Today I'm happy that... - Page 91 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1833Likes

#2701 Old 08-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

My dad made me a bigger compost bin. I can actually turn my compost now. The other one was breaking down for some reason we got it new and it started to give out with in a month.
Purp likes this.

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
—Henry David Thoreau
My site
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2702 Old 08-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Veggie Regular

@Skylark is back!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2703 Old 08-17-2016, 07:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
@Skylark is back!!

Good to be back!
Purp likes this.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2704 Old 09-02-2016, 05:06 PM
adapt. evolve. become

I met up with my mom's guitar teacher. I'm getting lessons after the Supernatural convention.
This is my guitar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160901_024754~2_1472861281533.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	15161  
Purp, LedBoots and Gii like this.
#2705 Old 09-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Huntress View Post
I met up with my mom's guitar teacher. I'm getting lessons after the Supernatural convention.
This is my guitar
Sweet!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2706 Old 09-03-2016, 09:05 PM
adapt. evolve. become

Thinking about bringing it to the convention and getting it autographed
#2707 Old 09-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Do it!!

I'm happy that the book I had on hold at the library was there, and I went into a nearby grocery store and got my lunch (dolmas from their deli counter) and gave my book bag to the woman behind the counter, and she asked what kind of books I had, and I told her mysteries and vegan cookbooks, and she was all excited about the cookbooks. She wanted to know how easy veganism was, and I said it was very easy. I told her I joined veggieboards so I could ask questions, and I gave her a couple of health and nutrition books (The Complete Idiots Guide to a Plant Based diet, and Becoming vegan), and told her the SPL system had a bunch of vegan cookbooks to borrow.
Tom likes this.

#2708 Old 09-16-2016, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Didja get your guitar autographed?? Inquiring minds want to know.

It's Friday!!!

#2709 Old 09-17-2016, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I finally took the CPC exam...5 hours and 40 minutes of nonstop coding questions lol. It is done and over and I can rest and not study. I have to wait a week or so to find out if I passed. I feel confident that I did well, but then again, who knows. I'm afraid to feel confident. It didn't seem as bad as I thought it would, but I have studied long and hard for it so I was prepared. I read all my coding books, every page, and studied every possible guideline. I did five timed practice exams. I studied my anatomy and physiology books. I went through the AAPC CPC study guide. I could not have done any more. Now I just have to wait and see. For now...

NO MORE STUDYING!!!!!
silva and Purp like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2710 Old 09-17-2016, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

@Naturebound ---congratulations!!

I bet you passed with flying colors
#2711 Old 09-17-2016, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
@Naturebound ---congratulations!!

I bet you passed with flying colors
Thanks! I sure hope so. I'll insert foot in mouth if I didn't. I didn't really need this cert. I did it as a bonus because I wanted a more coding specific certification than my RHIT is. So it isn't life and death. But you know, after spending so much time studying and paying a lot of money for the exam, you kinda want to pass. And it's hard to face people after failing something.
Purp likes this.

#2712 Old 09-17-2016, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I finally took the CPC exam...5 hours and 40 minutes of nonstop coding questions lol. It is done and over and I can rest and not study. I have to wait a week or so to find out if I passed. I feel confident that I did well, but then again, who knows. I'm afraid to feel confident. It didn't seem as bad as I thought it would, but I have studied long and hard for it so I was prepared. I read all my coding books, every page, and studied every possible guideline. I did five timed practice exams. I studied my anatomy and physiology books. I went through the AAPC CPC study guide. I could not have done any more. Now I just have to wait and see. For now...

NO MORE STUDYING!!!!!
Oh, you're smart, @Naturebound . I bet you aced it.!!

#2713 Old 09-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Plant Powered

*HI FIVES* @Naturebound - CONGRATS!! ^_^

Today I'm happy that the birthday dinner I made for my omni parents yesterday went amazingly! My mum said if she could eat like that every day, she'd be vegan too, and my stepdad was floored at how good the cake was (it was pretty freaking incredible - even I was shocked haha)

Breaking down vegan stereotypes one meal at a time, and feeling pretty awesome about it!
Purp likes this.
#2714 Old 09-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symondezyn View Post
*HI FIVES* @Naturebound - CONGRATS!! ^_^

Today I'm happy that the birthday dinner I made for my omni parents yesterday went amazingly! My mum said if she could eat like that every day, she'd be vegan too, and my stepdad was floored at how good the cake was (it was pretty freaking incredible - even I was shocked haha)

Breaking down vegan stereotypes one meal at a time, and feeling pretty awesome about it!
You have to tell, what did you make??

#2715 Old 09-21-2016, 02:36 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
You have to tell, what did you make??
I made a mushroom and spinach lasagna with tofu ricotta (recipe adapted from Thug Kitchen, minus the pesto) topped with homemade vegan mozzarella and served with French bread and homemade vegan butter (my mum brought the salad, ironically LOL). The dessert was the kicker though - chocolate cake with French chocolate buttercream... it took me two days to make it but it was oh soooooo worth it, we all had our eyes rolling back into our heads ^_^ LOL
Purp likes this.
#2716 Old 09-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symondezyn View Post
I made a mushroom and spinach lasagna with tofu ricotta (recipe adapted from Thug Kitchen, minus the pesto) topped with homemade vegan mozzarella and served with French bread and homemade vegan butter (my mum brought the salad, ironically LOL). The dessert was the kicker though - chocolate cake with French chocolate buttercream... it took me two days to make it but it was oh soooooo worth it, we all had our eyes rolling back into our heads ^_^ LOL
We don't know each other in real life (that I am aware of) but, please marry me.
Symondezyn likes this.

#2717 Old 09-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
We don't know each other in real life (that I am aware of) but, please marry me.
LOL! I already have a husband, but sure, why not... if you can teach him to clean, and you don't mind having a bunch of cats running around! LMAO
Purp likes this.
#2718 Old 09-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Happy Wednesday.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#2719 Old 09-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

And here it is....drum roll drum roll....

I passed the CPC exam!!!!

My score was 88%! Granted it's not as good as the 93% on my RHIT exam two years ago, but I'll take it! I am so happy and so relieved! It was a huge goal of mine for several years to have a coding specific certification, and now it is done. I have the same credentials my coding manager has. he he he! A few more years of on the job experience and you never know. I'm a late bloomer in life but hey I'm bloomin lol.
Tom, karenlovessnow, Purp and 1 others like this.

#2720 Old 09-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Purp, leedsveg and Naturebound like this.

Last edited by silva; 09-29-2016 at 04:07 PM.
#2721 Old 09-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Purp, leedsveg and Naturebound like this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#2722 Old 09-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

You must be soooo relieved, and soooo proud of yourself!
That sounded so tough.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#2723 Old 09-30-2016, 01:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
You must be soooo relieved, and soooo proud of yourself!
That sounded so tough.
Thanks silva, and thanks for the beautiful images!

I am VERY relieved. I went to the library last night for fun and not to study, and checked out a ton of books to read for fun...biographies, cookbooks, dance books. I have a ballet video lined up to watch this weekend too lol. And plan on doing some hiking and enjoying Autumn colors. Life is good!
karenlovessnow and leedsveg like this.

#2724 Old 09-30-2016, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
And here it is....drum roll drum roll....

I passed the CPC exam!!!!

My score was 88%! Granted it's not as good as the 93% on my RHIT exam two years ago, but I'll take it! I am so happy and so relieved! It was a huge goal of mine for several years to have a coding specific certification, and now it is done. I have the same credentials my coding manager has. he he he! A few more years of on the job experience and you never know. I'm a late bloomer in life but hey I'm bloomin lol.

Naturebound likes this.

#2725 Old 09-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Lol thanks Purp! My coworker that took it the same day and location as me also passed (though she didn't score nearly as high as I did..shhhh). We both checked our scores on line at the same time and we both screamed in the office lol. And we got hugs from a few people.

If I were in my early twenties I would be out getting drunk and wild right now (which is probably what my young coworker is doing right now). But alas, I am in my forties, and my idea of a celebration is quiet time at home surfing the net and then curling up in bed with a good book. If I can stay awake past 11pm I am doing good.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

#2726 Old 10-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Lol thanks Purp! My coworker that took it the same day and location as me also passed (though she didn't score nearly as high as I did..shhhh). We both checked our scores on line at the same time and we both screamed in the office lol. And we got hugs from a few people.

If I were in my early twenties I would be out getting drunk and wild right now (which is probably what my young coworker is doing right now). But alas, I am in my forties, and my idea of a celebration is quiet time at home surfing the net and then curling up in bed with a good book. If I can stay awake past 11pm I am doing good.
You're welcome. (Psst, I still think you look like you're in your early twenties)

Now for my happiness. *passes out earplugs to the entire internet*
The Seattle Mariners WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! 5-1 Last night at Fan Appreciation Night, and I was there!!
Tom and Naturebound like this.

#2727 Old 10-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool Is this cool, or what??

My happiness for today. I live near the coolest library in the universe. Click image for larger version

Name:	PA030051.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	15290

#2728 Old 10-06-2016, 07:28 AM
adapt. evolve. become

I'm happy that I get to get back in the world of music. Life isn't the same without playing an instrument.. Or two.
Tom, Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
#2729 Old 10-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

It's Canadian Thanksgiving! I'm baking a pumpkin pie and eating all the mashed potatoes.
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2730 Old 10-11-2016, 01:06 PM
adapt. evolve. become

I found out they make drum heads that are quiet. They have a better sound and feel than practice pads. So either that or an electric kit. The benefit of having the mesh heads would be I could swap them out and have a real acoustic set.
Purp likes this.

All we are is dust in the wind

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page