Today I'm happy that... - Page 89 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1832Likes

#2641 Old 05-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Mon7que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tues View Post
Today, I'm happy that my parents agreed to clear a shelf in our pantry to be my "vegan shelf" and they agreed to do Meatless Mondays. At first, my stepdad said he wasn't sure he could go the whole day without meat, but when I mentioned the reward would be me cooking us all a vegan dinner he went ahead and agreed.

I'm also happy that I got registered into two online courses for the summer semester and I'm determined to do wonderful in my courses.
Omg that's awesome news about your family!!

Congrats and best of luck with your courses!
Purp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2642 Old 05-08-2016, 03:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Today I'm happy that I've localized Atlantis There are mountains in the north spreading to the east of below round islands (looking like a Stonehenge, GPS coordinates: 31.980123 -27.949219). To the south-west of it something that looks like Poseidon's trident with the mountain below (according to "Critias" Poseidon was bequeathed the island of Atlantis, and it's the symbol connected with it). There's also some similarity to the positions of Pyramids The screenshot below.
Attached Images

#2643 Old 05-08-2016, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon7que View Post
That is super awesome about the commercial!
$4 for a yogurt maher??! Where do you live? Great deal
I found the yogurt maker at a Goodwill. The first batch I did use cow milk yogurt, tapioca starch and probiotics, it came out perfect but I forgot to save some for next starter. Next I tried just probiotics and tapioca starch and it was just like kefir. I don't believe I said I used cow milk in my post about it though...guilty. Now I want to make it again which means a trip to a health food store for starter I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2644 Old 05-08-2016, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Last night I ordered a vegan meat lovers pizza and a vegan chicken caesar salad online and had it delivered to my house. We are living in the future!!!!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2645 Old 05-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Pagan Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Today I'm happy that I've localized Atlantis There are mountains in the north spreading to the east of below round islands (looking like a Stonehenge, GPS coordinates: 31.980123 -27.949219). To the south-west of it something that looks like Poseidon's trident with the mountain below (according to "Critias" Poseidon was bequeathed the island of Atlantis, and it's the symbol connected with it). There's also some similarity to the positions of Pyramids The screenshot below.
Okay, that is really cool!

Today I am happy for:
  • Finding an independent vegan store local to me
    Making a delicious meal tonight
    Getting the cleaning done quickly
    It being a beautiful spring day
    Good music
    Waking up to one of the cats curled on asleep on me this morning
    My husband finding some lemon and ginger tea
Purp and nr32 like this.

Through the streets and the houses of gods you roam
and on their altars you lay your heart of stone
#2646 Old 05-11-2016, 03:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I had my injuries checked yesterday and no fractures, just severe strains. I was starting to heal from my rib cage strain when I stupidly lifted a heavy load of laundry Sunday, AND developed a cold with lots of coughing, and made the rib injury worse in addition to straining my mid back near my rib cage injury. Hopefully now I will be on the mend. Absolutely NO heavy lifting or strenuous activity for a while lol. And probably no more twisting somersaults for me lol.
Purp, LedBoots, cherries and 1 others like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2647 Old 05-11-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I had my injuries checked yesterday and no fractures, just severe strains. I was starting to heal from my rib cage strain when I stupidly lifted a heavy load of laundry Sunday, AND developed a cold with lots of coughing, and made the rib injury worse in addition to straining my mid back near my rib cage injury. Hopefully now I will be on the mend. Absolutely NO heavy lifting or strenuous activity for a while lol. And probably no more twisting somersaults for me lol.
Oh no, Naturebound, you must take it easy, as hard as that can be for someone who is so active. Yes, forgoing the twisting somersaults is a good plan!

Today I am happy that I have been eating completely vegan and I am not at all tired or listless, dare I say that I may even have extra energy.
#2648 Old 05-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I went to the library yesterday, and as I was checking out, two gentlemen walked in, one holding the book, "Vegan Living for Complete Idiots."
Naturebound and Jenn2 like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2649 Old 05-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I bought a composting bin. Also my mom got me a cherry tree.
Purp, LedBoots and Naturebound like this.
#2650 Old 05-22-2016, 05:41 PM
Plant Powered

I am happy because I had a great yoga class this morning and a fantastic lunch with my husband afterwards. It's a beautiful day, my pantry is stocked for the week, and my house smells amazing because I'm making a veggie stock and some from-scratch veggie burgers for dinner. Plus, today is my two week anniversary going veg, and I have SO MUCH ENERGY and positivity it's amazing!
Hope everyone else is having an awesome day too!
#2651 Old 05-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherries View Post
I bought a composting bin. Also my mom got me a cherry tree.
*quickly runs to @cherries house and denudes her cherry tree.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2652 Old 05-23-2016, 11:27 PM

Cherry trees are a nice thing to have. Can't wait until ours turns red again

As for being happy, I'm glad I managed to proofread my bookscript once again and having it sent to review.

Blog and vegetarian recipe books:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#2653 Old 05-25-2016, 09:29 PM

I finally finally finally finished this @%$#*@# essay! I stayed up all night. And half the night yesterday. I'm dead. And happy.
#2654 Old 05-26-2016, 02:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I survived a phone meeting with the chemo pharmacy staff and compliance at work yesterday. I HATE phone meetings, and have a bit of social anxiety, and most of the time what they talk about is way over my head on top of it. I spent the night before really studying and going over the issue they were going to talk about, and I was even able to ask some good questions lol. Now I just have to get through today and then I get to go camping and enjoy nature for a while.

#2655 Old 05-26-2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I survived a phone meeting with the chemo pharmacy staff and compliance at work yesterday. I HATE phone meetings, and have a bit of social anxiety, and most of the time what they talk about is way over my head on top of it. I spent the night before really studying and going over the issue they were going to talk about, and I was even able to ask some good questions lol. Now I just have to get through today and then I get to go camping and enjoy nature for a while.
Congratulations! I have social anxiety too so I know how nerve wracking those phone meetings can be, I always end up rehearsing things beforehand as well. It helps!

And enjoy your camping trip, I haven't gone camping in ages and I'm really hoping to go this summer I just need to do more planning since I live in the city and don't have a car.
Purp and Naturebound like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2656 Old 05-26-2016, 11:15 PM

It may sound awkward, but I'm just glad it's Friday. The first week after a vacation is always so long

Blog and vegetarian recipe books:

#2657 Old 05-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I happy that, although the Mariners lost on Friday, when we went to Safeco, I did NOT do anything stupid (for me) when they "honored" the dairy farmers of WA before the game, nor did I do or say anything stupid when they did the "Everything tastes better with bacon" bit.

#2658 Old 05-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I got to start an photo album on my blog. Also made raw cookies.
Purp likes this.

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
—Henry David Thoreau
My site
#2659 Old 05-30-2016, 09:33 AM

I'm happy that school's almost over
cherries likes this.
#2660 Old 05-30-2016, 09:34 AM

Also my mum bought me soy milk haha so that's awesome too
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2661 Old 06-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Friday, and one of the books I had on hold at the library was in.
LedBoots and Beets&Beats like this.

#2662 Old 06-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

FINALLY...I get a whole week off work, with no real plans other than a few house projects and gardening. I already have no idea what to do with myself lol. My body and mind are still on overdrive from working six days a week and some ten hour shifts.

I am visiting a very old friend Sunday whom I haven't seen since 2010. We are going to go have coffee and talk. She'll be shocked to learn I went vegan.
Purp and LedBoots like this.

#2663 Old 06-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
FINALLY...I get a whole week off work, with no real plans other than a few house projects and gardening. I already have no idea what to do with myself lol. My body and mind are still on overdrive from working six days a week and some ten hour shifts.

I am visiting a very old friend Sunday whom I haven't seen since 2010. We are going to go have coffee and talk. She'll be shocked to learn I went vegan.
Yay! Have a great vacay!!
Naturebound likes this.
#2664 Old 06-11-2016, 12:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
Today I'm happy that I've stopped the dairy I've been eating for 3 months and my fridge has never looked more delicious thanks to tasty non-dairy creations. I'm RIDICULOUSLY happy. Like... dancing kind of happy. It's a bit weird. But true. So happy. I feel like me again.

I'm also happy that I have several books on the go and actual time to read them annnnnd it's raining because it's beautiful.
#2665 Old 06-11-2016, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beets&Beats View Post
Today I'm happy that I've stopped the dairy I've been eating for 3 months and my fridge has never looked more delicious thanks to tasty non-dairy creations. I'm RIDICULOUSLY happy. Like... dancing kind of happy. It's a bit weird. But true. So happy. I feel like me again.

I'm also happy that I have several books on the go and actual time to read them annnnnd it's raining because it's beautiful.
Congratulations! You rock!

I'm happy that it's Saturday and I'm going to see a movie tonight! I'm not sure what yet though... Maybe X-Men?
Purp likes this.

#2666 Old 06-12-2016, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

^X-men; Warcraft; Star Trek--all look promising for the big screen bucks.

Anyone tried mixing nooch with vegan creme cheese? Delicious! i can't quite put my finger on what it reminds me of--cheddar? Much different taste than my usual mayo and dijon blend, so rich. I have Trader Joes BTW
Purp likes this.
#2667 Old 06-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I'm happy to be back on VB again- I had a bit of trouble fixing my password- don't know why, but it's all good now.

I'm happy that I helped a client at work today- almost everybody will be submitting information electronically soon, and there's initially a learning curve.
silva, Purp and Naturebound like this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#2668 Old 06-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that I got to dance in a park early this morning before work. I rode my bike to an out of the way park that I have been scoping out for a few weeks as a possible place to practice dancing. It is quiet, not too visible to streets or houses, but open enough to be safe. I went all out this morning, poured out my soul on the grass with my mp3 music playing, then put my helmet back on and cycled off to work lol. I can't wait to to it again! Keeps me sane when I am insanely stressed out.
silva and LedBoots like this.

#2669 Old 06-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Plant Powered

We had a work lunch today and my bosses ordered in sushi - they made a point of ordering in vegan friendly foods for me as well, which was SO thoughtful!! I told them I didn't mind bringing a sandwich or something but they wanted to be inclusive - it was really a wonderful feeling Plus there was enough for everyone to try - I was so excited to see people eating tofu and veggie rolls!
Tom and Purp like this.
#2670 Old 06-24-2016, 08:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm glad I don't do stuff like this.
Tom and Symondezyn like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page