Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 71 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#2101 Old 05-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoshave View Post

Yeah we had some guy tweaked out on meth knock on our door the other day and mumble something incoherent when I opened it.  There are also a lot of meth labs in town, one exploded about a year ago.  I support legalization and all... but meth is super bad and can ruin your life so easily.

Rotoshave!!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2102 Old 05-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi River! :hi:

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#2103 Old 05-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Impeach the gangster

Hello Rotoshave! :hi: You're back! Great to see Ya!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2104 Old 05-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Nice to see you too Capstan!

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#2105 Old 05-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I set up my display for the arts festival this evening. All good except for the stench of cat pee in the adjacent room. I need to figure something out. I wouldn't buy anything in a stinky room.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#2106 Old 05-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Capstan likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2107 Old 05-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

I set up my display for the arts festival this evening. All good except for the stench of cat pee in the adjacent room. I need to figure something out. I wouldn't buy anything in a stinky room.

Oh gross! Light incense, maybe?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2108 Old 05-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I think I MIGHT have convinced a childhood friend to go vegetarian or at least try vegetarianism. :D

We were talking about food, and I told her I don't eat meat. She did not reply for a while so I thought, "she thinks I'm going to preach to her about eating meat, and stopped talking to me". Then, she replies saying she would really like to be vegetarian. She was interested in what I eat, and why I am a vegetarian to which I just replied "animals...", and she said that's why she would like to be a vegetarian.

She lives in Portugal, so I have no way to know if she really is going to do it, but I am already happy I made her think about her food choices just by saying I don't eat meat.

Werewolf Girl likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2109 Old 05-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessAndreia View Post

I think I MIGHT have convinced a childhood friend to go vegetarian or at least try vegetarianism. grin.gif

We were talking about food, and I told her I don't eat meat. She did not reply for a while so I thought, "she thinks I'm going to preach to her about eating meat, and stopped talking to me". Then, she replies saying she would really like to be vegetarian. She was interested in what I eat, and why I am a vegetarian to which I just replied "animals...", and she said that's why she would like to be a vegetarian.
She lives in Portugal, so I have no way to know if she really is going to do it, but I am already happy I made her think about her food choices just by saying I don't eat meat.

That's WONDERFUL

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#2110 Old 05-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I have a friend who had a very premature baby a month ago, they're both still doing well. I can't even articulate my relief. Giving birth sounds terrifying.

Quote:
#2111 Old 05-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't sell anything, the lady of the space *****ed me out for suggesting that cat pee is an unappealing scent, and I made friends with other artists who have adjacent spaces. Oh, and I may have found some new poets who will come to our open mic. Mixed evening.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#2112 Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

I didn't sell anything, the lady of the space *****ed me out for suggesting that cat pee is an unappealing scent, and I made friends with other artists who have adjacent spaces. Oh, and I may have found some new poets who will come to our open mic. Mixed evening.

Did you offer her scented candles that smell like cat pee?:p

Poppy, Werewolf Girl and yurak like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2113 Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Veg & two wheels

Cat pee ironically is in some colone. Eau du chat anybody?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Is that how you escape work?
Capstan and Werewolf Girl like this.
#2114 Old 05-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Saturday everyone! hi.gif

Anyone who loves cute dogs and hasn't seen this video needs to see it immediately:

Heck, even if you have seen it you should still watch it again! So adorable. grin.gif
Capstan likes this.

#2115 Old 05-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

I love dogs and have loved OK Go since their treadmill video!

Thanks!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#2116 Old 05-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Veggie Regular

nice thread my first time to come here. 

#2117 Old 05-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHADIJAH View Post

Hi! hi.gif

This is a nice place to come chat and talk about whatever pops into your head, I like it. grin.gif

#2118 Old 05-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Veg & two wheels

Quote:

Welcome, as @Werewolf Girl said it's a pretty open thread. Post, enjoy smiley.gif
#2119 Old 05-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

:hi: How's life, Khadijah? 

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2120 Old 05-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessAndreia View Post

I was stopped at a stoplight just minutes ago. There was this woman crossing on the crosswalk, who flipped me off twice when I looked at her. What the eff?! She was in her 40's or 50's too! Or maybe in her 20's and had done a lot of meth (she did look like she was on drugs).

I am so going to use this! When the next person asks my age, I'm going to say that I'm 24…but do a lot of meth. tongue3.gif

(54 is happening this month - bleh. sad.gif )
Werewolf Girl, Rotoshave and 60225 like this.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#2121 Old 05-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

I am so going to use this! When the next person asks my age, I'm going to say that I'm 24…but do a lot of meth. tongue3.gif

(54 is happening this month - bleh. sad.gif )

laugh.gif I hope you really do that, that would be hilarious.

#2122 Old 05-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I took a (very) rare trip to London this weekend... we went to a bar at the top of this tall tall tower, which was a really cool place- but £30 for two cocktails!!! Wow!! hahaha! I liked London more than I have in the past, but I'd never want to live in all its bustle and hustle. 

#2123 Old 05-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Veg & two wheels

Not knowing where you're from £30 for 2 cocktails is astronomical for me, even from the best bars.
#2124 Old 05-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Ankle Biter

Hopefully that included taxes and a great tip!

I don't have a British pound symbol on my keyboard - do you in the UK?

£30 - option + 3 let's me type it, but that would be annoying if you had to do that every time.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#2125 Old 05-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Everytime a watch a vampire show I think that if vampires were real they'd probably like vegans the best, since vegan blood would have less "death" about it.

#2126 Old 05-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Everytime a watch a vampire show I think that if vampires were real they'd probably like vegans the best, since vegan blood would have less "death" about it.

Haha, I've had similar thoughts before about what kind of human meat would taste better to a monster. Nice to know I'm not the only one who has these bizarre ideas. laugh.gif

#2127 Old 05-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Veg & two wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Hopefully that included taxes and a great tip!

I don't have a British pound symbol on my keyboard - do you in the UK?

£30 - option + 3 let's me type it, but that would be annoying if you had to do that every time.
Most computers over here are set up with £ and even € signs. There's a few other random tweeks like @ and # are swapped. Also if you're ever looking for symbols I assume Windows still has a key map in Accessories. I'm on a cell phone so can't check.
Quote:

You saying that I'm thinking of Blade Trinity. Danica Talos asking Hannibal King if he's getting enough fatty acids.
I kinda imagine the vamps treating vegan blood like a good vintage. Rare/uncommon and worth savoring.
#2128 Old 05-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, we have £  ad  $..... I don't have a Euro key though! 

Yes, the drinks included a non-optional 15% service charge! It actually came to £29.25, but I felt it wasn't the place to wait around for my 75p......  It's not somewhere I'd go often, we just fancied having a look because it's an interesting place with some great views.

#2129 Old 05-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

Yeah, we have £  ad  $..... I don't have a Euro key though! 

You should be able to access the Euro (€) sign by pressing the "omega" (special character) icon on the reply editor.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#2130 Old 05-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Impeach the gangster

Just gave the dogs a bath. I'm soaked!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page