Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieFee View Post

Sorry I'm late! grin.gif

Late gets you detention!! veganpolice.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Impeach the gangster

Cloudy out. It rained during the night. More coming, maybe. I need to get one of those barometers that hangs on the wall, so I can pretend to be a sea captain. Coffee's almost done.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#33 Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Impeach the gangster

Good.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Ankle Biter

I'm ready for a second cup. It's beautiful here today. I was planning to go to the gym for a light workout, but I think I'll take a walk instead and enjoy the autumnal beautyishousness.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#35 Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Cloudy out. It rained during the night. More coming, maybe. I need to get one of those barometers that hangs on the wall, so I can pretend to be a sea captain. Coffee's almost done.

Your post conjures up fond memories of this:

#36 Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Your post conjures up fond memories of this:

Fond memories!!! yes.gif

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#37 Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Impeach the gangster

Bring on the rain! We need it.

#38 Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:

When Goldfinger was released (I was about thirteen,) I bought a special-issue magazine about the film. My father took it away from me, because he thought the pictures were too risque!

The only Bond film that I ever saw at the cinema was Moonraker, when I was 12.  I can vaguely remember some of the 'plot', but I can't remember any of the gadgets or what car he drove.  I haven't seen any of the more recent Bond films and I can't remember the last time that I saw one of the 60's or 70's ones on telly.  The Bond character is very dated and should have been killed off with the end of the Cold War.

#39 Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry I'm late! grin.gif

Late gets you detention!! veganpolice.gif

I'm sorry!! bigcry.gif

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#40 Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning everyone! hi.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#41 Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 AM

Good evening, it's well after dark here.

#42 Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Impeach the gangster

Good morning and good evening.

I stopped going to the Bond films about the time Roger Moore took over the part. Thunderball had been a disappointment and You Only Live Twice was fairly ridiculous, plot-wise. I've seen portions of some of the later films on TV, but haven't seen much in them to get me interested again.

#43 Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Incidentally, Aston Martins, as driven by JB in Goldfinger, are still manufactured in this country, about 20 miles down the road from me in a factory next to the village of Gaydon in Warwickshire.  I don't know who can afford to buy them apart from film stars.

#44 Old 11-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

It's supposed to snow tonight! Keyword being "supposed", as last year all the predictions for the winter was it was supposed to be our worst and coldest one yet, but we never even had a proper snow until January (which was pretty weak), in addition to multiple summer-like days in December.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#45 Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm sorry!! bigcry.gif

It's ok...don't let it happen again! grin.gif
#46 Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Impeach the gangster

I'm worried about the weather. Last year, we had only a fraction of the snow we usually get, then this summer had a drought. Two years in a row like that could really hurt our forests.

#47 Old 11-11-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:

It's ok...don't let it happen again! grin.gif

Okay :D

I made vegetable soup for dinner but it was too watery!

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#48 Old 11-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

I'm the patio server tonight. It was 34 degrees last night brood.gif No one is going to want to sit out there. I'm going to try to talk my way into being moved inside so I can make money!

Are you Easterners laughing at me for thinking 34 degrees is cold? tongue3.gif

#49 Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Impeach the gangster

No, 34-degrees is cold enough.

Scully, when did you get married? I was so busy with work for a long time, I'm waaaay behind on news.

#50 Old 11-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

No, 34-degrees is cold enough.

Scully, when did you get married? I was so busy with work for a long time, I'm waaaay behind on news.

People always tease me because So Cal weather isn't as cold as it is where they live.

I was joking tongue3.gif I would love to marry Nathan Fillion, but I don't think he's down for that.

#51 Old 11-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Impeach the gangster

So you're still among the living, then?tongue3.gif I thought something very dramatic had happened!

#52 Old 11-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

I also wish I was married to Nathan Fillion bigcry.gif

Also it's SO cold out today and I don't want to do anything productive. I'm wrapped up in two blankets with hot tea and that's where I'm staying! mad.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#53 Old 11-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in the northeast and it was 67 today!

We spent most of the day doing everything we could outside before the freakish warmth turned into bitter cold and slush.

And hi hi.gif I never have time to sit and chat but my husband is playing with the kids and giving me a break grin.gif

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
#54 Old 11-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Ankle Biter

We had a lovely, warm day, too. I'm in the mid-Atlantic, and today was lovely. I took a 2 mile walk while listening to Cloud Atlas this afternoon. It was wonderful.

So I made Ho-cakes from Veg News this evening. They're a kind of drop biscuit with cheddar cheese (Daiya), onion and jalapeño. drool.gif We had them with stuffed acorn squash. OMG, I love fall foods!!!

#55 Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

NE here too...don't think we quite hit 67 but I'm sure it was close. Being a lover of everything Fall (including food) I'm torn between enjoying the break from the cold and wishing there was a tad more "crisp" to the air. I think it's going down to 45 by Wednesday...I will enjoy that because it will also be sunny.
#56 Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Impeach the gangster

Gonna get cold tonight, about 20, then way up to 25 tomorrow. Brrrrrrr!

#57 Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM

I can't think in Fahrenheit when people talk about temperatures.  According to my PC it is 11 degrees Celsuis in Milton Keynes; but then my PC doesn't know where I am.  Some days it thinks that I am in Leicester, which is at least a bit nearer.  On the BBC wesbite it is 11 degrees everywhere in the English Midlands.  A nice mild night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652221

#58 Old 11-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovOx View Post

I can't think in Fahrenheit when people talk about temperatures.  According to my PC it is 11 degrees Celsuis in Milton Keynes; but then my PC doesn't know where I am.  Some days it thinks that I am in Leicester, which is at least a bit nearer.  On the BBC wesbite it is 11 degrees everywhere in the English Midlands.  A nice mild night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652221

I was wondering, because earlier you posted that the Aston-Martin plant was 20-miles away. Since you're in the UK, I would have thought you would have used kilometers. But then, what do I know?

I had to look it up. 11-C equals 51.8-F.

EDIT:

It's 3-degrees Celsius in Wisconsin.

#59 Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 AM

No, we're very mixed up here.  We use miles but petrol is priced in litres, yet cars still quote mpg for efficiency!  We use stones for body weight (a stone being 14 pounds), but food is now sold in metric quantities, both loose and manufactured.  Picture frames are sold in metric sizes, yet photographs are still printed in imperial measurements.  I could go on, I'm sure that there are many other inconsistencies ...

Incidentially, the British media are great when it comes to reporting temperature 'extremes'.  If its cold, they'll use Celsuis, so they can say it's sub-zero, if it's warm they'll use Fahrenheit, 'cause 90 degrees sounds warmer than 32!

#60 Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Impeach the gangster

What bugs me about American wrenches (spanners?) is, they're measured in fractions of inches. 1/2-inch isn't so bad, but if you need a 17/32-inch, it's a PITB!wall.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page