Today I'm happy that... - Page 88 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1832Likes

#2611 Old 03-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Nate Diaz (mainly vegan) beat Mcgreggor last night
I'm going to have to share this with my partner! He is really into UFC stuff. He probably already knows this information though lol.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2612 Old 03-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

That I rode a stationary bike for 6:38 and didn't fall over dead. That shows me how out of shape I am.

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
—Henry David Thoreau
My site
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2613 Old 03-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Fellow Hummusapian

The non-dairy Ben & Jerry's have arrived at my local Target.

Good thing too, because I'm moody and the cravings are relentless...
Purp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2614 Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnieminnie View Post
The non-dairy Ben & Jerry's have arrived at my local Target.

Good thing too, because I'm moody and the cravings are relentless...
Oh, that's the best news possible. Because it means it might be in my local Safeway and Fred's, as well.
Tom and skinnieminnie like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2615 Old 03-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I got some agar-agar today.
Purp likes this.

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
—Henry David Thoreau
My site
#2616 Old 03-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Oh, that's the best news possible. Because it means it might be in my local Safeway and Fred's, as well.
I found them a couple weeks ago at my Target! Got the coffee caramel chocolate chunk --loved it! My son got the banana walnut- meh, not my flavor, but he liked it. He did prefer the coffee. The chocolate chunks were sooo right! Not real hard, but still chocolate without being fudge or brownie. I hope the brownie one is like that!

I went back and they didnt have any! i think it was either a flub or a test. When I got them the were all scattered among the others without labels on the shelves, all disorganized
Purp and skinnieminnie like this.
#2617 Old 03-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I found them a couple weeks ago at my Target! Got the coffee caramel chocolate chunk --loved it! My son got the banana walnut- meh, not my flavor, but he liked it. He did prefer the coffee. The chocolate chunks were sooo right! Not real hard, but still chocolate without being fudge or brownie. I hope the brownie one is like that!

I went back and they didnt have any! i think it was either a flub or a test. When I got them the were all scattered among the others without labels on the shelves, all disorganized
I can just imagine the conversations with that one.
Husband: Wife, this ice cream is good, but it tastes like Almonds.
Wife: I get the usual kind we like from Ben&Jerry.
H: *looks at carton* Oh, no you didn't! This is that vegan stuff they were rolling out.
W: Ooops, next time I'll check the carton a little bit better.
H: No, stick with this. It's better then the non vegan Ben&Jerry's.
W: Oh, ok.

EDIT TO ADD: I FOUND THE VEGAN BEN AND JERRY'S AT MY LOCAL SAFEWAY!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Tom and LedBoots like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.

Last edited by Purp; 03-09-2016 at 09:34 PM.
#2618 Old 03-14-2016, 11:14 AM
No flesh since 99'

I am happy we can now up our food budget again so hubby can have more of the foods he likes and I can get more raw foods Neither of us have been particularly enjoying eating the cheapest food with the highest nutritional content possible (i.e. a whole lot of beans and rice). My husband worked out our budget for the first time when he got his new job (I have always handled the finances since I am the better penny pincher and budget follower and the one who pays the bills and does the shopping). Well, he calculated wrong and all our needless bare bones living the past few months has been for naught. Not that we are rich now, but we are earning enough to at least buy food we like eating and have a little play money!
Tom, silva, Purp and 2 others like this.

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself"
#2619 Old 03-14-2016, 07:57 PM
Happy vegan

Got three free bagels with vegan cream cheese at work today!
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2620 Old 03-16-2016, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can just imagine the conversations with that one.
Husband: Wife, this ice cream is good, but it tastes like Almonds.
Wife: I get the usual kind we like from Ben&Jerry.
H: *looks at carton* Oh, no you didn't! This is that vegan stuff they were rolling out.
W: Ooops, next time I'll check the carton a little bit better.
H: No, stick with this. It's better then the non vegan Ben&Jerry's.
W: Oh, ok.

EDIT TO ADD: I FOUND THE VEGAN BEN AND JERRY'S AT MY LOCAL SAFEWAY!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
If you didn't tell me it was almond milk I wouldn't have known. It did not taste like almondy, like soy or coconut always taste like their 'milk'. I think I'd guess it was just low fat. thats also what my son said.
How'd you like it?
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2621 Old 03-16-2016, 10:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
If you didn't tell me it was almond milk I wouldn't have known. It did not taste like almondy, like soy or coconut always taste like their 'milk'. I think I'd guess it was just low fat. thats also what my son said.
How'd you like it?
LedBoots likes this.

#2622 Old 03-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
How'd you like it?

My husband got me CONES! Omg yum
Tom, karenlovessnow and Purp like this.
#2623 Old 03-17-2016, 02:03 PM
Ankle Biter

^^^I have not found the PB & Cookies yet.

<<<—Leaves for the gripe thread.
Tom, karenlovessnow, Purp and 1 others like this.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#2624 Old 03-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
^^^I have not found the PB & Cookies yet.

<<<—Leaves for the gripe thread.
It's so gooooood!
Purp likes this.
#2625 Old 03-17-2016, 03:48 PM

I'm happy because Seaworld announced an end to their Orca breeding program!
Purp, LedBoots and cherries like this.

YouTube:
Blog:

Twitter:

Veganism is not a sacrifice, it's a joy.
- Gary L. Francione
#2626 Old 03-17-2016, 11:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy it's St. Patrick's Day and I can post this in here without too much ridicule.
Tom, karenlovessnow and LedBoots like this.

#2627 Old 03-20-2016, 12:39 AM

A stray cat sneaking over nearby roofs sometimes jumps to my window. Silly thing doesn't want food, but just to play!?

Here it is again - I count these days as happy ones
Purp likes this.
#2628 Old 03-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Beginner

I felt some extra support today. A new friend came over and I learned that she used to be a vegan. She is officially the first vegan I know in real life (even though she's ex) I am so excited to get advice from her!! Another happy supportive moment was when my sister told me how proud she is that I am sticking to my values despite all the harassment I get about it from our mother. Her little speech was so touching, it brought tears to my eyes. What a good day!
Tom, Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2629 Old 03-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I'm happy it's St. Patrick's Day and I can post this in here without too much ridicule.
I'm happy you posted a vid for "Irish Eyes Are Smiling" and not "Oh Danny Boy" (which makes this approximately-half-Irish-person practically curl up and retch).

I'm also happy because I think I've found a home heating repair contractor who can service solar systems.
Purp likes this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 03-29-2016 at 03:23 PM.
#2630 Old 03-30-2016, 09:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I have my dog to comfort me while I attempt to study.
Tom, Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2631 Old 04-04-2016, 11:08 AM
No flesh since 99'

Last night I totally ate $*&^ on some concrete steps that were wet and slick (from the rain, not actual wet uncured concrete). I am extremely grateful that I didn't break any bones when I fell, though I am thoroughly scraped up and bruised and feel as though I was hit by a bus. Still, taking that hard of a fall and not being seriously injured is very lucky indeed!

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself"
#2632 Old 04-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Just saw a tv commercial for Levin furniture that said "we even have vegan leather", with the words "vegan leather" scrolled across the screen!

I also got a used yogurt maker for $4 that made a wonderful batch of soy yogurt that I've craving sooooo long! And super easy! About the temp of a heating pad--if I had a heating pad I'd have tried that around a jar

I had a weird feeling to check my bank statement at work--which I never do-- and found a whole bunch of stuff happened at once and I was overdrawn! I was able to correct it before any charges incurred!
Tom, Purp and Jenn2 like this.
#2633 Old 04-20-2016, 03:08 PM

Today, I'm happy that I finished my exams! Well, I still have a take home to do, but that's not as bad.
Purp, LedBoots and Jenn2 like this.
#2634 Old 04-20-2016, 04:44 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Today I'm happy that my quiche recipe actually turned out really well on my first try. Can't wait to post it!

I'm actually also happy about the gorgeous day motivating me to get some gardening work done. Got a bunch more of my summer crops planted, and my beans are doing beautifully. All in all, a super positive day for me!
Purp, LedBoots, kaitie813 and 1 others like this.

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

#2635 Old 04-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Ethical Vegan in Training

Today, I'm happy that my parents agreed to clear a shelf in our pantry to be my "vegan shelf" and they agreed to do Meatless Mondays. At first, my stepdad said he wasn't sure he could go the whole day without meat, but when I mentioned the reward would be me cooking us all a vegan dinner he went ahead and agreed.

I'm also happy that I got registered into two online courses for the summer semester and I'm determined to do wonderful in my courses.
Purp, LedBoots, kaitie813 and 1 others like this.
#2636 Old 04-20-2016, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Today I'm happy we have summer weather in my city even though it's still only April! Probably not a good sign long term but for now I'm enjoying the sun and not having to wear a jacket anywhere...
Purp and Jenn2 like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2637 Old 04-22-2016, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Friday, and I'm alive. Do I really need any other reasons to be happy?
Tom and Jenn2 like this.

#2638 Old 04-26-2016, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
It's Friday, and I'm alive. Do I really need any other reasons to be happy?
Usually people are happy of being alive when it's not so obvious, so hope everything is fine.

Today I'm happy that someone else is happy.
Purp likes this.

#2639 Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Mon7que

Quote:
Just saw a tv commercial for Levin furniture that said "we even have vegan leather", with the words "vegan leather" scrolled across the screen!

I also got a used yogurt maker for $4 that made a wonderful batch of soy yogurt that I've craving sooooo long! And super easy! About the temp of a heating pad--if I had a heating pad I'd have tried that around a jar

I had a weird feeling to check my bank statement at work--which I never do-- and found a whole bunch of stuff happened at once and I was overdrawn! I was able to correct it before any charges incurred!
That is super awesome about the commercial!
$4 for a yogurt maher??! Where do you live? Great deal
#2640 Old 05-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Mon7que

Today I'm happy and overwhelmed with how many ppl are helping out the Fort Mac (from the province Alberta in Canada) evacuees from the devastating fires. I'm happy to see so many of the animals being rescued from the houses too!

I'm also happy that I didn't rear end the person this morning. There was bumper to bumper traffic fit a bit and I had to slam on my brakes.

I'm also happy that one of my co workers helped me with one of the mats I was building. I was having a blonde moment and forgot to impact the nuts onto the bolts and was about to flip the mat before realizing my mistake. Lol lol... (So imagine someone trying to flip a wooden 8x14 foot long mat that only had bolts in it... No nuts to secure it in place!) Yes it started to come apart haha.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page