time when I was little.
River, Purp and LedBoots like this.

#2820 Old 09-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I have excellent news!! You all know the deserted island where only pigs live, and all the vegans are supposed to end up?? I found it!! Here!!
karenlovessnow likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page