#2971 Old 07-15-2016, 12:50 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2972 Old 07-15-2016, 03:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Does anyone besides me ever wonder about the entire human race, as a whole, or am I alone in that.

You are not alone. I think there are many of us who feel that. We just try not to dwell on it because, sometimes, I don't know how I can get through another day unless I close myself off in my safe little bubble. My anxiety issues have soared in the last five years or so and I think it's, in part, due to all the "bad stuff" that gets circulated, now, because of the technology we have and social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#2973 Old 07-16-2016, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post
You are not alone. I think there are many of us who feel that. We just try not to dwell on it because, sometimes, I don't know how I can get through another day unless I close myself off in my safe little bubble. My anxiety issues have soared in the last five years or so and I think it's, in part, due to all the "bad stuff" that gets circulated, now, because of the technology we have and social media.

Thanks, I think. I'm not sure that's good news or not...

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2974 Old 07-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

I love the new VB banner, it looks snazzy!
danakscully64 and Purp like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2975 Old 08-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

*waves hi*

I remember people in this thread!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#2976 Old 08-17-2016, 12:55 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Hi Skylark and welcome back! 😊
#2977 Old 08-17-2016, 01:35 AM
Veggie Regular

*waves hi back*

#2978 Old 08-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
*waves hi*

I remember people in this thread!
Hi @Skylark !! How've you been?? It's been too long.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2979 Old 08-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Skylark!!! How have you been?
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2980 Old 08-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been good! Fairly exhausted right now from harvesting food for hungry people most of the day and evening. I got a break in the afternoon to work at the collective art gallery downtown. Would you believe it's my day off from my day job?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#2981 Old 09-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool Muwhahahahaha

I, the most evil person in the whole of H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks, has done it again. We went to a barbecue take out place () and I wrote "Go Vegan" on the tip jar.

#2982 Old 09-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I, the most evil person in the whole of H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks, has done it again. We went to a barbecue take out place () and I wrote "Go Vegan" on the tip jar.

Lol...awesome!

Purp likes this.
#2983 Old 09-07-2016, 01:49 AM

I like those ears!
Purp likes this.
#2984 Old 09-12-2016, 01:04 PM
99% Vegan

@Purp I learn to deal with how society is getting more negative by simply reminding myself of the blessings I have and remembering that no matter what happens, I will still be able to get through this. For example, (Just pretend that this is only a History story here): Job in the Bible survived even though his life was really bad. Also, whenever a community goes through something really bad, they tend to band together, and become more united. Laws often change for a greater good. There are several laws on the books that are named after the victim. Look for the good that happens after the bad that occurred. This is what I found that helps. (Yes, I am a believer and I find my faith helps me too, but I tried to write this without bringing my faith into this, as I do not wish to offend anyone.)

Here is a link for examples of laws that came into effect because of the victim.
Purp likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Allergic99%Vegan
#2985 Old 09-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

4.5 more days until my CPC (certified professional coder) exam. I've been doing some timed practice exams and my last four practice exams have averaged 84-86% (my first practice try I totally bombed with 64% but I have learned some strategies since then) so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I only need 70% to pass the exam, but it's 5 hours and 40 minutes and 150 questions. My last certification exam 2 years ago for my RHIT certification was only a 3.5 hour exam and not as crazy detailed as this one. I went to the testing site on Saturday to check it out. It's in a small room in a basement with no windows lol. And there are tables arranged in a circle. No bathroom breaks. I won't be having a smoothie for breakfast that day lol. At least I have one free retake if I fail. And this certification is not crucial for me, it's just a bonus, so i need to calm down. I am just so done with studying!
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2986 Old 09-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
4.5 more days until my CPC (certified professional coder) exam. I've been doing some timed practice exams and my last four practice exams have averaged 84-86% (my first practice try I totally bombed with 64% but I have learned some strategies since then) so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I only need 70% to pass the exam, but it's 5 hours and 40 minutes and 150 questions. My last certification exam 2 years ago for my RHIT certification was only a 3.5 hour exam and not as crazy detailed as this one. I went to the testing site on Saturday to check it out. It's in a small room in a basement with no windows lol. And there are tables arranged in a circle. No bathroom breaks. I won't be having a smoothie for breakfast that day lol. At least I have one free retake if I fail. And this certification is not crucial for me, it's just a bonus, so i need to calm down. I am just so done with studying!
You can do it!!! Go, @Naturebound GO!!

#2987 Old 10-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

I had pumpkin pie with coconut milk whipped cream for breakfast, life is amazing.
karenlovessnow likes this.

#2988 Old 10-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Why, oh why can't I be here?? I want to see this.

#2989 Old 10-16-2016, 08:32 AM
adapt. evolve. become

Hi everyone

All we are is dust in the wind
#2990 Old 10-16-2016, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Hi!

I'm watching cartoons on a rainy Sunday morning. Perfect.

#2991 Old 10-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Huntress View Post
Hi everyone
How've you been, @Pirate Huntress ? Everything all right?

#2992 Old 10-18-2016, 12:59 PM
adapt. evolve. become

Quote:
How've you been, @Pirate Huntress ? Everything all right?
I suppose so. Just a bit boring and uneventful.
I do have lessons to look forward to every week though.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

All we are is dust in the wind
#2993 Old 10-19-2016, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

I can't sleep lately! I was supposed to go to bed half an hour ago...

#2994 Old 10-20-2016, 01:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I can't sleep lately! I was supposed to go to bed half an hour ago...
HUGS

I have the opposite problem. I went to bed last night at 7pm I was so exhausted. And now here I am wide awake at 3am lol.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#2995 Old 10-20-2016, 01:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I miss ledboots.
Pirate Huntress and Purp like this.

#2996 Old 10-20-2016, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
I miss ledboots.
I miss @LedBoots , too. Also @River , @Semicharmed , and @Tofu nsprouts.
Naturebound likes this.

#2997 Old 10-21-2016, 02:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I wonder if Tofunsprouts is the same person that has the most awesome vegan food blog! I have countless recipes I make from her blog:

http://tofu-n-sproutz.blogspot.com/
Purp likes this.

#2998 Old 10-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Me too...

Quote:
I wonder if Tofunsprouts is the same person that has the most awesome vegan food blog! I have countless recipes I make from her blog:

http://tofu-n-sproutz.blogspot.com/
It is! She's got a lot of great recipes, I forgot all about that thanks for posting.
Purp and Naturebound like this.

#2999 Old 11-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

A little about me.

Purp and Naturebound like this.

#3000 Old 11-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Also between daylight savings and my new disturbing habit of going to bed early like a responsible adult I ended up waking up at 6am. 6am on a Sunday. On the bright side I have more time off before work tomorrow I guess...
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page