Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 50 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#1471 Old 12-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Wwg, I'm so sorry about Lollie. (((Hugs)))
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1472 Old 12-08-2013, 04:12 AM
Banned

My condolences WWG, so sorry to hear your news x :hug:

It sounds like she had a long, happy life and was very much loved.

#1473 Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Rest In Peace Lollie :'( *~hugs~* Werewolf Girl memories kept within our hearts never die as long as we always remember them ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1474 Old 12-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

It was up in the Ham. Really, it was at the "largest selection of vegan and organic options North of Seattle". I feel like they should have been harsher on her >.> now when I visit my dad I have to shop at the co-op and their outrageous prices.

WHO WEARS ****ING FUR!

*sigh*

I just wait a couple months and change my hair.. I don't even remember where I am banned from anymore. (Activism, not anything bad) Unless they take photos for a theft or the cops were called over something serious they never recognize anyone after a while in a different outfit.
#1475 Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I'm sorry about your loss, Werewolf Girl.

I'll remember Lollie when I do the Monday Candle ceremony tonight- I won't be lighting candles but I'll be doing the rest of it.

www.petloss.com

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#1476 Old 12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Veggie Regular

:hug: 
Sorry about your loss, Werewolf Girl.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#1477 Old 12-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks so much for the kind words, I'm still sad about it but I'm grateful she's not in pain anymore. She had a good life and that's the most you can ask for.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1478 Old 12-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

It's been a very sad day for me, I woke up happy because it was the day of my birthday party and then my mom called to let me know that my dog who has been in my life since I was 10 had to be put down because her arthritis got so bad she couldn't walk anymore. She was a real sweetheart with a wonderful personality, and she was smart too.

I've been thinking a lot about my good memories of her, I'll always remember how she managed to undo the latch to the gate with her nose forcing my step-dad to tie it shut with twist ties, and then once he did that she found another way to escape so she could get handouts from our neighbours kids. She was also very protective of my little brother and I and would always try to step in and stop us when we were fighting.

Even though I couldn't be with her right at the end I'm grateful that I got to see her for the last time just a little over a week ago and we spent some quality time together, I groomed her and cleaned her ears and she still seemed so full of life even though she was old and couldn't move much anymore. She will be very missed.

Rest in peace Lollie, you were a great friend.

I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost so many of my non-human family over the years being a rescuer. I know how bad it hurts even when they are better off on the other side. I still cry over those I losta decade ago. But they wouldnt want you to hurt. The best way to honer their memory is to think of the good times with them and help another that could use the love you have to give, the love they loved you for.
#1479 Old 12-10-2013, 08:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I read on a friend's Facebook page today that she shopped meatless for her groceries today. She has fibromyalgia and I suggested reducing or eliminating meat some time ago, but I guess she is going to give it a go. Now, I rarely soapbox, but when one of her friends commented that eating meat-free was expensive, I had to set the record straight.

So I responded: 

Quote:
A meat-free diet is actually less expensive. The government subsidizes the price of meat and dairy which subsequently makes it less expensive. If the government didn't do so, meat and dairy prices would be substantially higher. That aside, eating a diet based in healthy carbohydrates (such as brown rice and grains, potatoes, and legumes [beans]) with the addition of fruits and vegetables is actually less expensive. This is why many ancient civilizations and even nations today are able to subsist on virtually vegetarian or near vegetarian diets.

I dislike being preachy, so I avoid it. This wasn't necessarily advocating veggie eating as much as it was about having facts correct, but if it convinces people that eating more whole foods in their diet is a good idea, then great.

Aristede:book: 

Tom, Werewolf Girl, silva and 2 others like this.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#1480 Old 12-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectxDefect View Post

I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost so many of my non-human family over the years being a rescuer. I know how bad it hurts even when they are better off on the other side. I still cry over those I losta decade ago. But they wouldnt want you to hurt. The best way to honer their memory is to think of the good times with them and help another that could use the love you have to give, the love they loved you for.

Thank you for saying that, wise words. yes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

I read on a friend's Facebook page today that she shopped meatless for her groceries today. She has fibromyalgia and I suggested reducing or eliminating meat some time ago, but I guess she is going to give it a go. Now, I rarely soapbox, but when one of her friends commented that eating meat-free was expensive, I had to set the record straight.

So I responded: 

I dislike being preachy, so I avoid it. This wasn't necessarily advocating veggie eating as much as it was about having facts correct, but if it convinces people that eating more whole foods in their diet is a good idea, then great.

I don't think you sounded preachy at all, just informative. Some people will accuse you of being preachy for merely mentioning that you are a vegetarian so I try not to worry too much about that. I figure as long as you are polite and respectful and you don't talk about it constantly you're good to go.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1481 Old 12-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Has anyone ever heard of Bakery on Main? I'm not a big oatmeal fan, but I love the Strawberry Shortcake oatmeal. Its GF and contains other grains (like quinoa and chia seeds).

Aristede likes this.
#1482 Old 12-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Strawberry shortcake oatmeal sounds amazing... drool.gif

#1483 Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

I was drawn in by the package. Isn't it beautiful!?

#1484 Old 12-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Has anyone ever heard of Bakery on Main? I'm not a big oatmeal fan, but I love the Strawberry Shortcake oatmeal. Its GF and contains other grains (like quinoa and chia seeds).

I've never heard of this company, but they sound great. Like you, I think the packaging is fantastic. I love vintage, old-fashioned things. I'm going to check and see if these are available here.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#1485 Old 12-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

I love vintage things too!

Aristede likes this.
#1486 Old 12-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

I went shopping yesterday and got a few new items. Went in for a coat, didn't get one, but I managed to spend $70. :p

Cat leggings! Got this outfit:

Vintage boots, only $13!

Also, a pair of jeans and black workout pants.

SuicideBlonde likes this.
#1487 Old 12-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Those cat leggings are adorable! Good find.

I've been having a fun night drinking Kahlua and watching old movies, the perfect way to spend a rainy cold evening.

#1488 Old 12-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Those cat leggings are adorable! Good find.

I've been having a fun night drinking Kahlua and watching old movies, the perfect way to spend a rainy cold evening.

I knew I had to have them the second I saw them!

Oooooo, yum!

#1489 Old 12-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

I went to Nice Shoes yesterday and got these vegan Doc Martens I'm in love with: https://niceshoes.ca/catalog/product/vegan-1460-purple-8-hole-gibson

I also got some vegan cupcakes from the place next door! blush.gif

How is everyone doing today?

#1490 Old 12-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I went to Nice Shoes yesterday and got these vegan Doc Martens I'm in love with: https://niceshoes.ca/catalog/product/vegan-1460-purple-8-hole-gibson

I also got some vegan cupcakes from the place next door! blush.gif

How is everyone doing today?

Very nice!

Did you bring me a cupcake?

Good!

#1491 Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

We ate all the cupcakes, sorry. tongue3.gif

I've really been trying to eat healthier but I'm starting to realize that the month that has both my birthday and Christmas in it might not be the best time.... blush.gif

#1492 Old 12-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

You make a good point, WG. The holidays are the time we often eat many of our favourite foods. I've been balancing my meals to be sure I don't stray too far from what I should be eating. It's about moderation. I've been trying to walk more, but this weather is not conducive to that end. A new gym facility opened not too long ago in a nearby neighborhood so I think I may take the express and commute there to exercise. I'm not going to "jog" in the snow, so I guess getting into a gym routine wouldn't be such a bad thing. I've done gyms before, but not regularly. One of my friends is interested in joining a gym, so we'll see. I guess it's time for new things.

#1493 Old 12-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Set a new heading for the Vegan system, Warp 8. Engage! 

Tom and Werewolf Girl like this.

#1494 Old 12-19-2013, 02:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been "wasting" a lot of time on Skyrim recently. Better than being productive!

#1495 Old 12-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

You make a good point, WG. The holidays are the time we often eat many of our favourite foods. I've been balancing my meals to be sure I don't stray too far from what I should be eating. It's about moderation. I've been trying to walk more, but this weather is not conducive to that end. A new gym facility opened not too long ago in a nearby neighborhood so I think I may take the express and commute there to exercise. I'm not going to "jog" in the snow, so I guess getting into a gym routine wouldn't be such a bad thing. I've done gyms before, but not regularly. One of my friends is interested in joining a gym, so we'll see. I guess it's time for new things.

Indeed, every little bit helps this time of year. I've been trying to get more exercise and eat lots of fruits and veggies to make up for all my other over-indulgences. I just bought two bottles of almond nog and I'm making cupcakes but hey at least it's something... laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

I've been "wasting" a lot of time on Skyrim recently. Better than being productive!

Time spent playing Skyrim is never wasted! I beat the main storyline ages ago but I still like playing every now and then to hoard treasure and such, plus there's always the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC.

#1496 Old 12-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

It's sad how many Americans don't understand how the Constitution works. The 1st Amendment doesn't mean you can say whatever you want and not face repercussions by your employer. I'm sick of the stupid comments on Facebook.

#1497 Old 12-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

It's sad how many Americans don't understand how the Constitution works. The 1st Amendment doesn't mean you can say whatever you want and not face repercussions by your employer. I'm sick of the stupid comments on Facebook.

Me too!

Poppy, Tom and danakscully64 like this.

#1498 Old 12-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

I really, really want to buy a mini fridge for my room, but I have no space. I'm thinking about moving my big TV to my storage unit, bringing back my 26" one, moving the rat cage to the TV stand (there will be room), then putting the fridge where the cage is. I could even get rid of my bed stand and just use the fridge. Decisions, decisions. My main motivation is Emma is SO loud in the morning when I go downstairs to get her wet food from the fridge. I think she wakes people up.

#1499 Old 12-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Impeach the gangster

Hi, peoples! :hi:

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#1500 Old 12-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

hi.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page