Today I'm happy that... - Page 97 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1831Likes

#2881 Old 03-28-2017, 06:28 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Happy that the rain came soon after we got our first edible goodness planted in the ground. Thanks, universe!!! Grow, babies, grow!!!
Capstan, Purp and Spudulika like this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2882 Old 04-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Went to a restaurant last week that had no vegan entrees. The kitchen chef was nice enough to come to our table and offer to make a vegan meal.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2883 Old 04-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Opening Day of Baseball Season!!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2884 Old 04-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Give peas a chance

Today is my 10 year vegan-versary!

In the beginning, I didn't expect to make it 10 days. If you would have told me I would make it 10 years and counting, I would have said you were nuts. It's a very happy feeling when you realize you are capable of achieving the things you think are impossible.
Capstan, Purp, Symondezyn and 1 others like this.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#2885 Old 04-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

In the beginning, I didn't expect to make it 10 days. If you would have told me I would make it 10 years and counting, I would have said you were nuts. It's a very happy feeling when you realize you are capable of achieving the things you think are impossible.
Congrats!

I made it to 10 years veg a few months ago, too. I started early in the year, I think in January, though it wasn't a New Years resolution or anything like that.

And later this week will be my 9 year anniversary of finding my bunny, Flash.

--Fromper
#2886 Old 04-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations to you both!
Purp and Knowtions In Motion like this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#2887 Old 04-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
Congrats!

I made it to 10 years veg a few months ago, too. I started early in the year, I think in January, though it wasn't a New Years resolution or anything like that.

And later this week will be my 9 year anniversary of finding my bunny, Flash.

--Fromper
YAY!!! I'm happy it's both your veggie-versaries and that @Fromper found Flash.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2888 Old 04-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Speaking of veganniversaries, it was exactly two years ago today when I made my decision to dive into my whole foods/plant-based/mucus-lean/mucus-free journey for health reasons as I rested on a gurney in the ER.

Then I learned of the horrors behind the scenes in the various food industries and could never go back. We absorb that energy, too. Yikes! As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and multiple domestic violence situations, I, too, had experienced being held captive solely for the pleasure of others, being violently handled, neglected, and abused while being repeatedly sexually violated and forcibly impregnated against my will. That took my awareness from the animal's point of view to a whole new level and I was sickened beyond belief, and even more so after realizing how many folks still seemed to be more than okay with it.

I chose to keep learning even more of the whole gut/brain connection and discovered my beloved caffeine's effects on my adrenals and such and decided to kick that, along with the overly dehydrating alcohol to the curb right along with the animal and gluten products, too. Woah. Life as I knew it was surely over, ay?

I was convinced I could never survive without all of those things and that my quality of life would suck, especially based on what many professionals and so-called experts who remain convinced we need animal products to survive were saying at the time.

Here I am, still living and stuff, thriving even, especially compared to my former nearly bed-ridden self, feeling healthier than ever, blood work looking better than ever, loving the results of this miraculous-to-me plant-based lifestyle while steadily celebrating all who choose kinder consumption. Peace and gratitude, y'all.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#2889 Old 04-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowtions In Motion View Post
Speaking of veganniversaries, it was exactly two years ago today when I made my decision to dive into my whole foods/plant-based/mucus-lean/mucus-free journey for health reasons as I rested on a gurney in the ER.

Then I learned of the horrors behind the scenes in the various food industries and could never go back. We absorb that energy, too. Yikes! As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and multiple domestic violence situations, I, too, had experienced being held captive solely for the pleasure of others, being violently handled, neglected, and abused while being repeatedly sexually violated and forcibly impregnated against my will. That took my awareness from the animal's point of view to a whole new level and I was sickened beyond belief, and even more so after realizing how many folks still seemed to be more than okay with it.

I chose to keep learning even more of the whole gut/brain connection and discovered my beloved caffeine's effects on my adrenals and such and decided to kick that, along with the overly dehydrating alcohol to the curb right along with the animal and gluten products, too. Woah. Life as I knew it was surely over, ay?

I was convinced I could never survive without all of those things and that my quality of life would suck, especially based on what many professionals and so-called experts who remain convinced we need animal products to survive were saying at the time.

Here I am, still living and stuff, thriving even, especially compared to my former nearly bed-ridden self, feeling healthier than ever, blood work looking better than ever, loving the results of this miraculous-to-me plant-based lifestyle while steadily celebrating all who choose kinder consumption. Peace and gratitude, y'all.
Congratulations! Your posts are inspiring, you rock!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2890 Old 04-07-2017, 02:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Today I am happy that my bike is back from being tuned up and ready to ride! I bought a new bike rack that is so much easier to work with, and my partner and I are going on our first ride of the season Saturday! Even though it's April in Minnesota, it is supposed to be in the 60s F Saturday. Yeah! And TGIF!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2891 Old 04-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm glad it's Friday. I'll be even glader in 3 hours, when it's time to go home from work.

--Fromper
#2892 Old 04-09-2017, 11:00 PM
Veggie Regular

My mom and her singing group had their concert today, and it was a lot of fun.
I also am happy I haven't strangled any "Plant Rights activists". Yet.

#2893 Old 04-10-2017, 07:23 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Even though it helped create conditions within my biology that invited misery back in via adding back on 25+ pounds, along with the pain and discomfort of increased inflammation, disrupted sleep, constipation, candida outbreak, and headaches that I hadn't experienced in a long while, I'm super happy to have learned, once again by direct and total immersion of trying it myself, that the highly processed vegan foods/beverages (such as: meat substitutes, frozen entrees of various sorts, pre-packaged cheese substitutes, coconut ice cream and yogurt, store bought nut butters, store bought juice blends, cereals, certain plant milks, cleaner versions of store bought potato chips and tortillas, etc.) is apparently every bit as non-nurturing to my cells as the highly processed non-vegan options.

Most especially when I choose to make them my main staples, and when I allow myself to freely eat later in the night than I had been (between 7 and 11pm). They're great as a transitional food straight out of the SAD arena, and helped get me totally off of the animal products without a doubt, but not something I should let myself rely on, by any means. I allowed myself to slack in my discipline over the colder months and became quite comfortable with the perceived "convenience" of it all, until it was no longer comfortable.

Now, time to get back to practicing daily what I now know for certain is the healthiest option, as it relates to me, personally. The whole food plant-based mucus-lean/mucus-free lifestyle may seem too "out there", too "strict", too "non-peer-reviewed", too "risky", (or choose whichever adjectives you feel best suits) for many, which is more than okay, as we all should be allowed to learn via our own best tried and true well researched methods that we are comfortable with, but it's been the absolute key to my improved overall wellness, without a doubt, and I'm here to celebrate and share the knowledge of self that I've gained by actually trying it.

Damn glad it's garden season, too!! I'm often reminded of one of many of Michael Pollan's suggestions in one of the first books I read when I began changing my consumption habits, "Food Rules", that goes something like, "If it's made in a plant, don't eat it. If it comes from a plant, eat it." So, naturally, even plants made in plants are questionable, ay? lol So much to learn and digest in this existence. Be kind to the innards and the animals, including self, as it's all you've really got to rely on with any genuine certainty, and even that can be iffy at times. Peace.
Purp likes this.

#2894 Old 04-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that the Mariners won their Seattle home opener 6-0.

#2895 Old 04-11-2017, 02:47 AM
Banned

Today I'm happy that the weather is great and I'm going on a picnic with my good friends
Purp likes this.
#2896 Old 04-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Plant Powered

It's been a hard week. I volunteer for a rescue organization and we've had some devastating losses this week.

However... I'm grateful for my fellow volunteers, who have some of the largest and most beautiful hearts I've ever known. I'm grateful for my own fuzzy babies, who remind me daily what love and selflessness is. I'm grateful that my husband and I found some stellar vegan hiking boots this past weekend.

And I'm grateful for the little things... like homemade vegan hot cross buns ^_^
Purp likes this.
#2897 Old 04-13-2017, 03:30 PM

Talking

Today I'm happy that I've gotten to take a nap today and that finally the weather isn't that bad where I go to school.

I go to college in Central NY and like five days ago it was snowing...then it was 80 degrees the other day. But that means nicer days and better walks to class.

Classes are catching up to me with the final weeks of the semester catching up to me; taking a nap today was the best thing!

BUT the best thing is that I'm starting to become fully aware and trying to maintain the veg lifestyle...being a newbie, it's kind of hard to remember and be aware of things with other ~life~ things going on.
Purp likes this.

~GMoney5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2898 Old 04-13-2017, 05:42 PM

Today I am happy that I read your deeply inspiring and uplifting post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowtions In Motion View Post

#2899 Old 04-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I rode my bike to work for the first time this year! Yeah warmer weather, finally!
Purp likes this.

#2900 Old 04-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Walter the pig is safe. https://littlethings.com/wally-pig-d...ampaign=animal

#2901 Old 04-13-2017, 11:03 PM
person

I got to sleep in and my arm muscles are not hurting as much as usual

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#2902 Old 04-13-2017, 11:11 PM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Big Big BIG like.
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#2903 Old 04-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm glad it's Friday and almost time to go home from work.

--Fromper
Purp likes this.
#2904 Old 04-14-2017, 10:29 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Friday and the Mariners beat the Texas Rangers 2-1.

#2905 Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

My niece frequents a coffee shop here in town, and the owner is vegan.

#2906 Old 04-21-2017, 11:21 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Friday, and I got a vitamin D overdose (that's a sunburn to you and me).
Capstan likes this.

#2907 Old 04-27-2017, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

This was just to good to pass up. It gave me a grin. http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/v...ving-customer/ Options

#2908 Old 04-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I had some labs done to check ferritin (for iron deficiency), rheumatoid factor, tsh, and other stuff, due to some joint pains and slow healing of bruised knees. I was really worried about having low iron, but my results came back today and everything was normal! Ferritin was 35 ng/mL (normal lab range 10-200), and no rheumatoid factor. So I am happy about that.

Funny thing is, my glucose was at the bottom of normal range (70 mg/dL; normal 70-100). It always runs low normal though but usually in 80s. Funny because I eat so much fruit and carbs lol. In fact I could probably eat even more of it since I exercise like a maniac all the time, to keep my levels from dropping too low. Is this a good excuse to make cake?

#2909 Old 04-28-2017, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I had some labs done to check ferritin (for iron deficiency), rheumatoid factor, tsh, and other stuff, due to some joint pains and slow healing of bruised knees. I was really worried about having low iron, but my results came back today and everything was normal! Ferritin was 35 ng/mL (normal lab range 10-200), and no rheumatoid factor. So I am happy about that.

Funny thing is, my glucose was at the bottom of normal range (70 mg/dL; normal 70-100). It always runs low normal though but usually in 80s. Funny because I eat so much fruit and carbs lol. In fact I could probably eat even more of it since I exercise like a maniac all the time, to keep my levels from dropping too low. Is this a good excuse to make cake?
There is no bad excuse to make cake, so go ahead. I'm happy it's Friday and no one has posted "Plants have feelings" on my Facebook news feed.

#2910 Old 04-29-2017, 12:39 PM
Impeach the gangster

I'm happy there's a robin nesting just outside my back door.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page