Today I'm happy that... - Page 87 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1832Likes

#2581 Old 12-23-2015, 04:46 PM

Today I am happy that I have never smoked cigarettes except for a year when I was in my late stupid teens, half a century ago. I'm also happy that my choking, my gasping and my burning eyes and insomnia are not nearly as bad as all that might be if there were twice as many smokers in the building where I reside.

Last edited by Vincent Vegan; 12-23-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2582 Old 12-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vegan View Post
Today I am happy that I have never smoked cigarettes except for a year when I was in my late stupid teens, half a century ago. I'm also happy that my choking, my gasping and my burning eyes and insomnia are not nearly as bad as all that might be if there were twice as many smokers in the building where I reside.
I want to be happy for you (and that's awesome that you have rarely ever smoked!) but i feel bad for you living in such an environment. :/ In my city smoking is not allowed in rental units now, but of course that doesn't stop people.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2583 Old 12-24-2015, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Tofu View Post
Today I'm happy because I'm catching up on the new season of Doctor Who!
The most recent episode is possibly the best yet! I'm so excited for the Christmas special!
Purp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2584 Old 12-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that on my flight home from Cali, I sat next to two vegans!!! YAY!!! And, one is moving to the capital of my state, and the other lives in the next town over from me.
Tom and silva like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2585 Old 12-25-2015, 02:53 AM
Beginner

I'm happy that I spent Christmas Eve with my college roommate's family and they had a special pizza just for me. It made me feel so welcome.

Plus I'm happy it's Christmas. Merry Christmas, everyone!
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2586 Old 12-25-2015, 03:20 AM

I'm happy that it's christmas and that half my house is veggie so its easier to adjust and be inspired
#2587 Old 12-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Christmas!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2588 Old 12-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Happy vegan

I got a vegan cookbook for Christmas and tried out one of the recipes and it turned out really well.
Purp likes this.
#2589 Old 12-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Tofu View Post
I got a vegan cookbook for Christmas and tried out one of the recipes and it turned out really well.
Gonna tell us which one?

I'm so wanting to order Dr. Gregers 'How Not to Die'.
I have it on order from the library,but I know I want it.

I got a Nutribullet knock off from Aldi for $29.99 and I LOVE it!
Matcha smoothies for breakfast!
Purp and Blue Gingham like this.
#2590 Old 12-27-2015, 02:06 PM
Veggie Regular

My friend, whom I never thought would do this, hasn't EATEN MEAT IN 2 MONTHS!!! She says I influenced her.
Tom, karenlovessnow, silva and 2 others like this.

#2591 Old 12-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
My friend, whom I never thought would do this, hasn't EATEN MEAT IN 2 MONTHS!!! She says I influenced her.

That is awesome...it does feel great, doesn't it? I have two friends who are making serious strides toward vegetarianism and reducing their dairy intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom, Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2592 Old 12-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Gonna tell us which one?

I'm so wanting to order Dr. Gregers 'How Not to Die'.
I have it on order from the library,but I know I want it.

I got a Nutribullet knock off from Aldi for $29.99 and I LOVE it!
Matcha smoothies for breakfast!
I got "Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen" from the library and I'm going to have to buy it. It's so good. I thought about getting the Nutribullet when it was on sale at Aldi, and now I wish I would have...

Today as the weather is miserable, I'm happy that I don't have to be out in it! I'm also happy to eat spinach pie and hummus for dinner.
Purp likes this.

Last edited by Blue Gingham; 12-27-2015 at 02:39 PM.
#2593 Old 12-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Today I'm happy that I made 4000 posts on VB - not all today, of course...

Leedsveg
#2594 Old 12-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gingham View Post
I got "Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen" from the library and I'm going to have to buy it. It's so good. I thought about getting the Nutribullet when it was on sale at Aldi, and now I wish I would have...

Today as the weather is miserable, I'm happy that I don't have to be out in it! I'm also happy to eat spinach pie and hummus for dinner.
I love vegan richa, but I think I'll get it from the library.
You should see if your aldi has any left, or call others. It's very worth it! Mine still has four. I've been really happy with their small appliances, got my pressure there too-stainless steel
Purp likes this.
#2595 Old 12-27-2015, 10:03 PM

Today I m happy that I ate well, and am starting to come to terms with the eggs in my diet. Although only egg whites, I still find myself not at 100 percent peace but I hope to make some slight changes, using substitutes in the future when available. Really not ready to do the vegan thing, but ready to accept some vegan recipes
silva and Purp like this.
#2596 Old 01-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

The Seahawks won and it snowed today!!

#2597 Old 01-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Just noticed my VB join date next to another of my posts, and realized I've been veg for 9 years now. Wow. I hadn't realized it was that long.

--Fromper
Tom, Purp, LedBoots and 5 others like this.
#2598 Old 01-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
Just noticed my VB join date next to another of my posts, and realized I've been veg for 9 years now. Wow. I hadn't realized it was that long.

--Fromper
Congratulations!!
leedsveg likes this.

#2599 Old 01-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Posted a picture of the vegan brownie(s) I made on Facebook, and a friend I have in Portugal commented on it saying I need to go there and teach her some vegan stuff, and that she has been slowly trying.
Well, I am going there this month.
Purp, no whey jose and Jenn2 like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2600 Old 01-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Posted a picture of the vegan brownie(s) I made on Facebook, and a friend I have in Portugal commented on it saying I need to go there and teach her some vegan stuff, and that she has been slowly trying.
Well, I am going there this month.
Congratulations.

#2601 Old 01-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Beginner

Today, my omni hubby told me that he likes the gardein chick'n better than the real thing...he said he doesn't see any reason for him to buy chicken again. (Chicken used to be one of his favourite foods until he saw some documentaries with me and started looking for alternatives.) Anyway, I was SHOCKED and so happy!
Purp, LedBoots and skinnieminnie like this.
#2602 Old 01-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2 View Post
Today, my omni hubby told me that he likes the gardein chick'n better than the real thing...he said he doesn't see any reason for him to buy chicken again. (Chicken used to be one of his favourite foods until he saw some documentaries with me and started looking for alternatives.) Anyway, I was SHOCKED and so happy!
Even though most people quit pork and beef first, the number of chickens killed for food is a lot bigger, so that's pretty cool.
Purp, LedBoots and Jenn2 like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2603 Old 01-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

I found a presidential candidate I like.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1180036 (800x600).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	13329
Tom likes this.

#2604 Old 01-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Fellow Hummusapian

Today, I'm happy that there are so many cruelty-free options available. I've been trying to phase out cosmetics and products that aren't; started with soaps, cleansers, hair care, etc. and am slowly moving onto makeup. I am dying to use up the last of my mascara so I can finally chuck it and support a more mindful company.
#2605 Old 02-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I found out one of my local elected officials is vegetarian!! YAY!!!
no whey jose likes this.

#2606 Old 03-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

My mom belongs to a singing group and one of the members is vegan, and I met her last night.
karenlovessnow and LedBoots like this.

#2607 Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

FINALLY someone brought vegan friendly snacks to work in my department! It was these: http://www.22daysnutrition.com/protein-bars.php
Purp, LedBoots and skinnieminnie like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2608 Old 03-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I scheduled a new blog post on my site. http://greatlakeswoman87.wix.com/donthaveacow
Purp likes this.

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
—Henry David Thoreau
My site
#2609 Old 03-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherries View Post
I scheduled a new blog post on my site. http://greatlakeswoman87.wix.com/donthaveacow
I checked out your blog, and it looks good. Good luck with the blog.
cherries likes this.

#2610 Old 03-06-2016, 06:41 AM
Beginner

Nate Diaz (mainly vegan) beat Mcgreggor last night

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page