SFP C: Sluts In Black : ) (AKA The VB chat thread) - Page 12 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#331 Old 06-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

I think Firefly has my least favourite theme of all Joss Whedon's shows but it always gets stuck in my head. Curse you, Whedon! tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Really hot outside and an energetic bunch of dogs at the shelter this morning. I'm wiped out.

#333 Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I think Firefly has my least favourite theme of all Joss Whedon's shows but it always gets stuck in my head. Curse you, Whedon! tongue3.gif

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#334 Old 06-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay i get to see my bf today, for a little bit, then he's back on the road.

#335 Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

20120616_162304.jpg

i got my ring lol, is that pic too big?

#336 Old 06-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Ankle Biter

It's beautiful. yes.gif

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#337 Old 06-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Pretty ring, Alix!
#338 Old 06-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Gorgeous ring, I love the colour grin.gif

It's pouring rain here and I just got back from a really long walk, my legs are exhausted in the best way. There are so many flowers and birds to look at right now, I love it. Even though I'm in the middle of the city I still really like wandering around and looking at all the plants and animals, there's still so much life even with all the concrete. In fact I saw a bunch of little green plants sprouting right out of the middle of the sidewalk because there was a layer of dead rotting leaves for them. I wonder if you'd even be able to see any concrete anymore if we didn't touch anything for a few decades.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#339 Old 06-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Beautiful ring!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#340 Old 06-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I hope you get your vacation soon, SuicideBlonde, or we'll have to change your name to "MurderBlonde"!  :D

HaaaHaaa!

I feel as if I am having hot flashes, but I am not quite 32. Wow.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#341 Old 06-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

HaaaHaaa!

I feel as if I am having hot flashes, but I am not quite 32. Wow.

How weird! Hope you're okay.

I just realized we still have iced coffee syrup in the back of the fridge and I just bought more almond milk. Totally making a tasty coffee beverage as soon as I feel like getting up.

#342 Old 06-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I love it! smitten.gif

I like things a little more country than some though...
#343 Old 06-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Nice new avatar, btw, Werewolf Girl. smiley.gif
#344 Old 06-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

I love it! smitten.gif
I like things a little more country than some though...

It's definitely his most country theme. "I don't mind, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

Nice new avatar, btw, Werewolf Girl. smiley.gif

Thanks! A friend turned me into a South Park character ages ago, I think it's basically what I'd look like in cartoon form. smiley.gif

#345 Old 06-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks all, it's his birthstone

#346 Old 06-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

I'm working on a tape right now about a guy who's obsessed with bugs and keeps dozens of different types of spiders, scorpions and centipedes in his house. Apparently people don't know a lot about centipede venom so he voluntarily got stung by over 20 different types of centipede and somehow didn't die. One time the venom was particularly bad and the lymph node under his armpit swelled to the size of a golf ball and his arm ballooned to three times its normal size and was incredibly painful. Then after that healed he just kept going and got more centipedes to sting him to test the results shocked.gif

If I didn't already think people were insane my job would certainly convince me of that fact.

#347 Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm working on a tape right now about a guy who's obsessed with bugs and keeps dozens of different types of spiders, scorpions and centipedes in his house. Apparently people don't know a lot about centipede venom so he voluntarily got stung by over 20 different types of centipede and somehow didn't die. One time the venom was particularly bad and the lymph node under his armpit swelled to the size of a golf ball and his arm ballooned to three times its normal size and was incredibly painful. Then after that healed he just kept going and got more centipedes to sting him to test the results shocked.gif
If I didn't already think people were insane my job would certainly convince me of that fact.

Eww....

#348 Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Eww....

I'm learning a lot about how venom works, I'm also learning that if it weren't against my ethics I would probably go through the forest with a flamethrower and burn everything that creeps and crawls laugh.gif

Die centipedes, die! rifle.gif

#349 Old 06-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What is your job again?

#350 Old 06-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

What is your job again?

I log and transcribe footage for cheesy Canadian reality TV shows, this one is about strange animal obsessions.

#351 Old 06-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

It's pouring rain here and I just got back from a really long walk, my legs are exhausted in the best way. There are so many flowers and birds to look at right now, I love it. Even though I'm in the middle of the city I still really like wandering around and looking at all the plants and animals, there's still so much life even with all the concrete. In fact I saw a bunch of little green plants sprouting right out of the middle of the sidewalk because there was a layer of dead rotting leaves for them. I wonder if you'd even be able to see any concrete anymore if we didn't touch anything for a few decades.

Nice sentiment! smiley.gif *like*
#352 Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Gorgeous ring, I love the colour grin.gif

I think about that kind of thing a lot. Imagining what it would be like if plants started retaking cities without human interference. I think ruins are neat, so it would be cool to see ruins of modern times.
#353 Old 06-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Just heard a female voice shouting/screaming from my window. Very scary. I listened for a moment to verify that I even heard it and when I certainly did, I couldn't tell if it was someone having sex or someone in trouble. I went outside to the little guard/attendant sitting on the floor and told him about it. He told me not to worry, that there are many security guards downstairs, and that these things happen and that people drink too much. (What he said is hazy, because this all happened in Russian and I didn't catch every word.) He made it sound like the security guards were already taking care of it.The yelling has stopped, but I am horrified that there might be someone out there in trouble and I don't know what to do.

I saw several groups of people from the window walking around outside, none of them seemed to be reacting to the noise, but I don't want to fall victim to bystander effect. I really hope that it is just drunken sex and not somebody who needs help...

#354 Old 06-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I think/hope everything is fine now. I even hear a construction crew working outside, and there are at least two security guards out there. I've also heard more people walking around both in the halls and outside. 

I am so jumpy in Russia. My anxiety has just gone through the roof. I'm sure only part of this is Russia's fault.

#355 Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

In other news, I tried one of Moscow's vegetarian cafes today with my roommate, who is also veg. It was delicious. I just had pasta with cream sauce and veggies, a simple dish in the States, but something hard to come by in Russia. Also, fresh squeezed orange juice. Unfortunately, a lot of Russian juice is not good. Much of it even has added sugar!

#356 Old 06-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I think/hope everything is fine now. I even hear a construction crew working outside, and there are at least two security guards out there. I've also heard more people walking around both in the halls and outside. 

I am so jumpy in Russia. My anxiety has just gone through the roof. I'm sure only part of this is Russia's fault.

Having security guards around is definitely a good sign, if you haven't heard anything else I guess there's not a lot else you can do. I'd be feeling jumpy and anxious too, traveling is always a little nerve wracking and being in a new environment puts your senses on high alert.
Quote:

In other news, I tried one of Moscow's vegetarian cafes today with my roommate, who is also veg. It was delicious. I just had pasta with cream sauce and veggies, a simple dish in the States, but something hard to come by in Russia. Also, fresh squeezed orange juice. Unfortunately, a lot of Russian juice is not good. Much of it even has added sugar!

Yay, a vegetarian cafe! That sounds good, how has it been finding food to eat there as a veg*n?

#357 Old 06-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yay, a vegetarian cafe! That sounds good, how has it been finding food to eat there as a veg*n?

Not bad. I'm not eating the healthiest well-balanced diet, but it's overall okay. One of the studetn cafeterias is supposed to be a healthier option, so they always have pasta or rice and vegetables. It would be really hard to be vegan here, damn near impossible unless you cooked everything for yourself and went to exclusively vegetarian restaurants. 

#358 Old 06-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Beginner

hello, hello, hello....miss me?

#359 Old 06-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Beginner

of course, seeing all the posting names in here....not sure many of you even know who i am

#360 Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey, what's up.

Marilyn Monroe
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page