Yak For Power I: The New And Improved VB Chat Thread - Page 101 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1194Likes

#3001 Old 12-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

I just had warm vegan pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls for breakfast with my boyfriend. Perfect Sunday.

How's everyone doing this weekend? I'm planning to alternate between cleaning and watching Star Trek: Voyager on Netflix.
Purp and Symondezyn like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3002 Old 02-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Impeach the gangster

You can't argue with chocolate.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#3003 Old 02-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
You can, you'll just lose.
Capstan and Symondezyn like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3004 Old 02-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
You can, you'll just lose.
Yeah, that's what I mean. How is everyone tonight?
Purp likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#3005 Old 02-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm fine. I haven't watched the evening news yet, so that might have something to do with it.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#3006 Old 02-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
I'm fine. I haven't watched the evening news yet, so that might have something to do with it.
I've given up on the media news. I don't watch it anymore. It's rigged. I think I get a more accurate picture of what's going on from what I glean from social media. A sorry state of affairs.
Purp likes this.

#3007 Old 02-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

I see the news constantly online and it's really stressing me out. I feel kind of helpless but I can't stop reading or else I feel uninformed.
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3008 Old 02-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I see the news constantly online and it's really stressing me out. I feel kind of helpless but I can't stop reading or else I feel uninformed.
I do, too. I read the morning paper (Seattle Times), and watch the BBC news (it's on PBS here in the states), and NBC News and our local news, as well.

#3009 Old 02-05-2017, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
What's happening is so extreme and is changing, and threatening to change, basic hard fought rights. No matter who are, it's going to effect you and those you want to protect. You need to know because you need to act.

My government officials are now contacts on my phone and email, with office addresses saved. Thinking of giving this administration a 'chance' is the same as hiring a babysitter who's had multiple rape accusations, just not been convicted. No, just no. If you find they work at your daycare, or school, do you give them a chance? No, you get them out. You do everything you can to remove them
Mojo, Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3010 Old 02-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Veggie Regular

It's snowing here, and I hope wherever @karenlovessnow is, it's snowing there, too.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#3011 Old 03-19-2017, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

This is an accurate assessment of my weekend.

#3012 Old 03-20-2017, 03:07 AM
person

this is good
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#3013 Old 03-20-2017, 03:48 AM
person

That was pretty lame. It is a good idea though.

I have nothing to say except that I had to break out of hospital in the meddle of the night on Saturday. Well not really. Couldn't get past the locked doors and they wouldn't open them for me so I called the cops and told them I was being held against my will. They called me asked some questions and said they were only a couple of minutes away but I think the hospital staff cut them off at emergency.

My husband came but he couldn't get in the locked doors. He slid in when the doctor came in

The witches posing as nurses called a doctor up to talk to me but I told him he sounded like a psychiatrist, LOL. He said he had been psychiatristso I leaned over and said "I hate Psychiatrists'. Don't think that made him very happy but I do hate parasites, sorry I meant psychiatrists .

This was a neurology ward not a &^(*ing psych ward and I had't signed any admission forms for god sake and they wouldn't give me my meds.
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#3014 Old 03-20-2017, 10:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post

I have nothing to say except that I had to break out of hospital in the meddle of the night on Saturday. Well not really. Couldn't get past the locked doors and they wouldn't open them for me so I called the cops and told them I was being held against my will. They called me asked some questions and said they were only a couple of minutes away but I think the hospital staff cut them off at emergency.

My husband came but he couldn't get in the locked doors. He slid in when the doctor came in

The witches posing as nurses called a doctor up to talk to me but I told him he sounded like a psychiatrist, LOL. He said he had been psychiatristso I leaned over and said "I hate Psychiatrists'. Don't think that made him very happy but I do hate parasites, sorry I meant psychiatrists .

This was a neurology ward not a &^(*ing psych ward and I had't signed any admission forms for god sake and they wouldn't give me my meds.
Sorry to hear this. I'd retain an attorney, if I were you.

#3015 Old 03-22-2017, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post

What an awful experience! Are you okay now?

I'm sorry that happened to you, hospitals are supposed to help us but sometimes they can be horrible.

#3016 Old 03-23-2017, 12:07 PM
Plant Powered

Good gracious, and I thought I was having a rocky week! Sorry to hear what you had to go through @BlueMts - I hope all is well now. *hugs*
#3017 Old 03-24-2017, 06:02 AM
person

Thank you all for your well wishes.

I have been thinking as has my husband who is my legal guardian because of the mess my brain is in. I have 3 doctors in my immediate family and 70% of a lawyer(my husband has 30% to go on his legal course). He manages a small legal practice atm and he has discussed it with his boss who has done a lot of things in this area

I wonder if I want to make waves for my brother (well known dr).

Well I am going to make waves regardless. Husband and his boss agree.

Starting tomorrow finding out the names of the nurses in question and proceeding from there.Have to make an official complaint to the hospital first. I will be angry until I do something.

To add insult to injury I told them that I am a vegan (I usually use vegetarian because I have several meds with lactose in them) they brought me a salad sandwich with BUTTER and no say milk for coffee or tea. Most my meds are supposed to be taken with food - what food?
Purp and leedsveg like this.

#3018 Old 06-21-2017, 12:11 AM
Impeach the gangster

Happy summer! (And to those Down Under, happy winter!)

#3019 Old 09-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

I hope you got your kids, or yourselves off to Platform 9 3/4 top get to Hogwarts for the first day of school.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/1...ending-n798036

#3020 Old 09-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

It's September! It's officially acceptable to start dreaming about fall and sweaters and all things pumpkin now right?
Purp likes this.

#3021 Old 09-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Vegan since 1991

Lots of veg festivals coming up soon.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#3022 Old 09-18-2017, 09:33 PM
Veggie Regular

It's finally RAINING!!! YES!!! No more smoky skies, no more breathing through a handkerchief, no more coughing and sneezing...YEAH!!!

#3023 Old 09-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's finally RAINING!!! YES!!! No more smoky skies, no more breathing through a handkerchief, no more coughing and sneezing...YEAH!!!
I'm so psyched about the rain too! I've never been happier for things to go back to wet and cold after that hellish summer... Bring on the chill!
Purp likes this.

#3024 Old 12-23-2017, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

My nickname has finally catched me in a real life. During taking a photo for my ID, I've heard from the photographer: "OK, now try to look less scary". Anyone need to hire a scarecrow?

Merry Christmas for everyone.
silva and Purp like this.

#3025 Old 12-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Hey there @Scarecrow !
Purp likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3026 Old 12-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Hey there @Scarecrow !
Hello @silva

While I'm here maybe I'll share what I've learned so far.

When you go veg*an, don't be too concerned about proteins intake, it's better to establish the right amount you need individually than to follow the official general guidelines. In some cases aminoacids overdose can cause headaches, fatigue, problems with thinking, general depression-like symptoms, in extreme cases even permanent brain damage, and it can get worse with age (or start to appear), when metabolism slows down. If your brain works better when you have fever or you're starving, it's definitely worth to check yourself in this area. Hope it can help someone to avoid this hidden trap, remember that official guidelines are not good for everyone.
Purp likes this.

#3027 Old 12-25-2017, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Merry Christmas, everyone.
We have snow!!! Wheeee!!! (I'm such a 12-year-old when it comes to snow).
Hi @Scarecrow ! LTNS.

#3028 Old 12-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Hi @Scarecrow ! LTNS.
Witaj @Purp , LTNR (it's chronic money shortage on my side ).

I know I'm a bit of (choco)late, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
You can't argue with @Capstan saying you can't argue with chocolate
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

#3029 Old 12-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
My nickname has finally catched me in a real life. During taking a photo for my ID, I've heard from the photographer: "OK, now try to look less scary". Anyone need to hire a scarecrow?

Merry Christmas for everyone.
Haha, looking scary can be fun. It keeps the weirdos away!
Purp likes this.

#3030 Old 12-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Haha, looking scary can be fun. It keeps the weirdos away!
Not when it keeps Everyone away. And I guess it means from the definition that I'm the weirdo, so it's not always true also, it definitely doesn't keep ME away from myself! :P
Purp likes this.

Last edited by Scarecrow; 12-31-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page