VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Fun n' Games (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/58-fun-n-games/)
-   -   Today I'm happy that... (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/58-fun-n-games/120841-today-im-happy.html)

smob 01-11-2011 07:10 AM

There are threads for pet peeves and little gripes but I thought it might be nice to have one for the things that made you happy today or any other day.

I need more positivity in my outlook too.

I'll start:

Today I'm happy that my building has a smoking area in the basement of the parking garage where it's not warm, but much warmer than outside!

smob 01-11-2011 10:30 AM

Wow, 27 views and no replies.

If that isn't a diss, I don't know what is.

Please nobody ever again accuse ME of being the most negative person here.

AddieB 01-11-2011 10:33 AM

Today I'm happy that I work up to 3 kitties snuggled up on-top of me

*AHIMSA* 01-11-2011 10:36 AM

Today I'm happy that I'm going to get a decaf soy latte tonight!!!

Crow-Caw 01-11-2011 10:36 AM

Today I'm happy that in two freaking days I will be seeing my mum and brother for the first time since 2007.

Pirate Huntress 01-11-2011 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I'm happy that my Ball Python's wound is looking much better.

smob 01-11-2011 10:38 AM

Today I'm happy that the ignore function exists.

Earthling 01-11-2011 10:39 AM

Today, I'm happy to be in a job that I love and look forward to EVERY day. It's so fulfilling! Today I got to work with my favourite ox and give him many hugs and kisses and I also had a good laugh with my supervisor.

I am also happy that I got to wear my fabulous new scarf which the best friends ever bought for me! It says "cow hugger" and everyone, even the manager, said how nice it is and that I must have very good friends

Kibbleforlola 01-11-2011 10:42 AM

Today I am happy that I got another snow day! I got to spend all day with my boyfriend, in our robes 'working' from home.

I am happy that I woke up with a Very Large Dog snuggled up next to me keeping me warm.

I am happy that my homework was fun (seriously, I got to write about how much I love my books )

I am happy that even though so much negativity and pettiness surrounds me, I am able to ignore it and even laugh it off.

I guess I am a happy person in general.

Sevenseas 01-11-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

In my experience, when one starts a thread, it's not that uncommon that it first has many views without replies.

Shauna_m 01-11-2011 10:48 AM

I'm happy that I made it safely home from work and our staff meeting tonight was canceled. I'm staying in for a while. Oh, and that I still have some delicious cashews left.

smob 01-11-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

In my experience, when one starts a thread, it's not that uncommon that it first has many views without replies.

*shrug*

I don't care anymore. I'm not even upset, I'm just laughing at some of the ridiculousness I see on a daily basis.

fadeaway1289 01-11-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Caw View Post

Today I'm happy that in two freaking days I will be seeing my mum and brother for the first time since 2007.

That is awesome! I hope you all have a happy reunion!

Today I'm happy that some potential family drama was avoided.

I'm happy that the sun came out for a few hours despite it only being in the teens.

I'm happy that my friend's pregnancy is going okay so far without any complications.

Snowcone 01-11-2011 01:58 PM

I'm happy that my first day of the semester went off without a hitch. There's even a course I'm legitimately excited about.

Poppy 01-11-2011 02:00 PM

Today, I am happy that on a day of "wintry mix", I can stay home and sew and paint.

MikeLines 01-11-2011 02:02 PM

Today I'm happy that Tosh.0 is coming on tonight.

smob 01-11-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLines View Post

Today I'm happy that Tosh.0 is coming on tonight.

Awesome, I love that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yally 01-11-2011 02:23 PM

I am happy that my customers think I'm better at the window display than my manager

yally 01-11-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

If that isn't a diss, I don't know what is.

Please nobody ever again accuse ME of being the most negative person here.

Wow taking things too personally here? What happened to being positive?

Beetlejuice 01-11-2011 05:41 PM

Deleted

clarita osita 01-11-2011 07:54 PM

Today I am happy that I have a table with a heating element under it, so even if the rest of my apartment is in the 40s I'm nice and toasty.

*AHIMSA* 01-11-2011 07:57 PM

^ That is cool!

dormouse 01-11-2011 07:59 PM

Today I'm happy that all of my new classes seem awesome.

More so, I'm happy about a new, budding romance!

*AHIMSA* 01-11-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

More so, I'm happy about a new, budding romance!

Ooh la la! That makes me happy too!

mlp 01-11-2011 08:03 PM

Today I am happy that I have good friends.

Werewolf Girl 01-11-2011 08:32 PM

Today I'm happy that I saw my singer/songwriter friend play an awesome show last night with some new material I hadn't heard before

I'm happy that I had chapatis with mashed potato and cauliflower gravy and samosas for lunch from an awesome South Indian vegetarian restaurant by my house

I'm happy I have a space heater under my desk at work right now so my toes don't freeze

I'm happy I'm going to be seeing Sarah Kramer in person this month at her fundraiser for the animals at Karmavore. I'll get a calendar and a vegan cupcake or croissant and some nifty deals and all the proceeds are going to help piggies at Hearts on Noses Pig Sanctuary

I'm happy I have my warm boyfriend and kitty to snuggle with when I get home tonight, nothing like sharing your home with other mammals when it's chilly out!

spherion 01-11-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Today I am happy that I have good friends.

today I am happy that I had no classes

smob 01-12-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

Wow taking things too personally here? What happened to being positive?

What can I say, I'm a total a-hole.

Today I'm happy that it's hump day and that I had a lovely dinner last night with a very dear old friend...my mentor and favorite teacher from high school. It was wonderful and I hope we do it again sometime.

rockette79 01-12-2011 06:24 AM

Today, I'm happy because I have a job interview on Fri.

I confess to viewing the thread and not commenting. I wasn't particularly happy at that time.

Poppy 01-12-2011 06:28 AM

Today I'm happy that my house will be clean by this afternoon.