Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 74 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#2191 Old 05-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, I just got a call for ANOTHER interview. This time at a Starbucks in another grocery store. Meanwhile the lady at the job I was supposed to get just emailed me back saying they still don't need me but thanks for checking in. Life is funny sometimes... It's raining interviews for jobs I don't really want and I can't get the one I do want.
River, Purp and beanspud like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2192 Old 05-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I suppose it is at least something :/ I hope what you want turns up soon.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#2193 Old 05-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
I suppose it is at least something :/ I hope what you want turns up soon.
Thanks. I've been in worse situations before, I'm just cranky about it because it seems to be a cycle I'm in. I'll have a great contract job for a few months and make a bunch of money but then I'm unemployed for ages after. I just need to find something more stable, I know it exists!

How is your raw diet going?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2194 Old 05-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Thanks. I've been in worse situations before, I'm just cranky about it because it seems to be a cycle I'm in. I'll have a great contract job for a few months and make a bunch of money but then I'm unemployed for ages after. I just need to find something more stable, I know it exists!

How is your raw diet going?
Well, right now I am eating an Yves "Good Dog" if that tells you anything
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#2195 Old 05-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, right now I am eating an Yves "Good Dog" if that tells you anything
Haha, we're not so different you and I...

#2196 Old 05-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Good luck on the job hunt.

I think I should look for a new job myself. I am hardly getting any hours. That is good for school, but bad for life. We (bf and I) have to find a new place to live in a couple months. I am scared that when that time comes we will not have the money or we might have to move to a not so nice place or have a roommate.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#2197 Old 05-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post
Good luck on the job hunt.

I think I should look for a new job myself. I am hardly getting any hours. That is good for school, but bad for life. We (bf and I) have to find a new place to live in a couple months. I am scared that when that time comes we will not have the money or we might have to move to a not so nice place or have a roommate.
I feel ya, I wish all this life stuff was easier to deal with sometimes... Good luck and I hope things work out for you guys.

Also, I just got back from one interview and it went pretty well. I might end up either in the Starbucks kiosk or the bakery. Not a vegan bakery but considering my financial situation right now I may just have to deal with it.

And in cheerier news the trailer for that show I worked on called The Quest just came out!

It's so weird, it's a fantasy reality show. Like Lord of the Rings meets The Amazing Race I guess, they fight ogres and monsters but it's still "reality" TV because it's still a competition and that part is real. You can watch it here: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/13/the-quest-trailer/

Even though it's just reality TV it's still comforting to see something real I worked on when I have the threat of retail hell looming over me.

#2198 Old 05-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Veggie Regular

The coworker with whom I work the most closely told me today she's never seen me irritable, mad, or unreasonable. Granted, she's only had this position since January, and I think she doesn't count the things that make both of us mad.
#2199 Old 05-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
I feel ya, I wish all this life stuff was easier to deal with sometimes... Good luck and I hope things work out for you guys.

Also, I just got back from one interview and it went pretty well. I might end up either in the Starbucks kiosk or the bakery. Not a vegan bakery but considering my financial situation right now I may just have to deal with it.

And in cheerier news the trailer for that show I worked on called The Quest just came out!

It's so weird, it's a fantasy reality show. Like Lord of the Rings meets The Amazing Race I guess, they fight ogres and monsters but it's still "reality" TV because it's still a competition and that part is real. You can watch it here: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/13/the-quest-trailer/

Even though it's just reality TV it's still comforting to see something real I worked on when I have the threat of retail hell looming over me.
Very cool, WWG! I hope you find another assignment like that one soon.
#2200 Old 05-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I have an interview for a cashier position at a grocery store on Thursday. SIGH.

I'm so bitter, I was supposed to have a sweet work from home job that didn't end up panning out and besides a few small projects I haven't been finding any work in my field for ages. It's very frustrating, you'd think with the amount of experience and the good reputation I have at this point things would have gotten easier.

Meanwhile my boyfriend has landed his dream job working for an animation studio and while I'm happy for him it's hard not to be a little jealous, especially since we were both supposed to be getting new jobs around the same time but only his actually worked out.

Oh well, I'm still grateful at least one of us is doing well and I have a lot of other stuff to be grateful for too. Sometimes I just need to remind myself of that.
Hang in there, WG. This life ain't easy and it's been one hell of a roller coaster for me over the past few years. I'm learning to be glad for what I have, who I have, and whatever prospects lie beyond.

Though I've worked in my field for years (education), I can only say that out of the past six years, I really only enjoyed two of them (I mean, really enjoyed, liked going to work). Working in urban education is rough. So hopefully, now that I've taken a slight break from teaching in schools (I still teach, but online right now), I'll be refreshed for my teaching assignment abroad this fall.

Life is certainly about a bunch of risks. Some stuff I did worked out; and other times, things fell apart. I guess that's how it goes.

I came across this quote today by Jack London and it's really given me some perspective:

Quote:
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than it be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

~ Jack London
Aristede

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#2201 Old 05-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck, Werewolf Girl and Blondie.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2202 Old 05-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Impeach the gangster

Hi all.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#2203 Old 05-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

No, you may not have a cilantro shot made in place of a wheatgrass shot. They are not interchangeable, and you should have known it would taste like shiitake when you insisted on ordering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Hi all.
Hello.
#2204 Old 05-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post
Hang in there, WG. This life ain't easy and it's been one hell of a roller coaster for me over the past few years. I'm learning to be glad for what I have, who I have, and whatever prospects lie beyond.

Though I've worked in my field for years (education), I can only say that out of the past six years, I really only enjoyed two of them (I mean, really enjoyed, liked going to work). Working in urban education is rough. So hopefully, now that I've taken a slight break from teaching in schools (I still teach, but online right now), I'll be refreshed for my teaching assignment abroad this fall.

Life is certainly about a bunch of risks. Some stuff I did worked out; and other times, things fell apart. I guess that's how it goes.

I came across this quote today by Jack London and it's really given me some perspective:

Aristede
Those are some wise words, thank you Will.

Also I got a cashier job, I start on Tuesday. It's something at least, hopefully it will only be temporary.

Aaaaaand I just got back from Godzilla! It was a lot of fun, the monsters were a bit more adorable than I expected though.
River and Purp like this.

#2205 Old 05-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Hi all.

Quote:
Those are some wise words, thank you Will.

Also I got a cashier job, I start on Tuesday. It's something at least, hopefully it will only be temporary.

Aaaaaand I just got back from Godzilla! It was a lot of fun, the monsters were a bit more adorable than I expected though.
I'm glad you got something. I hope something in your area opens up, soon. Hang in there.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2206 Old 05-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

My birthday weekend is just about over. Vegan skyline chili, vegan margarita cupcakes, and great gifts were the celebration at my parents' house for me this evening.
Aristede and Werewolf Girl like this.
#2207 Old 05-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck to all the job hunters! My boyfriend is looking for a job as well.
#2208 Old 05-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

My friend Andi has a birthday present for me that she needs me to pick up in my car. Apparently it's too big to be biked over here. Hmmmm...
Purp likes this.
#2209 Old 05-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

It seems like the older I get, the less it feels like my birthday. Weird.

#2210 Old 05-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
It seems like the older I get, the less it feels like my birthday. Weird.
I think it's because the older we get, the less we bother to have fun on our birthday.

P.S. Happy Birthday!

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2211 Old 05-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
I think it's because the older we get, the less we bother to have fun on our birthday.

P.S. Happy Birthday!
I had fun, but I felt detached. It was weird. It felt like any other day.

Thank you!

#2212 Old 05-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
I had fun, but I felt detached. It was weird. It felt like any other day.

Thank you!

I have my 24th birthday looming, and I am not so excited about it as I once would have been, so I feel ya.
Purp likes this.

Quote:
#2213 Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have my 24th birthday looming, and I am not so excited about it as I once would have been, so I feel ya.
Youngin'

#2214 Old 05-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Youngin'

I don't feel like it anymore!

Quote:
#2215 Old 05-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Happy Birthday guys!
danakscully64 likes this.

#2216 Old 05-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
My friend Andi has a birthday present for me that she needs me to pick up in my car. Apparently it's too big to be biked over here. Hmmmm...
Happy birthday to all. Skylark, you have me curious about what you are getting from your friend.

#2217 Old 05-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Happy birthday to all. Skylark, you have me curious about what you are getting from your friend.
You and me both. I haven't received it yet.
#2218 Old 05-27-2014, 10:27 PM

Jus Rol garlic bread for breakfast.

I made Sosmix for breakfast yesterday, and I found a piece of eggshell in the mixture. Just shows about contamination.

#2219 Old 05-28-2014, 06:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Since I'm not actually allergic to animal products, I don't worry much about eggshells showing up in my prepared mixes and the like. It's gross but not a disqualifier for eating the rest of the thing. I figure I'm doing the big stuff by avoiding obvious intentional amounts of animal products, so I'm not going to spend more energy on the small stuff than the small stuff is actually worth.
Purp likes this.
#2220 Old 05-28-2014, 08:37 AM

I did eat it,but I was surprised...a bit of egg shell.! I'd be surprised to see a bit of eggshell in a food containing egg...Maybe it got wedge in somewhere from a previous product.
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page