Hello, strangers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#572 Old 07-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

YES! Slut posts now count in post totals!!! dancingbanana.gif

Well that's cool, makes it feel like my inane ramblings count for something. wink3.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

Hello, strangers!

Howdy! hi.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#573 Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Ankle Biter

ReaganNC! How's that handsome young man doing?

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#574 Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

ReaganNC! How's that handsome young man doing?

He is fantastic except he is currently cutting 4 teeth, two of which are molars, so he's Mr. Crankypants. He helped me make pizzas today. By helped, I mean he got flour everywhere, ate more toppings than he actually put on the pizza, and had a ton of fun. Just as it should be.
#575 Old 07-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I just shut the tip of my finger in the car door.

bigcry.gif

Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

I hope you feel better soon. What have you been eating in Moscow? 

Cafeteria food. Looking at this place, it clearly does not have the best food safety standards. One person in our group had to be hospitalized due to food poisoning. Luckily, my symptoms are pretty mild. I think they may be gone this morning. I still feel a little crampy, but the fact that yesterday's dinner has not yet passed through me is a good sign.

#576 Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Hello, strangers!

Reagan is back! 

#577 Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Reagan is back! 

Yep! How are you?
#578 Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yep! How are you?

I'm pretty good. Currently spending the summer in Russia, but heading back to the States in a few weeks. How have you been?

#579 Old 07-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I'm pretty good. Currently spending the summer in Russia, but heading back to the States in a few weeks. How have you been?

I am doing well. Chasing a toddler around these days. Speaking of which, I'd better head to bed. He rises early.
#580 Old 07-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh man i'm pretty sure i just went through some weird flashback/dissociation episode. My bf texted me and said things in a manner that reminded me of how my ex treated me, i got super emotional and crap and it literally felt like i was 16 again dealing with all that stuff, i had to remind myself i wasn't with my ex, it's many years later and i'm pregnant. I guess with the hormones, stress, and having him gone it all lined up right to create that, and then i was super confused after, not fun, and i've never dealt with anything like that before, i don't like my brain undecided.gif

#581 Old 07-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Ankle Biter

Awwww - poor AlixJ - it probably is your hormones. And, sorry to say, they hit even harder right after the baby is born. At least they did with me. I was a weepy, sobby mess in those early weeks.

Looks like it's going to be a rainy stormy day here. It will be a good night to make pasta. lick.gif

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#582 Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Ankle Biter

I think I'm going to unsubscribe from several friends on FB, at least until after the election. Everyone is getting so darn political these days. sad.gif

#583 Old 07-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that Alix hug.gif

And Poppy, I know what you mean. I'm not even in the US and I still get a flood of political stuff from everywhere.

I'm going to treat myself and get Emilie Autumn's new album F.L.A.G. and also the new Fiona Apple album. I rarely buy new music so I'm excited grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#584 Old 07-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

This I wrote somewhere else, but I am putting it here because I almost fell for a puppy today and want Poppy to read the story.

Driving from seeing batman Joe stopped for a dog in the road. He handed me a tiny chihuahua dog named "baby" then walked across a busy road to a cop who happened to have a guy pulled over. The cop flipped and yelled at Joe so we drove off. Baby was loven on me, so sweet and scared. We drove to find a gas station to call the number on the name tag and the cop was behind us. The cop said a guy came after we left asking about a dog being lost. I gave the dog to the cop and we left. I almost want a dog, but not quite. Baby was so cute.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#585 Old 07-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I have been feeling like almost sick for days. I feel sicky today. I hope to feel better in time to go on our trip.

I want soup.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#586 Old 07-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

This I wrote somewhere else, but I am putting it here because I almost fell for a puppy today and want Poppy to read the story.

Driving from seeing batman Joe stopped for a dog in the road. He handed me a tiny chihuahua dog named "baby" then walked across a busy road to a cop who happened to have a guy pulled over. The cop flipped and yelled at Joe so we drove off. Baby was loven on me, so sweet and scared. We drove to find a gas station to call the number on the name tag and the cop was behind us. The cop said a guy came after we left asking about a dog being lost. I gave the dog to the cop and we left. I almost want a dog, but not quite. Baby was so cute.

Quote:

I have been feeling like almost sick for days. I feel sicky today. I hope to feel better in time to go on our trip.

I want soup.

That's awesome about the dog, but I'm sorry you're feeling sick. Hope you feel better soon!

I've been a little under the weather myself, my nose has been all runny. I guess it's from allergies, but I kind of have that almost sick feeling too and the back of my throat is kind of scratchy. We'll see, I've been trying to get a lot of sun and eat my fruits and veggies. Gotta think healthy thoughts, it's too nice out to get sick cool3.gif

#587 Old 07-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:

I am sooooo thankful you stopped and picked him up!!! That's a nice ending - you undoubtedly saved him from being run over, and he found his way back home. Best for everyone! thumbsup.gif

#588 Old 07-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Ankle Biter

Apparently I'm going to live. tongue3.gif

I had some blood work done at my annual back in June. There were 31 tests, of which I had 21 "optimal", 5 normal, and 5 "high risk" results. My doctor sent me the results with a note to call the lab's "health care coach" to talk about my risky results.

Well, as it turns out, my higher than normal cholesterol (209) is due to my very high good cholesterol, and is nothing to worry about. Three of the other risky results are markers that are inherited, and I'm doing everything right by eating low saturated fat and no cholesterol, and the last risky issue was probably a result of the high percentage of carbohydrates I eat being vegan, and isn't really a concern.

So, yay. smiley.gif

And phew! sweatdrop.gif

Yeah, I'm kind of a chicken about being sick. tongue3.gif

#589 Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Yippy, Poppy!

I am trying to plan things that are cheap and free for our vacation, but not finding much.

Marilyn Monroe
#590 Old 07-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Ankle Biter

Is this the trip to the keys?

#591 Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, we are leaving Thursday Morning. The drive is like 7-8 hours.

Marilyn Monroe
#592 Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a not so secret hope that Joe will propose on the vacation. I doubt it, but he surprises me. I was a bit drunk the other night and brought that up.

I swear I can not stop talking when I drink. I can not hold a secret that way.

Marilyn Monroe
#593 Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

If that does not happen it will not be a worry. It is our first out of town vacation together. I will enjoy it anyway.

Marilyn Monroe
#594 Old 07-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Ankle Biter

I'll have my fingers crossed SB! tongue3.gif

But for fun cheap stuff to do, sun-bathing, walking on the beach, looking for shells, and taking pictures are all super cheap and such a big part of a beach vacation. Oh, and there's everyone's favorite vacation activity! hump.gif That's pretty inexpensive, too! tongue3.gif

#595 Old 07-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Looking for some crazy road side attractions we can stop by on the way or on the way back.

hump.gif Lots will be had!

I am not finding a topless beach. Only miami.

Marilyn Monroe
#596 Old 07-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Speaking of blood work lol i'm getting it redone because now i have symptoms of iron deficiency anemia, but when i last got it done and since the beginning all my nutrient levels have been good, even when not eating that great. Being pregnant which puts you at more risk for it and being veggie and knowing i have plenty of the vitamins i need feels awesome! It's like haha take that meat eaters! lol nobody can say crap about needing meat for iron if even when i'm at the highest risk, they've been fine for most of the time.

#597 Old 07-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Alix, if you're not taking iron supplements, it wouldn't be at all surprising if you had developed iron-deficiency anemia in your pregnancy. I would say the same thing if you were an omni. Good luck on the labs! smiley.gif
#598 Old 07-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Sluts!

#599 Old 07-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Ankle Biter

Hi DKS64!

DH is having his 6th out of 8 rounds of chemo today. 2 more, and done! hamster.gif

#600 Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Hi DKS64!
DH is having his 6th out of 8 rounds of chemo today. 2 more, and done! hamster.gif

I had no idea he was going through that. I wish him a strong recovery and I'm sending lots of hugs to your family hug.gif

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page