Today I'm happy that... - Page 98 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1832Likes

#2911 Old 04-29-2017, 07:05 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Yay for the robins nesting so close, Capstan. I love watching those beauties intently listening for their meals.

The dragonflies and purple martins have returned. They always accompany me in my mowing adventures. I guess to them it's like an all you can eat buffet in motion. lol
Capstan and Purp like this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2912 Old 04-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowtions In Motion View Post
Yay for the robins nesting so close, Capstan. I love watching those beauties intently listening for their meals.

The dragonflies and purple martins have returned. They always accompany me in my mowing adventures. I guess to them it's like an all you can eat buffet in motion. lol
Every time I take my pooch Fleur into the back yard, the robin starts scolding us, and has taken to dive-buzzing Fleur to warn her not to get too close to her nest. Last spring, there were baby rabbits in a burrow. We'll see what happens this year.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#2913 Old 04-30-2017, 03:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Every time I take my pooch Fleur into the back yard, the robin starts scolding us, and has taken to dive-buzzing Fleur to warn her not to get too close to her nest. Last spring, there were baby rabbits in a burrow. We'll see what happens this year.
I too have a robin nesting in the eves of my front porch. She comes back every year and does the same. This year she seems less aggressive, but other years she would divebomb me every time I checked my mailbox or walked by the front porch lol. She still chases off any bird, squirrel or other animal in a 50 yard radius. I've seen her drive off blue jays. A mother's instincts are amazing lol.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2914 Old 05-01-2017, 10:40 AM

Today I am happy that I have one more night with my husband before his job whisks him away for two weeks... that part makes me sad though.
I am going to make his favorite Vegan taquitos for dinner <3
#2915 Old 05-01-2017, 11:06 AM

Today I'm happy that my husband and daughter decided to try going vegan!

Vegan: because I'm being the change I wish to see in the world
#2916 Old 05-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamato3 View Post
Today I'm happy that my husband and daughter decided to try going vegan!
Congratulations!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2917 Old 05-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Today, I'm happy that a walk through the yard and woods (that are far away from society and chemical interference) delivers most of the ingredients for my lunch time salad. Abundance surrounds, only most folks pay dearly (in more ways than one) to have it all removed so their grass looks good. Sighs.
Purp likes this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#2918 Old 05-04-2017, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I found this app, and it's hilarious. I love the Monkey Island reference in here (Yes, I am a gaming dork. No,you don't have to point that out. Thanks).

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2919 Old 05-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Veggie Regular

My books were at the library today...And it was warm and sunny here, so I could sit outside and read.

#2920 Old 05-11-2017, 02:05 AM
Impeach the gangster

I found out that robins, even though they have red markings, have blue eggs. Mama robin is nesting three of them.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#2921 Old 05-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Happy to learn I can easily make my own flower essences at a fraction of the cost and that so many things are in bloom. Easier and less time consuming than making a typical tincture, too. Bonus.
Purp and Naturebound like this.

#2922 Old 05-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Impeach the gangster

The babies have hatched! Sorry about the blurry photo, but I didn't want to disturb them by getting too close.
Attached Images

Purp, Naturebound, BlueMts and 1 others like this.

#2923 Old 05-15-2017, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

My partner and I had plans to go tent camping Wednesday night to Sunday. but the forecast is awful...high wind, thunderstorms, 40-55 degree temps, and rain almost the entire time except Friday is supposed to be nice. We were dreading the cold and wet. we must be getting old lol. At any rate, today we frantically called around to some cabins and were able to reserve the last one available in the area we planned to go to, and they accept dogs too! I am so relieved. We can still do outdoor things during the day, but have a warm dry place to come back to in the evening. We decided to cut out Wednesday night to save money, but the cabin is still very reasonably priced. Its been a very long time since I have stayed in a cabin. Looking forward to this trip now lol.
Capstan, Purp and Ferncat like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2924 Old 05-15-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
My partner and I had plans to go tent camping Wednesday night to Sunday. but the forecast is awful...high wind, thunderstorms, 40-55 degree temps, and rain almost the entire time except Friday is supposed to be nice. We were dreading the cold and wet. we must be getting old lol. At any rate, today we frantically called around to some cabins and were able to reserve the last one available in the area we planned to go to, and they accept dogs too! I am so relieved. We can still do outdoor things during the day, but have a warm dry place to come back to in the evening. We decided to cut out Wednesday night to save money, but the cabin is still very reasonably priced. Its been a very long time since I have stayed in a cabin. Looking forward to this trip now lol.
Have fun! I love camping!
Purp and Naturebound like this.

Vegan: because I'm being the change I wish to see in the world
#2925 Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Have a great time. You just described camping in Washington.
Naturebound likes this.

#2926 Old 05-16-2017, 06:26 AM
Impeach the gangster

Today I'm happy the crabapple tree is in bloom. Spring is finally here. Getting some rain, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crabapple 2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	16081  

#2927 Old 05-16-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Today I'm happy the crabapple tree is in bloom. Spring is finally here. Getting some rain, too.
That tree is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.
#2928 Old 05-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Gorgeous tree, @Capstan . Just don't blink or winter will come right back and bite you in the badoockah.

#2929 Old 05-16-2017, 10:00 PM
person

I am happy that my MIL cooked a vegan meal with tofu and vegetables when we were not even visiting - just for her and FIL. OK - she spoiled it by using bacon ("it was in the fridge and couldn't be wasted") but she knows about Not Bacon and will use that next time.

I am also happy that I have some blood left after visiting the vampires (pathologists).
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#2930 Old 06-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I am happy I got my poetry books out of storage. Now, all I need to do is get my cookbooks out...

#2931 Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

I'm happy that I walked out the front door first thing this morning to find two baby bunnies frolicking in the yard, then walked out the back door to see a baby bear crossing the field. So much beauty surrounds us within our days.
Purp likes this.

#2932 Old 06-08-2017, 11:04 PM
Veggie Regular

My nephew's Little League Team in Australia won their game 10-2, while doing a live stream, so we got to watch here in Seattle.

#2933 Old 06-09-2017, 05:35 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

I'm happy to have had the chance to sit and watch three baby foxes frolicking around for a while. Cuteness overload!
Purp likes this.

#2934 Old 06-09-2017, 06:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Very pleased with the British election results today. After a relentless campaign of the most twisted and hostile MSM attack I've ever seen on any political leader, including from traditionally liberal / left-wing stalwarts such as the Guardian and BBC, the Labour party managed somehow to deeply damage the anticipated Tory landslide. Good news for education, the NHS and indeed any of us not currently sitting in our comfortable armchairs while living off of a comfortable pension. A good day for democracy.
#2935 Old 06-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm very happy that maple almond butterscotch sauce works well.

#2936 Old 06-18-2017, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm very happy that biting one's own tongue is considered vegan.

#2937 Old 06-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, let's see. My books were in at the library.
It was warm and sunny today, and will be into the weekend.
I made a raw pad thai and it was delicious.
The best bit was...I met another vegan at the store today!!!

#2938 Old 07-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that I finished a 5K in under an hour.
BlueMts likes this.

#2939 Old 07-16-2017, 01:36 AM
person

I am happy that I am starting to understand Romanian accusative pronouns
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#2940 Old 07-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post
I am happy that I am starting to understand Romanian accusative pronouns
Good for you.
BlueMts likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page