Today I'm happy that... - Page 80 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1833Likes

#2371 Old 04-28-2015, 10:40 PM
Impeach the gangster

I'm happy the contractor started rebuilding my driveway. Today, they tore out a retaining wall that was sagging, and soon will start making a block wall with landscaping. It should look 100% better.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2372 Old 05-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Impeach the gangster

Ta-da. Here's the finished retaining wall for my driveway. It'll look better once the grass grows back in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wall 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	8809   Click image for larger version

Name:	wall 2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	8817  

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#2373 Old 05-02-2015, 10:50 PM

I'm happy that in TWO days I'll be seeing Tyler, the Creator in concert.
Purp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2374 Old 05-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I (finally) got to the library today and got all my books that I've had on hold. *phew* I also got my grocery shopping done, and I got 3+ miles in on my pedometer.
Tom and karenlovessnow like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2375 Old 05-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Ta-da. Here's the finished retaining wall for my driveway. It'll look better once the grass grows back in.

Really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom and Purp like this.
#2376 Old 05-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I'm happy that it didn't rain when it was time for me to go home from work, and I could ride my bicycle.

I'm happy that there's a nice, safe, flat, paved path for me to ride that route on... except for one stretch along a busy road, maybe 1/3 mile long. It's almost like that scene toward the end of "Star Wars": it's busy, straight, and kinda narrow, and the cars keep overtaking you (but at least they're not TRYING to kill you...)

*wheeeeze* *wheeeeze* I'VE GOT YOU NOW.....

EEEEEEEEE

I'VE LOST ARTOO!!!!!
etc.
karenlovessnow likes this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#2377 Old 05-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

new countertops went in friday. the old one (butcher block) had collapsed around the sink.

today the new fridge, range, and faucet were installed. beautiful, but too bad that i am afraid to touch anything yet! i don't want to get anything dirty.

the workmen were all so nice!

they are stainless appliances with salt/pepper granite countertop, very pretty and so sleek-looking. it's a cliche but i am thinking about resale. the faucet reminds me of a swan (kohler barossa).

still need to decide on a backsplash, windowsills, and cabinet pulls.
karenlovessnow, Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2378 Old 05-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Sounds nice, cuberail...you should post pictures!

Purp likes this.
#2379 Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 AM
adapt. evolve. become

Might be able to go to Denver, Colorado again for Christmas or New Years.
I went there in April with my mom.

All we are is dust in the wind
#2380 Old 05-20-2015, 03:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Today I'm happy that my fiance is coming home after a business trip.
#2381 Old 05-22-2015, 03:03 PM
adapt. evolve. become

got a new coffee maker today. first cup in a week.
Purp, leedsveg and no whey jose like this.
#2382 Old 05-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Friday and Thai food for dinner!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2383 Old 05-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

I have absolutely NOTHING I have to do this weekend! No work, no social events, nothing! After about 2 months of being so busy I could barely breathe this is a nice relief. I might do a little cleaning and exercising but I guarantee I'm spending 90% of my time being completely useless drinking wine and watching Netflix.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2384 Old 05-23-2015, 06:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I have absolutely NOTHING I have to do this weekend! No work, no social events, nothing! After about 2 months of being so busy I could barely breathe this is a nice relief. I might do a little cleaning and exercising but I guarantee I'm spending 90% of my time being completely useless drinking wine and watching Netflix.

I love having nothing to do on my days off! My job is so stressful, it pretty much nearly sucks the life out of me so that I need to be in a vegetative state on the weekends just to recharge. The only downside is I am torn between wanting to see family and friends and needing to have my alone time.

That said, I am looking forward to the long weekend!

Werewolf Girl and LedBoots like this.
#2385 Old 05-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post
I love having nothing to do on my days off! My job is so stressful, it pretty much nearly sucks the life out of me so that I need to be in a vegetative state on the weekends just to recharge. The only downside is I am torn between wanting to see family and friends and needing to have my alone time.

That said, I am looking forward to the long weekend!

Me too! I have taken a staycation, just going thrifting, the beach, to see my cousin tomorrow, and just hang with the fam. In June, I am going up to Connecticut for a mini family reunion and 100th year celebration of the high school I graduated from some years ago (39, cough).
#2386 Old 05-23-2015, 11:53 AM

Today I am happy that:
  • My husband and all 3 kids are out of town for 2 days. The dog and I are very much enjoying the quiet.
  • I have the time and money to make multiple (so far failed) attempts at the perfect vegan cool whip and ice cream.
  • Good coffee
#2387 Old 05-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

I'm happy iced coffee exists.
Purp and no whey jose like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2388 Old 05-25-2015, 03:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy I've been able to spend 2 days on the allotment (vegetable patch) just digging and planting and I have one more day of it (oh my arms and legs - all that digging).

I'm even happier that I have managed to off load 2 tomato plants. I planted 15 seeds - I have 15 plants, somewhere in my family history there are some seriously green fingers, for which I am grateful, but 15 plants! FIFTEEN. I went through a phase of being quietly impressed with myself, then a bit amazed as they all survived and then started feeling a little dismayed ... because what am I going to do (in a 2 person household) with that many tomatoes?
leedsveg, mecanna and no whey jose like this.
#2389 Old 05-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy my husband and discovered this awesome ethiopian restaurant where all their veggie options are 100% vegan and their injera is gluten free, and the buffet is super affordable
#2390 Old 05-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Previous happiness has been surpassed.

I saw a baby fox! Sooo cute - it means that the fox couple I saw hanging out in the winter had cubs and that cubs made it.
And then I saw a frog on the allotment.
And then there were doves in the garden (i thought I'd heard them but had not spotted them for months).

My cup runneth over.

Now I'm off to have beer with friends.

This day has been epic!
#2391 Old 05-25-2015, 10:15 AM

Today I am thankful for

- My delicious green smoothie
- Good coffee (as always)
- My reluctantly-vegetarian husband spending some time this weekend with a vegan buddy of his who happens to have 2 rescue pigs and is a bodybuilder. He came home definitely all-aboard the vegetarian train with a much deeper understanding of why I am transitioning to vegan.
#2392 Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I've had a very good week (starting last weekend).

First, I had a good weekend last weekend playing in a massive chess tournament. I won 5 of my 7 games, which was enough to win some prize money, since I tied for 9th place, and the top 10 out of more than 100 people in my section get prizes. Of course, I was tied for 9th through 20th places, so we have to divide the prize money, which brings the prize down to less than what I paid for an entry fee, but it's still a nice bonus, since my main goal was just to have a fun weekend playing. And while I was there, I made some new friends in the hobby, and even got one of my games analyzed by a grandmaster. All in all, a very fun weekend spent on what's currently my top hobby.

Yesterday was my nephew's middle school graduation. Since they attend the same school for 9 years (K-8), it's a pretty big deal. My dad's in from out of town, so I've had a good time hanging out with the the family yesterday and today.

And today, I got a job offer from an interview I had on Wednesday, where I wasn't entirely sure if they liked me or not. I've been unemployed since losing my last job a couple of months ago, so it's about time one of the MANY jobs I've applied for has finally come through.

All in all, it's been my best week in a long time.

--Fromper
#2393 Old 05-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Impeach the gangster

Happy to hear things are going your way, Fromper. Hope it continues!
Tom likes this.

#2394 Old 05-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

After this weekend I'm going to be working from home for at least the next few months! Things have been so hectic and crazy lately I'm looking forward to being a homebody for awhile. Our house will actually be clean for once and I'll be there to keep the kitties company during the day.

#2395 Old 05-29-2015, 11:48 PM
Riot Nrrrd

I'm super psyched (=happy) that Twin Peaks "season 3", originally announced by Showtime as 9 episodes has been greelighted for 18! Still have to wait 'til next year, but twice what we thought! All with Lynch directing too, since they worked the $$ question out (Lynch wanted to shoot to film, Showtime wanted to go with straight digital)

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#2396 Old 05-30-2015, 12:09 AM

One laptop and one computer stopped working earlier this month and my other brand new laptop started acting weird too yesterday, it ended up being nothing.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#2397 Old 05-30-2015, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post
I'm super psyched (=happy) that Twin Peaks "season 3", originally announced by Showtime as 9 episodes has been greelighted for 18! Still have to wait 'til next year, but twice what we thought! All with Lynch directing too, since they worked the $$ question out (Lynch wanted to shoot to film, Showtime wanted to go with straight digital)
I heard that too! So happy it's all working out the way I'd hoped.

Weird about David Lynch insisting on film though, I thought he was all obsessed with digital now since doing Inland Empire. I'm guessing he probably wanted it to have the same look and feel as the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPaws View Post
One laptop and one computer stopped working earlier this month and my other brand new laptop started acting weird too yesterday, it ended up being nothing.
Yay! I love it when computer issues fix themselves.
no whey jose likes this.

#2398 Old 05-30-2015, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post
Yes!! Twin Peaks!!!
#2399 Old 05-30-2015, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Today I am happy that my husband and I are going to spend a great deal of time today working on our garden for the year.
Shallot, leedsveg and no whey jose like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2400 Old 05-30-2015, 08:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Today I am happy the new fridge freezer arrived! It's HUGE. But most importantly it is not the old one (which was here when we moved in, had broken bits, stained grey from mould and it leaked).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page