Today I'm happy that... - Page 92 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1832Likes

#2731 Old 10-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

There's a new Thug Kitchen book out today, and, in November, there's a new Isa Chandra Moskowitz book coming out.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2732 Old 10-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

My dental checkup and cleaning went well- nothing needed work.

The 3 jalapeno pepper plants I put in pots (instead of out in the garden) and brought inside about 2-3 weeks ago are doing well. They're even blooming; I tried to pollinate a few by hand to hopefully get some home-grown hot peppers IN WINTER!

I found a new home for 2 of the 5 goldfish I took in from a co-worker's pond some time ago- they're adapting well. I would have kept them if I hadn't been able to find someone who wanted them (that's why I only took in 5- each fish would eventually have needed 10 gallons of tank capacity, and this 50 gallon setup I have is awfully big!) but I was always hoping to find someone who was looking for goldfish.

My job is getting more interesting.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#2733 Old 10-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have anything special to be happy about. But I am happy I did some dancing in the back studio at the fitness center and some new choreography ideas clicked. I love it when I have a day like that, when stuff just happens and falls into place and I dance with no effort.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2734 Old 10-18-2016, 01:05 PM
adapt. evolve. become

Still no meat, eggs or dairy in the fridge.. cautiously optimistic about that. It's nice being able to open the fridge and not seeing bacon, or worse - smelling it.
Werewolf Girl, Purp and Symondezyn like this.

All we are is dust in the wind

Last edited by Pirate Huntress; 10-18-2016 at 01:08 PM.
#2735 Old 10-18-2016, 06:09 PM

I'm so looking forward to the day I can say it's all gone. I haven't bought any animal products in months, but my fridge, freezer, and pantry keep turning up the stuff I was buying before then--and the way I am trying to eat has me diminishing it so very slowly! It may ultimately go bad and I have to throw it out. But someday I'll be able to say that it is all gone.
Purp likes this.
#2736 Old 10-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Chestnuts are in season!

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2737 Old 10-19-2016, 02:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy it's not Monday or Tuesday.
Purp likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2738 Old 10-19-2016, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Hemp tofu exists.
Werewolf Girl and Naturebound like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2739 Old 10-23-2016, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

I'm starting my new job tomorrow! I got a promotion and now I'm a boss! I'm going to be hiring people and possibly firing them if they piss me off, muahahaha!
Tom, Purp, Naturebound and 1 others like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2740 Old 10-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I'm starting my new job tomorrow! I got a promotion and now I'm a boss! I'm going to be hiring people and possibly firing them if they piss me off, muahahaha!
That is AWESOME!!
Tom likes this.

#2741 Old 10-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Way to go!
Purp likes this.

#2742 Old 10-30-2016, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Today someone on reddit posted that they are never eating chicken again after reading an article I posted.
Purp and Naturebound like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2743 Old 10-31-2016, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Halloween.

#2744 Old 11-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avril View Post
I'm so looking forward to the day I can say it's all gone. I haven't bought any animal products in months, but my fridge, freezer, and pantry keep turning up the stuff I was buying before then--and the way I am trying to eat has me diminishing it so very slowly! It may ultimately go bad and I have to throw it out. But someday I'll be able to say that it is all gone.
I remember that feeling very vividly!! I am kinda OCD and was so impatient about that aspect of it I just gave away pretty much everything in my pantry/freezer haha!! I actually found a box of Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup packets in my pantry a few months later and had a chuckle, then promptly donated them
Purp likes this.
#2745 Old 11-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Plant Powered

I am VERY happy that my husband and I found an AMAZING vegan Chinese restaurant!! It's a little far away but so worth it for an occasional date night! I haven't had wonton soup in IDK how long and they made a really beautiful veggie version; all their food was so good I told the manager I loved him LOL
Purp likes this.
#2746 Old 11-03-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symondezyn View Post
I remember that feeling very vividly!! I am kinda OCD and was so impatient about that aspect of it I just gave away pretty much everything in my pantry/freezer haha!! I actually found a box of Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup packets in my pantry a few months later and had a chuckle, then promptly donated them
I did donate all the unopened non-perishables to a food pantry, and that felt good, but it's just everywhere!
Purp and Symondezyn like this.
#2747 Old 11-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Peace

I'm happy that it's the weekend and I can treat myself to a nice sunday breakfast
Purp likes this.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#2748 Old 11-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

I'm overly happy to have found the courage and determination, albeit via a medical emergency about a year and a half ago, to give the plant-based/vegan lifestyle a try.

Otherwise, I'd very likely still weigh over 300 lbs. still be suffering from painful inflammation, severe brain fog, multiple digestive and elimination issues, turbo charged emotional roller coasters, stuck in the depressive ditches, and still be damn near bed ridden, more often than not, because sleep was the closest I could get to death, without the commitment.

I remain in awe with the results, the relief, and the self-empowerment that comes with being able to visit your doctor of over a decade and other various professionals who had chalked my existence up to being an aging overweight person with rapidly declining health (although all of my regular check-up blood work would always come back "just fine") who, according to them, just had to learn to live with it all by separating my body into ongoing specialty referrals and heavily medicating the symptoms along the way.

Grateful to have had such a drastic intervention along with a strong desire and multiple opportunities to dig up and discover the roots of the issues, instead. Rebuilding damn near a half a century of a shakily and synthetically (via massive consumption of junk/fast/processed foods) constructed foundation ain't no joke. I wish us all peace of mind in our pursuits of wellness via what we choose to ingest. Thank you all for your part in helping keep so many folks inspired.
Purp and Sidhuriel like this.
#2749 Old 11-07-2016, 01:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I finally got this exercise of my accounting course/Major all correct (except just 2 marks)!!

(No one should be this happy about accounting lol)
Purp likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2750 Old 11-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Peace

I am happy that I found out that I can do gentle yoga exercises when I am not feeling well enough to go out due to my chronic illness

Exercise is so important! So I am happy to have found a way to do it at home.
Purp likes this.

#2751 Old 11-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Ethical Vegan in Training

Today, I am happy that I am starting to feel like I am coming into my own and starting to do okay-ish on carving out my own path.
Also, I get to go on a Zombie Walk this Friday and the proceeds support a local chapter of Children's Miracle Network.
Purp likes this.
#2752 Old 11-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

[quote=Werewolf Girl;4025178]I'm starting my new job tomorrow! I got a promotion and now I'm a boss! I'm going to be hiring people and possibly firing them if they piss me off, muahahaha! [/quote @Werewolf Girl . How's my favorite werewolf in the history of werewolfism?? Could you please hire me?? I have no idea what you do, I just need to leave the United States. Soon, like right now, please.
Sidhuriel likes this.

#2753 Old 11-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Peace

Today I am happy that I am not an American.

PS. I'm sorry guys, really sorry.

#2754 Old 11-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhuriel View Post

After the UK voted for Brexit, maybe not such a surprise?

Last edited by leedsveg; 11-08-2016 at 10:44 PM.
#2755 Old 11-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:

I'm sorry, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
I'm a bit baffled that out of such a large US population, these two candidates were the ones people finally settled on as "presidential material".
So am I.

#2756 Old 11-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

[quote=Purp;4029506]
Quote:
I'm starting my new job tomorrow! I got a promotion and now I'm a boss! I'm going to be hiring people and possibly firing them if they piss me off, muahahaha! [/quote @Werewolf Girl . How's my favorite werewolf in the history of werewolfism?? Could you please hire me?? I have no idea what you do, I just need to leave the United States. Soon, like right now, please.
You should move to Canada! This election has me in tears...

#2757 Old 11-09-2016, 12:36 AM
Peace

What here indicates that I am surprised?
Purp likes this.

#2758 Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
What here indicates that I am surprised?
Absolutely nothing at all to say that you were surprised. I was conversationally reflecting to VB members generally.

Lv
Purp and Sidhuriel like this.
#2759 Old 11-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Plant Powered

[quote=Werewolf Girl;4029546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

You should move to Canada! This election has me in tears...
Me too - proud to be Canadian today, but also very, very saddened by the outcome of the election. The Canadian AND the Australian immigration pages crashed last night. It says a lot about a country when the choice of leadership makes everyone want to jump ship. Sadly, this will affect a lot more than just the U.S. - we will all be affected in one way or another. *hugs American friends*
Purp likes this.
#2760 Old 11-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

As Marshall McLuhan indicated over 50 years ago, the world is now a global village.

If Trump is the best leader that a nation of 300 million can think to choose, what does that say about how the US has declined since WWII?

Lv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page