Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 73 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#2161 Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you ever wondered for how many days in a row you can eat falafel before your stomach gets sick of it? Well, I did the experience for you, and the answer is more or less 15 days.
Aristede, Werewolf Girl and River like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2162 Old 05-13-2014, 09:55 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Have you ever wondered for how many days in a row you can eat falafel before your stomach gets sick of it? Well, I did the experience for you, and the answer is more or less 15 days.
Oddly, I have wondered that!

Got my grades back,

Good news! I won't have to hook for a living after all!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#2163 Old 05-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Oddly, I have wondered that!

Got my grades back,

Good news! I won't have to hook for a living after all!
Whooohoo!! Now I know who will bust me if I step on an ant.
River likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2164 Old 05-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hmm, you're making me want to try this experiment myself. Maybe I can beat your record.
Aristede, River and Purp like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2165 Old 05-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Hmm, you're making me want to try this experiment myself. Maybe I can beat your record.
Haha. Obviously my idea was never to make an experiment. Falafel is such a quick, warm, filling snack that I just happened to be eating it daily.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2166 Old 05-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I am in an impromptu experiment to see how many days I can eat barbecue lentils before I get sick of them.
Aristede and Purp like this.
#2167 Old 05-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Haha. Obviously my idea was never to make an experiment. Falafel is such a quick, warm, filling snack that I just happened to be eating it daily.
I've done falafel kicks before, but I only lasted three days.

Beginning the arduous drive from Portland, OR to Bellingham, WA for Western's (my undergrad) alumni weekend "Back to Bellingham". It'll be fun lots of fun for North and kidlet. Right now it just seems like a 6 hour drive with a dog, a child, and a man whose musical taste is questionable... wish me luck.
Purp likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#2168 Old 05-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Beginning the arduous drive from Portland, OR to Bellingham, WA for Western's (my undergrad) alumni weekend "Back to Bellingham". It'll be fun lots of fun for North and kidlet. Right now it just seems like a 6 hour drive with a dog, a child, and a man whose musical taste is questionable... wish me luck.
Good luck! Have a safe trip.
River likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2169 Old 05-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

My display is set up for the art show. I just have one more piece to finish and my business cards to take with ,e on Saturday.
#2170 Old 05-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
My display is set up for the art show. I just have one more piece to finish and my business cards to take with ,e on Saturday.
Awesome, good luck!

#2171 Old 05-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Happy Friday, everybody!

Does anyone have any fun plans this weekend? I have a birthday party to go to on Sunday and I'm probably going to go to the beach tomorrow.
Purp likes this.

#2172 Old 05-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I might go to Niagara Falls on Sunday if I feel like it, but other than that, no plans.
Have fun at the beach, and at the birthday party!
Werewolf Girl likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2173 Old 05-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Beach fun! I'm going to the beach a week from now on my birthday. Granted, the Great Lakes aren't that awesome compared to oceans, but there are no oceans in day tripping distance from where I live.
#2174 Old 05-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I have the art show, which I will most likely have to miss because I have a prior commitment to the food pantry where I volunteer monthly. If they have enough volunteers without me, I'll leave and go to the art show. Thankfully all of this is happening in a one-mile radius.
#2175 Old 05-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I have all the usual things--cooking for the homeless, attending church, visiting the nursing home residents, and instead of qi gong and meditation that I usually do at my church, my church is the host location for the community AIDS vigil.
#2176 Old 05-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

It's gonna be a bear if/when I update my resume, especially all of the things I don't get paid for. I've worked for the same credit union for almost five years. I keep swapping in and out volunteer stuff. Well, except for feeding the homeless. That I've done consistently for four years.
#2177 Old 05-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:

Good luck and have fun.

Quote:
Good luck and have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Happy Friday, everybody!

Does anyone have any fun plans this weekend? I have a birthday party to go to on Sunday and I'm probably going to go to the beach tomorrow.
Happy Friday, have a great time, and greetings to the birthday person.

Quote:
Beach fun! I'm going to the beach a week from now on my birthday. Granted, the Great Lakes aren't that awesome compared to oceans, but there are no oceans in day tripping distance from where I live.
Perhaps you should move to where there are oceans.

Quote:
I have the art show, which I will most likely have to miss because I have a prior commitment to the food pantry where I volunteer monthly. If they have enough volunteers without me, I'll leave and go to the art show. Thankfully all of this is happening in a one-mile radius.
Good luck and have a great time.
River likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2178 Old 05-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I sold exactly one item. Glad it was a $25er.
Purp likes this.
#2179 Old 05-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well hey, that's something at least. Better luck next time I guess.

#2180 Old 05-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I kinda love how having a seven year old in tow means I have an excuse to go down a giant slide or on bouncy rides...
Werewolf Girl, Purp and LedBoots like this.

Quote:
#2181 Old 05-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Yours truly has landed a job as a smoothie & juice maker. The next time you order a smoothie in the Sunshine State, it might be from me! Not what I'm going to school for, but it's a pretty sweet gig.
Werewolf Girl, River, Purp and 2 others like this.
#2182 Old 05-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Congratulations!!!

#2183 Old 05-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Someone on my Facebook friend's list posted a picture of a couple of raw steaks. 27 people liked it. Raw steaks... Raw!

#2184 Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Someone on my Facebook friend's list posted a picture of a couple of raw steaks. 27 people liked it. Raw steaks... Raw!

#2185 Old 05-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

North and I tryinging 75% fruits/seeds/nuts for a month or so.... lets see how this goes.

Quote:
#2186 Old 05-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Impeach the gangster

I wish I could get better fruits where I live. Most all of our fruit has to be shipped in from far away, and isn't good quality when it gets here. Bananas hold up the best, but even they are not great. I end up eating a lot of preserved dates.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#2187 Old 05-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanspud View Post
Yours truly has landed a job as a smoothie & juice maker. The next time you order a smoothie in the Sunshine State, it might be from me! Not what I'm going to school for, but it's a pretty sweet gig.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Ugh! That's always so disgusting to me, I hate seeing raw meat in the grocery store. A store near me made their butcher section all red. Red walls, red counters. It seems appropriate.

Quote:
North and I tryinging 75% fruits/seeds/nuts for a month or so.... lets see how this goes.
Oh cool, I've been wanting to do something like that but I've never been able to stick with it. I need to give it a shot again, it usually takes me a bunch of tries to make things stick.

#2188 Old 05-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Back to school started yesterday for the semester. I am taking human biology, the lab and menu planning. So close to being done, but so very far away.
Werewolf Girl and beanspud like this.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#2189 Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post
Back to school started yesterday for the semester. I am taking human biology, the lab and menu planning. So close to being done, but so very far away.
Good luck!
SuicideBlonde likes this.

#2190 Old 05-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

I have an interview for a cashier position at a grocery store on Thursday. SIGH.

I'm so bitter, I was supposed to have a sweet work from home job that didn't end up panning out and besides a few small projects I haven't been finding any work in my field for ages. It's very frustrating, you'd think with the amount of experience and the good reputation I have at this point things would have gotten easier.

Meanwhile my boyfriend has landed his dream job working for an animation studio and while I'm happy for him it's hard not to be a little jealous, especially since we were both supposed to be getting new jobs around the same time but only his actually worked out.

Oh well, I'm still grateful at least one of us is doing well and I have a lot of other stuff to be grateful for too. Sometimes I just need to remind myself of that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page