Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 65 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#1921 Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Impeach the gangster

Yes, good vibes to your Mom!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1922 Old 04-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

hug.gif I'll be thinking good thoughts for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Yes, good vibes to your Mom!

Thank you both!! I appreciate it.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#1923 Old 04-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular

UPDATE: Mom is now home, and they think she had plursey. She's resting peacefully with the cat, and I am jubilant that she's home.

Werewolf Girl likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1924 Old 04-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I'm very glad to hear that!!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#1925 Old 04-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Impeach the gangster

That's good news, Purp! I hope your mom gets over it soon!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#1926 Old 04-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

UPDATE: Mom is now home, and they think she had plursey. She's resting peacefully with the cat, and I am jubilant that she's home.

That's good to hear, Purp. I hope she recovers soon.

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#1927 Old 04-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Very good news Purp.

#1928 Old 04-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Glad to hear it! She's in my thoughts.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1929 Old 04-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

GoT premiere was not as exciting as I'd hoped.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#1930 Old 04-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone! I haven't been in this thread in almost a month. How is that possible?!

#1931 Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Veg & two wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Hi everyone! I haven't been in this thread in almost a month. How is that possible?!
Because of an urge to go frolicking in the trees?
#1932 Old 04-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurak View Post

Because of an urge to go frolicking in the trees?

I wish, I've been working crazy hours because we're very short staffed at work. Many servers are working 10-12 hour days (with only 1 - 30 minute break). We're all mentally and physically exhausted. I also met someone new.

Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
#1933 Old 04-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Veg & two wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I also met someone new.

Ooooh! smiley.gif I hope it goes well smiley.gif [/giddy]
#1934 Old 04-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

GoT premiere was not as exciting as I'd hoped.

I don't know, I thought it was really cool. The part with Arya and The Hound was so badass!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1935 Old 04-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Impeach the gangster

What's GoT? :confused:

#1936 Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

What's GoT? huh.gif

Game of Thrones, if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it. I want to read the books now too.

#1937 Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, and also the craziest thing just happened in my city!

One of my best friends who works at Tim Hortons texted me around noon and told me that some crazy guy was smashing up everything there and the police were involved and all the windows were broken! I had briefly worked at that place a long time ago and I had heard that that had already happened there but in the middle of the night, it's nuts that something like that can happen in broad daylight.

And the really interesting part of the story is that after talking to the police my friend found out that this guy had done this a bunch of times before at different stores, apparently he does it because he WANTS the police to show up because he is convinced someone is after him. I'm guessing he must be schizophrenic or something, our only decent mental hospital was shut down years ago and since then the amount of people with mental illnesses just wandering around without proper treatment is very disturbing. I can't imagine what it would be like to be so paranoid and filled with fear of invisible enemies that you feel the only way to save yourself is to start smashing windows, very sad.

There's already an article about it in the local news: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/04/man-smashes-windows-causes-mayhem-davie-street-tim-hortons/

The good news for my friend is that he got the rest of the day off work with pay and he is now in a hotel somewhere where they are giving them free counselling and pizza. He's been texting me updates as things go, I imagine this is probably one of the most interesting days at work he's ever had...

#1938 Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I don't know, I thought it was really cool. The part with Arya and The Hound was so badass!

That's true, it was the most exciting moment if the ep.

Quote:
#1939 Old 04-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurak View Post

Ooooh! smiley.gif I hope it goes well smiley.gif [/giddy]

Thank you. So far, it's been amazing.

Quote:

Oh, and also the craziest thing just happened in my city!

One of my best friends who works at Tim Hortons texted me around noon and told me that some crazy guy was smashing up everything there and the police were involved and all the windows were broken! I had briefly worked at that place a long time ago and I had heard that that had already happened there but in the middle of the night, it's nuts that something like that can happen in broad daylight.

And the really interesting part of the story is that after talking to the police my friend found out that this guy had done this a bunch of times before at different stores, apparently he does it because he WANTS the police to show up because he is convinced someone is after him. I'm guessing he must be schizophrenic or something, our only decent mental hospital was shut down years ago and since then the amount of people with mental illnesses just wandering around without proper treatment is very disturbing. I can't imagine what it would be like to be so paranoid and filled with fear of invisible enemies that you feel the only way to save yourself is to start smashing windows, very sad.

There's already an article about it in the local news: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/04/man-smashes-windows-causes-mayhem-davie-street-tim-hortons/

The good news for my friend is that he got the rest of the day off work with pay and he is now in a hotel somewhere where they are giving them free counselling and pizza. He's been texting me updates as things go, I imagine this is probably one of the most interesting days at work he's ever had...

It definitely sounds like mental illnesses. How sad that the good mental hospital shut down, some people truly need it.

Oooo, free pizza!

#1940 Old 04-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, what up?

Aristede and Werewolf Girl like this.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#1941 Old 04-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Hey, what up?

SuicideBlonde! I've missed you, how's it going? smitten.gif
SuicideBlonde likes this.

#1942 Old 04-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I am keeping busy. Mostly school, work or looking for work and helping with mom. I just spent way too much money on new tires for the car, but the old ones need to be changed. I am just enjoying some "me time" while my mom is out of town at her house, drinking a bit of wine and watching old movies on netflix. 

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#1943 Old 04-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I am keeping busy. Mostly school, work or looking for work and helping with mom. I just spent way too much money on new tires for the car, but the old ones need to be changed. I am just enjoying some "me time" while my mom is out of town at her house, drinking a bit of wine and watching old movies on netflix. 

Mmm, I love me time. I've been getting more of that too lately since my boyfriend started his job and I don't know when mine is starting yet (they keep stringing me along, I hope that gets sorted soon)

I love my boyfriend and my friends but being around other people all the time can be mentally exhausting for me, sometimes I just need to be totally alone for awhile to recharge my batteries.

#1944 Old 04-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I love my boyfriend and my friends but being around other people all the time can be mentally exhausting for me, sometimes I just need to be totally alone for awhile to recharge my batteries.

I completely understand. I get snappy when I am around a person or people too much. I need to be left alone to contemplate life and whatnot. 

The tires put me back all of my just on case money down to my need to live for a month money. My new job does not start for a couple weeks and I need to get pants, socks and a belt. I hate being this broke. I need to feed us, get gas and other essentials. It i going to be super tight, but I think I can make it. 

Marilyn Monroe
#1945 Old 04-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I completely understand. I get snappy when I am around a person or people too much. I need to be left alone to contemplate life and whatnot. 

The tires put me back all of my just on case money down to my need to live for a month money. My new job does not start for a couple weeks and I need to get pants, socks and a belt. I hate being this broke. I need to feed us, get gas and other essentials. It i going to be super tight, but I think I can make it. 

I'm in a similar situation right now, my boyfriend just started his new job and we have no money at all until Friday and then it still won't be much until he gets a full paycheque, and my job has been put off and won't start for another couple weeks probably. Being broke sucks. sad.gif

#1946 Old 04-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm dealing with a bunch of mess right now that I'd rather not be. Let's just say that one issue involves work and the other two involve dispute resolution/litigation (of course I'm the injured party seeking to be "made whole"). Oh joy...

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#1947 Old 04-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Impeach the gangster

Sorry to hear that, Will. Perhaps you should have a cookie?

#1948 Old 04-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

I'm dealing with a bunch of mess right now that I'd rather not be. Let's just say that one issue involves work and the other two involve dispute resolution/litigation (of course I'm the injured party seeking to be "made whole"). Oh joy...

Awww, that sounds like one big headache.
Quote:

Sorry to hear that, Will. Perhaps you should have a cookie?

I agree, cookies are the solution. Many cookies.

#1949 Old 04-10-2014, 05:24 AM
Bracing for snow

Definitely cookies!

Has anyone heard about Sriacha closing down?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/10/calif-city-declares-sriracha-hot-sauce-factory-public-nuisance/

Yikes! Thanks to you folks, I only just discovered this gem.

Ken
#1950 Old 04-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikekale View Post

Definitely cookies!

Has anyone heard about Sriacha closing down?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/10/calif-city-declares-sriracha-hot-sauce-factory-public-nuisance/

Yikes! Thanks to you folks, I only just discovered this gem.

Ken

Oh no, I thought this was resolved already! Well, Sriracha is so popular I'm not too concerned, worst case scenario they will just have to move somewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page