Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 31 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#901 Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 PM

*eats lots of beans*

tongue3.gif
Werewolf Girl and veggiefee like this.

If I post anything offensive, it's society's fault, not mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#902 Old 07-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

THIS IS SO WEIRD: http://muppetswithpeopleeyes.tumblr.com/ laugh.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#903 Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 AM

Big Birds' picture is the creepiest. The other yellow character (don't know the name - the girly one) doesn't look too bad but it's still weird. 

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#904 Old 07-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Awwww cookie monster looks so sad .... he and Elmo were my favourites as a baby although the tickle me Elmo that was a kids favourite growing up was not my thing it looked like he was having some sort of spasm Lol however I did keep my rubber ducky ! grin.gif
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#905 Old 07-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

I think they're ALL the creepiest. They were so scary they made me laugh with fear. tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#906 Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Poor Jason, today is not his day....

#907 Old 07-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Yay, Michael came back!

Hi everyone, I've been away, but I'm back for now. If my computer doesn't die on me.

Aristede likes this.
#908 Old 07-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Yay, Michael came back!

Hi everyone, I've been away, but I'm back for now. If my computer doesn't die on me.

Welcome back! Glad that computer is still kicking for now at least. wink3.gif

#909 Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Welcome back! Glad that computer is still kicking for now at least. wink3.gif

I either need a new computer... or a miracle. tongue3.gif

I was looking at new laptops at: http://www.tigerdirect.com/ . That's the site my boyfriend used to build his computer. I can get a better laptop than I have now for like $600. That will be doable in a few weeks!

#910 Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

So I made a huge decision: I'm going back to school. My goal is to go to SAN DIEGO! That's my favorite city that I've been trying to get to for years. I'm finally going to make it work. I must be there by next fall, that would make me so happy.

#911 Old 07-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

So I made a huge decision: I'm going back to school. My goal is to go to SAN DIEGO! That's my favorite city that I've been trying to get to for years. I'm finally going to make it work. I must be there by next fall, that would make me so happy.

That is incredible, congratulations on the adventure ahead of you! San Diego sounds fun, I almost went there once. Will you miss Disneyland? tongue3.gif

#912 Old 07-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

My boyfriend has the t.shirt ! smiley.gif
#913 Old 07-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

That is incredible, congratulations on the adventure ahead of you! San Diego sounds fun, I almost went there once. Will you miss Disneyland? tongue3.gif

I'll still have a pass, so I'll go from time to time. The trip will be longer, but I'll do it :)

#914 Old 07-15-2013, 01:09 PM

I had three job interviews today and I've got another two tomorrow. I'm exhausted already!

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#915 Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

My boyfriend has the t.shirt ! smiley.gif

That's awesome, I didn't know it was on a shirt! I need to get that someday.
Quote:

I'll still have a pass, so I'll go from time to time. The trip will be longer, but I'll do it smiley.gif

Well good, I'm sure it's worth the trip! grin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieFee View Post

I had three job interviews today and I've got another two tomorrow. I'm exhausted already!

Wow, that's a lot. Congratulations on getting so many, you're sure to land something good! carrot.gif

#916 Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Yay, we're in the Veggie Patch again! Has anyone noticed the name change? Sounds so much better than "Off Topic Forum" tongue3.gif
Jennifer C likes this.

#917 Old 07-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What! No Oscar the Grouch?! whack.gif Yeah, the others with eyes are pretty creepy, but I love Oscar! cool3.gif

Oscar has that very grouchy, yet sweet demeanor. You just hate to love him. 

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#918 Old 07-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Congratulations on this move and I wish you well! I'm in the process of deciding if I want to go back to school for my PhD. I'm  giving it a lot of thought though. For right now, I'll just enjoy life a bit.

Quote:

Yay, we're in the Veggie Patch again! Has anyone noticed the name change? Sounds so much better than "Off Topic Forum" tongue3.gif

I remember it being called that a while ago, but I've never paid much attention to this part of the forum. That's got to change. There's hilarious stuff here! tongue3.gif

btw, The Veggie Patch sounds like it could be a game for vegetarians on Facebook. biker.gif

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#919 Old 07-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

I need to vent.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If you want to completely crush the self esteem and heart of someone you loved and date them for 5 1/2 years, lead them on that you want to marry them, dump them, and then marry someone else a year later.

Yeah, that happened to me. I've been emotionally drained for a week now. So sick to my stomach. I never really dealt with the breakup when it happened 3 years ago, I was just numb. All of my feelings flooded back and I've been miserable since I heard. I have a boyfriend I've been dating for 2 1/2 years and he's VERY understanding, but I am still battling these feelings. Why does it hurt so bad? I truly felt like he was my soul mate, I'm wondering if my heart still feels that way. dizzy2.gifbigcry.gif

#920 Old 07-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Impeach the gangster

That really sucks, Scully. I know, because it happened to me. That was almost 35-years ago. I won't say you'll never get over it, because you will. The heart wants what the heart wants. Here's wishing you sunny days, leafy trees and lots of friendship. I wish I could offer you more!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#921 Old 07-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

That really sucks, Scully. I know, because it happened to me. That was almost 35-years ago. I won't say you'll never get over it, because you will. The heart wants what the heart wants. Here's wishing you sunny days, leafy trees and lots of friendship. I wish I could offer you more!

Thank you.

This is the main reason I haven't been around lately. It's been an emotional roller coaster. I haven't had an appetite much, but it's getting better. Getting out of my apartment helps a lot, I spend most of my free time alone here. It gets depressing.

#922 Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Impeach the gangster

Well, I hope you're back for a while. You've been missed! I've been getting out some on my bicycle, enjoying the short summer season here. Soon it will be winter again and I'll be buried under the snow! I don't know what I'd do without the internet. So, are you going back to school?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#923 Old 07-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Scully, as a person who has not yet had any real success in the realm of romantic relationships, I have no advice to offer in that sense. However, I am sympathetic to your plight and I can hope that you are able to make peace with the situation and gain some modicum of closure. When you've invested a great deal of time into someone or something only to see it result in a totally unexpected way, it hurts. 

I offer the following quote as reassurance of good things to come. smiley.gif

Quote:
“No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!” 

Aristedebook2.gif 

#924 Old 07-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I need to vent.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If you want to completely crush the self esteem and heart of someone you loved and date them for 5 1/2 years, lead them on that you want to marry them, dump them, and then marry someone else a year later.

Yeah, that happened to me. I've been emotionally drained for a week now. So sick to my stomach. I never really dealt with the breakup when it happened 3 years ago, I was just numb. All of my feelings flooded back and I've been miserable since I heard. I have a boyfriend I've been dating for 2 1/2 years and he's VERY understanding, but I am still battling these feelings. Why does it hurt so bad? I truly felt like he was my soul mate, I'm wondering if my heart still feels that way. dizzy2.gifbigcry.gif

I'm so sorry, Heather. What a jerkface. hug.gif

#925 Old 07-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi!

Just popping in.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#926 Old 07-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Veggie Regular

** hugs ** Scully let those old memories fade .... Build new happy one's with your current boyfriend .... smiley.gif
#927 Old 07-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Hi!

Just popping in.

Hello there! How are you? You come back now, you hear? tongue3.gif

Aristede book2.gif

#928 Old 07-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Hi!

Just popping in.

Bonjour! hi.gif

#929 Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

That's how it should have been all along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Congratulations on this move and I wish you well! I'm in the process of deciding if I want to go back to school for my PhD. I'm  giving it a lot of thought though. For right now, I'll just enjoy life a bit.

Thank you! Good luck on your education too. PhD is impressive, but a lot of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Well, I hope you're back for a while. You've been missed! I've been getting out some on my bicycle, enjoying the short summer season here. Soon it will be winter again and I'll be buried under the snow! I don't know what I'd do without the internet. So, are you going back to school?

Thank you! And yes, I'm going back to school. I'll post an update on a separate post.

#930 Old 07-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Scully, as a person who has not yet had any real success in the realm of romantic relationships, I have no advice to offer in that sense. However, I am sympathetic to your plight and I can hope that you are able to make peace with the situation and gain some modicum of closure. When you've invested a great deal of time into someone or something only to see it result in a totally unexpected way, it hurts. 

Thank you again. I'm starting to heal. I still can't get it out of my mind, but it's getting a little better each day.

Quote:

I'm so sorry, Heather. What a jerkface. hug.gif

Thank you. Totally a jerkface. 1 year? That's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

** hugs ** Scully let those old memories fade .... Build new happy one's with your current boyfriend .... smiley.gif

Thank you! Trying, he's hanging out at my place now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page