Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 34 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#991 Old 08-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Bonsai- that must take a lot of patience!

Well, it already came kinda grown-up already. From what I understand about bonsai, they don't grow very quickly. But they sure do die quickly...

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#992 Old 08-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

I wish I had more of a green thumb, the plants I buy full grown seem to live okay but I suck at sprouting seeds, they always seem to die from either underwatering or overwatering. Clearly I haven't quite worked out the balance yet. tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#993 Old 08-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Today is my final move day. It's been crazy around here! I'll be back online soon.

Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#994 Old 08-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Today is my final move day. It's been crazy around here! I'll be back online soon.

I hope your move goes well! Take care and don't get too stressed. I've moved several times and it's never a grand experience, but hopefully it'll go just fine. smiley.gif

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#995 Old 08-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Hope everything goes fine for you.thumbsup.gif

#996 Old 08-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Hope things go well Heather! smiley.gif

I'm relaxing right now watching funny animal videos but eventually I'm going to have to get some work done. It's Friday, can't I just pretend it's Saturday already? tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#997 Old 08-03-2013, 05:46 AM

It's always saturday in my head! Ever since I left university I have no concept of time or days anymore huh.gif

On a brighter note, I just got a job! I've not had constant work for 2 months so this is really a relief!

Aristede and Werewolf Girl like this.

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#998 Old 08-03-2013, 04:20 PM

Hellos! hi.gif

I know I haven't been posting lately. That's because exciting things are happening - new house, new job, new town... smiley.gif
Aristede and Werewolf Girl like this.

If I post anything offensive, it's society's fault, not mine.
#999 Old 08-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsyturtle View Post

Hellos! hi.gif

I know I haven't been posting lately. That's because exciting things are happening - new house, new job, new town... smiley.gif

Congrats!

I don't post much lately either.

Its because I am busy stuffing my face with food because I can eat everything I want in my new city. I. Can't. Stop. Eating. Halp. Me. help.gif

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
#1000 Old 08-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Banned

Second night in a row that I have insomnia :( I was up until 6am yesterday and then slept for 3 hours.  Feeling a tad disjointed in mind and body *wooo!*

VeggieFee ~ high five on the new job!

DrowsyTurtle ~ congrats on your new house/job/town ~ very exciting times!

Mollycakes ~ chuck some of that food my way as I seriously  need my appetite stimulated; probably consumed less than 500 calories today which is not good.

#1001 Old 08-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

Mollycakes ~ chuck some of that food my way as I seriously  need my appetite stimulated; probably consumed less than 500 calories today which is not good.

I wish every city was like this. It should be like this everywhere. The world would be a better place. And us vegans would all be 400lbs.

I ate 3 donuts today!! Ack!

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
#1002 Old 08-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw the vegan doughnuts that you posted mollycakes. And I'm seriously jealous of Austin right now. To be fair, Chicago's a decent city for vegans, but all of the vegan doughnut places (the few that offer them) are way on the other side of town. So I either skip on my craving for doughnuts or cave in and visit my old favorite doughnut haunt. 

<shame>

Aristedebook2.gif

#1003 Old 08-04-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

Second night in a row that I have insomnia :( I was up until 6am yesterday and then slept for 3 hours.  Feeling a tad disjointed in mind and body *wooo!*

VeggieFee ~ high five on the new job!

I don't have insomnia and I slept alright last night but I just woke up from a 3 hour nap and now my body feels really weird and like I have no energy at all. I also can't seem to type and having to delete a lot of words, which isn't normal for me.

High Five :D

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#1004 Old 08-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieFee View Post

It's always saturday in my head! Ever since I left university I have no concept of time or days anymore huh.gif

On a brighter note, I just got a job! I've not had constant work for 2 months so this is really a relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsyturtle View Post

Hellos! hi.gif

Congratulations to both of you! I also have a new job I'm starting on Tuesday, it seems to be a trend this time of year. grin.gif
Aristede likes this.

#1005 Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Congratulations to both of you! I also have a new job I'm starting on Tuesday, it seems to be a trend this time of year. grin.gif

Congratulations :D

#1006 Old 08-06-2013, 01:03 PM

*high-fives all round*

I am now working for the oil industry though... worried.gif

If I post anything offensive, it's society's fault, not mine.
#1007 Old 08-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Yippy, lots of new jobs.

I start working at a sandwich shop next week. Not glamours, but at least money.

Long days are long. I had a small opperation done yesterday and have to be resting for a couple days. I am already getting antsy about sitting around the house. I may go on a walk to the park and go to the store with the bf later today. He has been so supportive and helping with what I need. The one thing he can not help with is the lack of sleep I have been getting. The past few night I am lucky if I even over 4 hours sleep.

Beach was a much needed time away. We even took the kayak out one day to a island, sandbar thing and swam. It did not rain except for a bit of sprinkles. The weather said rain chances were 40-50%. Lucky us!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#1008 Old 08-08-2013, 07:44 AM

I'm on a week's MC (medical certificate, a statement from a doctor so you can stay at home, idk if it's a term commonly used in other countries) since Monday after a wisdom tooth extraction. This is ONE of the things I like the army for, I guess - that wisdom tooth extraction is free and you can do it twice for a total of 2 weeks MC grin.gif there's seriously no reason not to get it extracted while you're in the army!

I've been drinking all sorts of smoothies the first few days - strawberry banana smoothie, spinach pear smoothie, chocolate peanut butter smoothie, but recently the swelling has gone down and I've been able to cook brown rice porridge with mushrooms for a change. The sutures are kinda annoying though. I can feel them in my mouth, and I keep using my tongue to poke at them >.>

On the downside, I watched an anime that's made me somewhat sad, and because I'm stuck at home, I haven't been able to busy myself with work to take my mind off it. I've watched 10 episodes of a cheery anime but my thoughts keep going back to the sad one, lord help me sad.gif

Check out my blog,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a reflection of anime, veganism and animal rights!
Latest post: Serial Experiments Lain and the Upper Layer of Reality
#1009 Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, I hope your mouth feels better soon, Yinchen! I think you need to stay away from the sad animes. Lol

Aristede

#1010 Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

I'm renting a room from a religious nut. SAVE ME!!!

#1011 Old 08-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

And he's a racist.

lipsrsealed2.gif

#1012 Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh my goodness, that's crazy. Just bear with it for now until you can figure out something better. Are you locked into a contract?

Aristede

#1013 Old 08-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

That sucks DS.

I am doing FAR better then I thought I was going to be. It is just a bit of soreness in the area of the operation and a bit of pinched nerves from there down my arm. I went on a walk today because I was going stir crazy. It was quite a beautiful walk in the park near the river. We even checked out the community garden. I did not know how beautiful okra flowers are. I am still going to rest as much as I can for a few days and no yoga for over a week. I think I am doing fine though! I just need to figure out sleep, that is uncomfortable and difficult.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#1014 Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope that you're able to get some rest, SuicideBlonde! Lack of sleep really affects the body.

Aristedebook2.gif

#1015 Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Not locked in a contract, but I'm here for at least a few months. Until business picks up.

#1016 Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:

Not locked in a contract, but I'm here for at least a few months. Until business picks up.

At least it gives you a reason to be up and about and out of the house a little bit more! Carpe diem!

Check out my blog,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#1017 Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Oh, I hope your mouth feels better soon, Yinchen! I think you need to stay away from the sad animes. Lol

Aristede

Nooo, it may seem detrimental in the short run, but it's good for my long term character growth, I swear!!

Haha, anyway, I haven't been writing fanfiction for awhile, but I decided to write a closure piece on 5cm/s, and with that I feel like I'm free again. And one my friends was really sceptical that anything I could write could enhance the mastery of the work, but he admits that I surpassed his expectations ^^

Here it is, for anyone who is interested (but I really recommend watching the show first): https://m.fanfiction.net/s/9575396/1/One-Last-Letter

Check out my blog,
#1018 Old 08-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingchen View Post

Nooo, it may seem detrimental in the short run, but it's good for my long term character growth, I swear!!

Haha, anyway, I haven't been writing fanfiction for awhile, but I decided to write a closure piece on 5cm/s, and with that I feel like I'm free again. And one my friends was really sceptical that anything I could write could enhance the mastery of the work, but he admits that I surpassed his expectations ^^

Here it is, for anyone who is interested (but I really recommend watching the show first): https://m.fanfiction.net/s/9575396/1/One-Last-Letter

I'll catch the show first then I'll read your fan fiction, as you recommend. ^_^

Aristedebook2.gif

yingchen likes this.

#1019 Old 08-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingchen View Post

At least it gives you a reason to be up and about and out of the house a little bit more! Carpe diem!

Yeah, but that costs money. And my pets miss me tongue3.gif Emma gave me kitty eyes yesterday when I left, she was sad.

SuicideBlonde likes this.
#1020 Old 08-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Yeah, but that costs money. And my pets miss me tongue3.gif Emma gave me kitty eyes yesterday when I left, she was sad.

Aww, poor Emma loves you so much. bigcry.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page