Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 37 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#1081 Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

I'll start: Today at work I was wearing a Batman shirt and the guy sitting next to me said he felt like Batman fighting with The Riddler.

I insisted I was Batman and he had to be Robin and then it led to a 20 minute conversation with everyone in the office about Ben Affleck being chosen as the new Batman. I can't believe that's actually happening!

It's really hard for me to picture Ben Affleck in anything but Kevin Smith or Jennifer Lopez films so that's going to be interesting to see... I wonder if he'll do a super scratchy Cookie Monster voice like Christian Bale. wink3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1082 Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

tell me random details about your lives!!! tongue3.gif

I am so into dinosaurs that if they came back, through mad science or deviltry or anything, I would totally betray people and join them. I'd raptor up.

#1083 Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

I am so into dinosaurs that if they came back, through mad science or deviltry or anything, I would totally betray people and join them. I'd raptor up.

If I could BECOME a dinosaur I would be so in, that would be incredible. Although apparently they have feathers now, I have a hard time picturing that. laugh.gif
Waikikamukau likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1084 Old 08-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

If I could BECOME a dinosaur I would be so in, that would be incredible. Although apparently they have feathers now, I have a hard time picturing that. laugh.gif

I'd do it even as a human. I'd gasp in exhaustion, having fallen behind, shouting "Wait up guys!" as they tore into another poor soul. One would whisper "Why do we keep him around?" and another would say "Because it's funny! Did you see the thorns I made him tape to his toes? This is hilarious. Roar."

Quote:

Ben Affleck

Well, it's kind of mandatory to do the voice, so yeah I think he will. I don't know if he'll be able to pull it off, though. Everyone knew that Bale could from American Psycho; All Batman is is a bundle full of rage directed towards helping victims and hurting, carefully, offenders. I don't think we have ever seen Affleck in a role like that, so who knows. He was pretty weak as Daredevil, but that was a pretty weak movie. That might not have been his fault...

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#1085 Old 08-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Im sorry, but whenever I think of Ben Affleck.... South Park comes to mind .... "hey Benny taco flavoured kisses" yeah I went there smiley.gif
#1086 Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Im sorry, but whenever I think of Ben Affleck.... South Park comes to mind .... "hey Benny taco flavoured kisses" yeah I went there smiley.gif

Hahaha, I totally forgot about that part!!! Gross. laugh.gif

#1087 Old 08-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

I like turtles.

#1088 Old 08-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

In what way?

#1089 Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Like this cat does.

#1090 Old 08-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay that's too adorable...

VB is so slow. Danakscully64, did you drive them away with kurttles?

#1091 Old 08-28-2013, 03:50 AM

VB is slow because most of the members are aliens who have now left the planet and are travelling at close to the speed of light. They still post, but one of their weeks is like 2 hours to us..
danakscully64 likes this.

#1092 Old 08-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

^^

#1093 Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

So in relation to these other members the site is literally slow. Why don't we send a server up there with them and add a new subsite, lightspeed.veggieboards.com? danakscully64, you're in charge of making it happen.

#1094 Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

I wish. I don't have the technology to do that. I don't even have a keyboard without missing keys.

#1095 Old 08-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Your keyboard lost its keys? Does it need a locksmith?

#1096 Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

I'm exhausted, someone bring me coffee!

Currently watching 30 Rock and being poked with a plastic sword by my boyfriend (that's not as weird and dirty as it sounds, I swear! laugh.gif)

#1097 Old 08-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I have an analog coffee exchange system (ACES) and I'd be glad to send you some, but you'll need a dial up connection and a floppy disk drive. If you have both of those just put a mug below the disk drive. It'll take between 2 and 6 hours to reach you, depending on distance.

I really liked 30 Rock, it's a shame that it ended. It's rare to see such a well done flawed, realistic but still likable character, especially female, in any show.

#1098 Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I have an analog coffee exchange system (ACES) and I'd be glad to send you some, but you'll need a dial up connection and a floppy disk drive. If you have both of those just put a mug below the disk drive. It'll take between 2 and 6 hours to reach you, depending on distance.

Geeze, I'd better go hunting through my closet for a floppy disk! laugh.gif
Quote:

I really liked 30 Rock, it's a shame that it ended. It's rare to see such a well done flawed, realistic but still likable character, especially female, in any show.

I agree, it's one of my favourite shows ever. People have compared me to Liz Lemon a lot and I definitely relate to her awkwardness, hehe.

Also, I'm sad it ended too but at the same time I'm glad it didn't go on forever and lose its spark like some other shows have. I think the ending was pretty perfect and summed up everything that had happened so far. I just watched a few episodes from the first season again and it's really fun to see that some of the things set up in the very beginning pay off in the last season.

#1099 Old 08-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Currently watching 30 Rock and being poked with a plastic sword by my boyfriend (that's not as weird and dirty as it sounds, I swear! laugh.gif)

Oh, yes it is. sneaky.gif

Aristedebeatnik2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#1100 Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Oh, yes it is. sneaky.gif

Aristedebeatnik2.gif

I'll never tell... hump.giflaugh.gif

#1101 Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'll never tell... hump.giflaugh.gif

:jedi:

Aristedecool3.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#1102 Old 08-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

My new job is keeping me busy and so busy ! And I love coming on here to unwind after a busy day also catch up on some mending ....
#1103 Old 08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Impeach the gangster

What is your job, lavender?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#1104 Old 08-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Ugh :spew:... this is what happens when I get away from my plant-based diet. Oh, a little dairy, why not? Some refined carbs? Why not? Yay for animal products... :sick:

Aristede:book:

#1105 Old 08-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I work at a health food store smiley.gif I am taking a break from college at the moment and hopefully I can one day afford to move to NYC and attend the Fashion Institute Of Technology <3
#1106 Old 08-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Ugh spew.gif ... this is what happens when I get away from my plant-based diet. Oh, a little dairy, why not? Some refined carbs? Why not? Yay for animal products... sick.gif

Are you ok Aristede?
Aristede likes this.
#1107 Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I'll be okay. Thanks for asking, lavender phase. :) For the past several months I had been eating a mostly plant-based diet, but the past few weeks I had the (not so) bright idea of adding cheese, eggs, and such back into my diet (like cheese on a sandwich, some ice cream, egg in a piece of cake, etc). While I can do okay with a little animal product in my diet, I totally overdid it, especially considering that I'm lactose-intolerant. That was the very reason I switched to a near strict veggie/vegan diet years ago and why I switched back recently as well. My system doesn't seem to like the animal products too much which makes perfect sense considering the research I've read on the matter. Giving into cravings just isn't the best course sometimes....

#1108 Old 08-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, even as a vegan I can give into cravings of potato chips, popcorn and tortilla corn chips very, very bad .... in my case I get tired easily especially if I skip my fruits and veggies and go into a junk food feast .... lucky I work with health conscious people and I have been doing better well except for coffee I cannot break up with coffee no not yet sad.gif
#1109 Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Feel better soon, Will!

Aristede likes this.
#1110 Old 08-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Oh, even as a vegan I can give into cravings of potato chips, popcorn and tortilla corn chips very, very bad .... in my case I get tired easily especially if I skip my fruits and veggies and go into a junk food feast .... lucky I work with health conscious people and I have been doing better well except for coffee I cannot break up with coffee no not yet sad.gif

I just think this gives me the incentive to move closer toward vegan/strict vegetarian. The resulting gastrointestinal distress from consuming dairy, et al, simply isn't worth it at the end of the day. I also don't think it's just physical, but mental too, since I know what happens to animals to make those products. I think I've been giving into convenience, but I know that's not good. 

By eating a plant-based diet, I was losing weight, had more energy, that general feeling of lightness, etc. I'm going to work toward that goal again of eating 98% plant-based. So back to my green smoothies, oats, whole grains, beans and lentils. Time to get out of the junky eating rut that isn't like me. I'm not perfect in listening, but my body is telling what it needs indeed! 

Thanks, lp! :wayne:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page