Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 33 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#961 Old 07-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Impeach the gangster

Just awoke from a 12-hour sleep marathon. Happy to see the world still turns, and the coffee-maker still functions!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#962 Old 07-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Just awoke from a 12-hour sleep marathon. Happy to see the world still turns, and the coffee-maker still functions!

Well, then! That means that you have plenty of energy to continue the great work that is moderating this forum! laugh.gif

Aristedesneaky.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#963 Old 07-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Impeach the gangster

I need to mow my lawns, but it may be too wet.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#964 Old 07-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks goodness I have no lawns to mow. I live in a condo in a six-flat.

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#965 Old 07-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Impeach the gangster

Ah, the joys of home ownership! And blowing snow in winter! Well, it's good exercise I guess.

#966 Old 07-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Impeach the gangster

I'm watching the fireworks go off over Disneyland via the Howard Johnson's live web "Mattercam."

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/take-a-tour/webcam

#967 Old 07-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I'm watching the fireworks go off over Disneyland via the Howard Johnson's live web "Mattercam."

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/take-a-tour/webcam

I can hear the Disneyland fireworks from my boyfriend's house. If you go on the 3rd floor, you can see them too :) It's an impressive show.

#968 Old 07-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I can hear the Disneyland fireworks from my boyfriend's house. If you go on the 3rd floor, you can see them too :) It's an impressive show.

Have you seen the new Cars Land? That webcam and YouTube videos is about as close as I get to go. Better than nothing.

#969 Old 07-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Have you seen the new Cars Land? That webcam and YouTube videos is about as close as I get to go. Better than nothing.

Of course smiley.gif I love it, it's awesome. The Radiator Springs Racers are one of the best rides in DCA. #1 is hands down Toy Story Mania. When RSR opened last year, my boyfriend and I waited in line for 3 1/2 hours. The ride kept breaking down. Since we went there specifically for that ride, we stuck it out.

#970 Old 07-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Time for laundry, except the cat wants to play.

Aristedebook2.gif

#971 Old 07-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Time for laundry, except the cat wants to play.

Aristedebook2.gif

Cat wins.

#972 Old 07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Cat wins.

Always! laugh.gif

In other news, I did something that I rarely ever do. I burned food! shocked.gif I soaked some chickpeas overnight and a short while ago I put them on the stove top to cook. Usually I play on my laptop and stay near the kitchen, but this time I left and went into my room. Some time later, my mom then yelled. "Something's burning!!!" And I was like, "Oh ****"".  So yeah, burned the chickpeas and the house smells like burnt popcorn. So I opened the windows, turned the vents on, and am soaking the pot now. I'll have to wash my hair 'cause it smells like burnt popcorn too. I used to have shorter hair and this wouldn't have been a prob, but now my hair is longer so...

And what did learn from this lesson, Aristede? 

To not leave a pot unintended? 

Exactly! 

Aristedesick.gif

#973 Old 07-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Done with the semester! (Well, if the final project was correctly) We wanted to do beach next weekend, but it may be raining tons. At least we will be away, I guess.

Aristede likes this.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#974 Old 07-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Done with the semester! (Well, if the final project was correctly) We wanted to do beach next weekend, but it may be raining tons. At least we will be away, I guess.

I'm sure that your final project went just fine! As for the beach, it has been raining a lot in Chicago, like every week and sometimes several days in one week. I like to take walks by the lake.

Aristedebook2.gif

#975 Old 07-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Tampa, FL is where I am and it has rained just about every day this month. Ridiculous. There may or may not be the remains of a tropical storm some point soon. Sunshine state my rear-end. I try to make it to the beach for weekends during my semester breaks since one of my sisters has a beach place that we use. I so need it this semester, I had a full load of classes and 70 hours of practicum/ volunteer work.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#976 Old 07-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I understand having a full load! I had full loads during my undergrad and my master's and it gets rough. That beach house sounds nice! It's important to have getaways! 

Aristedebook2.gif

#977 Old 07-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Sigh... I was just presented with an estimate for some work that needs to be done on some minor damage in my old apartment. $800 (Parts + labor)! Fortunately, I have the means to get pay it, but having to pay that sucks! My old landlord was extremely reasonable and he and I examined several quotes. Considering how old the property is I guess I should be glad it didn't top a thousand. Sigh. Life. sick.gif

Aristedebook2.gif

#978 Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Ouch! Money sucks.

I'm slightly hungover today and dealing with some family drama that I'd really rather not have anything to do with. My dad is crazy and it's frustrating! He apparently is in love with my boyfriend or something, he keeps insisting they go on vacation together when they don't even know each other and he barely seems to care if I'm there. He doesn't want to do anything if my boyfriend isn't there anyway, so weird. Apparently me being a girl is a buzzkill. dizzy2.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#979 Old 07-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Ouch! Money sucks.

I'm slightly hungover today and dealing with some family drama that I'd really rather not have anything to do with. My dad is crazy and it's frustrating! He apparently is in love with my boyfriend or something, he keeps insisting they go on vacation together when they don't even know each other and he barely seems to care if I'm there. He doesn't want to do anything if my boyfriend isn't there anyway, so weird. Apparently me being a girl is a buzzkill. dizzy2.gif

Haha! Well it's good that he likes your boyfriend, but perhaps it would be better if you all had pizza at a restaurant or something like that first before the whole vacation deal.

Aristedebook2.gif

Werewolf Girl likes this.

#980 Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 AM

It was my one year anniversary of being vegetarian yesterday! I can't believe it's been that long already :D

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#981 Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Yayyyy ! Goooo you! smiley.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieFee View Post

It was my one year anniversary of being vegetarian yesterday! I can't believe it's been that long already grin.gif
#982 Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Congratulations!

Beach tomorrow!

I might start a job at some sandwich shop starting August 13 and I start school back. I am going to enjoy my vacation. I just don't know what to do with myself in the other down time. I am normally so very busy.

Werewolf Girl likes this.

Marilyn Monroe
#983 Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Congratulations!

Beach tomorrow!

I might start a job at some sandwich shop starting August 13 and I start school back. I am going to enjoy my vacation. I just don't know what to do with myself in the other down time. I am normally so very busy.

I think that it's important to do nothing sometimes. While I like being busy, I've been learning how to like doing nothing lately. tongue3.gif

Aristedebook2.gif

#984 Old 07-31-2013, 10:07 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieFee View Post

It was my one year anniversary of being vegetarian yesterday! I can't believe it's been that long already :D

Yay! And to quote Star Trek, "The human adventure is just beginning!"

Quote:

Congratulations!

Beach tomorrow!

Yay, Beach!

The front yard is mowed! Finally. Still have the back to do.

#985 Old 07-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The front yard is mowed! Finally. Still have the back to do.

Considering how much work there was to keeping up my apartment, I better understand what you and my parents deal with in regards to home ownership. Of course there are many benefits to home ownership, but it's certainly not something to be taken lightly.

Aristedebook2.gif

#986 Old 07-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

Considering how much work there was to keeping up my apartment, I better understand what you and my parents deal with in regards to home ownership. Of course there are many benefits to home ownership, but it's certainly not something to be taken lightly.

Aristedebook2.gif

Oh, that hot-water system I was bragging about: well, just after I posted about it, it went on the fritz- had to have a new circuit board installed. Luckily, it's still under warranty!

All things considered, I like owning my own home, especially since it's paid for. I planted a tiny pine tree, about 8-years ago, and it's now as tall as me!

#987 Old 07-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh, that hot-water system I was bragging about: well, just after I posted about it, it went on the fritz- had to have a new circuit board installed. Luckily, it's still under warranty!

All things considered, I like owning my own home, especially since it's paid for. I planted a tiny pine tree, about 8-years ago, and it's now as tall as me!

Oh, good thing the system is still under warranty. And it's awesome that the tree has grown. I've never had much opportunity to wield a green thumb, mostly because the backyard is concrete! I would try my hand at container gardens, but my past experiences tell me that cats like to eat plants. I tried growing herbs a while ago, but it didn't work out. Maybe it's time to try again.

Aristedebook2.gif

#988 Old 07-31-2013, 11:34 PM
Impeach the gangster

I wish my thumb WAS green. Two other trees I planted got wiped out by the rains.

Did you run your cat through the washer the other day?

#989 Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I wish my thumb WAS green. Two other trees I planted got wiped out by the rains.

Sorry to hear about the other two trees. sick.gif I remember when my special bonsai died. The nice Vietnamese man I bought it from said that it was hard to keep it alive and tried to point me to the less spectacular-looking "money tree", which looked like it hard leaves coated in plastic resin.tongue3.gif Naturally I went with the bonsai because I like it and Japanese-style gardening (Side note: One of my favorite places in Chicago is the Osaka Japanese Garden in Jackson Park.... so nice!). Well, it wasn't before long before that bonsai showed signs it wasn't doing too well. I think I'll try again with bonsai's but I'm going to do more research. At $16 it wasn't the most expensive plant, but I'd like to have ones that last longer

Quote:

Did you run your cat through the washer the other day?

My cat is more likely to run me through the ringer! 

Aristedebook2.gif

#990 Old 08-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

Sorry to hear about the other two trees. sick.gif I remember when my special bonsai died. The nice Vietnamese man I bought it from said that it was hard to keep it alive and tried to point me to the less spectacular-looking "money tree", which looked like it hard leaves coated in plastic resin.tongue3.gif Naturally I went with the bonsai because I like it and Japanese-style gardening (Side note: One of my favorite places in Chicago is the Osaka Japanese Garden in Jackson Park.... so nice!). Well, it wasn't before long before that bonsai showed signs it wasn't doing too well. I think I'll try again with bonsai's but I'm going to do more research. At $16 it wasn't the most expensive plant, but I'd like to have ones that last longer

Bonsai- that must take a lot of patience!

The little pine tree, and another just like it, which is also doing good, except it's growing more sideways than upwards, both survived being sent through the US Mail from the Arbor Day Foundation.

Quote:

My cat is more likely to run me through the ringer! 

Aristedebook2.gif

I can just see the two of you, going 'round and 'round! tongue3.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page