Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 91 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#2701 Old 05-09-2015, 12:46 AM
Impeach the gangster

My kitty is just purr-fect.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2702 Old 05-09-2015, 03:33 AM
Veggie Regular

OK! The secret's out. I beamed in from the planet nochocpizza 61 years ago with a mission to learn the reason why earthlings are in love with such strange alimentation

There is joy and beauty in everything around us, just take time to see it!

#2703 Old 05-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherea View Post
OK! The secret's out. I beamed in from the planet nochocpizza 61 years ago with a mission to learn the reason why earthlings are in love with such strange alimentation
I knew it!
Purp and etherea like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2704 Old 05-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I just saw Age of Ultron last night and it was awesome! Has anyone else here seen it? My love for James Spader has been renewed...
I saw it on Thursday night. I love the Avengers movies. So much sexy.
Purp likes this.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#2705 Old 05-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

My niece, who was vegetarian for 25 years, has gone back to eating bacon. :'(

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2706 Old 05-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Wow... After so long, she decides to eat meat again? Why? That's sad.
Purp likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2707 Old 05-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Wow... After so long, she decides to eat meat again? Why? That's sad.
She said it was because you only live once and she really missed bacon... *passes @jessandreia an umbrella so she doesn't drown in my tears*

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2708 Old 05-10-2015, 02:56 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
She said it was because you only live once and she really missed bacon... *passes @jessandreia an umbrella so she doesn't drown in my tears*
Sorry, Purp. Maybe she will come to her senses, maybe something happened in her life, and she is acting out by eating bacon. If she says "you only live once" to you again, you could reply, "So do the pigs."
Purp likes this.

Last edited by LedBoots; 05-10-2015 at 06:21 AM.
#2709 Old 05-10-2015, 04:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm sorry Purp. I don't understand how a person can miss something after 25 years of not consuming it. ???
Purp likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2710 Old 05-10-2015, 04:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
There's a few reasons why people go veggie so I suppose there can be a few reasons why people decide to come out of it.
Purp likes this.
#2711 Old 05-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
WTF? You could use that as a justification for any immoral thing you want to do.

That must be very frustrating, sometimes I just don't get people.
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2712 Old 05-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Wow, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purp likes this.
#2713 Old 05-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

NOTE TO SELF: Roasted potato salad with cucumber dill Lodge dressing and Apple maple cinnamon rolls are a huge hit...remember that.

Carry on, nothing to see here. I'm just writing a note to myself.

#2714 Old 05-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

I'm SO tired... Not having any days off and working constantly is really starting to take its toll... Only 11 days to go before I'm done both my jobs and get to relax...
Purp likes this.

#2715 Old 05-11-2015, 08:09 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

sup sluts
LedBoots likes this.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#2716 Old 05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi @Kenickie ! How's it going?

#2717 Old 05-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Hi ladies and gentlemen! I'm still alive. Keeping extra busy with school, work, wedding planning, and getting ready to move to Iowa.

#2718 Old 05-13-2015, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
Hi ladies and gentlemen! I'm still alive. Keeping extra busy with school, work, wedding planning, and getting ready to move to Iowa.
You've got a lot on your plate right now! That's very exciting.

I actually have less on my plate now because my horrible second job is FINALLY almost done!!! I can't believe it, when I came into the office today I thought I'd have another week to go but thankfully everything came together much faster than expected (the desperation to be done probably helped speed things up, haha)

I just have to go to Staples tomorrow to print stuff, assemble a binder, burn some DVD's and then send it all off with FedEx and I'll be basically done besides a few small details. I'm so happy! No more hour and a half commute every morning, no more disorganized binders, no more waking up to 10 emails and a bunch of frantic phone calls about missing releases... I'll actually be a normal person and have time to do laundry and see the outside world. I'm going to be sooooooo lazy this weekend, it'll be my first days off in over a month and a half. I see a lot of Netflix and junk food in my future.
River and Purp like this.

#2719 Old 05-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You've got a lot on your plate right now! That's very exciting.

I actually have less on my plate now because my horrible second job is FINALLY almost done!!! I can't believe it, when I came into the office today I thought I'd have another week to go but thankfully everything came together much faster than expected (the desperation to be done probably helped speed things up, haha)

I just have to go to Staples tomorrow to print stuff, assemble a binder, burn some DVD's and then send it all off with FedEx and I'll be basically done besides a few small details. I'm so happy! No more hour and a half commute every morning, no more disorganized binders, no more waking up to 10 emails and a bunch of frantic phone calls about missing releases... I'll actually be a normal person and have time to do laundry and see the outside world. I'm going to be sooooooo lazy this weekend, it'll be my first days off in over a month and a half. I see a lot of Netflix and junk food in my future.
My life is nuts. My kitchen table has so much stuff on it, mostly paperwork. A mix of mail and wedding stuff. Without my lists, I would be useless right now

YAY!!!! I'm glad you're getting your life back.

Werewolf Girl, River and Purp like this.
#2720 Old 05-23-2015, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

This is what happens when you eat restaurant food all the time:

My total cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides are up. Not by much, but it's time to take control back over my diet.

karenlovessnow likes this.
#2721 Old 05-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

It's good you're keeping track! I should really do that, no idea what my cholesterol is looking like these days... I'm in serious need of a diet overhaul myself with all the stress eating I've been doing lately... Perhaps we should revive the monthly weight loss challenge threads to keep ourselves on track? I need someone to whip me into shape and keep me away from sweets, too bad I can't afford a personal trainer...
danakscully64 and Purp like this.

#2722 Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
It's good you're keeping track! I should really do that, no idea what my cholesterol is looking like these days... I'm in serious need of a diet overhaul myself with all the stress eating I've been doing lately... Perhaps we should revive the monthly weight loss challenge threads to keep ourselves on track? I need someone to whip me into shape and keep me away from sweets, too bad I can't afford a personal trainer...
Here you go, @Werewolf Girl .
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#2723 Old 05-26-2015, 02:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey, Mrs I don't like pizza or chocolate here. Well....................................someone bought me a very dark, not at all sweet, single source dark chocolate from the Dominican Republic and I think that I might like it. I am only having one square at night with my equally dark not sweet coffee but yeah.....................................

There is joy and beauty in everything around us, just take time to see it!

#2724 Old 05-26-2015, 05:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Mmm that sounds good. I like the really dark, somewhat bitter chocolate, myself.
LedBoots likes this.
#2725 Old 05-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

I used to hate the taste of dark chocolate but I actually enjoy it now, I find I've been enjoying more bitter tastes recently. I even kind of like beer now!
danakscully64 likes this.

#2726 Old 05-26-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Bacon - The Gateway Meat

I know more veg*ns than I care to think about that have gone back to meat by way of bacon. I'll admit to doing it myself a long time ago. The thought of bacon at this point in my life makes me feel sick. And I LOVED me some bacon!
Purp likes this.
#2727 Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've had bacon in my life.
Purp and LedBoots like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2728 Old 05-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

I got a delicious vegan cupcake for my birthday.

Sadly, Native Foods has changed the recipes on some of their meals. I'm disappointed, the nachos and ruben aren't as good as before

#2729 Old 05-26-2015, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Gorgeous cupcake, happy birthday!
Purp likes this.

#2730 Old 05-27-2015, 12:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Any more cupcakes left?!

Happy Birthday Danakscully.
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page