Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 25 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#721 Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Hi! hi.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#722 Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 AM

Oh my goodness.. my uni shop has just started selling 'Goody Good Stuff' which is gelatine fee, gluten free, fat free and diary free with no artificial colours and is vegetarian.

AND I've only got two days left at university! Why couldn't they get this stuff earlier!

(http://www.goodygoodstuff.com/

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#723 Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

my house is famous on the internet. 

i love how they make it seem like a mystery. somewhere in atlanta! not somewhere, HERE. on MY HOUSE. 

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#724 Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

my house is famous on the internet. 

i love how they make it seem like a mystery. somewhere in atlanta! not somewhere, HERE. on MY HOUSE. 

That's neat!

#725 Old 04-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I wish I could live my life as a carefree, hippy, naked, artiest. Well, of course clothed when needed. I lack the artistic stills though.

Werewolf Girl likes this.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#726 Old 04-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Impeach the gangster

Just bought a used bicycle, and have been tooling around the neighborhhood. (*Puff puff puff puff*)

THE HUMAN ADVENTURE IS JUST BEGINNING....

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#727 Old 04-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

I should get my bike fixed up and take it out for a spin too, it is SO nice out. Hope everyone is having a fantastic day! grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#728 Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Impeach the gangster

Yeah, it's finally up into the 70's here. Spring at last! I want to get some baskets for my bike, so I can grocery shop with it.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#729 Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Hypocrisy and High Horses aren't my thing, So I'm outa here.

Beautiful day here as well, bout time!. LET THE SUN SHINE dancingbanana.gif sunny.gif

p.s. There's a grip of people logged in at the moment O.O

#730 Old 04-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTransition View Post

Beautiful day here as well, bout time!. LET THE SUN SHINE dancingbanana.gifsunny.gif

p.s. There's a grip of people logged in at the moment O.O

I noticed that too! Pretty awesome, also funny since it IS so gorgeous out and we're all on the internet. I swear I'm going outside soon! tongue3.gif

#731 Old 04-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I love spring!

I have been so very lazy today. I skipped work and I have just been in bed all day. My body is sore though, so i have a bit of an excuse.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#732 Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

I feel bloated and gross and it's too hot in here. I think it's time for a walk... brood.gif

#733 Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 AM

walked around the outside of the old empty house down the road at about 5:30am, on my walk......I have no idea why that house has stood empty for so long....maybe it is haunted.

I think it may have stood empty since I was a child....perhaps it was put in a will that the house should be left empty.

#734 Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Impeach the gangster

3-inches of NEW SNOW has fallen! It's May and it's snowing, fercryin'outloud!!!

#735 Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

It's a bit windy and rainy here too, I desperately want some hot sun already!

Having a good day though, got some sushi and now I'm busy transcribing and drinking green tea with lemon while the boyfriend plays Ratchet and Clank. tongue3.gif

#736 Old 05-03-2013, 05:14 AM
Veggie Regular

No work today, woot! Supposed to be a nice day here so will prob head out and enjoy the sunshine sunny.gif

#737 Old 05-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

No work today, woot! Supposed to be a nice day here so will prob head out and enjoy the sunshine sunny.gif

Awesome, enjoy it! grin.gif

I just got back from a trek out into the sunshine, we got a new fan and I picked up my pay cheque from the studio and we stopped at Booster Juice and I got a Green Hornet. Good day so far! Plus we're going to see Iron Man 3 later, all my nerd friends are raving about it so I'm hoping it will be a good summer action flick.

#738 Old 05-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Iron Man 3 was great! Definitely good fun, I enjoy all the snappy dialogue and all the Robert Downey Jr. smitten.gif

Also this made me giggle for a few minutes straight so I have to share it:

#739 Old 05-05-2013, 03:54 PM

The most important skill anyone learns at college is how to find your way to a bed, regardless of how drunk/high/tired you are.

If I post anything offensive, it's society's fault, not mine.
#740 Old 05-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

No work tomarrow! YYaa, think I'll go to a nursery and pick up some plants smiley.gif

#741 Old 05-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

hi.gif

Last day of Spring semester. I did my project on vegan and vegetarian nutrition today. i hate speaking in front of a class. I get nervous. I got an A in my food prep class. My GPA is 3.5 currently. I will see what happens when I get the grade from intro to dietetics. I hope I did well.

No more classes for a week then way too many.
DIE-2401 Nutrition Educ and Intrvwng
DIE-2419 Nutrition Ed Counslg Practicum
MCB-1060 Food Microblgy
MCB-1060L Food Microblgy Lab
For my summer classes. Scared of the practicum.

Werewolf Girl and Ewe Nanny like this.

Marilyn Monroe
#742 Old 05-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Bought a lavender plant today.It's still a baby.I'm gonna plant it in a wooden plant box I have, it's cute , looks like a basket.It's just over 12 inches long and about 5 inches wide with a handle.Gonna let the lavender take over the whole pot.It'll be beautiful when it's full grown.Can't wait.sunny.gif

#743 Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Bought a lavender plant today.It's still a baby.I'm gonna plant it in a wooden plant box I have, it's cute , looks like a basket.It's just over 12 inches long and about 5 inches wide with a handle.Gonna let the lavender take over the whole pot.It'll be beautiful when it's full grown.Can't wait.sunny.gif

I went to Lowe's today and saw lavender plants. They smelled good, but couldn't think of a use for it. What will you use it for?

I bought a giant tomato plant, it's already growing tomatoes! I'll post a picture later. Got some rosemary too.

#744 Old 05-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I went to Lowe's today and saw lavender plants. They smelled good, but couldn't think of a use for it. What will you use it for?

I bought a giant tomato plant, it's already growing tomatoes! I'll post a picture later. Got some rosemary too.

We saw tomatoe plants at the nursery as well, almost picked one up.The lavender, well when it does bloom I can put some in a sack and throw it in the drier to give my clothes a fresh smell or under my pillow to promote restful sleep.Tea, salads, it's nice in bath water.I can crush it up and make a facial mask out of it, so many things.I'm doing some reading on medicinal functions, I think it's pretty multipurpose.Plus it'll help keep the blood suckers at bay.Hate mosquitoes!

I've never been a fan of strong lavender scents, the fresh airy smell of lavender is the best.Alittle goes a long way.I do believe the leaves themselves have a few uses, this is my first lavender plant so I've got some reading to do to make the most of my new plant.smiley.gif

#745 Old 05-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyone remember the days of social ads in the back of newspapers? This is what mine would have looked like, with me being as I am now tongue3.gif

Slightly neurotic quirky vegan female seeking friends for fun filled outings ,exploring new places, enjoying the sunshine and late night goofy chatting.Friends MUST be ok with acting a bit odd in public and like to laugh a lot.High strung , stressed out ,pesamistic friends need not apply.

Yeah, that kinda says it all laugh.gif

#746 Old 05-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Anyone remember the days of social ads in the back of newspapers? This is what mine would have looked like, with me being as I am now tongue3.gif

Slightly neurotic quirky vegan female seeking friends for fun filled outings ,exploring new places, enjoying the sunshine and late night goofy chatting.Friends MUST be ok with acting a bit odd in public and like to laugh a lot.High strung , stressed out ,pesamistic friends need not apply.

Yeah, that kinda says it all laugh.gif

laugh.gif I would reply to that ad! You sound neat.

#747 Old 05-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Impeach the gangster

Yep. You sound like someone I'd like to meet!

Bought some baskets for my bike today. Mounted them myself. I feel so mechanical! I also switched from using my brown coffee mug to using the white one. What's life without variety?

#748 Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Beach weekend in a few hours. I just have to help mom out, deal with cat prepping, pack and drive. I so need it. I have two A's in Spring semester and a 3.5 GPA overall. I worked my behind off. I need a vacation. It is going to be rum, bf rum and the beach. There is also a pirate fest there that weekend, so we will go to a couple of the events. I am so happy for the break.

Marilyn Monroe
#749 Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Ugh, I have to work on this beautiful day sunny.gif

Have a few days off in row next week and think I'll put some yard twists in my hair.Though I can't add fun colors to it, due to work,it will be so low maintenance I shouldn't have to worry about my hair all summer.YYAA.Love low maintenance.It will prob take the whole three days I have off to put them in but oh well.Don't really wanna go back to dreads(had pink dreads when I was younger) so this will provide a nice happy medium.Plus they will keep me cool on those really humid days.

I might put a few strands of fushia in near the top, since I wear my hair up at work and can easily cover them in that area.So yeah , I'll be on my balconly for three days next week, twisting and twisting.tongue3.gif Maybe I'll post of pic of them when I'm done but since I'm lazy, I'll prob be lazy about it.

#750 Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Could you live on a dollar a day? An actual informative article found on Yahoo discussing poverty.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/around-the-world-abc-news/could-live-dollar-day-105939051.html?vp=1

I've lived in poverty.Though it was a short stint of homelessness for six months it is something that I consider poverty.Not having money to buy food and not knowing when your next meal was going to come from,when you will get to take a shower or wash your clothes,wondering if this potential employer is going to notice your address is the local shelter, is def poverty.

A dollar a day, at seven days.You've got seven bucks to get through the week.What do you buy? A bag of rice ,a bag of beans and maybe some day old donuts.Yeah the donuts will be rock hard by the end of the week but you'll chew through them knowing they are giving you the sugar you need to get through.If you've got anything left, you hoard it and put it into next weeks fund.

When I was homeless I ate a lot of ramen noodles.Besides looking for churches or community places that would serve out lunch.A lot of community services don't offer breakfast and night time meals, so if you find a place handing out lunch you jump at it.But plan ahead and don't get there at the last moment,besides the long line you will be waiting in they might actually run out of food.When that happens you end up with a PB&J sandwich, which is better than nothing and does give you some good fats.

I could survive on a dollar a day,it wouldn't be easy , even having experience it would be difficult.

It's unfortunate that although we have the food to feed the world, we don't.After all people want their money.Access is also an issue.Poverty is an issue but in discussing poverty we can't forget the effects of poverty on the people and how poverty limits what people can accomplish.It's not just how am I going to eat, it's much more than that.

During my homelessness I promised myself never again.I would never again allow it happen to me.But sometimes it not a matter of allowing things to happen.

I often wonder when the human race will stop and put their own self gratification aside to ensure a better future for all people.I don't hold much hope in that though.I do what I can and give when I can.

A dollar a day for even a short time, opens your eyes and offers lessons you won't soon forget.This post may seem a bit dreary but it's not exactly a happy subject.Just thought I'd share this article and the fact that " thank goodness" there are people out there trying to create change.

p.s. I did not include my experience to get condolences, it was many many years ago, so don't offer them.It was a life lesson I would never take back and I am a better person for it.

VeganChick2202 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page