Today I'm happy that... - Page 83 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1832Likes

#2461 Old 07-13-2015, 04:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Was about to make a 420 joke before I realised that's not a thing here in the UK!
But now I'm curious ... why is 420 funny?

Of course I'm just in awe of getting up at 4:20 and running 6.5miles (though I will get up at 5:45 and run 3miles ...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2462 Old 07-13-2015, 04:48 AM
Veggie Regular

If it helps stir the pot, I'm 69 this year...but I've never tried weed (420?).

Last edited by leedsveg; 07-13-2015 at 04:53 AM.
#2463 Old 07-13-2015, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

420 is American slang for marijuana.

You're not missing much, leeds! The last time I tried, I just felt paranoid and slightly nauseated. I think I'll stick to red wine from now on.
Purp and Shallot like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2464 Old 07-13-2015, 07:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
420 is American slang for marijuana.
And 69 is slang for.....Never mind, you google it.
Purp, Shallot and no whey jose like this.
#2465 Old 07-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
And 69 is slang for.....Never mind, you google it.
Funny story: when I was in middle school, I had to take a metal working class. I was a very sheltered, innocent kid. For one assignment, I made a design out of curly bits of metal that looked, unbeknownst to me, like the numbers 69. The teacher was furious. He called me up to his desk and started yelling at me-- "I expected better out of you, this is obscene, this is disgusting, how could you do this" etc. I had absolutely no idea why he was so angry, and I started to cry. After a while, this look of realisation came over his face and he said, "You don't know what this means, do you?" I tearfully shook my head and said "no, what does it mean??!" and he said "never mind, go back to your seat and make a new design."
Tom, karenlovessnow, Purp and 3 others like this.
#2466 Old 07-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh teachers ... how you make a mess of things. :-P
Tom, Purp and no whey jose like this.
#2467 Old 07-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Funny story: when I was in middle school, I had to take a metal working class. I was a very sheltered, innocent kid. For one assignment, I made a design out of curly bits of metal that looked, unbeknownst to me, like the numbers 69. The teacher was furious. He called me up to his desk and started yelling at me-- "I expected better out of you, this is obscene, this is disgusting, how could you do this" etc. I had absolutely no idea why he was so angry, and I started to cry. After a while, this look of realisation came over his face and he said, "You don't know what this means, do you?" I tearfully shook my head and said "no, what does it mean??!" and he said "never mind, go back to your seat and make a new design."
I'm happy that @now heyjose gave me a good chuckle with this story.
no whey jose likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2468 Old 07-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy my library had my books I wanted on hold, and I got them, and I'm happy that my local park has free concerts on Wed, and I went and had a great time and bumped into an old friend of mine. (I also got 8.6 miles on my pedometer).
LedBoots and Naturebound like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2469 Old 07-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy I finished a 5K in under an hour, and I'm happy I went to a local parade and saw some old friends of mine.
Tom, karenlovessnow and LedBoots like this.

#2470 Old 07-19-2015, 04:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I just saw this advertised on Facebook and it made me laugh!

http://teespring.com/plantshaveprote...6539&sid=front
Purp likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2471 Old 07-19-2015, 05:15 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I can hear the red tailed hawk's cries as he flies over the lake.

You can hear the sounds here. (I don't know how to post the sound downloads.)

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/R...ed_Hawk/sounds
Purp and Naturebound like this.

Last edited by LedBoots; 07-19-2015 at 05:17 AM.
#2472 Old 07-19-2015, 05:19 AM
Impeach the gangster

I'm happy I have an old-growth oak tree in my back yard, maybe a hundred years old. It's good to sit under it, and watch the dog run about.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#2473 Old 07-19-2015, 07:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Sunday evening as I write this, I assist at a great animal shelter whenever I get the time. Had the honour of being able to do so today, took with me a bag of dog-food, several biscuit packs and other stuff (old bedsheets). There are about 50+ dogs, 40 odd cats and a few equines & bovines.

Today I'm happy I could chip in and do my part in making this earth a friendlier place for animals. Its never enough but every bit counts.
Purp and LedBoots like this.

The earth has enough resources for everyones need but not their greed.

#2474 Old 07-23-2015, 07:22 PM
From Another Place

Today I'm happy that I joined Veggie Boards (*collective "awww"*) and that I made a few more dents in one of my writing projects.
#2475 Old 07-23-2015, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

We're glad you joined Veggie boards, too, @Axxonn N . I'm happy that it's light enough to enjoy after dinner walks.

#2476 Old 07-24-2015, 12:26 AM
Impeach the gangster

I'm happy an owl has made a home in my back yard oak tree.
karenlovessnow and LedBoots like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#2477 Old 07-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that I saw a woodpecker this morning, that it's Friday, and the Mariners won tonight.
LedBoots likes this.

#2478 Old 07-25-2015, 01:38 PM
From Another Place

I'm happy that some great music arrived in my mail box, I have tons of free time today, and I'm feelin' productive.
Purp likes this.
#2479 Old 08-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that VegNews has its survey out (I'm not posting in here, I don't want to spam anyone), and I could give a couple of shout outs to Veggieboards.

#2480 Old 08-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that I didn't crash on my bicycle on my way home from work last Friday. Somehow, the handlebars had come a bit loose in the clamp that holds them onto the headset, and I noticed and stopped immediately. They had slid sideways so that they weren't centered anymore, but seemed to have become reasonably tight in their new position. I might have gotten home okay- it's all flat terrain and very straight- but I didn't want to take the chance and got on the bus, putting my wheels in the bus bike rack.

I'm happy I did chores over the weekend and will be doing fun stuff this week.
silva and Purp like this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#2481 Old 08-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I'm happy that I didn't crash on my bicycle on my way home from work last Friday. Somehow, the handlebars had come a bit loose in the clamp that holds them onto the headset, and I noticed and stopped immediately. They had slid sideways so that they weren't centered anymore, but seemed to have become reasonably tight in their new position. I might have gotten home okay- it's all flat terrain and very straight- but I didn't want to take the chance and got on the bus, putting my wheels in the bus bike rack.

I'm happy I did chores over the weekend and will be doing fun stuff this week.
I'm glad you didn't get hurt! I hope your bike gets fixed, soon.
Tom likes this.

#2482 Old 08-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

the term is almost over. one more day of class and then one day of finals.

the kids did extremely well this term. i am getting better at refining my delivery, i think.
karenlovessnow, Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2483 Old 08-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Happy vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallot View Post
But now I'm curious ... why is 420 funny?

Of course I'm just in awe of getting up at 4:20 and running 6.5miles (though I will get up at 5:45 and run 3miles ...)
420 isn't just slang for marijuana, it became that way because that is the police code for marijuana possession.

Today I'm happy because I had two people tell me they hope my shift isn't too bad tomorrow at work! (I work as a caterer at my university but tomorrow I may have to work in the dining hall which isn't very pleasant.)
Purp and no whey jose like this.
#2484 Old 08-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Today I am happy I survived a stressful meeting at work and even participated in the discussion! I was stressing about it all week and when it was over it was the best feeling in the world not only getting through it but doing it successfully.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2485 Old 08-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Today (or two days ago, when I didn't have internet access, to be precise) I was happy that an upscale restaurant in a rural area could cater to my veganism without any problem at all. No pointing and laughing, no bunch of carrot sticks and hummus (it was brown rice with almond slices in it, along with various steamed vegetables on the side and it was delicious).

#2486 Old 08-20-2015, 05:29 PM

Today I'm happy my first vegan meal for my husband and father-in-law was a success.
Purp, LedBoots and Naturebound like this.
#2487 Old 08-20-2015, 05:33 PM
jmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitie813 View Post
Today I'm happy my first vegan meal for my husband and father-in-law was a success.
Congrats!
#2488 Old 08-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Today I'm happy it's almost Friday... This week can feel free to end any time now...
Purp and Naturebound like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2489 Old 08-21-2015, 11:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that VegNews is out, and should be on the news stands in my area soon.

Will you guys let me know if this is too much elation? Thanks.
karenlovessnow and LedBoots like this.

#2490 Old 08-22-2015, 10:41 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitie813 View Post
Great! What food did you all have?
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page