SFP XCIII- Coffee, Chocolate, Whine, Wine... We like slutting all the time... - Page 49 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1441 Old 08-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

You really do! Now I'm curious as to what you *do* eat!

Really pretty basic: veggies, fruits, pastas, beans, rice and cereals. I went veg when I was living at home in Northern Wisconsin and learned to make meals from the scant variety of things that were available at the tiny grocer. I was lucky to find fresh produce! Old, boring habits die hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1442 Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have access to Middle Eastern food? We'll start there
#1443 Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Veggie Regular

So, do you just steam or fry veggies and eat plain beans? How do you feel about spices?

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1444 Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I've never tried the Amy's veggie burgers, I should someday.

We must be on the same cycle then. for the birthday girl!

Come over, I'll shake you up one. I got a cocktail strainer and I'm practicing pouring using counts like a bartender. I might work towards moving up to bartender.

I wish I could come over! It is so much fun making cocktails. I used to make them years ago, I made Pina Coladas, this minty one, Cosmopolitans, various martinis and Midori cocktails.

I actually did a short bar course years ago but I am *really* slow in the kitchen so dont think I could make a career out of it.... : )
#1445 Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm... not sure on Middle Eastern but the area I'm in is definitely getting more global and is a far cry from where I was living.

I steam, fry and sometimes boil veggies. I love making sandwiches and salads of a variety of raw veggies. I'll do beans in soups, baked, (re)fried, with rice, etc. I have no fear of spices... our spice rack is fully equipped. I rely a little too heavily on mock meats since moving in with my omni hubby.
#1446 Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Minty ones = Mojitos?

I love Pina Coladas, I have the mix for that. I have the ingredients for a Cosmo and you can bet this girl has Midori too!!! My first legal drink was a Midori sour.

I'm trying to learn so if I do get promoted at work, I'll be fast. I'm a snail now.
#1447 Old 08-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Since you love spices, I'm excited for you to try new things!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveKnit View Post

I steam, fry and sometimes boil veggies. I love making sandwiches and salads of a variety of raw veggies. I'll do beans in soups, baked, (re)fried, with rice, etc. I have no fear of spices... our spice rack is fully equipped. I rely a little too heavily on mock meats since moving in with my omni hubby.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#1448 Old 08-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

Will I get a royalty check?

Of course!

Quote:

Really pretty basic: veggies, fruits, pastas, beans, rice and cereals. I went veg when I was living at home in Northern Wisconsin and learned to make meals from the scant variety of things that were available at the tiny grocer. I was lucky to find fresh produce! Old, boring habits die hard.

The nice thing about veg*n foods is that you can use these staples in many different cuisines. One of my goals is to be an expert in Indian cooking. Oh, it's good stuff.

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." --Martin Buber
#1449 Old 08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Minty ones = Mojitos?

I love Pina Coladas, I have the mix for that. I have the ingredients for a Cosmo and you can bet this girl has Midori too!!! My first legal drink was a Midori sour.

I'm trying to learn so if I do get promoted at work, I'll be fast. I'm a snail now.

My favourites are Pina Coladas, Strawberry Daquiris, Bellinis, and I went through a Margarita phase at one point too.

The mint drink was called a Grasshopper as I remember.

Drool... not vegan but someone could use coconut cream or some other milk. It is Creme De Menthe, Creme De Cacao and fresh cream.
#1450 Old 08-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

My first legal drink was a Midori sour.

When I used to go to bars at university they had these silly bottled drinks that had this disgusting sour taste. They were fizzy and the bartender would open and add raspberry cordial in the bottle. They were like the original alcopop lol....
#1451 Old 08-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Since you love spices, I'm excited for you to try new things!

I'm excited too. I want to raise my son with a much greater variety of food than I was exposed to... and encourage my husband to reconsider his omni ways when he's enticed by yummy new dishes.
#1452 Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieP View Post

Of course!

The nice thing about veg*n foods is that you can use these staples in many different cuisines. One of my goals is to be an expert in Indian cooking. Oh, it's good stuff.

Very true. I'd like to try Indian food. We have an Indian restaurant in the area that I've heard good things about. Any recommendations to look for on the menu?
#1453 Old 08-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Now my eye is really hurting. How the hell do you get pinkeye, anyway?? I've never had it before. My eye keeps going blurry, too.

I already have an appointment to see my allergist Wednesday evening, so hopefully he can prescribe ms something, if it's still bad.

My throat still hurts, too. Took a Tylenol, but I'm out of the nighttime ones. I'm afraid to take my temperature, it was a little high this morning.

Pinkeye is usually bacterial, but it can happen a ton of different ways. It's super-contagious, so I'd make a point to wash everything you come in the general vicinity of. Hope everything clears up soon.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#1454 Old 08-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Now my eye is really hurting. How the hell do you get pinkeye, anyway?? I've never had it before. My eye keeps going blurry, too.

I already have an appointment to see my allergist Wednesday evening, so hopefully he can prescribe ms something, if it's still bad.

My throat still hurts, too. Took a Tylenol, but I'm out of the nighttime ones. I'm afraid to take my temperature, it was a little high this morning.

Another question: Why do I have to TELL husband that clothes with holes and stains are not appropriate for charity?

Hope you're feeling better soon!

This thing of males and clothes... sigh. My husband has a shirt he wears that has a hole from armpit to waist and another that is so threadbare that you can see his nipples and hair through it... he doesn't understand why I think it's time he tosses them. He suggested we at least try to get a few cents for them at the rummage sale.
#1455 Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I LOVE Indian!

If you are vegan, ask about ghee or cream in things. Aloo Gobi is cauliflower and potato and is so god. Dal or Dahl is a soup that is amazing when done right. Chana masala is a tasty chickpea dish. Naan is a delicious bread (sometimes not vegan) and veggie samosas are a fab appetizer.
Quote:

Very true. I'd like to try Indian food. We have an Indian restaurant in the area that I've heard good things about. Any recommendations to look for on the menu?

#1456 Old 08-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

My favourites are Pina Coladas, Strawberry Daquiris, Bellinis, and I went through a Margarita phase at one point too.

The mint drink was called a Grasshopper as I remember.

Drool... not vegan but someone could use coconut cream or some other milk. It is Creme De Menthe, Creme De Cacao and fresh cream.

Those are good.

Oh my gosh, want want want!!

Quote:

When I used to go to bars at university they had these silly bottled drinks that had this disgusting sour taste. They were fizzy and the bartender would open and add raspberry cordial in the bottle. They were like the original alcopop lol....

Zimas?

Quote:

Rubbing your eye after coming into contact with someone who has it.

Quote:

I used to guzzle amaretto sours. Now anything with sour mix make my stomach hurt, bad. Like it's filled with acid.

Never had one of those, but they sound interesting (almond sore combo). I think I need a better sweet and sour mix, it's too sour and not enough sweet. I noticed my stomach doesn't feel as good after drinking it and it's more tart than others brands I've had. Kinda gives me heartburn too.
#1457 Old 08-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I LOVE Indian!

If you are vegan, ask about ghee or cream in things. Aloo Gobi is cauliflower and potato and is so god. Dal or Dahl is a soup that is amazing when done right. Chana masala is a tasty chickpea dish. Naan is a delicious bread (sometimes not vegan) and veggie samosas are a fab appetizer.

Mmm... thanks for the tips. Now to convince hubby it's time for a date night...
#1458 Old 08-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

I remember liking runny yolk when I was still eating eggs. I really liked how it mixed with the syrup I put on them.

You put syrup on eggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

If Jamie spends any more time bashing her head against the wall, she's going to be completely addled by the day of her wedding.

Jamie, everything is going to be OKAY.

I hope so.

Quote:

We must be on the same cycle then. for the birthday girl!

Same here. :hugs: to both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

Some from Amazon, some from Abe Books this time. The thing that's added up this semester is my history class which has 9 required books. Previously I've never spent this much.

Damn, that's a lot of books.

Quote:

Another question: Why do I have to TELL husband that clothes with holes and stains are not appropriate for charity?

Pinkeye is not fun. I remember having it in 5th grade, not knowing I had it,and they sent me home. I was wondering why they sent me home, as I felt fine.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#1459 Old 08-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Veggie Regular

We have the kiddos tonight, and they crashed. We took them to a barbecue at their uncles house and wore them out. E still fights sleep, her latest excuse? "I have a headache". I'm laughing, because she picked that up from C, and yes, you are thinking of the context right.

Apparently C told B that they didn't eat dinner, when actually they did. She fed the girls top ramen. She also didn't make them wear socks, even AFTER B spent $200 on school clothes for the both of them.

#1460 Old 08-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Those are good.

Oh my gosh, want want want!!

They were delicious, choc mint is one of my favourite flavour combinations

I miss making cocktails, I dont go out enough to have them at the moment.

Quote:
Zimas?

Yes possibly that is what they are. They were called Vaults here though.
#1461 Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I used to love Zima when they first came out!

I haven't touched anyone other than Husband recently.

I am usually ok if I have one amaretto sour in a bar or restaurant, but homemade is very bad to me.

I was too young to drink when they came out

I mean, touched anything that someone else touched who had pink eye. Pink eye sucks, I've had it once or twice as a child.

Quote:

They were delicious, choc mint is one of my favourite flavour combinations

I miss making cocktails, I dont go out enough to have them at the moment.

Yes possibly that is what they are. They were called Vaults here though.

I LOVE mint chocolate too, especially Andies mints.
#1462 Old 08-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Just looked up what they are (Andies mints). Yum, I wish we had something like that...

Quote:
I was too young to drink when they came out

Technically I was too... but I used to use my brother's girlfriend's ID to get into bars. They were pretty lenient back then....
#1463 Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I like long island iced tea

Also, is it a Moscow mule? The mule with Ginger beer.

I like my cocktails so you can taste the booze, otherwise they're just like oversugary juice. I want some kick!
#1464 Old 08-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Hm. Maybe I got pinkeye from someone at work. Though I never use anyone else's stuff or touch anyone else. My team lead's infant son had it two or three weeks ago, but I don't work directly with her or use anything she also uses. Well, I guess if I got it there, they won't mind me spreading it all around there, too.

Maybe somebody else that uses stuff between the two of you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I like long island iced tea

I discovered a couple weeks ago that long island iced teas don't actually have iced tea in them. Weird.

#1465 Old 08-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG, this freakin' child will not go to bed. E is *trying* to sleep, where as CH is physically tired, but is fighting it so hard. She actually got up to get a book, tried reading it to E, and E threw it across the room. I know she's tired, we wore her out, but my gosh she is getting on my last nerve.

#1466 Old 08-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I dont think I would have any trouble falling asleep, I feel so groggy. I am going to bed soon, at the unusual hour of 8.00pm. I just forced dinner down even though I have no appetite and no sense of taste or smell. Didnt stop me from eating a whole lot of chocolate before, strangely.
#1467 Old 08-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

I discovered a couple weeks ago that long island iced teas don't actually have iced tea in them. Weird.

nope, they're just about four different spirits, plus a splash of coke. They are remarkably similar to iced tea though
#1468 Old 08-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I am running ridiculously early again today. If I can squeeze myself out of bed a few minutes early, I might be able to fit a run in before work sometimes. That would be good.

Not really sure what to do with myself, if I leave now the tube will be crammed. Might as well just go sit down, have a coffee.
#1469 Old 08-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Veggie Regular

uhhh i have to work at 4am whoops
thought shifts started tomorrow
oops.
#1470 Old 08-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

OMG, this freakin' child will not go to bed. E is *trying* to sleep, where as CH is physically tired, but is fighting it so hard. She actually got up to get a book, tried reading it to E, and E threw it across the room. I know she's tired, we wore her out, but my gosh she is getting on my last nerve.

I feel your pain. I am dead tired, but my son (10 months old) is apparently convinced it's 3 PM not AM. He's ready to party! The up side is... he'll sleep in now.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page