SFP C: Sluts In Black : ) (AKA The VB chat thread) - Page 19 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#541 Old 07-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Nummy!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Ankle Biter

I also grilled okra. I think it's the first time I've ever cooked fresh okra. It was really good... and the dogs loved it!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#543 Old 07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Love it!

So hung over today. Ouch!

Boo, that sucks! I drank a bit last night but managed to not overdo it this time, hope you're feeling better now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

I also grilled okra. I think it's the first time I've ever cooked fresh okra. It was really good... and the dogs loved it!

That sounds interesting, I've only tried okra once and I don't really remember what it was like. I've been meaning to give it a try. Is it bitter at all? I can be kind of picky with new veggies sometimes but if it doesn't have a weird strong flavour I'll go for it tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#544 Old 07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Quote:

Love it!

So hung over today. Ouch!

Boo, that sucks! I drank a bit last night but managed to not overdo it this time, hope you're feeling better now.
Quote:

That sounds interesting, I've only tried okra once and I don't really remember what it was like. I've been meaning to give it a try. Is it bitter at all? I can be kind of picky with new veggies sometimes but if it doesn't have a weird strong flavour I'll go for it tongue3.gif
Okra is weird and goopy, stay away! shocked.gifwink3.gif
#545 Old 07-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Okra is weird and goopy, stay away! shocked.gifwink3.gif

No it isn't. tongue3.gif

It's not at all bitter - it actually doesn't have a whole lot of taste. I brushed it with olive oil and gave it some hefty salting and peppering and then grilled it.

A lot of people don't like the texture of okra. I guess it can get slimy when it's steamed, so most okra recommendations I've seen either want you to coat it with corn meal and fry it, or grill it like I did. I am not a picky eater, though. I honestly can't think of a vegetable I don't like - which comes in handy being vegan!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#546 Old 07-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Ankle Biter

Tonight we're having blueberry pancakes for dinner, with broiled grapefruit and "sausage". lick.gif

#547 Old 07-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

Tonight we're having blueberry pancakes for dinner, with broiled grapefruit and "sausage". lick.gif
Broiled grapefruit is so goood! grin.gif:thumbup:
#548 Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I think I am allergic to grapefruit. It seems every time I have it my throat itches.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#549 Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Ankle Biter

I want to eat some cereal but I have cherry-flavored b-12 still in my mouth and I don't think it will go well with shredded wheat. sad.gif

#550 Old 07-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

hi.gif

I accidentally napped for two hours today. I hope I can still sleep tonight.

#551 Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Starting some regular (vegan) wheat bread.

Marilyn Monroe
#552 Old 07-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Ankle Biter

Yay me! I bought the cutest dress at a consignment shop today.

#553 Old 07-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

My stupid bread is not rising. Stupid bread.

Marilyn Monroe
#554 Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Ankle Biter

Make pita bread?

#555 Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

My stupid bread is not rising. Stupid bread.

Did you proof the yeast? Is it warm enough?
#556 Old 07-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Ahh crap i think i have iron deficiency anemia, explains why i have a sudden intense compulsion to eat crushed ice all the time, and my restless legs and dizziness. I need to get my levels tested again, idk when they will do it again, plus i'm trying to switch clinics and haven't seen a doctor in 7 weeks undecided.gif

#557 Old 07-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Ahh crap i think i have iron deficiency anemia, explains why i have a sudden intense compulsion to eat crushed ice all the time, and my restless legs and dizziness. I need to get my levels tested again, idk when they will do it again, plus i'm trying to switch clinics and haven't seen a doctor in 7 weeks undecided.gif

Oh no, that sucks! I hope you'll be able to get it checked out soon hug.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#558 Old 07-26-2012, 04:38 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

I hope you're feeling better, and that you get your OB situation straightened out soon. smiley.gif Meantime,have you had your blood pressure checked? If not, I recommend it; you can do it at one of those pharmacy machines. Also, some pregnant women's restless leg is helped by eating foods containing potassium, like orange juice or bananas.
#559 Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Ugh....my tummy has been bothering me for the last 24 hours. I hope it goes away soon, because I'm going on an overnight trip tomorrow. I'm leaving Monday and I'll be back in the States on August 8th. I'll be so happy to get back to my normal diet.

#560 Old 07-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Ya i have a blood pressure machine, it's always fine. I really wish once i made the effort to try to transfer to another clinic that they would take on the rest of the responsibility, i shouldn't have to call every freaking day to see if my old clinic faxed over the papers and then call the new clinic to see if they got them, you would think they could freaking talk to one another and work it out and call me once i can get an appointment. I'm 32 weeks their cutoff is 35 weeks, and my old clinic is lagging, and yet when i leave the old clinic i can't go back, so if for some reason the new clinic couldn't take me, i'm totally screwed.

#561 Old 07-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Ankle Biter

I just shut the tip of my finger in the car door.

bigcry.gif

#562 Old 07-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Ugh....my tummy has been bothering me for the last 24 hours. I hope it goes away soon, because I'm going on an overnight trip tomorrow. I'm leaving Monday and I'll be back in the States on August 8th. I'll be so happy to get back to my normal diet.

I hope you feel better soon. What have you been eating in Moscow? 

#563 Old 07-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I just shut the tip of my finger in the car door.

bigcry.gif

Ow! sad.gif

#564 Old 07-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Awww, VB is achey lately. Feel better guys!

I'm drinking coffee and putting off getting ready and doing anything productive. I need to go grocery shopping later and clean and do work but it's sunny out and I just want to go to the beach and fall asleep on a log.

#565 Old 07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I kind of did the pita thing. I put them on a sheet then I saw to put on a rack. I do not know what I did wrong otherwise. Oh well, I will try a diffrent recpie next time.

I hope everything turns out well, Alix.

One week then go out of town!

Marilyn Monroe
#566 Old 07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Awww, VB is achey lately. Feel better guys!
I'm drinking coffee and putting off getting ready and doing anything productive. I need to go grocery shopping later and clean and do work but it's sunny out and I just want to go to the beach and fall asleep on a log.

I wish I were near a beach. Our closest beach is probably close to 2 hrs. away. And no logs.

My finger is SORE! I have a blood blister on the tip and a black bruise under my nail. sad.gif

#567 Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Awe, sorry about the finger.

I am so bored with myself. I have nothing to do.

Marilyn Monroe
#568 Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Ankle Biter

Thanks.

I ate a vegan whoopie pie to comfort myself. And I washed it down with Jack Daniels, so it's not hurting quite as much as it was earlier. tongue3.gif

#569 Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Ankle Biter

I need to go to the gym tomorrow.

#570 Old 07-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Ankle Biter

YES! Slut posts now count in post totals!!! dancingbanana.gif

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page